|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bud refers to Bugs as his brother in what?
2. What was the last straw for Bud which helped him decide that he had to leave the Amos household?
(a) The Amos family going through his suitcase.
(b) Being locked in the barn.
(c) Todd's constant physical abuse.
(d) The sight of the gun lying in an open area.
3. What does Bud wonder about while he is at the library?
(a) Where the other librarian is.
(b) Where he will find lunch.
(c) Where he will go next.
(d) Where he will sleep that night.
4. Why is Bud almost too late to catch his train?
(a) He is detained saying good bye to the librarian.
(b) He stops to eat breakfast with the family at the shelter.
(c) He takes time to double check all of his things.
(d) He gets caught up talking to a girl.
5. What is a cardboard jungle another name for?
(a) A gathering of homeless people.
(b) A shelter.
(c) An orphanage.
(d) A jungle gym.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bud end up doing instead of his initial trick?
2. What is important to Bud about the contents of his suitcase that was disturbed by the Amos family?
3. Why does Bud move the shotgun?
4. What does Bud dream about often and then worry about really happening?
5. What name did the family who helped Bud call him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bud envision is the solution to his problem with the Amoses and how does he react?
2. What did Bud and Bugs plan to do and how did they agree to be there for each other?
3. Why is Bud initially happy to learn about Todd and what causes Bud's happiness about Todd to dissipate quickly?
4. What does Bud want to do for the family who helped him to get breakfast and how do they respond?
5. In what way are the library and the shelter similar and what do they provide for Bud?
6. What does Bud take with him and how does he feel as he leaves?
7. How does Bud feel about being stuck in the barn?
8. What information does the new librarian share with Bud and how does she treat Bud?
9. What realization does Bud come to in regard to Todd and the way he treats Bud?
10. Why does Bud have a difficult time getting along with Todd?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)