• The story opens with a picture of how it feels to be in an orphanage and be picked to leave the orphanage.
• Bud and Jerry are friends and are both set to move into their respective homes.
• Bud is happy that he is going to a home with boys, though he is hesitant. Jerry is worried because he is going to a home with girls.
• They are both worried that this will be another temporary home.
• Both boys are six and talk about the fact that six is an important age because adults begin talking to them as adults assuming the child understands.
• Bud worries about his teeth falling out and even dreams about it. It leads him to worry that another appendage might also be falling off.
• Bud's most important possession five flyers from a band called Herman E. Calloway and the Dusky Devastators of the...
This section contains 2,345 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)