|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cared for Daniel and Leah after their parents died?
2. What does Daniel think at first about how his life is being planned out?
3. What does Daniel tell Joel and Thacia that he has not even told anyone at the cave?
4. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
5. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of the argument Daniel has with Joel's father?
2. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
3. What is Joel's real reason for climbing the mountain?
4. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
5. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
6. How does Daniel begin to feel trapped?
7. What trouble does Daniel get into at the well in Capernaum?
8. Joel follows Daniel into the ambush of a caravan. What are they after?
9. What happens when Malthace sees Daniel back at her door?
10. When Daniel gets restless on the mountain, where does he decide he wants to go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about Samson considering that he was grateful to be relieved of servitude and then made himself Daniel's personal slave. Discuss possible motives.
Essay Topic 2
Write a description of life in a village such as Ketzah in the days of Jesus.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about proper etiquette for guests who have been invited for dinner. Compare or contrast today and the time Daniel ate with Joel's family.,
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)