|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bud realize has been going on when he enters the room?
(a) They are going through his suitcase.
(b) They have cooked breakfast.
(c) The band members are not home.
(d) They have been talking about him.
2. Where was Bud's hopeful destination in this chapter?
(d) Grand Rapids.
3. What does Bud notice is on the rocks he sees in the glove compartment?
4. What does Mr. Calloway pick up and put in his pocket?
(a) A knife.
(b) A button.
(c) A rock.
(d) A quarter.
5. What does the band do about Bud's comment that his father is the grumpiest guy in the group?
(a) Correct him.
(b) Argue about it.
(c) Let it lie.
(d) Discuss it amongs themselves.
6. Which of the following band members asks Bud about the importance of his suitcase?
(b) Miss Thomas.
(c) Mr. Calloway.
7. Where do Bud and Lefty meet up with Mr. Calloway?
8. How does the man who Bud accepts a ride with introduce himself?
(a) Peanut Head.
(b) Scott Lewis.
(c) Lefty Lewis.
(d) Mr. Calloway.
9. What does NBC stand for?
(a) Nobody But Calloway.
(b) Nothing Bears Calloway.
(c) No one Likes Classical.
(d) Nothing But Classical.
10. What simple thing that most people take for granted surprised and made Bud happy?
(a) A bed with a pillow.
(b) Two sheets.
(c) His own nightlight.
(d) Pajamas to wear.
11. Which of the following words describes how Bud feels about his first real encounter with the band and their crew?
(a) He is surprised by how they make the music.
(b) He is mystified by the music.
(c) He cannot figure out what part of the band does what.
(d) He is facinated by the roles of the crew.
12. How are Kim and Scott introduced to Bud when he wakes up?
(a) As his new family.
(b) As the grandkids.
(c) As his new best friends.
(d) As other orphans.
13. How does Mr. Lewis' daughter react to the on-going banter between the two of them?
(a) She laughs at her father.
(b) She becomes irritated.
(c) She walks away.
(d) She yells at her father.
14. How does the stranger react to the fact that Bud attempted to drive the car without him?
15. What does Bud do in order to escape the supposed vampire?
(a) Runs down the road.
(b) Puts the car in drive.
(c) Runs under the car and refuse to come out.
(d) Hides in the car and lock all of the doors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day is Bud out walking when the man stops and whistles for him?
2. What do the band members promise to do for Bud while they figure out what is going on with the story about his father?
3. How does Lefty refer to Bud?
4. What worried Bud about the first bedroom Bud had since he lived with his mother?
5. Which of the following band members does not seem to have much of a sense of humor?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)