|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which instrument is Bud given tips on how to play by one of the band members?
2. What does the man who stops for Bud tell him he needs?
(a) Help with a problem.
(b) Company on a long walk.
(c) Someone who can read to him.
(d) Food and water.
3. Which of the following characters is Bud's dad?
(a) Lefty Lewis.
(b) Mr. Calloway.
(c) Peanut Head.
4. How does Mr. Lewis' daughter react to the on-going banter between the two of them?
(a) She walks away.
(b) She laughs at her father.
(c) She becomes irritated.
(d) She yells at her father.
5. What do Kim and Scott start doing immediately when Bud wakes up and they are introduced?
(a) Talking to him about Lefty.
(b) Watching him without talking.
(c) Showing him around.
(d) Asking him questions.
6. What does Lefty mock about Bud?
(a) His suitcase.
(b) His accent.
(c) His sleeping.
(d) His clothes.
7. What did Lefty send to Bud's dad?
8. What responsibility does Bud take with the band?
(a) Mopping the floors.
(b) Cleaning the instruments.
(c) Taking tickets for their concerts.
(d) Carrying the instruments.
9. What does Bud realize has been going on when he enters the room?
(a) They have been talking about him.
(b) They have cooked breakfast.
(c) They are going through his suitcase.
(d) The band members are not home.
10. How does Bud decide is the best way to deal with the situation with the stranger he is riding with?
(a) Tell a lie to all of the questions.
(b) Ask as many questions as he can think of.
(c) Pretend he is sleeping.
(d) Provide as little information as possible.
11. Where do Bud and Lefty meet up with Mr. Calloway?
12. How do Miss Thomas and the band feel about Bud's cleaning?
(a) It keeps him busy.
(b) They have to redo it too make it satisfactory.
(c) They believe he can do better.
(d) They are thankful.
13. What does Mr. Calloway pick up and put in his pocket?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rock.
(c) A button.
(d) A quarter.
14. What makes it difficult for Bud to talk with Mr. Calloway?
(a) The other band members interrupting.
(b) Calloway's ill temperament.
(c) Calloway's rocks.
(d) Bud's nerves.
15. How does Bud feel about accepting a ride from the stranger?
(a) He thinks it is what his mother would have wanted.
(b) He believes it is a big risk.
(c) He believes it will help him greatly.
(d) He thinks it is very safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Kim and Scott introduced to Bud when he wakes up?
2. What time of day is Bud out walking when the man stops and whistles for him?
3. How is it revealed that Bud and Mr. Calloway are related?
4. What does Bud do in order to escape the supposed vampire?
5. What does Bud tell the man about where he is from?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)