|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Daniel and Thacia plan to give Joel an alibi in the event he is suspected?
(a) Thacia will say that the fish seller is not her brother.
(b) Thacia tells everyone that Joel was called to Ketzah.
(c) Thacia takes Daniel to the doctor and says he is her brother Joel.
(d) Thacia dresses like her brother and leaves town with Daniel.
2. When Daniel accidentally meets up with Jesus, what does he tell him?
(a) His complete story.
(b) That simon the Zealot is his friend.
(c) How he and his friends rescued Joel.
(d) That he wants to hear Jesus call for an army.
3. The next day, what is everyone talking about?
(a) How Rosh had killed the guards at the houses he robbed.
(b) How Rosh attacked the banquet and robbed the guests.
(c) How Rosh had missed the wealthiest houses in the city.
(d) How Rosh and his men robbed five wealthy houses the night before.
4. When Daniel is cutting Joel's bonds, something hits him and he passes out. How is he saved?
(a) Daniel comes to quickly and gets Joel away.
(b) Samson carries him and Joel away.
(c) The other boys come to his rescue.
(d) Nathan puts himself between Daniel and Joel and the soldiers.
5. What news does Thacia bring to Daniel?
(a) Joel has been seriously wounded and lies in a Roman garrison.
(b) Joel has been killed trying to break into a house.
(c) Joel has been arrested and will be taken east.
(d) Joel has been caught and will be crucified.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the huge boulder goes crashing down the cliff, what does Daniel realize?
2. Days after the rescue of Joel, why can't Daniel do much work?
3. What philosophy does Jesus compare to Daniel's hate of the Romans?
4. How did they know it was Rosh who had committed the robberies?
5. Where does Daniel decide to go and asks Leah to accompany him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
2. Describe how Rosh justifies robbing the rich Jews in Capernaum.
3. How does Joel disguise himself to gather the information Rosh wants?
4. What does Daniel think to do after he sees how delighted Leah is with the girdle?
5. Back at the cave for a night, what troubles Daniel as he tries to sleep?
6. Describe the scene when Daniel learns where the fruit came from.
7. What are the signs that Leah might be improving around the same time that Daniel goes to the festival?
8. When Daniel returns from Nathan's wedding, what does Leah do?
9. What unusual thing happens when Thacia comes to visit?
10. How does Daniel discover that Rosh is not loyal to his men?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)