|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel not understand about Thacia?
2. What does Daniel do when he returns home?
3. What makes Leah withdraw again?
4. Why does Jairus, a ruler of the synagogue, come to see Jesus?
5. Seeing how delighted Leah is with Thacia's gift, what does Daniel decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
2. How does Joel disguise himself to gather the information Rosh wants?
3. Why does Daniel not go and follow Jesus?
4. What unusual thing happens when Thacia comes to visit?
5. Describe how Rosh justifies robbing the rich Jews in Capernaum.
6. What are the signs that Leah might be improving around the same time that Daniel goes to the festival?
7. What happens after Leah's goat dies?
8. Why does Daniel plan to go to Capernaum for the Festival of the Day of Atonement?
9. How does Daniel's work in the blacksmith shop change?
10. Why are Daniel and Joktan experienced in launching ambushes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining the meaning of those who live by the sword, perish by the sword.
Essay Topic 2
Gather information to write a paper on the art of hand weaving.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story in which Leah is the only character. The story will consist of her thoughts after she receives her first silver coin from the widow of Chorazin.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)