|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during Bud's first trick?
(a) Todd wakes up and gets mad.
(b) Todd urinates in bed.
(c) Nothing immediately.
(d) Bud slips and falls, spilling water on himself.
2. How does Bud learn that he will not be able to see his favorite librarian?
(a) He reads about it in the paper.
(b) Another kind librarian tells him.
(c) He overhears two patrons talking about it.
(d) He sees her and she tells him that she is leaving.
3. What would have happened to Bud had the family not helped him?
(a) He would have been banished from the shelter.
(b) He would have been hungry for at least another mealtime.
(c) He would have had to eat alone.
(d) He would have had to move onto another city.
4. Why is Bud allowed to stay in the food line when he shows up late?
(a) A family pretended he was their son.
(b) He snuck into the line.
(c) He begged the workers explaining how hungry he was.
(d) He was under the age of fifteen which allows him to eat at any time.
5. What do Bud's rules provide for him?
(a) A bit of humor.
(b) A tracking system of torture.
(c) A way to log his life.
(d) A way to get back at Todd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bud reflect on in relation to conversations with his mother?
2. Which of the following describes how Bud feels about the presence of the police?
3. What was the last straw for Bud which helped him decide that he had to leave the Amos household?
4. What happened to his favorite librarian?
5. What does Bud's mother believe that an unbloomed flower holds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Billy pretend and tease the other boys at the orphanage about?
2. Who is Deza Malone and why is this character important to Bud?
3. What does Bud dream about and what does this dream cause him to worry about?
4. What did Bud and Bugs plan to do and how did they agree to be there for each other?
5. What do the hornets and the edgy teeth seem to be symbolic of?
6. What happens when the cops show up near where the group is trying to get aboard the train?
7. What information does the new librarian share with Bud and how does she treat Bud?
8. What realization does Bud come to after he sees the metal bars on the library?
9. What happens as the two boys try to get on the train and what does Bugs do about it?
10. In what way does Bud get a quick taste of what it is like to be a part of a family?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)