|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce want to do as a profession when he grows up before he believes God changed his mind?
2. What language does Bruce speak to a priest at the airport in South America?
3. What does Kent Lange's church look like?
4. Who are some of the settlers who have been giving the Motilone problems?
5. What did Bruce's father do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruce learn about the Motilones?
2. Why do responsible Latin families not allow a young person like Bruce to be alone?
3. How does Bruce get an opportunity to live with the Indians?
4. What happens when Bruce tries to leave the village of the Yuko Indians after staying there four months?
5. After escaping from the Motilone, what inspires Bruce to keep walking after he has been traveling for five days?
6. What does Bruce like and dislike about the Old Testament of the Bible?
7. How does Bruce receive an invitation to live with a Colombian family in Puerto Ayacucho?
8. For the Motilone, what does it mean to have a full stomach?
9. Describe Mr. Rayburn's presentation at the interdenominational church that Bruce attends.
10. How does Bruce persuade a Yuko Indian to agree to take him to the Motilones?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Motilone, the word for faith means to be tied into Jesus. Using examples from the book, explain what Bruce and the Motilone believe it means to be tied into Jesus.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, explain how the land affects the people who live and travel in the Colombian jungles.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Bruce changes through the various experiences he encounters in his life. Using examples from the book, show how the events in Bruce's life change him.
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)