|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gloria studying in Bogota when she meets Bruce?
2. Where is Bobby's body taken?
3. For whom does Bruce want a flea collar?
4. How many health stations are established in a few years after Bruce begins working with the witch doctor?
5. What does Bruce realize the Motilones are talking about when they describe something that God would come out of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Motilone not shoot any man or animal who is about to die a natural death?
2. Describe Bobby's funeral.
3. Who is Odo and why does Bobby take care of him?
4. Why is it strange that when the Motilones go to tell the Yukos about Jesus, the Yukos understand them?
5. What happens to Atabacadora and how is he healed?
6. How does Bruce persuade the Motilones to use disinfectants?
7. What bothers Bruce about being with the Motilones?
8. What is the Motilone legend of the man who became an ant?
9. What do Bobby and Bruchko have to do when they are translating Philippians?
10. How does Bobby die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many conflicts in the book Bruchko. Explain how some of these conflicts work to help people understand Bruce's religious beliefs. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the story of the Motilone and the ants and the story of Jesus coming to earth as a man.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, Bruce wonders if Christianity can be separate from culture. Using Bruce's arguments from the book, argue whether Bruce believes that people can become Christians without abandoning their culture.
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)