|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time period does this story take place?
2. What does Bud reflect on in relation to conversations with his mother?
3. Why is Bud almost too late to catch his train?
4. What does Bud sense in the family members with whom he is sharing breakfast?
5. What is the first evidence of Todd's dishonesty?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bud think six is an important age for children?
2. How does Bud realize that the Amoses must have rummaged through his suitcase?
3. How does Todd's mother react to the situation between Bud and Todd and why does Bud think she reacts that way?
4. In what way does Bud get a quick taste of what it is like to be a part of a family?
5. Why does Bud have a difficult time getting along with Todd?
6. After being stung, what does Bud insist on doing and why?
7. In what way are the library and the shelter similar and what do they provide for Bud?
8. What would Billy pretend and tease the other boys at the orphanage about?
9. Who is Deza Malone and why is this character important to Bud?
10. Why does it bother Bud that the Amoses have rummaged through his suitcase?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think it is understandable that Bud has distrust of adults? In what way is Bud lucky even though he is often distrustful of adults? Why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you believe Bud was so attached to the suitcase? Do you believe this was a natural or unnatural attachment? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The author includes two points of view in relation to the formation of unions. Which point of view do you support? Why do you feel this way? How does Bud feel about unions? Why do you think this is the case?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)