|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does he stop on his way out of Capernaum?
2. What causes Thacia to change her attitude to Daniel?
3. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
4. What name do they give the black man?
5. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Malthace sees Daniel back at her door?
2. What trouble does Daniel get into at the well in Capernaum?
3. As the figures approach, Daniel understands that they are brother and sister. How?
4. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
5. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
6. As the story begins, describe Daniel bar Jamin, where he is, and what he is doing.
7. Discuss the symbolism of Daniel hammering flaws out of the hot iron.
8. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
9. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
10. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short story in which Leah is the only character. The story will consist of her thoughts after she receives her first silver coin from the widow of Chorazin.
Essay Topic 2
Find out what you can about Judas Maccabeus a write a condensed history of his daring exploits.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the transformation of Simon the Zealot in THE BRONZE BOW.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)