|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during Bud's first trick?
(a) Todd wakes up and gets mad.
(b) Todd urinates in bed.
(c) Nothing immediately.
(d) Bud slips and falls, spilling water on himself.
2. Why is it surprising that Bud is able to show such confidence about himself?
(a) His father abandoned him.
(b) He has no adult helping him.
(c) He has been in horrible life situations.
(d) He is an orphan.
3. What is Bud's first mistake during his newfound independence?
(a) He wakes up too late for breakfast.
(b) He cannot find a place to sleep.
(c) He misses the bus.
(d) He angers another family by mistakenly taking their spot.
4. Where does Bud go for breakfast?
(b) Local elementary school.
(c) Local shelter.
(d) Local restaurant.
5. What does the new librarian give to Bud other than the library book?
(a) A tablet.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A picture.
(d) Her lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Bud feels about Jerry's new home?
2. What is page powder?
3. What is a cardboard jungle another name for?
4. Why did the new librarian think that Bud particularly liked Civil War books?
5. What would Billy often brag about to the other kids at the orphanage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Bud's mother after she becomes angered over one of the blue flyers he carries as a prized possession?
2. Why is Jerry worried about his new home and what does Bud do to help?
3. How does Bud feel about being stuck in the barn?
4. What did Bud and Bugs plan to do and how did they agree to be there for each other?
5. What did Billy used to argue about at the home and why did he say he wouldn't be there much longer?
6. How does Todd's mother react to the situation between Bud and Todd and why does Bud think she reacts that way?
7. In what way does Bud get a quick taste of what it is like to be a part of a family?
8. What do the hornets and the edgy teeth seem to be symbolic of?
9. How does Bud realize that the Amoses must have rummaged through his suitcase?
10. What does Bud want to do for the family who helped him to get breakfast and how do they respond?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)