|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Billy often brag about to the other kids at the orphanage?
(a) He could beat any of them up.
(b) He was the leader of all of the boys at the orphanage.
(c) He knew how to get away from the orphanage.
(d) He knew who his mother and father were.
2. To which character does Bud flash back to during this chapter?
(a) Deza Malone.
(b) Ms. Hill.
(c) Todd Amos.
(d) Billy Burns.
3. How does Ms. Amos keep Bud in the place where she banished him?
(a) Threatens him.
(b) Ties him up.
(c) Cuffs him to the wall.
(d) Padlocks the door.
4. Where does Bud go for breakfast?
(a) Local restaurant.
(b) Local elementary school.
(d) Local shelter.
5. Why is Bud almost too late to catch his train?
(a) He stops to eat breakfast with the family at the shelter.
(b) He gets caught up talking to a girl.
(c) He is detained saying good bye to the librarian.
(d) He takes time to double check all of his things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it surprising that Bud is able to show such confidence about himself?
2. What does Bud wonder about in regards to his suitcase?
3. Which of the following characters sneaks up on Bud and surprises him?
4. What does Bud see around the corner as he heads with the other residents toward the train?
5. Which of the following types of issues are present for Bud in the Amos household?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bud feel about being stuck in the barn?
2. What does the new librarian remember about Bud and Ms. Hill's relationship?
3. What did Bud and Bugs plan to do and how did they agree to be there for each other?
4. Why does Bud's mother insist he be called Bud and not Buddy?
5. What did Billy used to argue about at the home and why did he say he wouldn't be there much longer?
6. What happens as the two boys try to get on the train and what does Bugs do about it?
7. In what way does Bud get a quick taste of what it is like to be a part of a family?
8. What do the hornets and the edgy teeth seem to be symbolic of?
9. What would Billy pretend and tease the other boys at the orphanage about?
10. Who is Deza Malone and why is this character important to Bud?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)