|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book of the Bible are Bobby and Bruce translating in Chapter 24?
2. After Bruce leaves the hospital in Tibu, what does he bring back to make his life more comfortable?
(a) A sun helmet.
(b) A flea collar.
(c) Bush clothing.
(d) A pillow.
3. How was Bobby killed?
(a) Shot in the groin.
(b) Shot in the back.
(c) Shot in the head.
(d) Shot in the heart.
4. What is the name of the man with the distinctive laugh who Bruce had met before?
5. What did the Motilone believe that Bruce was when he came to the jungle?
(a) A cockroach.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A cannibal.
(d) An evil spirit.
6. After newspaper accounts of Bruce's work with the Motilone appear, who begins calling Bruce a fake?
(a) Government officials.
(b) Land settlers.
(c) Escapees from prison.
(d) Oil company employees.
7. What does Gloria do when she visits the Motilones?
(a) Spears a fish.
(b) Goes hunting with the men.
(c) Collects jungle specimens.
(d) Cooks with the women.
8. Who called to Bobby and asked him to come to shore when he was on his way home in Chapter 24?
(b) An unidentified man.
9. How many health stations are established in a few years after Bruce begins working with the witch doctor?
10. What epidemic gives Bruce a chance to prove that his medicines can cure?
(a) Measles epidemic.
(b) Tuberculosis epidemic.
(c) Dysentery epidemic.
(d) Pinkeye epidemic.
11. What does Bruce tell Gloria to do if she wants to help the Motilones?
(a) Volunteer in the schools.
(b) Go to medical school.
(c) Volunteer in a health center.
(d) Go to law school.
12. How many people die during the epidemic in Chapter 22?
13. What is Gloria studying in Bogota when she meets Bruce?
14. What illness does Bruce have when he is on the trail to visit the chief of chiefs?
15. What does Bruce watch crawl across the ceiling when he lays in his hammock?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who staffs the health centers, farms, and schools that are established in Motilone territory?
2. How much money is in Bruce's post office box at Cucuta the first time he checks?
3. Where is Bobby's body taken?
4. What parable from the Bible has to be adapted because of Motilone culture?
5. When does Bruce's doctor at the hospital say that he will be well enough to go back into the jungle?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)