Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is one of Bud's greatest fears?
(a) Having to live with strangers.
(b) Having a haircut.
(c) Going into puberty.
(d) His teeth falling out.
2. Who is Bud trying to find as he sets out after leaving the Amos house?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother's grave.
(c) A new foster family.
(d) His best friend, Jerry.
3. Why does Bud move the shotgun?
(a) So that he doesn't bump it as he is leaving.
(b) So they do not use it on him as he escapes.
(c) So that he doesn't use it to shoot them.
(d) So they do not shoot themselves accidently.
4. To which character does Bud flash back to during this chapter?
(a) Billy Burns.
(b) Ms. Hill.
(c) Deza Malone.
(d) Todd Amos.
5. What does Bud hope to do after he escapes from the angry hornets?
(a) Move back into the house.
(b) Return to the orphanage.
(c) Hide from the Amos family.
(d) Go out on his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what topic is the book that the new librarian gives Bud?
2. Which of the following does Todd say to scare Bud as Mr. Amos prepares to take Bud toward his punishment?
3. What is Bud given to take with him?
4. What cause scrapes on Bud as he tries to get out of the barn?
5. In what way did Bud consider the relationship between himself and Ms. Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does it bother Bud that the Amoses have rummaged through his suitcase?
2. Where does Bud's distrust of adults come from and is it warranted?
3. How does Bud begin to feel about the group?
4. Why does Bud's mother insist he be called Bud and not Buddy?
5. What does Bud do as his fears of vampires take over at the stranger's car?
6. After being stung, what does Bud insist on doing and why?
7. Why does Bud have a difficult time getting along with Todd?
8. What realization does Bud come to in regard to Todd and the way he treats Bud?
9. Why does Bud think six is an important age for children?
10. What does Miss Thomas share about Mr. Calloway's dreams about his dreams for Angela?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)