|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Joel bring one night?
(a) He has left home and will not return.
(b) The Romans have captured Rosh.
(c) Thacia is getting married.
(d) His father, Hezron, is dead.
2. Why does Daniel become so angry with Leah?
(a) Because she goes outside when he is not there.
(b) Because she hates Joel.
(c) Because she has been talking to the Roman soldier.
(d) Because she will not make his supper.
3. Why does Daniel now reject Rosh?
(a) He is angry because Rosh thinks he is weak.
(b) Rosh is taking too much time to train an army.
(c) He is robbing their own people and getting weaker instead of stronger.
(d) Rosh is acting too quickly and the Romans will overpower him.
4. Where has Jesus gone?
(a) With the Roman soldiers.
(b) Out in a boat.
(c) To Jerusalem.
(d) Up on the mountain where no one is to follow him.
5. What does Simon say keeps people from happiness and fulfillment?
(a) Time and tide.
(b) Fear and hate.
(c) Work and play.
(d) Poverty and disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Daniel attribute Leah's recent improvement?
2. What feeling does Daniel have as he and Joktan rush down the mountain?
3. Why does Daniel walk away and not follow Jesus?
4. As Leah asks more and more questions, Daniel is forced to think about many things. How does he see it affecting him?
5. Why do Leah and Daniel not see the beauty when spring comes?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the night of the festival, what realization comes to Daniel?
2. What are the signs that Leah might be improving around the same time that Daniel goes to the festival?
3. Why are Daniel and Joktan experienced in launching ambushes?
4. What unusual thing happens when Thacia comes to visit?
5. What does Daniel want Joel to do instead of joining Rosh?
6. Why does Daniel plan to go to Capernaum for the Festival of the Day of Atonement?
7. Describe the scene when Daniel learns where the fruit came from.
8. What does Daniel think to do after he sees how delighted Leah is with the girdle?
9. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
10. How does Daniel become a real leader?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)