|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosh suddenly allow some of the boys from the village to join his group?
2. Why is Daniel ashamed of himself?
3. Who brings dinner to the cave that night?
4. What is Joel supposed to find out?
5. What does Daniel decide he must do for Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rosh change his mind about allowing the village boys to join his group?
2. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
3. What unusual thing happens when Thacia comes to visit?
4. Tell how Daniel and Leah are healed at the same time.
5. Why are Daniel and Joktan experienced in launching ambushes?
6. How does Daniel's work in the blacksmith shop change?
7. How does Joel disguise himself to gather the information Rosh wants?
8. After the night of the festival, what realization comes to Daniel?
9. Describe the scene when Daniel learns where the fruit came from.
10. What does Daniel want Joel to do instead of joining Rosh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gather information to write a paper on the art of hand weaving.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the real character of Rosh as it is slowly revealed in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Nathan and Joktan as characters in the novel. Write about the qualities they share and yet how different they are in many ways.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)