|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bruce see when he and others are searching for Bobby in Chapter 24?
(a) Some of Abril's men.
(b) Dr. Landinez.
(c) Some government officials.
(d) Dr. Christian.
2. How much longer does the doctor say that Bruce would have lived if he had not been taken back to civilization from Corroroncayra or received medication?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 15 hours.
3. After Bruce leaves the hospital in Tibu, what does he bring back to make his life more comfortable?
(a) A sun helmet.
(b) A pillow.
(c) A flea collar.
(d) Bush clothing.
4. How many days does Bruce spend with Gloria's mother after Gloria died?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 days.
5. What did the Motilone believe that Bruce was when he came to the jungle?
(a) A vulture.
(b) An evil spirit.
(c) A cannibal.
(d) A cockroach.
6. What is the name of the boy Bruce meets in Chapter 14?
7. Who tells Bruce and the others that Bobby is dead?
8. What do the Motilone say will happen when the tiger speaks and the spirits come out of the rocks?
(a) Children will die.
(b) People will die.
(c) People will become sick.
(d) Houses will burn.
9. How many years does Bruce have to wait before he can share his belief in God with the Motilones?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
10. What does Bruce's doctor tell him at the hospital in Tibu?
(a) That it would take 2 years to recover.
(b) That it would take a year and a half to recover.
(c) That it would take 6 months to recover.
(d) That it would take 3 years to recover.
11. What is Bobby's wife's name?
12. How many health stations are established in a few years after Bruce begins working with the witch doctor?
13. How long does it take for Bruce to reach Corroroncayra where the chief of chiefs lives?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
14. Who staffs the health centers, farms, and schools that are established in Motilone territory?
(b) Colombian government workers.
(c) The Motilones.
(d) Colombia doctors, nurses, and teachers.
15. Who is the Motilone chief over the chiefs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gloria studying in Bogota when she meets Bruce?
2. Where does Bruce go after visiting Gloria's mother?
3. What is the name of the man with the distinctive laugh who Bruce had met before?
4. In Chapter 22, how many days have sick people been without food or water?
5. How is Atabacdora injured in Chapter 19?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)