|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bud feel about accepting a ride from the stranger?
(a) He thinks it is very safe.
(b) He believes it is a big risk.
(c) He thinks it is what his mother would have wanted.
(d) He believes it will help him greatly.
2. What does Bud begin to realize about people?
(a) People are hesitant and doubtful.
(b) Most people are kind and good.
(c) Bud realizes that it is what is on the inside that counts not the outside.
(d) They will generally accept strangers readily.
3. What does Bud fall asleep to the sound of in this chapter?
(a) Arguing between Miss Thomas and Mr. Calloway.
(b) Music rehearsal from the band.
(c) Crying of someone in the other room.
(d) Sounds from the restaurant below.
4. What book does Bud imagine himself a part of?
(a) Moby Dick.
(b) The Secret Garden.
(c) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
(d) Journey to the Center of the Earth.
5. How does the stranger react to the fact that Bud attempted to drive the car without him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument is Bud offered on which he can practice his music skills?
2. Which of the following band members becomes Bud's favorite because he stands up for Bud's feelings?
3. What does Bud tell the man about where he is from?
4. Where do Bud and Lefty meet up with Mr. Calloway?
5. What do the band members promise to do for Bud while they figure out what is going on with the story about his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eddie request of Bud and why does he say he needs to make this request?
2. What does Bud learn about his father and how does he feel about this information?
3. What do the band members explain to Bud about the racial make-up of the band?
4. How does Bud begin to feel about the group?
5. What does Bud find out that Lefty knows which might cause him some difficulties with his story?
6. What does Mr. Calloway say to Bud under his breath?
7. How does feel about accepting the ride from the stranger and what does he do that will help him to feel more confident?
8. What does Bud worry about when he finds out that Lefty sent his father a telegram?
9. Why is Bud always suspicious of adults and what do they say to make him suspicious?
10. What does the stranger do to soften up Bud and make him realize he wants him to help him?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)