|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trick does Bud want to play on Todd before he leaves?
(a) Place his hand in warm water while he sleeps.
(b) Put hornets in his bed with him while he sleeps.
(c) Put shaving cream in his hand while he sleeps.
(d) Short sheet his bed while he sleeps.
2. What is the first evidence of Todd's dishonesty?
(a) He turns in a list of Bud's bad behavior to his parents.
(b) He steals money from his parents and blames Bud.
(c) He fakes an asthma attack when caught fighting Bud.
(d) He punches Bud and then denies it.
3. Where does Bud have breakfast at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) He has to skip breakfast.
(b) Near the train.
(c) At the cardboard jungle.
(d) At the shelter.
4. What is Bud's first mistake during his newfound independence?
(a) He wakes up too late for breakfast.
(b) He cannot find a place to sleep.
(c) He angers another family by mistakenly taking their spot.
(d) He misses the bus.
5. Which of the following terms best describes the new librarian to whom Bud begins to talk?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are both Bud and Jerry at this point in the novel?
2. Why does Bud want Todd to be a bed wetter?
3. What does Bud hope to be able to do at the library to make his home away from home seem complete?
4. Which of the following is an accurate description of how Bud feels at the thought of being on his own?
5. What does Bud indicate is his most prized possession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bud have a difficult time getting along with Todd?
2. What did Bud and Bugs plan to do and how did they agree to be there for each other?
3. What does Bud want to do for the family who helped him to get breakfast and how do they respond?
4. What does Bud call the book page dust and what does it help him to do?
5. How does Bud realize that the Amoses must have rummaged through his suitcase?
6. In what way does Bud get a quick taste of what it is like to be a part of a family?
7. What does Bud dream about and what does this dream cause him to worry about?
8. What is Bud bothered about in relation to the family that helped him that makes him have trouble being thankful?
9. Why does Bud think six is an important age for children?
10. Write about Bud's list and describe the general information about it and what it provides for Bud.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)