|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of promise did Bud make with Bugs?
2. What time period does this story take place?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) Roaring 20s.
3. How does Bud learn that he will not be able to see his favorite librarian?
(a) He sees her and she tells him that she is leaving.
(b) He reads about it in the paper.
(c) Another kind librarian tells him.
(d) He overhears two patrons talking about it.
4. What is Bud's first mistake during his newfound independence?
(a) He cannot find a place to sleep.
(b) He misses the bus.
(c) He angers another family by mistakenly taking their spot.
(d) He wakes up too late for breakfast.
5. Why is it surprising that Bud is able to show such confidence about himself?
(a) He has been in horrible life situations.
(b) His father abandoned him.
(c) He has no adult helping him.
(d) He is an orphan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Bud's suitcase when he got out of the barn and escaped from the hornets?
2. How many pictures of his mother does Bud have?
3. What hang on the barn's door?
4. Where is Bud's suitcase hidden?
5. What does Bud see around the corner as he heads with the other residents toward the train?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bud feel about being stuck in the barn?
2. What realization does Bud come to in regard to Todd and the way he treats Bud?
3. What do the hornets and the edgy teeth seem to be symbolic of?
4. Why does Bud's mother insist he be called Bud and not Buddy?
5. What did Bud and Bugs plan to do and how did they agree to be there for each other?
6. How does the reader feel after Bud is attacked by the hornets?
7. How does Bud know that his trick on Todd was the right thing to do and how does Bud leave?
8. What does Bud take with him and how does he feel as he leaves?
9. Why is Bud initially happy to learn about Todd and what causes Bud's happiness about Todd to dissipate quickly?
10. What is Bud bothered about in relation to the family that helped him that makes him have trouble being thankful?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)