|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Simon say keeps people from happiness and fulfillment?
(a) Fear and hate.
(b) Work and play.
(c) Poverty and disease.
(d) Time and tide.
2. To what does Daniel attribute Leah's recent improvement?
(a) Her new blue dress.
(b) The stories he tells her about Jesus.
(c) A new baby goat.
(d) Thacia's visits.
3. Why do Daniel and Joel leave Leah in the shop?
(a) There is someone Daniel wants Joel to meet.
(b) It is too hot for a girl outside.
(c) She will return to Capernaum before they get back.
(d) Thacia can sell things while they are gone.
4. Why does it take so long for Thacia and Joktan to come to the village?
(a) The message was taken by a servant who forgot to give it to Thacia.
(b) They didn't believe Daniel's message.
(c) They went looking for Jesus to bring him to Leah.
(d) They had difficulty reading the message on a piece of pottery.
5. Why does Daniel walk away and not follow Jesus?
(a) Jesus wants him to learn how to fish.
(b) Jesus wants him to collect taxes.
(c) Jesus asks him to give up his hate.
(d) Jesus wants too much money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did they know it was Rosh who had committed the robberies?
2. Who is throwing a big banquet in Capernaum?
3. When Daniel accidentally meets up with Jesus, what does he tell him?
4. Why is Daniel ashamed of himself?
5. What surprise does Daniel find when he and Joel return to the shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene when Daniel learns where the fruit came from.
2. When Joel is rescued, what tragic things happen?
3. Why does Daniel not go and follow Jesus?
4. What does Daniel want Joel to do instead of joining Rosh?
5. What unusual thing happens when Thacia comes to visit?
6. When Daniel returns from Nathan's wedding, what does Leah do?
7. Why does Daniel continue to go back to Capernaum?
8. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
9. How does Daniel discover that Rosh is not loyal to his men?
10. Describe how Rosh justifies robbing the rich Jews in Capernaum.
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)