|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thacia tell Daniel about his spoken vow?
2. Daniel begins to see the boys in a different light. How does he see them?
3. To what does Daniel attribute Leah's recent improvement?
4. What does Daniel not understand about Thacia?
5. Days after the rescue of Joel, why can't Daniel do much work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daniel plan to go to Capernaum for the Festival of the Day of Atonement?
2. Why does Daniel not go and follow Jesus?
3. Why does Rosh change his mind about allowing the village boys to join his group?
4. How does Joel disguise himself to gather the information Rosh wants?
5. When Joel is rescued, what tragic things happen?
6. What does Daniel think to do after he sees how delighted Leah is with the girdle?
7. Why are Daniel and Joktan experienced in launching ambushes?
8. How does Daniel's work in the blacksmith shop change?
9. Describe how Rosh justifies robbing the rich Jews in Capernaum.
10. After the night of the festival, what realization comes to Daniel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gather information to write a paper on the art of hand weaving.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short story in which Leah is the only character. The story will consist of her thoughts after she receives her first silver coin from the widow of Chorazin.
Essay Topic 3
Write a description of how poor villagers tend to be the most hospitable and helpful. Use the villagers helping Daniel move Leah to Simon's house and any modern day example you can find.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)