|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a cardboard jungle another name for?
(a) A gathering of homeless people.
(b) A jungle gym.
(c) A shelter.
(d) An orphanage.
2. What do Bud's rules provide for him?
(a) A tracking system of torture.
(b) A bit of humor.
(c) A way to log his life.
(d) A way to get back at Todd.
3. What cause scrapes on Bud as he tries to get out of the barn?
(c) Fish heads.
4. Why is Bud almost too late to catch his train?
(a) He takes time to double check all of his things.
(b) He stops to eat breakfast with the family at the shelter.
(c) He is detained saying good bye to the librarian.
(d) He gets caught up talking to a girl.
5. Which of the following is not true about Bud's suitcase?
(a) It holds symbols of things Bud can control.
(b) It can be rearranged and changed regularly.
(c) It is his only means of staying connected to his family.
(d) It is filled with things he and his mother shared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words describes what Bud must do to get breakfast?
2. Why is Bud suddenly less scared about taking off on his journey to Chicago now that he has reconnected with Bugs?
3. What does Bud reflect on in relation to conversations with his mother?
4. Which of the following was one of the ways Bud and Bugs would tease Billy?
5. What does Bud sense in the family members with whom he is sharing breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bud saddened about at the beginning of Chapter 9 and where is he when this occurs?
2. How does Bud know that his trick on Todd was the right thing to do and how does Bud leave?
3. What does Bud dream about and what does this dream cause him to worry about?
4. What is one of Bud's mother's sayings that Bud remembers and how does it make Bud feel?
5. What happens to Bud's mother after she becomes angered over one of the blue flyers he carries as a prized possession?
6. What happens when the cops show up near where the group is trying to get aboard the train?
7. Why does Bud's mother insist he be called Bud and not Buddy?
8. What is Bud bothered about in relation to the family that helped him that makes him have trouble being thankful?
9. What does Bud want to do for the family who helped him to get breakfast and how do they respond?
10. What realization does Bud come to after he sees the metal bars on the library?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)