|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Leah asks more and more questions, Daniel is forced to think about many things. How does he see it affecting him?
(a) Like the way Jesus' teaching has been affecting Joel.
(b) Like he needs to become a teacher and open a school.
(c) Like he no longer hates Romans.
(d) Like he really doesn't know much himself about the world.
2. When Jesus invites Daniel to follow him, how does Daniel react?
(a) He wants to know what milliary rank he will be given.
(b) He tells Jesus he can't because of Leah.
(c) He is immediately excited and wants to go.
(d) He thinks it is a bad idea.
3. Why do Daniel and Joel leave Leah in the shop?
(a) It is too hot for a girl outside.
(b) There is someone Daniel wants Joel to meet.
(c) Thacia can sell things while they are gone.
(d) She will return to Capernaum before they get back.
4. What does Daniel think about as he throws himself into his work?
(a) The blond Roman soldier.
5. Why does Rosh suddenly allow some of the boys from the village to join his group?
(a) The caravans are more guarded and Rosh is losing his men.
(b) The boys might tell the Romans where he is if Rosh does not admit them.
(c) The boys have now grown old enough.
(d) The boys are now well trained in warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Leah withdraw again?
2. Why is Daniel ashamed of himself?
3. Daniel returns to Ketzah thinking that he has only two allies. What are they?
4. Where does Daniel insist that Joel go?
5. What is Rosh's reaction to the news of Joel's situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the night of the festival, what realization comes to Daniel?
2. How does Daniel's work in the blacksmith shop change?
3. How does Daniel become a real leader?
4. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
5. Why does Daniel not go and follow Jesus?
6. How does Joel disguise himself to gather the information Rosh wants?
7. Why does Rosh change his mind about allowing the village boys to join his group?
8. Back at the cave for a night, what troubles Daniel as he tries to sleep?
9. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
10. Why does Daniel plan to go to Capernaum for the Festival of the Day of Atonement?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)