|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state did Bud live with his mother when she died?
2. Which of the following can be said to be true about the influence Bud's mother had on him?
(a) She gave him a nice nickname.
(b) She gave him the belief that he is nothing.
(c) She gave him an inner confidence.
(d) She is the reason Bud cannot find happiness.
3. How much older than Bud is Todd?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of Billy?
(c) Love interest.
5. How old are both Bud and Jerry at this point in the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bud believe Todd was mean and manipulative to him?
2. What does Bud have for breakfast?
3. Which of the following terms describes the character of Todd?
4. What does Bud imagine using to get even with the Amoses?
5. What kind of promise did Bud make with Bugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Billy pretend and tease the other boys at the orphanage about?
2. What does Bud take with him and how does he feel as he leaves?
3. What is Bud bothered about in relation to the family that helped him that makes him have trouble being thankful?
4. Why does Bud's mother insist he be called Bud and not Buddy?
5. What happens as the two boys try to get on the train and what does Bugs do about it?
6. In what way does Bud get a quick taste of what it is like to be a part of a family?
7. What did Billy used to argue about at the home and why did he say he wouldn't be there much longer?
8. What realization does Bud come to after he sees the metal bars on the library?
9. How does Bud feel about being stuck in the barn?
10. What does Bud call the book page dust and what does it help him to do?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)