|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daniel insist that Joel go?
(a) To leave the country until the Romans forget about him.
(b) To Jerusalem to continue his studies in the Jewish Law.
(c) To follow Jesus.
(d) To return home and take care of his father.
2. What does Daniel decide he must do for Jesus?
(a) He must change his feelings about the Romans.
(b) He must persuade him to take over his army of boys.
(c) He must get him completely out of his mind.
(d) He must go and warn him.
3. Why is Daniel continually drawn back to Capernaum?
(a) He is compelled to hear the words of Jesus.
(b) Just to get away from Leah and the village for a while.
(c) He has to see Thacia.
(d) He is looking for a way to get back in Hezron's good graces.
4. What makes Leah withdraw again?
(a) When the Roman soldiers ride by.
(b) When there is a loud knock at the door.
(c) When Thacia stands up to go.
(d) When Joel enters the room.
5. What is Joel supposed to find out?
(a) How much fish will be needed for the banquet.
(b) Which of the wealthy Jews in Capernaum will be attending the banquet.
(c) How many guards will be posted at the banquet.
(d) Where the banquet will be held.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel do when he returns home?
2. What two miracles occur there in Simon's house?
3. What philosophy does Jesus compare to Daniel's hate of the Romans?
4. On the way to Ketzah, what do Daniel and Thacia discuss?
5. What is clear about Daniel in relationship to the boys now?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daniel think to do after he sees how delighted Leah is with the girdle?
2. When Joel is rescued, what tragic things happen?
3. How does Daniel's work in the blacksmith shop change?
4. Why does Daniel not go and follow Jesus?
5. Why does Daniel plan to go to Capernaum for the Festival of the Day of Atonement?
6. What happens after Leah's goat dies?
7. What does Daniel want Joel to do instead of joining Rosh?
8. Describe how Rosh justifies robbing the rich Jews in Capernaum.
9. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
10. How does Daniel discover that Rosh is not loyal to his men?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)