|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Bud feels about Jerry's new home?
(a) He is in for a lot of trouble.
(b) He is going to be unhappy there.
(c) He got the short end of the stick.
(d) He is luckier than Bud.
2. Which of the following best describes Bud in the Amos household?
(a) Slave labor.
(b) Trustful member.
(d) Odd man out.
3. What does Bud indicate is his most prized possession?
(a) His suitcase.
(b) His blanket.
(c) His father's address.
(d) His teeth.
4. What does Bud believe the hornet's nest is that he sees on the ceiling?
(a) Fish heads.
(c) Vampire bat.
(d) Skull of a cow.
5. How does Bud learn that he will not be able to see his favorite librarian?
(a) He reads about it in the paper.
(b) He overhears two patrons talking about it.
(c) Another kind librarian tells him.
(d) He sees her and she tells him that she is leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bud use the memory of his mother's saying?
2. What does Bud imagine using to get even with the Amoses?
3. Where does Bud have breakfast at the beginning of this chapter?
4. Why does Bud want Todd to be a bed wetter?
5. Where is Bud banished by Ms. Amos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Thomas share about Mr. Calloway's dreams about his dreams for Angela?
2. How does the reader feel after Bud is attacked by the hornets?
3. How does Bud know that his trick on Todd was the right thing to do and how does Bud leave?
4. What would Billy pretend and tease the other boys at the orphanage about?
5. Who is Deza Malone and why is this character important to Bud?
6. What is Bud saddened about at the beginning of Chapter 9 and where is he when this occurs?
7. What did Billy used to argue about at the home and why did he say he wouldn't be there much longer?
8. Why is Bud always suspicious of adults and what do they say to make him suspicious?
9. Where does Bud's distrust of adults come from and is it warranted?
10. What does Bud call the book page dust and what does it help him to do?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)