|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bud wonder about while he is at the library?
(a) Where he will sleep that night.
(b) Where he will go next.
(c) Where he will find lunch.
(d) Where the other librarian is.
2. What are both Bud and Jerry concerned about in regard to their new home?
(a) That it may be dirty.
(b) That it may be abusive.
(c) That it may be temporary.
(d) That it may be permanent.
3. Why is it surprising that Bud is able to show such confidence about himself?
(a) He has been in horrible life situations.
(b) He is an orphan.
(c) His father abandoned him.
(d) He has no adult helping him.
4. What is Bud's first mistake during his newfound independence?
(a) He misses the bus.
(b) He wakes up too late for breakfast.
(c) He cannot find a place to sleep.
(d) He angers another family by mistakenly taking their spot.
5. Which of the following words describes what Bud must do to get breakfast?
(a) Pretend he does not understand.
(b) Ignore shelter workers demands.
(c) Play along with this family.
(d) Throw a fit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way did Bud consider the relationship between himself and Ms. Hill?
2. Why did the new librarian think that Bud particularly liked Civil War books?
3. What does the reader realize that Bud really liked about Ms. Hill?
4. What does Bud refuse to allow Mr. Amos or the other family members to notice?
5. Who is Bud trying to find as he sets out after leaving the Amos house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Calloway say to Bud under his breath?
2. What does Bud tell Mr. Calloway and Miss Thomas about his mother's death and how do they respond?
3. What happens when the cops show up near where the group is trying to get aboard the train?
4. What does Bud call the book page dust and what does it help him to do?
5. How does feel about accepting the ride from the stranger and what does he do that will help him to feel more confident?
6. What is Bud saddened about at the beginning of Chapter 9 and where is he when this occurs?
7. What realization does Bud come to in regard to Todd and the way he treats Bud?
8. Why does it bother Bud that the Amoses have rummaged through his suitcase?
9. What does the stranger do to soften up Bud and make him realize he wants him to help him?
10. What would Billy pretend and tease the other boys at the orphanage about?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)