|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bud allowed to stay in the food line when he shows up late?
(a) He begged the workers explaining how hungry he was.
(b) He snuck into the line.
(c) A family pretended he was their son.
(d) He was under the age of fifteen which allows him to eat at any time.
2. What does Bud wonder about in regards to his suitcase?
(a) Whether or not he can get it again.
(b) Whether or not the Amos family has opened it.
(c) Whether or not Todd found it.
(d) Whether or not it is safe.
3. What does Bugs do with Bud's suitcase?
(a) Opens it and goes through it.
(b) Takes care of it for Bud.
(c) Hides it from the other passengers.
(d) Throws it off the train.
4. What cause scrapes on Bud as he tries to get out of the barn?
(a) Fish heads.
5. Which of the following best describes how Bud feels about going to his new home?
(a) He is sad but resigned.
(b) He is happy but reluctant.
(c) He is relieved and elated.
(d) He is worried but relieved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is important to Bud about the contents of his suitcase that was disturbed by the Amos family?
2. Which of the following terms best describes the new librarian to whom Bud begins to talk?
3. Where is Bud's suitcase hidden?
4. Which of the following is a nickname that Bud's mother did not want him to use?
5. What hang on the barn's door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bud saddened about at the beginning of Chapter 9 and where is he when this occurs?
2. In what way are the library and the shelter similar and what do they provide for Bud?
3. What do the hornets and the edgy teeth seem to be symbolic of?
4. What happens as the two boys try to get on the train and what does Bugs do about it?
5. How does Bud realize that the Amoses must have rummaged through his suitcase?
6. After being stung, what does Bud insist on doing and why?
7. Why does Bud think six is an important age for children?
8. How does Bud know that his trick on Todd was the right thing to do and how does Bud leave?
9. What happens to Bud's mother after she becomes angered over one of the blue flyers he carries as a prized possession?
10. How does the reader feel after Bud is attacked by the hornets?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)