|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What coin did Billy often pretend could speak?
2. Which of the following describes the approximate age of Bud's mother in the picture he is looking at of her in this chapter?
3. What hang on the barn's door?
4. Why did the new librarian think that Bud particularly liked Civil War books?
5. What does Bud hope to do after he escapes from the angry hornets?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the hornets and the edgy teeth seem to be symbolic of?
2. What does Bud want to do for the family who helped him to get breakfast and how do they respond?
3. What information does the new librarian share with Bud and how does she treat Bud?
4. In what way does Bud get a quick taste of what it is like to be a part of a family?
5. What does Bud call the book page dust and what does it help him to do?
6. What does the new librarian remember about Bud and Ms. Hill's relationship?
7. How does Bud realize that the Amoses must have rummaged through his suitcase?
8. Why does Bud's mother insist he be called Bud and not Buddy?
9. What does Bud envision is the solution to his problem with the Amoses and how does he react?
10. What happens as the two boys try to get on the train and what does Bugs do about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way does the author use foreshadowing throughout the novel? Do you believe the author is successful at foreshadowing events? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The author includes two points of view in relation to the formation of unions. Which point of view do you support? Why do you feel this way? How does Bud feel about unions? Why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
Do you believe the character of Bud believes in acts of revenge? Why or why not? Utilize specific examples from the text to support your opinion.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)