|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise does Daniel find when he and Joel return to the shop?
(a) Leah and Thacia are chatting in the house.
(b) Thacia and Leah have disappeared.
(c) Thacia is making a bit for the Roman soldier's horse.
(d) Leah is teaching Thacia how to weave.
2. What makes Leah withdraw again?
(a) When the Roman soldiers ride by.
(b) When there is a loud knock at the door.
(c) When Joel enters the room.
(d) When Thacia stands up to go.
3. When Daniel is cutting Joel's bonds, something hits him and he passes out. How is he saved?
(a) Samson carries him and Joel away.
(b) The other boys come to his rescue.
(c) Daniel comes to quickly and gets Joel away.
(d) Nathan puts himself between Daniel and Joel and the soldiers.
4. Where does Daniel go and leave Leah alone for one night?
(a) To stake out the Roman garrison.
(b) Up the mountain to see Rosh.
(c) Out to have a meeting with the men of the bronze bow.
(d) Over to Capernaum to see Thacia.
5. What does the group of twenty boys of the bronze bow agree to do?
(a) Go out and look for older men to help them.
(b) Not tell anyone where Daniel is.
(c) Follow Daniel's plan to rescue Joel.
(d) Set fire to Capernaum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel decide he must do for Jesus?
2. As Leah asks more and more questions, Daniel is forced to think about many things. How does he see it affecting him?
3. The next day, what is everyone talking about?
4. How does Jesus say that Daniel can show his love for Samson?
5. What happens to Samson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the signs that Leah might be improving around the same time that Daniel goes to the festival?
2. What does Daniel think to do after he sees how delighted Leah is with the girdle?
3. What makes Daniel begin to question Rosh's intentions?
4. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
5. How does Daniel's work in the blacksmith shop change?
6. How does Daniel discover that Rosh is not loyal to his men?
7. Describe the scene when Daniel learns where the fruit came from.
8. Describe how Rosh justifies robbing the rich Jews in Capernaum.
9. Why are Daniel and Joktan experienced in launching ambushes?
10. Why does Daniel not go and follow Jesus?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)