|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel reflect on about Rosh's business?
2. Who comes looking for Daniel?
3. What embarrasses Daniel during the meal at Joel's house?
4. What causes Thacia to change her attitude to Daniel?
5. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the village men prevent Daniel from yelling curses at the Roman soldiers coming through the town.
2. Why did Nathan's friends beat up Nathan?
3. How is Malthace different after she sees Daniel has been wounded?
4. What is Rosh's reaction to finding Joel there after the ambush?
5. What effect does Daniel's kindness have on Samson?
6. What happens when Malthace sees Daniel back at her door?
7. What is it that Jesus tells the people to do that Simon and Daniel do not quite understand.
8. Describe the grandmother's house.
9. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
10. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look up information about Tiberius Caesar and write a brief essay about his reign.
Essay Topic 2
Gather information to write a paper on the art of hand weaving.
Essay Topic 3
Jesus is a secondary character in the novel. Write a paper telling what you believe the author is saying about religion in general.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)