|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What password do the four boys select for the army they are forming to take to Rosh?
(a) The bronze bow.
(b) Green pastures.
(c) The mountaintop.
(d) One for all and all for one.
2. What is Daniel's problem with the Jewish merchants in the city?
(a) They joke and talk with the soldiers.
(b) They overcharge for their goods.
(c) They refuse to look at him because of his clothes.
(d) They will not give alms to the poor who come by.
3. Why does Daniel not resent giving the Roman's horse a drink of water?
(a) He sees the animal is hot and tired.
(b) He is afraid of horses.
(c) He has not yet realized that the rider is a Roman.
(d) This Roman seems different from the others.
4. Why does Daniel feel ashamed?
(a) He never tried to let anyone know he was all right.
(b) He has no clothes to wear back to the village.
(c) He does not really want to go see his grandmother and sister.
(d) He does not know how to ask Rosh if he can leave.
5. How does Joel get injured?
(a) Rosh hits him.
(b) A mule kicks him.
(c) The big black man hits him.
(d) He falls down the mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosh want Daniel to do as a favor to him?
2. What does Daniel reflect on about Rosh's business?
3. How do Simon and Rosh differ?
4. What does Daniel tell Joel everyone will know one day?
5. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does Daniel's kindness have on Samson?
2. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
3. What does Leah think after Daniel returns.
4. What is it that Jesus tells the people to do that Simon and Daniel do not quite understand.
5. What does Daniel do while he watches beside his grandmother?
6. When the grandmother is dying, no one will try to enter the house. Why?
7. As the figures approach, Daniel understands that they are brother and sister. How?
8. What is Rosh's reaction to finding Joel there after the ambush?
9. Joel follows Daniel into the ambush of a caravan. What are they after?
10. How does Daniel begin to feel trapped?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)