|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Bud feels about the presence of the police?
2. How is Bud treated in relation to the family who helps him out?
3. What does Bud see around the corner as he heads with the other residents toward the train?
4. What trick does Bud want to play on Todd before he leaves?
5. What does Bud reflect on in relation to conversations with his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Todd's mother react to the situation between Bud and Todd and why does Bud think she reacts that way?
2. What does Bud call the book page dust and what does it help him to do?
3. How does Bud realize that the Amoses must have rummaged through his suitcase?
4. What happens when the cops show up near where the group is trying to get aboard the train?
5. In what way does Bud get a quick taste of what it is like to be a part of a family?
6. What did Billy used to argue about at the home and why did he say he wouldn't be there much longer?
7. What does Bud dream about and what does this dream cause him to worry about?
8. What do the hornets and the edgy teeth seem to be symbolic of?
9. How does Bud feel about being stuck in the barn?
10. How does Bud know that his trick on Todd was the right thing to do and how does Bud leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think it is understandable that Bud has distrust of adults? In what way is Bud lucky even though he is often distrustful of adults? Why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 2
The author includes two points of view in relation to the formation of unions. Which point of view do you support? Why do you feel this way? How does Bud feel about unions? Why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
In what way does Bud consider the entire band his family even though he is not genetically related to most of them? Do you think this is a natural or unnatural process? Why do you believe that way?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)