|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Simon's message for Daniel?
2. Why does he stop on his way out of Capernaum?
3. What does Daniel think when a Roman soldier keeps coming back to his shop?
4. What does Thacia do for Daniel?
5. What does Joel tell Daniel about Rosh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
2. What is Joel's real reason for climbing the mountain?
3. As the figures approach, Daniel understands that they are brother and sister. How?
4. How is Malthace different after she sees Daniel has been wounded?
5. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
6. What effect does Daniel's kindness have on Samson?
7. What troubles Daniel about robbing the old man who pretends he is a begger?
8. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
9. Discuss the symbolism of Daniel hammering flaws out of the hot iron.
10. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay giving your impressions about the imagery of the bronze bow and why you think it gives meaning to the story.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about Samson considering that he was grateful to be relieved of servitude and then made himself Daniel's personal slave. Discuss possible motives.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story in which you imagine yourself living in the times of THE BRONZE BOW and how you meet Daniel and what you think of him.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)