|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lefty refer to Bud?
(a) His peanut head friend.
(b) Suitcase boy.
(c) Buddy the man.
(d) His grandkid.
2. What does the band do about Bud's comment that his father is the grumpiest guy in the group?
(a) Let it lie.
(b) Discuss it amongs themselves.
(c) Argue about it.
(d) Correct him.
3. What time of day is Bud out walking when the man stops and whistles for him?
(a) 9:00 P.M.
(b) 2:30 A.M.
(c) 12:00 P.M.
(d) 8:00 A.M.
4. What does the policeman discuss before letting them go on to Grand Rapids?
(a) Transportation of blood.
(b) Why they were traveling over the speed limit.
(c) Where Bud's father is located.
(d) Concern over labor organizer problems.
5. How are Kim and Scott introduced to Bud when he wakes up?
(a) As his new best friends.
(b) As his new family.
(c) As the grandkids.
(d) As other orphans.
6. What does Mr. Calloway pick up and put in his pocket?
(a) A knife.
(b) A button.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A rock.
7. Where do Bud and Lefty meet up with Mr. Calloway?
8. What do Kim and Scott do that makes Bud nervous?
(a) Call him names.
(b) Touch him.
(c) Avoid making eye contact.
(d) Talk incessantly.
9. Which of the following words describes how Bud feels about his first real encounter with the band and their crew?
(a) He is facinated by the roles of the crew.
(b) He cannot figure out what part of the band does what.
(c) He is mystified by the music.
(d) He is surprised by how they make the music.
10. What does NBC stand for?
(a) No one Likes Classical.
(b) Nothing But Classical.
(c) Nobody But Calloway.
(d) Nothing Bears Calloway.
11. What does Bud realize has been going on when he enters the room?
(a) The band members are not home.
(b) They are going through his suitcase.
(c) They have cooked breakfast.
(d) They have been talking about him.
12. Where did Bud hear the book that Bud imagines himself a part of?
(a) He heard it at the orphanage.
(b) His mother read it to him.
(c) Miss Thomas is reading it to him.
(d) He read it at the library.
13. How does the box on the front seat of the car make Bud feel?
(d) Not good.
14. How does Bud feel about accepting a ride from the stranger?
(a) He believes it is a big risk.
(b) He thinks it is what his mother would have wanted.
(c) He thinks it is very safe.
(d) He believes it will help him greatly.
15. How did Bud spend time entertaining himself?
(a) Trying to find cardboard to use as his home.
(b) Waiting in line for food.
(c) Looking at the books on the depression.
(d) Jumping in and out of the city of Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes it difficult for Bud to talk with Mr. Calloway?
2. What does Lefty give to Bud while the policeman is talking to them?
3. What does Bud do in order to escape the supposed vampire?
4. Which of the following best describes how the band members feel when they realize Bud believes Mr. Calloway is his father?
5. Which instrument is Bud given tips on how to play by one of the band members?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)