|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Joel bring one night?
2. On the way to Ketzah, what do Daniel and Thacia discuss?
3. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
4. Why is Daniel continually drawn back to Capernaum?
5. Where does Daniel insist that Joel go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unusual thing happens when Thacia comes to visit?
2. Describe how Rosh justifies robbing the rich Jews in Capernaum.
3. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
4. What does Daniel want Joel to do instead of joining Rosh?
5. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
6. How does Daniel become a real leader?
7. Why does Rosh change his mind about allowing the village boys to join his group?
8. Describe the scene when Daniel learns where the fruit came from.
9. Tell how Daniel and Leah are healed at the same time.
10. How does Daniel discover that Rosh is not loyal to his men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short story in which Leah is the only character. The story will consist of her thoughts after she receives her first silver coin from the widow of Chorazin.
Essay Topic 2
Write a discussion of the differences between the very rich and the poor using Joel's family and Daniel's family as examples.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Nathan and Joktan as characters in the novel. Write about the qualities they share and yet how different they are in many ways.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)