|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms describes the character of Todd?
2. What does Bud dream about often and then worry about really happening?
(a) Moving into another orphanage.
(b) Losing a tooth.
(c) Returning to the same orphanage.
(d) Losing his best friend.
3. What is the first evidence of Todd's dishonesty?
(a) He fakes an asthma attack when caught fighting Bud.
(b) He turns in a list of Bud's bad behavior to his parents.
(c) He punches Bud and then denies it.
(d) He steals money from his parents and blames Bud.
4. In what way did Bud consider the relationship between himself and Ms. Hill?
(a) He thought of them as friends.
(b) He thought of her as a mentor.
(c) He thought of her as a surrogate mother.
(d) He thought of them as acquaintances.
5. What does the family who helps Bud help him to do?
(a) Get food.
(b) Find his father.
(c) Find a place to sleep.
(d) Make friends with the shelter workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last straw for Bud which helped him decide that he had to leave the Amos household?
2. What does Bud end up doing instead of his initial trick?
3. Where is Bud's suitcase hidden?
4. What would Billy often brag about to the other kids at the orphanage?
5. Which of the following was one of the ways Bud and Bugs would tease Billy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Billy pretend and tease the other boys at the orphanage about?
2. What is Bud saddened about at the beginning of Chapter 9 and where is he when this occurs?
3. What is one of Bud's mother's sayings that Bud remembers and how does it make Bud feel?
4. Why does Bud's mother insist he be called Bud and not Buddy?
5. What did Billy used to argue about at the home and why did he say he wouldn't be there much longer?
6. What happens as the two boys try to get on the train and what does Bugs do about it?
7. What information does the new librarian share with Bud and how does she treat Bud?
8. Why is Bud initially happy to learn about Todd and what causes Bud's happiness about Todd to dissipate quickly?
9. How does Bud know that his trick on Todd was the right thing to do and how does Bud leave?
10. How does the reader feel after Bud is attacked by the hornets?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)