|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words of Jesus does Daniel keep thinking about?
2. What does Simon say keeps people from happiness and fulfillment?
3. When Jesus invites Daniel to follow him, how does Daniel react?
4. After meeting Thacia, about what is Leah suddenly interested in learning more?
5. After the goat dies, Leah becomes ill and the doctor offers little hope for her survival. For whom does Daniel send?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the night of the festival, what realization comes to Daniel?
2. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
3. What does Daniel want Joel to do instead of joining Rosh?
4. When Joel is rescued, what tragic things happen?
5. Describe the scene when Daniel learns where the fruit came from.
6. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
7. What are the signs that Leah might be improving around the same time that Daniel goes to the festival?
8. How does Joel disguise himself to gather the information Rosh wants?
9. When Daniel returns from Nathan's wedding, what does Leah do?
10. How does Daniel's work in the blacksmith shop change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the topic that it is easy to hate but difficult to love.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay giving your impressions about the imagery of the bronze bow and why you think it gives meaning to the story.
Essay Topic 3
Write a discussion of the differences between the very rich and the poor using Joel's family and Daniel's family as examples.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)