|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Rosh chastises Daniel, what does Daniel do?
2. Why does Daniel not like Nathan at first?
3. After Nathan tells his story to Daniel, what does Daniel decide to do?
4. What is Daniel's problem with the Jewish merchants in the city?
5. What is Daniel's complaint against his countrymen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Malthace sees Daniel back at her door?
2. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
3. What effect does Daniel's kindness have on Samson?
4. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
5. What is the result of the argument Daniel has with Joel's father?
6. Why did Nathan's friends beat up Nathan?
7. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
8. What is Rosh's reaction to finding Joel there after the ambush?
9. What troubles Daniel about robbing the old man who pretends he is a begger?
10. What does Daniel do while he watches beside his grandmother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gather information to write a paper on the art of hand weaving.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Nathan and Joktan as characters in the novel. Write about the qualities they share and yet how different they are in many ways.
Essay Topic 3
Look up information about Tiberius Caesar and write a brief essay about his reign.
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)