|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bud reflect on in relation to conversations with his mother?
(a) He can barely remember them anymore.
(b) They never had any real conversations.
(c) They are all the same.
(d) They provide him with the rules to live by.
2. Why do residents of the cardboard jungle wake each other up?
(a) So that they can put away their homes for the day.
(b) So that no one will miss the train.
(c) So that the police do not arrest them.
(d) So that they do not miss breakfast.
3. What does this chapter end with?
(a) Click of padlock.
(b) Bud's screams.
(c) Jerry's arrival.
(d) Mr. Amos whipping Bud.
4. Which of the following is not true about Bud's suitcase?
(a) It can be rearranged and changed regularly.
(b) It is his only means of staying connected to his family.
(c) It is filled with things he and his mother shared.
(d) It holds symbols of things Bud can control.
5. Which of the following was one of the ways Bud and Bugs would tease Billy?
(a) Telling him that he lost his favorite nickel.
(b) Telling him that his mother had forgotten him.
(c) Telling him that they were going to beat him up.
(d) Telling him that he did not know who his parents were.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bud hope to do after he escapes from the angry hornets?
2. What does the new librarian give to Bud other than the library book?
3. How does Bud handle his emotion as he is leaving the orphanage?
4. What does Todd call Bud as his final jab in his scheme to constantly get Bud in trouble?
5. What time period does this story take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bud find out that Lefty knows which might cause him some difficulties with his story?
2. How does Bud know that his trick on Todd was the right thing to do and how does Bud leave?
3. What happens when the cops show up near where the group is trying to get aboard the train?
4. How does the reader feel after Bud is attacked by the hornets?
5. Why is Bud always suspicious of adults and what do they say to make him suspicious?
6. Why does Bud think six is an important age for children?
7. What does the new librarian remember about Bud and Ms. Hill's relationship?
8. What is one of Bud's mother's sayings that Bud remembers and how does it make Bud feel?
9. What does Bud dream about and what does this dream cause him to worry about?
10. How does Todd's mother react to the situation between Bud and Todd and why does Bud think she reacts that way?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)