|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to follow Daniel as he leaves the camp to return to the village?
2. For the second time, Daniel finds himself waiting for someone. Who?
3. What warning does Simon give Daniel before leaving him in charge of the shop?
4. What does Daniel do to win the devotion and friendship of the black man?
5. How do they get Leah out of the old house and into Simon's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daniel continue to go back to Capernaum?
2. How does Daniel begin to feel trapped?
3. Discuss the symbolism of Daniel hammering flaws out of the hot iron.
4. Describe the grandmother's house.
5. Why do the village men prevent Daniel from yelling curses at the Roman soldiers coming through the town.
6. How does Daniel's work in the blacksmith shop change?
7. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
8. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
9. How does Joel disguise himself to gather the information Rosh wants?
10. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Nathan and Joktan as characters in the novel. Write about the qualities they share and yet how different they are in many ways.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about Samson considering that he was grateful to be relieved of servitude and then made himself Daniel's personal slave. Discuss possible motives.
Essay Topic 3
Find out what you can about Judas Maccabeus a write a condensed history of his daring exploits.
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)