|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce realize the Motilones are talking about when they describe something that God would come out of?
2. What color are Bruce's eyes when he is on the trail to visit the chief of chiefs?
3. Why does Bobby go down river in Chapter 24 with two other Motilone?
4. Who staffs the health centers, farms, and schools that are established in Motilone territory?
5. What does Gloria do when she visits the Motilones?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruce do to entertain the children.
2. How does Bruce begin teaching Motilones how to read?
3. Why are two men shouting on the trail when Bruce and others near Norecayra?
4. How does Bruce get money to pay for drugs for a measles epidemic?
5. How does Bobby act when his daughter dies?
6. What is the Motilone legend of the man who became an ant?
7. Why is it strange that when the Motilones go to tell the Yukos about Jesus, the Yukos understand them?
8. What bothers Bruce about being with the Motilones?
9. What happens during the ceremony when Cobaydra becomes a man?
10. What does Dr. Landinez suggest Bruce do about the rumors that are circulating?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast the Motilone and Yuko Indians before and after they became Christians.
Essay Topic 2
There are many conflicts in the book Bruchko. Explain how some of these conflicts work to help people understand Bruce's religious beliefs. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Ocdabidayna said, "Jesus Christ died for all the tribes of the world. Bobby is almost like Him. He died for the Motilones." Explain why Ocdabidayna could compare Bobby to Jesus and how Bobby's death helped the Motilones. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)