|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Todd say to scare Bud as Mr. Amos prepares to take Bud toward his punishment?
(a) No water and no food.
(b) Puddles of blood and freakish insects.
(c) Piles of dog waste and worms.
(d) Flesh eating bigs and ghosts.
2. What coin did Billy often pretend could speak?
3. What happened to his favorite librarian?
(a) She was fired.
(b) She died.
(c) She quit the library.
(d) She got married and moved.
4. What is a cardboard jungle another name for?
(a) A shelter.
(b) A gathering of homeless people.
(c) A jungle gym.
(d) An orphanage.
5. Which of the following is an accurate description of Billy?
(c) Love interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Todd do to Bud with a pencil?
2. What does Bud imagine using to get even with the Amoses?
3. Which of the following was one of the ways Bud and Bugs would tease Billy?
4. What does the mother in the family share with Bud?
5. What does Bud hope to do after he escapes from the angry hornets?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bud's mother insist he be called Bud and not Buddy?
2. How does Bud know that his trick on Todd was the right thing to do and how does Bud leave?
3. What does Bud take with him and how does he feel as he leaves?
4. Why does Bud think six is an important age for children?
5. What does Bud envision is the solution to his problem with the Amoses and how does he react?
6. In what way does Bud get a quick taste of what it is like to be a part of a family?
7. Who is Deza Malone and why is this character important to Bud?
8. Why does it bother Bud that the Amoses have rummaged through his suitcase?
9. What did Bud and Bugs plan to do and how did they agree to be there for each other?
10. What is one of Bud's mother's sayings that Bud remembers and how does it make Bud feel?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)