|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Nathan tells his story to Daniel, what does Daniel decide to do?
2. What does Daniel think regarding his relationship to Joel?
3. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
4. Who cared for Daniel and Leah after their parents died?
5. Where is Daniel from?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the figures approach, Daniel understands that they are brother and sister. How?
2. What is it that Jesus tells the people to do that Simon and Daniel do not quite understand.
3. What trouble does Daniel get into at the well in Capernaum?
4. The grandmother's house is about to fall down. Where do Daniel and Leah go to live?
5. Discuss the symbolism of Daniel hammering flaws out of the hot iron.
6. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
7. Tell what Simon said he saw in Nazareth.
8. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
9. What happens when Malthace sees Daniel back at her door?
10. What troubles Daniel about robbing the old man who pretends he is a begger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the topic that it is easy to hate but difficult to love.
Essay Topic 2
Write a description of life in a village such as Ketzah in the days of Jesus.
Essay Topic 3
Jesus is a secondary character in the novel. Write a paper telling what you believe the author is saying about religion in general.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)