|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Bud feels about Jerry's new home?
(a) He is going to be unhappy there.
(b) He is in for a lot of trouble.
(c) He is luckier than Bud.
(d) He got the short end of the stick.
2. Where was Bud's suitcase when he got out of the barn and escaped from the hornets?
(a) Where he left it.
(b) Completely missing.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In Todd's bedroom.
3. What does Bud see around the corner as he heads with the other residents toward the train?
(b) The police.
(d) The librarian.
4. What is page powder?
(a) Baby powder.
(b) Corn starch.
(c) Powder kept in the library.
(d) Book page dust.
5. Which of the following pictures does this novel provide insight into at the beginning?
(a) How it feels to lose your mother and be abandonded by your father.
(b) How it feels to lose your best friend due to moving.
(c) How it feels to be in an orphange and be picked to leave.
(d) How it feels to grow up in a difficult setting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family who helps Bud help him to do?
2. What does the reader realize that Bud really liked about Ms. Hill?
3. Which of the following terms describes the character of Todd?
4. What does Bud wonder about in regards to his suitcase?
5. Which of the following describes the approximate age of Bud's mother in the picture he is looking at of her in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bud's mother insist he be called Bud and not Buddy?
2. How does Bud know that his trick on Todd was the right thing to do and how does Bud leave?
3. In what way does Bud get a quick taste of what it is like to be a part of a family?
4. What do the hornets and the edgy teeth seem to be symbolic of?
5. What did Bud and Bugs plan to do and how did they agree to be there for each other?
6. What is one of Bud's mother's sayings that Bud remembers and how does it make Bud feel?
7. How does Bud feel about being stuck in the barn?
8. Why is Jerry worried about his new home and what does Bud do to help?
9. What information does the new librarian share with Bud and how does she treat Bud?
10. What would Billy pretend and tease the other boys at the orphanage about?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)