|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they now have twice as much water in the camp?
2. How does Joel get injured?
3. What does Daniel reflect on about Rosh's business?
4. How does Daniel react when the soldier kicks out at him?
5. How is Simon brought into the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
2. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
3. The grandmother's house is about to fall down. Where do Daniel and Leah go to live?
4. Describe the grandmother's house.
5. What is Rosh's reaction to finding Joel there after the ambush?
6. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
7. What is the result of the argument Daniel has with Joel's father?
8. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
9. Watching Joel and his sister on the side of the mountain, what memories come back to Daniel?
10. As the story begins, describe Daniel bar Jamin, where he is, and what he is doing.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short story in which you imagine yourself living in the times of THE BRONZE BOW and how you meet Daniel and what you think of him.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Nathan and Joktan as characters in the novel. Write about the qualities they share and yet how different they are in many ways.
Essay Topic 3
Find out what you can about Judas Maccabeus a write a condensed history of his daring exploits.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)