|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is page powder?
(a) Corn starch.
(b) Book page dust.
(c) Powder kept in the library.
(d) Baby powder.
2. What does Bud indicate is his most prized possession?
(a) His teeth.
(b) His suitcase.
(c) His father's address.
(d) His blanket.
3. What would Billy often brag about to the other kids at the orphanage?
(a) He knew who his mother and father were.
(b) He could beat any of them up.
(c) He was the leader of all of the boys at the orphanage.
(d) He knew how to get away from the orphanage.
4. What does Bud refuse to allow Mr. Amos or the other family members to notice?
(a) His fear and anger.
(b) His disgust and terror.
(c) His desperate need to belong.
(d) His relief at being away from them.
5. What is important to Bud about the contents of his suitcase that was disturbed by the Amos family?
(a) The items cannot touch each other.
(b) The items cannot be seen by anyone other than himself.
(c) The items need to stay organized the way he has them.
(d) The items cannot be touched by others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words describes what Bud must do to get breakfast?
2. What does Bud sense in the family members with whom he is sharing breakfast?
3. What happens when Bud smacks the hornet's nest?
4. Which of the following is a nickname that Bud's mother did not want him to use?
5. Why is Jerry worried about going to his new home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could the favor that Bud's new adoptive family provided be described?
2. After being stung, what does Bud insist on doing and why?
3. How does the reader feel after Bud is attacked by the hornets?
4. Why is Jerry worried about his new home and what does Bud do to help?
5. In what way are the library and the shelter similar and what do they provide for Bud?
6. Write about Bud's list and describe the general information about it and what it provides for Bud.
7. Who is Deza Malone and why is this character important to Bud?
8. Why does Bud's mother insist he be called Bud and not Buddy?
9. What is Bud bothered about in relation to the family that helped him that makes him have trouble being thankful?
10. Why is Bud initially happy to learn about Todd and what causes Bud's happiness about Todd to dissipate quickly?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)