|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes how Bud feels about Jerry's new home?
(a) He is going to be unhappy there.
(b) He is in for a lot of trouble.
(c) He is luckier than Bud.
(d) He got the short end of the stick.
2. Which of the following was one of the ways Bud and Bugs would tease Billy?
(a) Telling him that his mother had forgotten him.
(b) Telling him that they were going to beat him up.
(c) Telling him that he did not know who his parents were.
(d) Telling him that he lost his favorite nickel.
3. What does the new librarian give to Bud other than the library book?
(a) A nickel.
(b) A tablet.
(c) A picture.
(d) Her lunch.
4. What does Bud's mother believe that an unbloomed flower holds?
(a) Life secrets.
5. What is a cardboard jungle another name for?
(a) An orphanage.
(b) A shelter.
(c) A gathering of homeless people.
(d) A jungle gym.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time period does this story take place?
2. Which of the following describes how Bud feels about the presence of the police?
3. What does Bud have for breakfast?
4. What happened to his favorite librarian?
5. What coin did Billy often pretend could speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the reader feel after Bud is attacked by the hornets?
2. What does Bud take with him and how does he feel as he leaves?
3. What happens to Bud's mother after she becomes angered over one of the blue flyers he carries as a prized possession?
4. Write about Bud's list and describe the general information about it and what it provides for Bud.
5. How does Bud know that his trick on Todd was the right thing to do and how does Bud leave?
6. Why does Bud have a difficult time getting along with Todd?
7. Who is Deza Malone and why is this character important to Bud?
8. What did Bud and Bugs plan to do and how did they agree to be there for each other?
9. What is one of Bud's mother's sayings that Bud remembers and how does it make Bud feel?
10. What does Bud envision is the solution to his problem with the Amoses and how does he react?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)