|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the book Joel reads seem to say?
2. Examining the black man, what do the men conclude?
3. Does the men of the pack train see the men about to ambush them?
4. Why can Daniel not get the parts he needs from Simon?
5. Who comes to the blacksmith shop to have a scythe repaired?
Short Essay Questions
1. What troubles Daniel about robbing the old man who pretends he is a begger?
2. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
3. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
4. What does Daniel do while he watches beside his grandmother?
5. As the figures approach, Daniel understands that they are brother and sister. How?
6. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
7. The grandmother's house is about to fall down. Where do Daniel and Leah go to live?
8. What is odd about the young Roman soldier who keeps showing up at the blacksmith shop?
9. When Daniel gets restless on the mountain, where does he decide he wants to go?
10. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Nathan and Joktan as characters in the novel. Write about the qualities they share and yet how different they are in many ways.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on the topic that it is easy to hate but difficult to love.
Essay Topic 3
Find out what you can about Judas Maccabeus a write a condensed history of his daring exploits.
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)