|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Bud's suitcase when he got out of the barn and escaped from the hornets?
(a) In Todd's bedroom.
(b) Where he left it.
(c) Completely missing.
(d) Under his bed.
2. What story does Bud recount for Bugs that Bugs had already heard about?
(a) His fight with Todd Amos.
(b) His Momma's sayings about hope.
(c) His time in the barn with the hornets.
(d) His story about the librarian moving.
3. What does Bud see that upsets him as he approaches the library?
(a) The librarian he dislikes most.
(b) A closed sign.
(c) Metal bars on the windows.
(d) A vacant building.
4. Which of the following can be said to be true about the influence Bud's mother had on him?
(a) She gave him a nice nickname.
(b) She is the reason Bud cannot find happiness.
(c) She gave him the belief that he is nothing.
(d) She gave him an inner confidence.
5. Which of the following terms describes the character of Todd?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Bud is feeling at this point in the novel?
2. What is Bud's first mistake during his newfound independence?
3. How much older than Bud is Todd?
4. What does Bud hope to do after he escapes from the angry hornets?
5. How does Ms. Amos keep Bud in the place where she banished him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Bud come to after he sees the metal bars on the library?
2. How does Bud realize that the Amoses must have rummaged through his suitcase?
3. Why does Bud's mother insist he be called Bud and not Buddy?
4. In what way are the library and the shelter similar and what do they provide for Bud?
5. What is one of Bud's mother's sayings that Bud remembers and how does it make Bud feel?
6. Why is Bud initially happy to learn about Todd and what causes Bud's happiness about Todd to dissipate quickly?
7. What happens to Bud's mother after she becomes angered over one of the blue flyers he carries as a prized possession?
8. What does Bud call the book page dust and what does it help him to do?
9. What does Bud dream about and what does this dream cause him to worry about?
10. What is Bud bothered about in relation to the family that helped him that makes him have trouble being thankful?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)