|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel think about as he throws himself into his work?
(a) The blond Roman soldier.
2. Why does Daniel have trouble getting to sleep that night?
(a) He is trying to figure out how he can return full time.
(b) He keeps worrying about Leah.
(c) He is uncomfortable on the ground now that he is used to having a soft bed.
(d) Rosh makes him stand watch part of the night.
3. How did Nathan die?
(a) He was killed while pulling Daniel up from the path.
(b) He fell on his own sword.
(c) He was accidentally killed by Samson.
(d) He lost his footing and fell right into a group of Romans.
4. Why do Daniel and Joel leave Leah in the shop?
(a) She will return to Capernaum before they get back.
(b) Thacia can sell things while they are gone.
(c) It is too hot for a girl outside.
(d) There is someone Daniel wants Joel to meet.
5. What does Thacia tell Daniel about his spoken vow?
(a) That he is stupid to believe in vows.
(b) That he was too young to make that vow when he was eight.
(c) That he is not a law abiding Jew anyway, so his vow doesn't count.
(d) That there are other ways besides hate to fulfill that vow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joel suggests that he might go live on the mountain, what does Daniel tell him.
2. To what does Daniel attribute Leah's recent improvement?
3. Where does Daniel go and leave Leah alone for one night?
4. Why does Daniel go to Capernaum?
5. What news does Joel bring one night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joel disguise himself to gather the information Rosh wants?
2. When Joel is rescued, what tragic things happen?
3. Tell how Daniel and Leah are healed at the same time.
4. What happens after Leah's goat dies?
5. Describe how Rosh justifies robbing the rich Jews in Capernaum.
6. When Daniel returns from Nathan's wedding, what does Leah do?
7. How does Daniel become a real leader?
8. Describe the scene when Daniel learns where the fruit came from.
9. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
10. After the night of the festival, what realization comes to Daniel?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)