|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would have happened to Bud had the family not helped him?
(a) He would have been banished from the shelter.
(b) He would have had to eat alone.
(c) He would have been hungry for at least another mealtime.
(d) He would have had to move onto another city.
2. What is important to Bud about the contents of his suitcase that was disturbed by the Amos family?
(a) The items cannot be seen by anyone other than himself.
(b) The items cannot touch each other.
(c) The items cannot be touched by others.
(d) The items need to stay organized the way he has them.
3. What does Bud hope to be able to do at the library to make his home away from home seem complete?
(a) Find the book his mother used to read to him.
(b) See his favorite librarian.
(c) Find a place on a shelf to sleep.
(d) Reserve his favorite books so they are always there.
4. How does Bud handle his emotion as he is leaving the orphanage?
(a) He fights it.
(b) He yells and screams.
(c) He cheers.
(d) He cries.
5. Why can Bud find information easily in the library?
(a) Because he is perseverant at searching.
(b) Because the librarian leaves the information he wants out.
(c) Because he uses the card catalogue.
(d) Because the library is the same as it was before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bud's first mistake during his newfound independence?
2. What was the last straw for Bud which helped him decide that he had to leave the Amos household?
3. What does the family who helps Bud help him to do?
4. Which of the following does Todd say to scare Bud as Mr. Amos prepares to take Bud toward his punishment?
5. Which of the following is a saying that Bud remembers his mother always using?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)