|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stirs Leah out of the corner during the night?
(a) A rat that comes for the bread.
(b) Daniel telling stories of their childhood.
(c) The small fire Daniel lights.
(d) A snake that drops from the ceiling.
2. What was Daniel's father trying to do when he was caught and executed?
(a) Helping people avoid paying their taxes.
(b) Form an army to fight the Romans.
(c) Putting poison in the Roman's wine.
(d) Get Daniel's uncle out of jail.
3. Where is Daniel from?
4. What stirs up Daniel's hatred while Jesus is speaking to the crowd?
(a) The smell of the rough crowd.
(b) The sight of a Roman cross being carried by.
(c) Two Roman soldiers who walk up to listen.
(d) The noise that makes it hard to hear.
5. What password do the four boys select for the army they are forming to take to Rosh?
(a) One for all and all for one.
(b) Green pastures.
(c) The mountaintop.
(d) The bronze bow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Simon's message for Daniel?
2. How does Daniel react when the soldier kicks out at him?
3. What does Joel tell Daniel about Rosh?
4. What is a message written on that Ebol brings to Daniel?
5. The grandmother's house is falling down. Where do Leah and Daniel go to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daniel do while he watches beside his grandmother?
2. What is it that Jesus tells the people to do that Simon and Daniel do not quite understand.
3. When Daniel recognizes Joel and Thacia, how does he feel about them?
4. What is the result of the argument Daniel has with Joel's father?
5. What is odd about the young Roman soldier who keeps showing up at the blacksmith shop?
6. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
7. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
8. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
9. Why did Nathan's friends beat up Nathan?
10. Watching Joel and his sister on the side of the mountain, what memories come back to Daniel?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)