|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What parable from the Bible has to be adapted because of Motilone culture?
(a) Parable about the house on the rock.
(b) Parable about the mustard seed.
(c) Parable of the Talents.
(d) Parable of the Good Samaritan.
2. When does Bruce's doctor at the hospital say that he will be well enough to go back into the jungle?
(b) 4 years.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 2 years.
3. How long does it take for Bruce to reach Corroroncayra where the chief of chiefs lives?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 4 weeks.
4. Why does Bobby go down river in Chapter 24 with two other Motilone?
(a) To sell bananas.
(b) To sell some pigs.
(c) To get gasoline for the boat motor.
(d) To pick up some medicines.
5. In Chapter 19, how much money dioes Bruce need to pay for drugs for an epidemic that they are fighting?
6. Who had planned to kill Bruce when he was with the Motilone the first time and Bruce felt compelled to escape?
7. Where is Bobby's daughter taken when she becomes ill?
8. What had the Motilone done for the man who asked Bobby to stop when he was on his way home in Chapter 24?
(a) Set broken ribs.
(b) Fixed a broken arm.
(c) Stitched a wound in his leg.
(d) Treated a concussion.
9. How does Bruce meet Gloria?
(a) Through Dr. Landinez.
(b) Through her brother.
(c) Through her parents.
(d) She flew in with one of the government commissions to solve a boundary dispute.
10. How many years does Bruce have to wait before he can share his belief in God with the Motilones?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 10 years.
11. What does Bruce tell Gloria to do if she wants to help the Motilones?
(a) Go to medical school.
(b) Volunteer in a health center.
(c) Go to law school.
(d) Volunteer in the schools.
12. What friends does Bruce compare himself and Bobby to?
(a) Jesus and John.
(b) Tom and Jerry.
(c) Frodo Baggins and Sam Gamgee.
(d) David and Jonathan.
13. How long is Bruce with the Motilone before he is invited to go fishing?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 years.
14. How long does it take to bring Gloria to the nearest Motilone communal home?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 3 days.
15. What does Gloria do when she visits the Motilones?
(a) Goes hunting with the men.
(b) Cooks with the women.
(c) Collects jungle specimens.
(d) Spears a fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the first time that Bruce ever sees a Motilone cry?
2. Who do the Motilones decide that they want to tell about Jesus?
3. How long does the epidemic in Chapter 22 last?
4. How long does Bobby mourn after his daughter dies?
5. What are two men yelling into a hole in Chapter 17?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)