|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What password do the four boys select for the army they are forming to take to Rosh?
2. What does Daniel tell Joel and Thacia that he has not even told anyone at the cave?
3. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
4. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
5. How is Samson useful to the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Joel follows Daniel into the ambush of a caravan. What are they after?
2. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
3. What does Daniel do while he watches beside his grandmother?
4. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
5. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
6. Discuss the symbolism of Daniel hammering flaws out of the hot iron.
7. Why do the village men prevent Daniel from yelling curses at the Roman soldiers coming through the town.
8. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
9. Watching Joel and his sister on the side of the mountain, what memories come back to Daniel?
10. What does Leah think after Daniel returns.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about proper etiquette for guests who have been invited for dinner. Compare or contrast today and the time Daniel ate with Joel's family.,
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Nathan and Joktan as characters in the novel. Write about the qualities they share and yet how different they are in many ways.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay giving your impressions about the imagery of the bronze bow and why you think it gives meaning to the story.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)