|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Joel bring one night?
(a) Thacia is getting married.
(b) His father, Hezron, is dead.
(c) He has left home and will not return.
(d) The Romans have captured Rosh.
2. Who does Daniel see at the well?
(a) Thacia and Joktan.
(b) Jesus and Simon.
(c) Rosh and Ebol.
(d) Marcus, the Roman soldier.
3. Why does Daniel become so angry with Leah?
(a) Because she goes outside when he is not there.
(b) Because she hates Joel.
(c) Because she has been talking to the Roman soldier.
(d) Because she will not make his supper.
4. What happens to Samson?
(a) He is hit with a spear and will die soon.
(b) He runs away back to the mountain.
(c) He will now go to the gallies where he was going before.
(d) He falls down the cliff and breaks his neck.
5. What makes Leah withdraw again?
(a) When the Roman soldiers ride by.
(b) When there is a loud knock at the door.
(c) When Joel enters the room.
(d) When Thacia stands up to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the mountain with Daniel?
2. When Jesus invites Daniel to follow him, how does Daniel react?
3. How did they know it was Rosh who had committed the robberies?
4. What does Simon say keeps people from happiness and fulfillment?
5. The next day, what is everyone talking about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rosh change his mind about allowing the village boys to join his group?
2. How does Daniel's work in the blacksmith shop change?
3. How does Daniel discover that Rosh is not loyal to his men?
4. Why are Daniel and Joktan experienced in launching ambushes?
5. How does Daniel become a real leader?
6. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
7. Why does Daniel not go and follow Jesus?
8. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
9. When Joel is rescued, what tragic things happen?
10. After the night of the festival, what realization comes to Daniel?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)