|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Daniel returns to Ketzah thinking that he has only two allies. What are they?
(a) Joel and Thacia.
(b) His hatred and his vow.
(c) Jesus and Simon.
(d) His work and his sister.
2. Why does it take so long for Thacia and Joktan to come to the village?
(a) They had difficulty reading the message on a piece of pottery.
(b) The message was taken by a servant who forgot to give it to Thacia.
(c) They went looking for Jesus to bring him to Leah.
(d) They didn't believe Daniel's message.
3. After the goat dies, Leah becomes ill and the doctor offers little hope for her survival. For whom does Daniel send?
(a) He sends for Simon.
(b) He sends for Jesus.
(c) He sends for Joel.
(d) He sends a message to Thacia.
4. As Daniel gets better and better at his craft, what does he make one day when he has no other job to do?
(a) A large bonze bow to decorate his front door.
(b) Some bronze jewelry to sell at the market.
(c) A small bronze bow he fashions into a brooch.
(d) Bronze bowls and spoons to give to Leah.
5. Seeing how delighted Leah is with Thacia's gift, what does Daniel decide to do?
(a) Go get some special food for their supper that night.
(b) Go to the market and buy cloth for Leah to make into a dress.
(c) Buy something expensive to give to Thacia the next time she comes.
(d) Forbid Thacia to come back again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling does Daniel have as he and Joktan rush down the mountain?
2. Days after the rescue of Joel, why can't Daniel do much work?
3. Why does Daniel go to Capernaum?
4. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
5. Daniel begins to see the boys in a different light. How does he see them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daniel think to do after he sees how delighted Leah is with the girdle?
2. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
3. After the night of the festival, what realization comes to Daniel?
4. Back at the cave for a night, what troubles Daniel as he tries to sleep?
5. When Daniel returns from Nathan's wedding, what does Leah do?
6. Why are Daniel and Joktan experienced in launching ambushes?
7. What unusual thing happens when Thacia comes to visit?
8. How does Daniel become a real leader?
9. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
10. Why does Daniel plan to go to Capernaum for the Festival of the Day of Atonement?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)