|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would have happened to Bud had the family not helped him?
(a) He would have had to eat alone.
(b) He would have been hungry for at least another mealtime.
(c) He would have had to move onto another city.
(d) He would have been banished from the shelter.
2. What does Bud wonder about while he is at the library?
(a) Where he will find lunch.
(b) Where he will go next.
(c) Where he will sleep that night.
(d) Where the other librarian is.
3. What does Bud do to the hornet's nest?
(a) Spills water on it.
(b) Avoids it.
(c) Smacks it.
(d) Knocks it down.
4. Which of the following best describes how Bud feels about going to his new home?
(a) He is worried but relieved.
(b) He is happy but reluctant.
(c) He is relieved and elated.
(d) He is sad but resigned.
5. What does the family who helps Bud help him to do?
(a) Find a place to sleep.
(b) Find his father.
(c) Make friends with the shelter workers.
(d) Get food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bud use the memory of his mother's saying?
2. Which of the following is a nickname that Bud's mother did not want him to use?
3. What are both Bud and Jerry concerned about in regard to their new home?
4. Which of the following is the information Bud knows about his new home?
5. What is the first evidence of Todd's dishonesty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bud envision is the solution to his problem with the Amoses and how does he react?
2. Why does it bother Bud that the Amoses have rummaged through his suitcase?
3. How does Bud realize that the Amoses must have rummaged through his suitcase?
4. After being stung, what does Bud insist on doing and why?
5. How could the favor that Bud's new adoptive family provided be described?
6. What information does the new librarian share with Bud and how does she treat Bud?
7. What does Bud want to do for the family who helped him to get breakfast and how do they respond?
8. Why does Bud think six is an important age for children?
9. Write about Bud's list and describe the general information about it and what it provides for Bud.
10. How does the reader feel after Bud is attacked by the hornets?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)