|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jesus invites Daniel to follow him, how does Daniel react?
2. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
3. Why does Daniel become so angry with Leah?
4. Why does Rosh suddenly allow some of the boys from the village to join his group?
5. After meeting Thacia, about what is Leah suddenly interested in learning more?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Rosh justifies robbing the rich Jews in Capernaum.
2. When Daniel returns from Nathan's wedding, what does Leah do?
3. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
4. How does Daniel discover that Rosh is not loyal to his men?
5. How does Joel disguise himself to gather the information Rosh wants?
6. After the night of the festival, what realization comes to Daniel?
7. What happens after Leah's goat dies?
8. Why are Daniel and Joktan experienced in launching ambushes?
9. Describe the scene when Daniel learns where the fruit came from.
10. Tell how Daniel and Leah are healed at the same time.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short story based on Marcus, the young Roman soldier. In the story tell how he came to speak with Leah and what her friendship meant to him.
Essay Topic 2
Write a description of life in a village such as Ketzah in the days of Jesus.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the real character of Rosh as it is slowly revealed in the book.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)