|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boy Bruce meets in Chapter 14?
2. What does Bruce watch crawl across the ceiling when he lays in his hammock?
3. How many Colombian presidents have been friends with Bruce?
4. What does Bruce hear when he and others are on the trail to Norecayra?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A witch doctor trying to heal a patient.
(c) Loud shouts and excruciating yells.
(d) Other Motilones celebrating.
5. How does Bruce meet Gloria?
(a) She flew in with one of the government commissions to solve a boundary dispute.
(b) Through her brother.
(c) Through Dr. Landinez.
(d) Through her parents.
6. When Bruce goes to Bogota during the rain storm, what does Bruce bring to send to a friend in the United States?
(a) A bow and arrows.
(b) A pig.
(c) A parrot.
(d) 2 baby wild bears.
7. Who is the Motilone chief over the chiefs?
8. What is the best time of day for Bruce to spend time with Bobby and his family?
(a) At lunch time.
(b) At breakfast.
(c) In the afternoons before the evening meal.
(d) After the evening meal.
9. Bruce keeps thinking of an old gospel song. What things are mentioned in the song?
(a) Jesus and the rock.
(b) Peace and a river.
(c) Creator and Defender.
(d) The cross and a crown.
10. What year is it when the Motilones first became Christians?
11. How far is the communal home to the river?
(a) A half a mile.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 6 miles.
(d) 4 miles.
12. What is the strongest punishment that Bruce witnesses the Motilone use on their children?
(a) Sit them in a corner.
(b) Use a large branch on the behind.
(c) Swat a leg with a switch.
(d) Peck a a leg with a chicken's head.
13. What disease are the Motilones fighting in Chapter 19 when they run out of medicine?
(b) Dengue fever.
14. What is Bobby's wife's name?
15. What does Bruce tell Gloria to do if she wants to help the Motilones?
(a) Go to law school.
(b) Volunteer in the schools.
(c) Go to medical school.
(d) Volunteer in a health center.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only Motilone with white hair?
2. Who staffs the health centers, farms, and schools that are established in Motilone territory?
3. How many days does Bruce spend with Gloria's mother after Gloria died?
4. Where is Atabacdora injured in Chapter 19?
5. Why does Graciano bring people to Iquiacarora?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)