|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby do to keep away the evil spirits?
2. What does Bruce tell Gloria to do if she wants to help the Motilones?
3. Where is Atabacdora injured in Chapter 19?
4. What does Bruce realize the Motilones are talking about when they describe something that God would come out of?
5. Why can't Bruce establish a pact with Bobby at first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are two men shouting on the trail when Bruce and others near Norecayra?
2. How do the Motilone catch fish?
3. How does Bobby die?
4. How does Bruce discover that the Motilone language is a tonal language?
5. What do Bobby and Bruchko have to do when they are translating Philippians?
6. How does Bobby act when his daughter dies?
7. How does Bruce begin teaching Motilones how to read?
8. What does Bruce do to entertain the children.
9. Why is everyone afraid when the tiger speaks?
10. What are two reasons that Bruce belived that the Motilones were the fastest example of development that had ever occurred in a primitive tribe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the lack of hospitality that Bruce received from the missionaries to the hospitality that he received from Latin American families, a Catholic priest, university students, the Indians, and others. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
It is a special thing to the Motilone to walk the trail with someone. Explain what the Motilone mean when they refer to walking the trail and what it means to walk the trail with Jesus. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
There are many conflicts in the book Bruchko. Explain how some of these conflicts work to help people understand Bruce's religious beliefs. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)