|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many doors are in the Motione communal home?
2. Who is Dr. Gregoria Hernandez de Alba?
3. Where does Bruce transfer his second year of college?
4. How long does it take before the Motilone take Bruce's gifts?
5. Where is the mission board located that Bruce applied to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bruce begins to get on his mule and leave the Indian village in the Andes?
2. Describe Bruce's meeting with Mr. Saunders.
3. How did the climate and landscape change when Bruce and the Yuko Indians travel to find the Motilone?
4. Why can Bruce identify with Lucio Mondragon when he has to deal with power struggles and squabbles in his coalition?
5. What problem does Bruce have to deal with late one night after he headed home from the Lange's church?
6. What does Bruce bring into the jungle when he comes back from Bogota?
7. What do Bobby, Ayaboquina, and Bruce Olson decide to do after Humberto Abril threatened them?
8. For the Motilone, what does it mean to have a full stomach?
9. Why is it two-faced for the settlers to be bothering the Motilones?
10. What happens when Bobby, Ayaboquina, and Bruce Olson are talking in a jungle clearing at the top of a bluff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the story of the Motilone and the ants and the story of Jesus coming to earth as a man.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how the Motilone would cover the ears of the leader of a hunt to keep away evil spirits to the way that Bruce explained how Jesus blood covers deception and hides it from God.
Essay Topic 3
Ocdabidayna said, "Jesus Christ died for all the tribes of the world. Bobby is almost like Him. He died for the Motilones." Explain why Ocdabidayna could compare Bobby to Jesus and how Bobby's death helped the Motilones. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)