|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bud refers to Bugs as his brother in what?
2. Why does Bud move the shotgun?
(a) So that he doesn't use it to shoot them.
(b) So that he doesn't bump it as he is leaving.
(c) So they do not shoot themselves accidently.
(d) So they do not use it on him as he escapes.
3. How does Bud feel toward the family who helped him?
4. How does Bud learn that he will not be able to see his favorite librarian?
(a) Another kind librarian tells him.
(b) He sees her and she tells him that she is leaving.
(c) He reads about it in the paper.
(d) He overhears two patrons talking about it.
5. Where is Bud banished by Ms. Amos?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are both Bud and Jerry at this point in the novel?
2. How much older than Bud is Todd?
3. Why does Bud want Todd to be a bed wetter?
4. What does this chapter end with?
5. What time period does this story take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the new librarian remember about Bud and Ms. Hill's relationship?
2. After being stung, what does Bud insist on doing and why?
3. What does Bud find out that Lefty knows which might cause him some difficulties with his story?
4. How does the reader feel after Bud is attacked by the hornets?
5. When Bud goes out after waking up what happens and what does this make him sense?
6. What realization does Bud come to in regard to Todd and the way he treats Bud?
7. What do the hornets and the edgy teeth seem to be symbolic of?
8. What realization does Bud come to after he sees the metal bars on the library?
9. What does Bud realize when he wakes up the next morning?
10. Why is Bud always suspicious of adults and what do they say to make him suspicious?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)