|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are both Bud and Jerry concerned about in regard to their new home?
(a) That it may be permanent.
(b) That it may be temporary.
(c) That it may be abusive.
(d) That it may be dirty.
2. What cause scrapes on Bud as he tries to get out of the barn?
(d) Fish heads.
3. Which of the following is an accurate description of how Bud feels at the thought of being on his own?
4. What does Bud end up doing instead of his initial trick?
(a) Pouring water on Todd in his bed.
(b) Placing Todd's hand in warm water.
(c) Screaming goodbye to Todd.
(d) Urinating on Todd in his bed.
5. Why is it surprising that Bud is able to show such confidence about himself?
(a) He is an orphan.
(b) He has no adult helping him.
(c) He has been in horrible life situations.
(d) His father abandoned him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Bud in the Amos household?
2. Which of the following describes how Bud feels about the presence of the police?
3. What does the mother in the family share with Bud?
4. What is Bud's mother doing in the picture he has of her in his suitcase?
5. Where does Bud head when he sets out after leaving the Amos house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bud dream about and what does this dream cause him to worry about?
2. What realization does Bud come to after he sees the metal bars on the library?
3. Why does Bud have a difficult time getting along with Todd?
4. Write about Bud's list and describe the general information about it and what it provides for Bud.
5. What does Bud envision is the solution to his problem with the Amoses and how does he react?
6. What does the new librarian remember about Bud and Ms. Hill's relationship?
7. In what way are the library and the shelter similar and what do they provide for Bud?
8. In what way does Bud get a quick taste of what it is like to be a part of a family?
9. What did Billy used to argue about at the home and why did he say he wouldn't be there much longer?
10. How could the favor that Bud's new adoptive family provided be described?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)