|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lefty send to Bud's dad?
2. What instrument is Bud offered on which he can practice his music skills?
3. What does Mr. Calloway think Bud is?
(a) An orphan.
(b) A thief.
(c) A liar.
(d) A spy.
4. How does Bud decide is the best way to deal with the situation with the stranger he is riding with?
(a) Tell a lie to all of the questions.
(b) Provide as little information as possible.
(c) Ask as many questions as he can think of.
(d) Pretend he is sleeping.
5. Who is Miss Thomas?
(a) Assumed girlfriend of Mr. Calloway.
(b) Bud's mother's maiden name.
(c) Waitress at the restaurant.
(d) Lead guitarist of the band.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bud hear the book that Bud imagines himself a part of?
2. What simple thing that most people take for granted surprised and made Bud happy?
3. How do Miss Thomas and the band feel about Bud's cleaning?
4. What does the band do about Bud's comment that his father is the grumpiest guy in the group?
5. What time of day is Bud out walking when the man stops and whistles for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bud worry about when he finds out that Lefty sent his father a telegram?
2. What does Bud realize when he wakes up the next morning?
3. Why did the restaurant decide it was easier just to use the NBC initials instead of the full band name on the reservation sign?
4. How does feel about accepting the ride from the stranger and what does he do that will help him to feel more confident?
5. How does Bud explain to the stranger his being alone and traveling to Grand Rapids?
6. What does Bud find out that Lefty knows which might cause him some difficulties with his story?
7. Why does the band take Bud to the Sweet Pea Restaurant and what does he have to do in return?
8. What does Lefty explain to Bud about the box that he has Bud hold while the policeman talks to Lefty?
9. Where does Bud's distrust of adults come from and is it warranted?
10. How does Bud feel when he finds out he will be staying with the band for more than one night and what does this cause him to wonder?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)