|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel think at first about how his life is being planned out?
2. Why does Daniel leave Hezron's house suddenly?
3. What do most people think that someone is doing on the mountain?
4. Why does Daniel decide to return to Capernaum?
5. Why do they now have twice as much water in the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
2. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
3. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
4. Why does Daniel plan to go to Capernaum for the Festival of the Day of Atonement?
5. What effect does Daniel's kindness have on Samson?
6. Why did Nathan's friends beat up Nathan?
7. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
8. Why do the village men prevent Daniel from yelling curses at the Roman soldiers coming through the town.
9. Watching Joel and his sister on the side of the mountain, what memories come back to Daniel?
10. What trouble does Daniel get into at the well in Capernaum?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about Samson considering that he was grateful to be relieved of servitude and then made himself Daniel's personal slave. Discuss possible motives.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Nathan and Joktan as characters in the novel. Write about the qualities they share and yet how different they are in many ways.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the transformation of Simon the Zealot in THE BRONZE BOW.
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)