|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is one of Bud's greatest fears?
2. What does the mother in the family share with Bud?
3. Which of the following is the information Bud knows about his new home?
4. Which of the following terms best describes the new librarian to whom Bud begins to talk?
5. What happens during Bud's first trick?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Todd's mother react to the situation between Bud and Todd and why does Bud think she reacts that way?
2. What happens when the cops show up near where the group is trying to get aboard the train?
3. What would Billy pretend and tease the other boys at the orphanage about?
4. What did Billy used to argue about at the home and why did he say he wouldn't be there much longer?
5. What does Bud dream about and what does this dream cause him to worry about?
6. What does Bud call the book page dust and what does it help him to do?
7. How does Bud feel about being stuck in the barn?
8. Why does it bother Bud that the Amoses have rummaged through his suitcase?
9. In what way does Bud get a quick taste of what it is like to be a part of a family?
10. Write about Bud's list and describe the general information about it and what it provides for Bud.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bud feel about the fact that he has made progress with the other members of the band, but Mr. Calloway continues to be cold with him? Why do you think he feels that way? Do you think he is justified in his feelings? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Bud consider the entire band his family even though he is not genetically related to most of them? Do you think this is a natural or unnatural process? Why do you believe that way?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think it is understandable that Bud has distrust of adults? In what way is Bud lucky even though he is often distrustful of adults? Why do you think this is the case?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)