|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the information Bud knows about his new home?
(a) It is a home where his friend Jerry will also be going.
(b) It is a home with no kids.
(c) It is a home with girls.
(d) It is a home with boys.
2. What does Bud see around the corner as he heads with the other residents toward the train?
(c) The police.
(d) The librarian.
3. What is Bud's mother doing in the picture he has of her in his suitcase?
4. Which of the following characters makes it onto the train to Chicago?
(d) Ms. Hill.
5. What does the mother in the family share with Bud?
(c) Brown sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ms. Hill move?
2. How old are both Bud and Jerry at this point in the novel?
3. Which of the following best describes how Bud is feeling at this point in the novel?
4. Which of the following is a saying that Bud remembers his mother always using?
5. What does Bud wonder about while he is at the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bud feel about being stuck in the barn?
2. Why does Bud think six is an important age for children?
3. In what way does Bud get a quick taste of what it is like to be a part of a family?
4. What did Bud and Bugs plan to do and how did they agree to be there for each other?
5. How does Bud realize that the Amoses must have rummaged through his suitcase?
6. What did Billy used to argue about at the home and why did he say he wouldn't be there much longer?
7. Why is Bud initially happy to learn about Todd and what causes Bud's happiness about Todd to dissipate quickly?
8. In what way are the library and the shelter similar and what do they provide for Bud?
9. What realization does Bud come to after he sees the metal bars on the library?
10. Who is Deza Malone and why is this character important to Bud?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)