|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Daniel from?
2. How do Simon and Rosh differ?
3. What stirs Leah out of the corner during the night?
4. How is Samson useful to the camp?
5. What does Daniel witness that makes him vow revenge on the Romans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trouble does Daniel get into at the well in Capernaum?
2. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
3. Tell what Simon said he saw in Nazareth.
4. How does Daniel begin to feel trapped?
5. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
6. Discuss the symbolism of Daniel hammering flaws out of the hot iron.
7. Joel follows Daniel into the ambush of a caravan. What are they after?
8. Watching Joel and his sister on the side of the mountain, what memories come back to Daniel?
9. When Daniel gets restless on the mountain, where does he decide he wants to go?
10. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about Samson considering that he was grateful to be relieved of servitude and then made himself Daniel's personal slave. Discuss possible motives.
Essay Topic 2
Look up information about Tiberius Caesar and write a brief essay about his reign.
Essay Topic 3
Write a discussion of the differences between the very rich and the poor using Joel's family and Daniel's family as examples.
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)