|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daniel's plan to rescue Joel?
(a) Dressing up like merchants and offering to buy Joel.
(b) An ambush on the road to the sea.
(c) Dressing like ghosts and scaring the Romans.
(d) Slipping in at night and freeing Joel.
2. Why is Daniel continually drawn back to Capernaum?
(a) He is compelled to hear the words of Jesus.
(b) He is looking for a way to get back in Hezron's good graces.
(c) He has to see Thacia.
(d) Just to get away from Leah and the village for a while.
3. When the huge boulder goes crashing down the cliff, what does Daniel realize?
(a) His plan was not going to work.
(b) God had made the big rock fall.
(c) Samson had followed him.
(d) There were Romans up above his men.
4. What gift does Thacia leave for Leah?
(a) A small doll that came from China.
(b) Some money to buy a new garment.
(c) A new baby goat.
(d) A beautifully embroidered girdle.
5. What finally shows that Daniel has found happiness and peace?
(a) He goes to the synagogue to pray.
(b) He runs around the village telling everyone what he saw.
(c) He is happy to see that Thacia is wearing the bronze bow brooch.
(d) He allows Marcus to see Leah.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Daniel and Thacia plan to give Joel an alibi in the event he is suspected?
2. Why does Rosh suddenly allow some of the boys from the village to join his group?
3. How does Jesus say that Daniel can show his love for Samson?
4. What happens to Samson?
5. Why does it take so long for Thacia and Joktan to come to the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel discover that Rosh is not loyal to his men?
2. Why does Daniel continue to go back to Capernaum?
3. What makes Daniel begin to question Rosh's intentions?
4. What are the signs that Leah might be improving around the same time that Daniel goes to the festival?
5. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
6. What does Daniel want Joel to do instead of joining Rosh?
7. Describe the scene when Daniel learns where the fruit came from.
8. Why does Daniel plan to go to Capernaum for the Festival of the Day of Atonement?
9. What happens after Leah's goat dies?
10. When Joel is rescued, what tragic things happen?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)