|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel decide to do that night?
2. Why does Daniel have to go down to the village?
3. Who does Joel bring to Daniel?
4. What two things make Daniel wait after knocking the old man unconscious?
5. After he confronts the soldier, Daniel does the only thing he can. What is that?
Short Essay Questions
1. Watching Joel and his sister on the side of the mountain, what memories come back to Daniel?
2. Describe the grandmother's house.
3. The grandmother's house is about to fall down. Where do Daniel and Leah go to live?
4. When the grandmother is dying, no one will try to enter the house. Why?
5. What does Daniel do while he watches beside his grandmother?
6. What is it that Jesus tells the people to do that Simon and Daniel do not quite understand.
7. What effect does Daniel's kindness have on Samson?
8. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
9. What is odd about the young Roman soldier who keeps showing up at the blacksmith shop?
10. When Daniel gets restless on the mountain, where does he decide he wants to go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about Samson considering that he was grateful to be relieved of servitude and then made himself Daniel's personal slave. Discuss possible motives.
Essay Topic 2
Write a description of life in a village such as Ketzah in the days of Jesus.
Essay Topic 3
Look up information about Tiberius Caesar and write a brief essay about his reign.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)