|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel have trouble returning to the mountain cave?
2. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
3. What does Daniel reflect on about Rosh's business?
4. What name do they give the black man?
5. Who tries to follow Daniel as he leaves the camp to return to the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
2. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
3. What trouble does Daniel get into at the well in Capernaum?
4. What is it that Jesus tells the people to do that Simon and Daniel do not quite understand.
5. Discuss the symbolism of Daniel hammering flaws out of the hot iron.
6. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
7. What does Leah think after Daniel returns.
8. Describe Daniel's journey back to the mountain from Joel's house.
9. When the grandmother is dying, no one will try to enter the house. Why?
10. What is Joel's real reason for climbing the mountain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay giving your impressions about the imagery of the bronze bow and why you think it gives meaning to the story.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the real character of Rosh as it is slowly revealed in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story in which you imagine yourself living in the times of THE BRONZE BOW and how you meet Daniel and what you think of him.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)