|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
2. What name do they give the black man?
3. Does the men of the pack train see the men about to ambush them?
4. Who comes to the blacksmith shop to have a scythe repaired?
5. Why does Daniel leave Hezron's house suddenly?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the figures approach, Daniel understands that they are brother and sister. How?
2. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
3. How is Malthace different after she sees Daniel has been wounded?
4. What is the result of the argument Daniel has with Joel's father?
5. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
6. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
7. Describe the grandmother's house.
8. What effect does Daniel's kindness have on Samson?
9. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
10. Tell what Simon said he saw in Nazareth.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short story based on Marcus, the young Roman soldier. In the story tell how he came to speak with Leah and what her friendship meant to him.
Essay Topic 2
Find out what you can about Judas Maccabeus a write a condensed history of his daring exploits.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story in which Leah is the only character. The story will consist of her thoughts after she receives her first silver coin from the widow of Chorazin.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)