|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Motilones believe that God would come out of?
2. When Bruce goes to Bogota during the rain storm, what does Bruce bring to send to a friend in the United States?
3. In Chapter 19, how much money dioes Bruce need to pay for drugs for an epidemic that they are fighting?
4. How is Atabacdora injured in Chapter 19?
5. After newspaper accounts of Bruce's work with the Motilone appear, who begins calling Bruce a fake?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bobby die?
2. How does Bruce persuade the Motilones to use disinfectants?
3. How does Bruce discover that the Motilone language is a tonal language?
4. What does Dr. Landinez suggest Bruce do about the rumors that are circulating?
5. What are two reasons that Bruce belived that the Motilones were the fastest example of development that had ever occurred in a primitive tribe?
6. How does Bruce begin teaching Motilones how to read?
7. What do Bobby and Bruchko have to do when they are translating Philippians?
8. Who is Odo and why does Bobby take care of him?
9. What happens during the ceremony when Cobaydra becomes a man?
10. How does Bruce persuade the witch doctor to use medicine for the pinkeye epidemic?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, explain how the land affects the people who live and travel in the Colombian jungles.
Essay Topic 2
In Motilone, the word for faith means to be tied into Jesus. Using examples from the book, explain what Bruce and the Motilone believe it means to be tied into Jesus.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, explain why Bruce believes in providence, or that everything that happens to him, good or bad, is direct guidance from God. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)