|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ebol tell Daniel they must take from the passing pack train?
2. Some people do not have a high opinion of Rosh. What do they think he is?
3. What kind of pack train is the one Joel sees on the first day?
4. What is a message written on that Ebol brings to Daniel?
5. Who comes looking for Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the story begins, describe Daniel bar Jamin, where he is, and what he is doing.
2. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
3. Why did Nathan's friends beat up Nathan?
4. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
5. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
6. Why do the village men prevent Daniel from yelling curses at the Roman soldiers coming through the town.
7. Joel follows Daniel into the ambush of a caravan. What are they after?
8. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
9. When the grandmother is dying, no one will try to enter the house. Why?
10. What is Rosh's reaction to finding Joel there after the ambush?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a paper contrasting the life Daniel has at the mountain cave and the life he enjoys being hidden away in Joel's house.
Essay Topic 2
Write a discussion of the differences between the very rich and the poor using Joel's family and Daniel's family as examples.
Essay Topic 3
Find out what you can about Judas Maccabeus a write a condensed history of his daring exploits.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)