|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel now reject Rosh?
2. What gift does Thacia leave for Leah?
3. Why do Leah and Daniel not see the beauty when spring comes?
4. Who is throwing a big banquet in Capernaum?
5. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Daniel returns from Nathan's wedding, what does Leah do?
2. Back at the cave for a night, what troubles Daniel as he tries to sleep?
3. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
4. What are the signs that Leah might be improving around the same time that Daniel goes to the festival?
5. How does Daniel discover that Rosh is not loyal to his men?
6. Why does Daniel not go and follow Jesus?
7. Why are Daniel and Joktan experienced in launching ambushes?
8. After the night of the festival, what realization comes to Daniel?
9. Why does Daniel continue to go back to Capernaum?
10. What does Daniel want Joel to do instead of joining Rosh?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a description of how poor villagers tend to be the most hospitable and helpful. Use the villagers helping Daniel move Leah to Simon's house and any modern day example you can find.
Essay Topic 2
Write a discussion of the differences between the very rich and the poor using Joel's family and Daniel's family as examples.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story based on Marcus, the young Roman soldier. In the story tell how he came to speak with Leah and what her friendship meant to him.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)