|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Jesus became a reality for Bruce, what does he become more interested in?
2. How many rooms does Rafael's family have in their home?
3. How long does it take before the Motilone take Bruce's gifts?
4. What is held at the Lange's church when Bruce is sixteen?
5. Where does Bruce stay while Dr. Christian travels on to other Indian villages?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bruce find a place to stay after he flys into South America for the first time?
2. What does Bruce do when the Motilone left four arrows point down on the trail?
3. How does Bruce persuade a Yuko Indian to agree to take him to the Motilones?
4. How does Bruce receive an invitation to live with a Colombian family in Puerto Ayacucho?
5. Why can Bruce identify with Lucio Mondragon when he has to deal with power struggles and squabbles in his coalition?
6. What does Bruce wonder about missionary work when he stays with the Indians after Dr. Christian leaves?
7. Why is Bruce's father so apprehensive about his attendance at the Lange's church?
8. What does Bruce learn about the Motilones?
9. What happens when Bruce tries to leave the village of the Yuko Indians after staying there four months?
10. What problem does Bruce have to deal with late one night after he headed home from the Lange's church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Bruce changes through the various experiences he encounters in his life. Using examples from the book, show how the events in Bruce's life change him.
Essay Topic 2
It is a special thing to the Motilone to walk the trail with someone. Explain what the Motilone mean when they refer to walking the trail and what it means to walk the trail with Jesus. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, explain the analogy of the Motilone as a tree.
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)