|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the men of the pack train see the men about to ambush them?
2. Why does Daniel have trouble returning to the mountain cave?
3. How does Joel get injured?
4. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
5. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the symbolism of Daniel hammering flaws out of the hot iron.
2. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
3. When Daniel gets restless on the mountain, where does he decide he wants to go?
4. What trouble does Daniel get into at the well in Capernaum?
5. What is it that Jesus tells the people to do that Simon and Daniel do not quite understand.
6. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
7. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
8. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
9. Joel follows Daniel into the ambush of a caravan. What are they after?
10. What is odd about the young Roman soldier who keeps showing up at the blacksmith shop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the topic that it is easy to hate but difficult to love.
Essay Topic 2
Write a discussion of the differences between the very rich and the poor using Joel's family and Daniel's family as examples.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the transformation of Simon the Zealot in THE BRONZE BOW.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)