|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bud tell the man about where he is from?
(a) He tells him that he ran away from Grand Rapids.
(b) He tells him that he left an orphanage in Chicago.
(c) He tells him that he is looking for his parents.
(d) He tells him that he fell off of a train.
2. Why doesn't Lefty go in with Bud to meet Bud's father?
(a) Because Bud begs him not to go in with them.
(b) Because he has to get to the hospital immediately.
(c) Because the police are still watching.
(d) Because Bud convinces him not to.
3. Which instrument is Bud given tips on how to play by one of the band members?
4. What does Mr. Calloway think Bud is?
(a) A thief.
(b) An orphan.
(c) A spy.
(d) A liar.
5. What does the policeman discuss before letting them go on to Grand Rapids?
(a) Transportation of blood.
(b) Where Bud's father is located.
(c) Why they were traveling over the speed limit.
(d) Concern over labor organizer problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument is Bud offered on which he can practice his music skills?
2. How did Bud sleep that first night in the bed that Miss Thomas loaned him?
3. How does Bud feel about accepting a ride from the stranger?
4. What does Bud think the strange man may be?
5. What book does Bud imagine himself a part of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the band members explain to Bud about the racial make-up of the band?
2. What does Lefty explain to Bud about the box that he has Bud hold while the policeman talks to Lefty?
3. Why is Bud always suspicious of adults and what do they say to make him suspicious?
4. How does Bud begin to feel about the group?
5. What does Bud do as his fears of vampires take over at the stranger's car?
6. How does feel about accepting the ride from the stranger and what does he do that will help him to feel more confident?
7. What does Bud find out that Lefty knows which might cause him some difficulties with his story?
8. What can the reader learn about Bud and his feelings about the band and how can the reader tell this information?
9. What does Eddie request of Bud and why does he say he needs to make this request?
10. What does Bud realize when he wakes up the next morning?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)