|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the stranger react to Bud being in the car without him?
2. Which of the following best describes how Bud feels about Miss Thomas?
3. How does Bud decide is the best way to deal with the situation with the stranger he is riding with?
(a) Tell a lie to all of the questions.
(b) Pretend he is sleeping.
(c) Ask as many questions as he can think of.
(d) Provide as little information as possible.
4. What are the guys in the cabin talking about when Bud enters the room?
(a) Miss Thomas.
(b) Labor unions.
(c) Band details.
(d) A weird telegram.
5. What does Lefty give to Bud while the policeman is talking to them?
(a) A bottle of blood.
(b) A box.
(c) A letter.
(d) A weapon.
6. What worried Bud about the first bedroom Bud had since he lived with his mother?
(a) Having strangers sleep in the same house.
(b) Listening to other people in the room.
(c) Monsters in the closet.
(d) What would happen if he wet the bed.
7. What does the front of the box in the car say?
(a) Confidential: do not open.
(b) Urgent: contains human blood.
(c) Warning: toxic information
(d) Caution: hazardous material
8. Which of the following best describes how the band members feel when they realize Bud believes Mr. Calloway is his father?
9. Which of the following band members becomes Bud's favorite because he stands up for Bud's feelings?
10. What does Mr. Calloway pick up and put in his pocket?
(a) A knife.
(b) A rock.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A button.
11. What does Bud think the man who stops and whistles at him might be?
(b) Truant officer.
(c) Orphanage director.
12. What does the band do about Bud's comment that his father is the grumpiest guy in the group?
(a) Discuss it amongs themselves.
(b) Correct him.
(c) Argue about it.
(d) Let it lie.
13. Which of the following band members comforts Bud during the emotional event that happens to Bud during this chapter?
(b) Miss Thomas.
(c) Mr. Calloway.
(d) Mr. Jimmy.
14. Who is Miss Thomas?
(a) Bud's mother's maiden name.
(b) Waitress at the restaurant.
(c) Lead guitarist of the band.
(d) Assumed girlfriend of Mr. Calloway.
15. How is it revealed that Bud and Mr. Calloway are related?
(a) Nephew and uncle.
(b) Grandson and grandfather.
(c) Son and father.
(d) They are not related at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Calloway think Bud is?
2. What does Bud fall asleep to the sound of in this chapter?
3. Which of the following band members asks Bud about the importance of his suitcase?
4. Why doesn't Lefty go in with Bud to meet Bud's father?
5. What time of day is Bud out walking when the man stops and whistles for him?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)