|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Daniel is cutting Joel's bonds, something hits him and he passes out. How is he saved?
2. How do Daniel and Thacia plan to give Joel an alibi in the event he is suspected?
3. What is Daniel's plan to rescue Joel?
4. Why is Daniel continually drawn back to Capernaum?
5. Why does Daniel walk away and not follow Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
2. Why does Rosh change his mind about allowing the village boys to join his group?
3. What happens after Leah's goat dies?
4. Why does Daniel plan to go to Capernaum for the Festival of the Day of Atonement?
5. Why does Daniel not go and follow Jesus?
6. Describe the scene when Daniel learns where the fruit came from.
7. How does Daniel become a real leader?
8. Describe how Rosh justifies robbing the rich Jews in Capernaum.
9. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
10. What does Daniel think to do after he sees how delighted Leah is with the girdle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a description of how poor villagers tend to be the most hospitable and helpful. Use the villagers helping Daniel move Leah to Simon's house and any modern day example you can find.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about Samson considering that he was grateful to be relieved of servitude and then made himself Daniel's personal slave. Discuss possible motives.
Essay Topic 3
Write a discussion of the differences between the very rich and the poor using Joel's family and Daniel's family as examples.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)