|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is knowing that Ms. Hill is not there is symbolic of what for Bud?
(a) The worries of the unknown.
(b) Everyone he likes abandoning him.
(c) Constant change.
(d) Life's problems and issues.
2. Which of the following is an accurate description of how Bud feels at the thought of being on his own?
3. What does the new librarian give to Bud other than the library book?
(a) Her lunch.
(b) A tablet.
(c) A picture.
(d) A nickel.
4. What do Bud's rules provide for him?
(a) A bit of humor.
(b) A way to log his life.
(c) A tracking system of torture.
(d) A way to get back at Todd.
5. Which of the following types of issues are present for Bud in the Amos household?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bud suddenly less scared about taking off on his journey to Chicago now that he has reconnected with Bugs?
2. What is a cardboard jungle another name for?
3. Why is it surprising that Bud is able to show such confidence about himself?
4. What does Bud see that upsets him as he approaches the library?
5. Which of the following was one of the ways Bud and Bugs would tease Billy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization does Bud come to after he sees the metal bars on the library?
2. What is Bud saddened about at the beginning of Chapter 9 and where is he when this occurs?
3. When Bud goes out after waking up what happens and what does this make him sense?
4. Who is Deza Malone and why is this character important to Bud?
5. What can the reader learn about Bud and his feelings about the band and how can the reader tell this information?
6. How does Bud realize that the Amoses must have rummaged through his suitcase?
7. What is one of Bud's mother's sayings that Bud remembers and how does it make Bud feel?
8. Where does Bud's distrust of adults come from and is it warranted?
9. In what way are the library and the shelter similar and what do they provide for Bud?
10. What do the hornets and the edgy teeth seem to be symbolic of?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)