|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name do they give the black man?
(d) Black hulk.
2. What does Simon bring for Daniel?
(a) Garden vegetables.
(b) A clean cloak.
(c) A bar of soap.
(d) Some books.
3. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
(a) They both come from the same city.
(b) Both hate the Romans and want to drive them out.
(c) They are both blacksmiths.
(d) They both know Daniel's grandmother.
4. What does Daniel tell Joel and Thacia that he has not even told anyone at the cave?
(a) About his pet goat.
(b) About his sister's weaving.
(c) About his mother and father.
(d) About his running away from Amelek.
5. Where is Daniel from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thacia do for Daniel?
2. Who comes looking for Daniel?
3. What kind of pack train is the one Joel sees on the first day?
4. What reason does Hezron say the Jews of Capernaum should be grateful to the Romans?
5. Of what does Rosh accuse Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daniel continue to go back to Capernaum?
2. Describe how Rosh justifies robbing the rich Jews in Capernaum.
3. How is Malthace different after she sees Daniel has been wounded?
4. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
5. Why did Nathan's friends beat up Nathan?
6. Why does Daniel plan to go to Capernaum for the Festival of the Day of Atonement?
7. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
8. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
9. What makes Daniel begin to question Rosh's intentions?
10. When the grandmother is dying, no one will try to enter the house. Why?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)