|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a cardboard jungle another name for?
(a) A jungle gym.
(b) A gathering of homeless people.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) A shelter.
2. What does the reader realize that Bud really liked about Ms. Hill?
(a) The way she read stories to him.
(b) The mothering she gave Bud.
(c) The fact that she knew the type of books he liked.
(d) The way she smelled.
3. Which of the following is a nickname that Bud's mother did not want him to use?
4. What does the new librarian give to Bud other than the library book?
(a) A nickel.
(b) A picture.
(c) Her lunch.
(d) A tablet.
5. Which of the following best describes Bud in the Amos household?
(a) Odd man out.
(b) Trustful member.
(d) Slave labor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last straw for Bud which helped him decide that he had to leave the Amos household?
2. What is the first evidence of Todd's dishonesty?
3. Why did the new librarian think that Bud particularly liked Civil War books?
4. What does this chapter end with?
5. What do Bud's rules provide for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bud envision is the solution to his problem with the Amoses and how does he react?
2. How does Bud realize that the Amoses must have rummaged through his suitcase?
3. How could the favor that Bud's new adoptive family provided be described?
4. Why is Bud initially happy to learn about Todd and what causes Bud's happiness about Todd to dissipate quickly?
5. Why does Bud think six is an important age for children?
6. What does Bud call the book page dust and what does it help him to do?
7. What is one of Bud's mother's sayings that Bud remembers and how does it make Bud feel?
8. How does Bud know that his trick on Todd was the right thing to do and how does Bud leave?
9. What did Bud and Bugs plan to do and how did they agree to be there for each other?
10. Why does Bud have a difficult time getting along with Todd?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)