|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Joel bring one night?
2. What surprise does Leah have for Daniel?
3. When Daniel is called to the cave by Rosh, what is his great disappointment?
4. Seeing how delighted Leah is with Thacia's gift, what does Daniel decide to do?
5. Why does Daniel have trouble getting to sleep that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daniel not go and follow Jesus?
2. Why does Daniel plan to go to Capernaum for the Festival of the Day of Atonement?
3. What unusual thing happens when Thacia comes to visit?
4. What are the signs that Leah might be improving around the same time that Daniel goes to the festival?
5. How does Joel disguise himself to gather the information Rosh wants?
6. What happens after Leah's goat dies?
7. Back at the cave for a night, what troubles Daniel as he tries to sleep?
8. What makes Daniel begin to question Rosh's intentions?
9. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
10. Why does Rosh change his mind about allowing the village boys to join his group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a description of how poor villagers tend to be the most hospitable and helpful. Use the villagers helping Daniel move Leah to Simon's house and any modern day example you can find.
Essay Topic 2
Jesus is a secondary character in the novel. Write a paper telling what you believe the author is saying about religion in general.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about proper etiquette for guests who have been invited for dinner. Compare or contrast today and the time Daniel ate with Joel's family.,
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)