|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the goat dies, Leah becomes ill and the doctor offers little hope for her survival. For whom does Daniel send?
2. Why does it take so long for Thacia and Joktan to come to the village?
3. Why does Daniel go to Capernaum?
4. Why is Daniel continually drawn back to Capernaum?
5. What news does Thacia bring to Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daniel plan to go to Capernaum for the Festival of the Day of Atonement?
2. How does Daniel become a real leader?
3. What unusual thing happens when Thacia comes to visit?
4. What does Daniel think to do after he sees how delighted Leah is with the girdle?
5. What happens after Leah's goat dies?
6. How does Daniel's work in the blacksmith shop change?
7. Back at the cave for a night, what troubles Daniel as he tries to sleep?
8. Describe the scene when Daniel learns where the fruit came from.
9. How does Daniel discover that Rosh is not loyal to his men?
10. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jesus is a secondary character in the novel. Write a paper telling what you believe the author is saying about religion in general.
Essay Topic 2
Look up information about Tiberius Caesar and write a brief essay about his reign.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay explaining the meaning of those who live by the sword, perish by the sword.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)