|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daniel go and leave Leah alone for one night?
(a) Over to Capernaum to see Thacia.
(b) Out to have a meeting with the men of the bronze bow.
(c) Up the mountain to see Rosh.
(d) To stake out the Roman garrison.
2. Daniel returns to Ketzah thinking that he has only two allies. What are they?
(a) His work and his sister.
(b) His hatred and his vow.
(c) Jesus and Simon.
(d) Joel and Thacia.
3. Daniel begins to see the boys in a different light. How does he see them?
(a) As grateful to him for helping them get into Rosh's band.
(b) Not as soldiers but as petty thieves.
(c) Not able to carry out the difficult assignments from Rosh.
(d) As not trained enough to do the jobs they are given.
4. What does Daniel decide he must do for Jesus?
(a) He must get him completely out of his mind.
(b) He must persuade him to take over his army of boys.
(c) He must go and warn him.
(d) He must change his feelings about the Romans.
5. When Jesus invites Daniel to follow him, how does Daniel react?
(a) He wants to know what milliary rank he will be given.
(b) He is immediately excited and wants to go.
(c) He tells Jesus he can't because of Leah.
(d) He thinks it is a bad idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Daniel and Thacia plan to give Joel an alibi in the event he is suspected?
2. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
3. What philosophy does Jesus compare to Daniel's hate of the Romans?
4. Why do Leah and Daniel not see the beauty when spring comes?
5. Where does Daniel insist that Joel go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daniel not go and follow Jesus?
2. Why does Daniel continue to go back to Capernaum?
3. What unusual thing happens when Thacia comes to visit?
4. Back at the cave for a night, what troubles Daniel as he tries to sleep?
5. What does Daniel think to do after he sees how delighted Leah is with the girdle?
6. Why are Daniel and Joktan experienced in launching ambushes?
7. How does Daniel become a real leader?
8. Why does Rosh change his mind about allowing the village boys to join his group?
9. What are the signs that Leah might be improving around the same time that Daniel goes to the festival?
10. How does Joel disguise himself to gather the information Rosh wants?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)