Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most people think that someone is doing on the mountain?
2. Why do Joel and his sister Malthace come to the mountain?
3. What password do the four boys select for the army they are forming to take to Rosh?
4. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
5. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
2. How does Daniel's work in the blacksmith shop change?
3. Describe the scene when Daniel learns where the fruit came from.
4. What happens when Malthace sees Daniel back at her door?
5. How is Malthace different after she sees Daniel has been wounded?
6. When Daniel gets restless on the mountain, where does he decide he wants to go?
7. When Daniel recognizes Joel and Thacia, how does he feel about them?
8. What is it that Jesus tells the people to do that Simon and Daniel do not quite understand.
9. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
10. What are the signs that Leah might be improving around the same time that Daniel goes to the festival?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay giving your impressions about the imagery of the bronze bow and why you think it gives meaning to the story.
Essay Topic 2
Gather information to write a paper on the art of hand weaving.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the topic that it is easy to hate but difficult to love.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)