|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first food that Bruce is given when he is taken to the Motilone communal home?
2. Where does Bruce decide to go when Rafael goes back the university?
3. What is the name of the Indian tribe in the village that Bruce stumbled into?
4. What does Bruce want to do as a profession when he grows up before he believes God changed his mind?
5. How many rooms does Rafael's family have in their home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Motilone like who seems to protect Bruce when he is in the Motilone communal house?
2. Why do responsible Latin families not allow a young person like Bruce to be alone?
3. Why is Bruce's father so apprehensive about his attendance at the Lange's church?
4. In Chapter 8, what happened after Bruce works with an Indian for two hours trying to learn the language?
5. What does Bruce bring into the jungle when he comes back from Bogota?
6. How does Bruce receive an invitation to live with a Colombian family in Puerto Ayacucho?
7. How did the climate and landscape change when Bruce and the Yuko Indians travel to find the Motilone?
8. What happens when Bruce begins to get on his mule and leave the Indian village in the Andes?
9. After escaping from the Motilone, what inspires Bruce to keep walking after he has been traveling for five days?
10. What does Bruce like and dislike about the Old Testament of the Bible?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Bruce changes through the various experiences he encounters in his life. Using examples from the book, show how the events in Bruce's life change him.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the phrase "If you can't bear the cross, then you can't wear the crown" relates to Bruce's work among the Motilone. Use examples from Bruchko.
Essay Topic 3
Ocdabidayna said, "Jesus Christ died for all the tribes of the world. Bobby is almost like Him. He died for the Motilones." Explain why Ocdabidayna could compare Bobby to Jesus and how Bobby's death helped the Motilones. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)