|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Thacia bring to Daniel?
2. When he returns, what does Daniel do at night?
3. Why does Daniel have trouble getting to sleep that night?
4. Why does Daniel walk away and not follow Jesus?
5. Who leaves the mountain with Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Back at the cave for a night, what troubles Daniel as he tries to sleep?
2. What does Daniel think to do after he sees how delighted Leah is with the girdle?
3. What unusual thing happens when Thacia comes to visit?
4. Why does Rosh change his mind about allowing the village boys to join his group?
5. How does Daniel become a real leader?
6. Why does Daniel continue to go back to Capernaum?
7. What makes Daniel begin to question Rosh's intentions?
8. How does Daniel discover that Rosh is not loyal to his men?
9. Why are Daniel and Joktan experienced in launching ambushes?
10. Why does Daniel not go and follow Jesus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Find out what you can about Judas Maccabeus a write a condensed history of his daring exploits.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining the meaning of those who live by the sword, perish by the sword.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay giving your impressions about the imagery of the bronze bow and why you think it gives meaning to the story.
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)