|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears to be Bud's most important possession?
2. Why can Bud find information easily in the library?
3. What would Billy often brag about to the other kids at the orphanage?
4. Where does Bud have breakfast at the beginning of this chapter?
5. Which of the following is a nickname that Bud's mother did not want him to use?
Short Essay Questions
1. Write about Bud's list and describe the general information about it and what it provides for Bud.
2. After being stung, what does Bud insist on doing and why?
3. In what way are the library and the shelter similar and what do they provide for Bud?
4. What realization does Bud come to after he sees the metal bars on the library?
5. How does Bud feel about being stuck in the barn?
6. How does Bud realize that the Amoses must have rummaged through his suitcase?
7. What realization does Bud come to in regard to Todd and the way he treats Bud?
8. What is Bud saddened about at the beginning of Chapter 9 and where is he when this occurs?
9. How does the reader feel after Bud is attacked by the hornets?
10. What does Bud take with him and how does he feel as he leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you believe Bud feels like he is a part of the band? Why do you think he feels this way? Do you think the band holds the same opinion as Bud? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way does Bud begin to see the importance of his things in a new light? Do you think his new conclusions are right? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How can you tell that Bud is a law-abiding citizen? Does this surprise you as the reader? Why or why not?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)