|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother in the family share with Bud?
(b) Brown sugar.
2. What would have happened to Bud had the family not helped him?
(a) He would have had to move onto another city.
(b) He would have been hungry for at least another mealtime.
(c) He would have been banished from the shelter.
(d) He would have had to eat alone.
3. What does Bud's mother believe that an unbloomed flower holds?
(c) Life secrets.
4. What is a cardboard jungle another name for?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A jungle gym.
(c) A gathering of homeless people.
(d) A shelter.
5. What does Bud see that upsets him as he approaches the library?
(a) The librarian he dislikes most.
(b) Metal bars on the windows.
(c) A vacant building.
(d) A closed sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bud handle his emotion as he is leaving the orphanage?
2. What story does Bud recount for Bugs that Bugs had already heard about?
3. Which of the following best describes how Bud feels about going to his new home?
4. Which of the following is the information Bud knows about his new home?
5. What happens during Bud's first trick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bud envision is the solution to his problem with the Amoses and how does he react?
2. Why is Bud initially happy to learn about Todd and what causes Bud's happiness about Todd to dissipate quickly?
3. How does Bud realize that the Amoses must have rummaged through his suitcase?
4. How does Bud feel about being stuck in the barn?
5. What realization does Bud come to in regard to Todd and the way he treats Bud?
6. Why does it bother Bud that the Amoses have rummaged through his suitcase?
7. What happens as the two boys try to get on the train and what does Bugs do about it?
8. How does the reader feel after Bud is attacked by the hornets?
9. What do the hornets and the edgy teeth seem to be symbolic of?
10. What would Billy pretend and tease the other boys at the orphanage about?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)