|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel leave Hezron's house suddenly?
2. What were the last words Daniel ever heard his grandmother say?
3. After Nathan tells his story to Daniel, what does Daniel decide to do?
4. Who tries to follow Daniel as he leaves the camp to return to the village?
5. The grandmother's house is falling down. Where do Leah and Daniel go to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the symbolism of Daniel hammering flaws out of the hot iron.
2. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
3. Watching Joel and his sister on the side of the mountain, what memories come back to Daniel?
4. What is the result of the argument Daniel has with Joel's father?
5. Describe Daniel's journey back to the mountain from Joel's house.
6. What does Daniel do while he watches beside his grandmother?
7. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
8. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
9. What is Joel's real reason for climbing the mountain?
10. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Find out what you can about Judas Maccabeus a write a condensed history of his daring exploits.
Essay Topic 2
Write a description of how poor villagers tend to be the most hospitable and helpful. Use the villagers helping Daniel move Leah to Simon's house and any modern day example you can find.
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper contrasting the life Daniel has at the mountain cave and the life he enjoys being hidden away in Joel's house.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)