|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stirs Leah out of the corner during the night?
2. What does the doctor say kept the old woman alive for so long?
3. What does Daniel think at first about how his life is being planned out?
4. Where does Daniel finally find Joel's house?
5. Why does Daniel leave Hezron's house suddenly?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
2. When the grandmother is dying, no one will try to enter the house. Why?
3. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
4. When Daniel gets restless on the mountain, where does he decide he wants to go?
5. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
6. Describe Daniel's journey back to the mountain from Joel's house.
7. What is odd about the young Roman soldier who keeps showing up at the blacksmith shop?
8. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
9. What happens when Malthace sees Daniel back at her door?
10. How does Daniel begin to feel trapped?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Find out what you can about Judas Maccabeus a write a condensed history of his daring exploits.
Essay Topic 2
Write a description of how poor villagers tend to be the most hospitable and helpful. Use the villagers helping Daniel move Leah to Simon's house and any modern day example you can find.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about proper etiquette for guests who have been invited for dinner. Compare or contrast today and the time Daniel ate with Joel's family.,
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)