|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following band members asks Bud about the importance of his suitcase?
(a) Mr. Calloway.
(b) Miss Thomas.
2. Which of the following band members becomes Bud's favorite because he stands up for Bud's feelings?
3. How did Bud spend time entertaining himself?
(a) Looking at the books on the depression.
(b) Waiting in line for food.
(c) Jumping in and out of the city of Flint.
(d) Trying to find cardboard to use as his home.
4. What does Mr. Calloway pick up and put in his pocket?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rock.
(c) A button.
(d) A quarter.
5. Who is Miss Thomas?
(a) Bud's mother's maiden name.
(b) Assumed girlfriend of Mr. Calloway.
(c) Waitress at the restaurant.
(d) Lead guitarist of the band.
Short Answer Questions
1. What responsibility does Bud take with the band?
2. What does Bud notice is on the rocks he sees in the glove compartment?
3. Where is the stranger on his way to before he stopped to talk to Bud?
4. How does the box on the front seat of the car make Bud feel?
5. What worried Bud about the first bedroom Bud had since he lived with his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bud begin to feel about the group?
2. What does the stranger do to soften up Bud and make him realize he wants him to help him?
3. What does Eddie request of Bud and why does he say he needs to make this request?
4. How does Bud feel when he finds out he will be staying with the band for more than one night and what does this cause him to wonder?
5. What does Bud find out that Lefty knows which might cause him some difficulties with his story?
6. What does Bud tell Mr. Calloway that leads him to realize that he and Bud are related and in what way are they related?
7. What does Bud realize when he wakes up the next morning?
8. What does Mr. Calloway say to Bud under his breath?
9. What can the reader learn about Bud and his feelings about the band and how can the reader tell this information?
10. What does Bud learn about his father and how does he feel about this information?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)