|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Bruce's doctor at the hospital say that he will be well enough to go back into the jungle?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
2. Who is Bruce's doctor at the hospital in Tibu?
(a) Dr. Hans Baumgartner.
(b) Dr. Alfredo Landinez.
(c) Dr. Lang.
(d) Dr. Christian.
3. What is Bobby's wife's name?
4. Who does Bruce see when he and others are searching for Bobby in Chapter 24?
(a) Some government officials.
(b) Some of Abril's men.
(c) Dr. Christian.
(d) Dr. Landinez.
5. What book of the Bible does Bruce decide to translate first?
6. How long does it take for Bruce to reach Corroroncayra where the chief of chiefs lives?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 5 days.
7. Who had planned to kill Bruce when he was with the Motilone the first time and Bruce felt compelled to escape?
8. Who is the only Motilone with white hair?
(a) Arabadoyca's father.
(b) Cobaydra's father.
(c) Arabadoyca's mother.
(d) Cobaydra's mother.
9. What is the name of the boy Bruce meets in Chapter 14?
10. Where do Bruce and Gloria eat when he comes to Bogota?
(a) An Italian restaurant.
(b) An American restaurant.
(c) A Hungarian restaurant.
(d) A local restaurant.
11. What is the best time of day for Bruce to spend time with Bobby and his family?
(a) At lunch time.
(b) In the afternoons before the evening meal.
(c) After the evening meal.
(d) At breakfast.
12. What does Bruce realize the Motilones are talking about when they describe something that God would come out of?
(a) A grave.
(b) A book.
(c) A pack.
(d) A tree.
13. What disease are the Motilones fighting in Chapter 19 when they run out of medicine?
(a) Dengue fever.
14. What are two men yelling into a hole in Chapter 17?
(a) "God, help us."
(b) "God come back to us."
(c) "God save us."
(d) "God, God, come out of the hole."
15. How long does the epidemic in Chapter 22 last?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it when the Motilones first became Christians?
2. What is the name of the man with the distinctive laugh who Bruce had met before?
3. Where is Bobby's daughter taken when she becomes ill?
4. For whom does Bruce want a flea collar?
5. In Chapter 19, how much money dioes Bruce need to pay for drugs for an epidemic that they are fighting?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)