|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Daniel and Joel leave Leah in the shop?
(a) She will return to Capernaum before they get back.
(b) There is someone Daniel wants Joel to meet.
(c) It is too hot for a girl outside.
(d) Thacia can sell things while they are gone.
2. When the huge boulder goes crashing down the cliff, what does Daniel realize?
(a) God had made the big rock fall.
(b) There were Romans up above his men.
(c) Samson had followed him.
(d) His plan was not going to work.
3. What is Rosh's reaction to the news of Joel's situation?
(a) He says that they will rescue Joel in two days.
(b) He tells Daniel not to worry about his friend.
(c) He calls a meeting to decide what to do.
(d) He says he cannot spare men to do anything to rescue Joel.
4. When Daniel is called to the cave by Rosh, what is his great disappointment?
(a) Rosh wants Daniel to stay and guard the cave.
(b) Samson has run away.
(c) Rosh's first assignment goes to Joel and not to Daniel.
(d) Rosh tells Daniel that he cannot trust him.
5. What finally shows that Daniel has found happiness and peace?
(a) He allows Marcus to see Leah.
(b) He goes to the synagogue to pray.
(c) He runs around the village telling everyone what he saw.
(d) He is happy to see that Thacia is wearing the bronze bow brooch.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Daniel gets better and better at his craft, what does he make one day when he has no other job to do?
2. What happens to Samson?
3. Seeing how delighted Leah is with Thacia's gift, what does Daniel decide to do?
4. Who is throwing a big banquet in Capernaum?
5. How did Nathan die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the signs that Leah might be improving around the same time that Daniel goes to the festival?
2. What makes Daniel begin to question Rosh's intentions?
3. What unusual thing happens when Thacia comes to visit?
4. What happens after Leah's goat dies?
5. How does Daniel's work in the blacksmith shop change?
6. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
7. After the night of the festival, what realization comes to Daniel?
8. When Daniel returns from Nathan's wedding, what does Leah do?
9. Back at the cave for a night, what troubles Daniel as he tries to sleep?
10. Tell how Daniel and Leah are healed at the same time.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)