|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Thacia to change her attitude to Daniel?
2. What does Daniel do to win the devotion and friendship of the black man?
3. What is the only thing that bothers him about leaving the village?
4. Who comes looking for Daniel?
5. What does Daniel think regarding his relationship to Joel?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Daniel recognizes Joel and Thacia, how does he feel about them?
2. As the figures approach, Daniel understands that they are brother and sister. How?
3. What effect does Daniel's kindness have on Samson?
4. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
5. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
6. As the story begins, describe Daniel bar Jamin, where he is, and what he is doing.
7. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
8. How is Malthace different after she sees Daniel has been wounded?
9. What is Rosh's reaction to finding Joel there after the ambush?
10. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about proper etiquette for guests who have been invited for dinner. Compare or contrast today and the time Daniel ate with Joel's family.,
Essay Topic 2
Write a description of life in a village such as Ketzah in the days of Jesus.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the real character of Rosh as it is slowly revealed in the book.
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)