|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel think about as he throws himself into his work?
(c) The blond Roman soldier.
2. When Leah asks about the crowds that go see Jesus, Daniel asks if she would like to go. What does she do?
(a) She says she will have to think about it.
(b) She jumps for joy.
(c) She claps her hands.
(d) She cringes.
3. Why do Daniel and Joel leave Leah in the shop?
(a) There is someone Daniel wants Joel to meet.
(b) It is too hot for a girl outside.
(c) Thacia can sell things while they are gone.
(d) She will return to Capernaum before they get back.
4. What news does Joel bring one night?
(a) He has left home and will not return.
(b) The Romans have captured Rosh.
(c) His father, Hezron, is dead.
(d) Thacia is getting married.
5. What do the Romans leave by the side of the road?
(a) Some kind of machine.
(b) Some swords they forgot after taking a brief rest.
(c) Some gear after a pack horse died.
(d) Captives who were too exhausted to walk farther.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jesus say that Daniel can show his love for Samson?
2. What is clear about Daniel in relationship to the boys now?
3. What makes Leah withdraw again?
4. Who leaves the mountain with Daniel?
5. What does Daniel decide he must do for Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
2. How does Joel disguise himself to gather the information Rosh wants?
3. What does Daniel want Joel to do instead of joining Rosh?
4. How does Daniel discover that Rosh is not loyal to his men?
5. Why are Daniel and Joktan experienced in launching ambushes?
6. Why does Rosh change his mind about allowing the village boys to join his group?
7. What makes Daniel begin to question Rosh's intentions?
8. When Daniel returns from Nathan's wedding, what does Leah do?
9. Back at the cave for a night, what troubles Daniel as he tries to sleep?
10. What are the signs that Leah might be improving around the same time that Daniel goes to the festival?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)