|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the men of the pack train see the men about to ambush them?
2. What does Daniel tell Joel and Thacia that he has not even told anyone at the cave?
3. What killed Daniel's mother?
4. What is Daniel like as he enters Capernaum?
5. Why can Daniel not get the parts he needs from Simon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
2. What happens when Malthace sees Daniel back at her door?
3. How does Daniel begin to feel trapped?
4. As the story begins, describe Daniel bar Jamin, where he is, and what he is doing.
5. Describe the grandmother's house.
6. How is Malthace different after she sees Daniel has been wounded?
7. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
8. What does Leah think after Daniel returns.
9. What troubles Daniel about robbing the old man who pretends he is a begger?
10. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gather information to write a paper on the art of hand weaving.
Essay Topic 2
Write a description of how poor villagers tend to be the most hospitable and helpful. Use the villagers helping Daniel move Leah to Simon's house and any modern day example you can find.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story in which you imagine yourself living in the times of THE BRONZE BOW and how you meet Daniel and what you think of him.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)