|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following pictures does this novel provide insight into at the beginning?
(a) How it feels to lose your mother and be abandonded by your father.
(b) How it feels to grow up in a difficult setting.
(c) How it feels to be in an orphange and be picked to leave.
(d) How it feels to lose your best friend due to moving.
2. What does Bud do to the hornet's nest?
(a) Spills water on it.
(b) Knocks it down.
(c) Avoids it.
(d) Smacks it.
3. Which of the following describes how Bud feels about Jerry's new home?
(a) He is going to be unhappy there.
(b) He got the short end of the stick.
(c) He is luckier than Bud.
(d) He is in for a lot of trouble.
4. Which of the following best describes Bud in the Amos household?
(a) Trustful member.
(b) Slave labor.
(c) Odd man out.
5. Why is Bud allowed to stay in the food line when he shows up late?
(a) He snuck into the line.
(b) He begged the workers explaining how hungry he was.
(c) He was under the age of fifteen which allows him to eat at any time.
(d) A family pretended he was their son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a nickname that Bud's mother did not want him to use?
2. Which of the following terms best describes the new librarian to whom Bud begins to talk?
3. What coin did Billy often pretend could speak?
4. What does Bud have for breakfast?
5. How much older than Bud is Todd?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Bud get a quick taste of what it is like to be a part of a family?
2. What do the hornets and the edgy teeth seem to be symbolic of?
3. What does Bud want to do for the family who helped him to get breakfast and how do they respond?
4. Write about Bud's list and describe the general information about it and what it provides for Bud.
5. What does Bud dream about and what does this dream cause him to worry about?
6. How could the favor that Bud's new adoptive family provided be described?
7. Why does Bud's mother insist he be called Bud and not Buddy?
8. What does the new librarian remember about Bud and Ms. Hill's relationship?
9. What information does the new librarian share with Bud and how does she treat Bud?
10. What does Bud take with him and how does he feel as he leaves?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)