|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the book Joel reads seem to say?
2. What two things make Daniel wait after knocking the old man unconscious?
3. How does Daniel finally get back to the cave?
4. What does Simon bring for Daniel?
5. Who tries to follow Daniel as he leaves the camp to return to the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the figures approach, Daniel understands that they are brother and sister. How?
2. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
3. What troubles Daniel about robbing the old man who pretends he is a begger?
4. How is Malthace different after she sees Daniel has been wounded?
5. Joel follows Daniel into the ambush of a caravan. What are they after?
6. What trouble does Daniel get into at the well in Capernaum?
7. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
8. How does Daniel begin to feel trapped?
9. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
10. What is the result of the argument Daniel has with Joel's father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short story in which you imagine yourself living in the times of THE BRONZE BOW and how you meet Daniel and what you think of him.
Essay Topic 2
Look up information about Tiberius Caesar and write a brief essay about his reign.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Nathan and Joktan as characters in the novel. Write about the qualities they share and yet how different they are in many ways.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)