|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Daniel is cutting Joel's bonds, something hits him and he passes out. How is he saved?
(a) Samson carries him and Joel away.
(b) Daniel comes to quickly and gets Joel away.
(c) Nathan puts himself between Daniel and Joel and the soldiers.
(d) The other boys come to his rescue.
2. When Daniel accidentally meets up with Jesus, what does he tell him?
(a) How he and his friends rescued Joel.
(b) That he wants to hear Jesus call for an army.
(c) His complete story.
(d) That simon the Zealot is his friend.
3. Why does Daniel have trouble getting to sleep that night?
(a) Rosh makes him stand watch part of the night.
(b) He keeps worrying about Leah.
(c) He is trying to figure out how he can return full time.
(d) He is uncomfortable on the ground now that he is used to having a soft bed.
4. What does Daniel do when he returns home?
(a) Goes up on the roof because Leah is sleeping.
(b) Tells Leah all about the festival and the dancing.
(c) Tells Leah that it was boring.
(d) Makes Leah prepare him some supper.
5. What words of Jesus does Daniel keep thinking about?
(a) The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
(b) Those who live by the sword will perish by the sword.
(c) Love your neighbor as yourself.
(d) Time and tide wait for no man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Leah and Daniel not see the beauty when spring comes?
2. Why does Jairus, a ruler of the synagogue, come to see Jesus?
3. What do the Romans leave by the side of the road?
4. What does Thacia tell Daniel about his spoken vow?
5. When Leah asks about the crowds that go see Jesus, Daniel asks if she would like to go. What does she do?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the night of the festival, what realization comes to Daniel?
2. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
3. Why does Daniel not go and follow Jesus?
4. What unusual thing happens when Thacia comes to visit?
5. Why are Daniel and Joktan experienced in launching ambushes?
6. Why does Rosh change his mind about allowing the village boys to join his group?
7. What does Daniel want Joel to do instead of joining Rosh?
8. How does Daniel discover that Rosh is not loyal to his men?
9. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
10. What makes Daniel begin to question Rosh's intentions?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)