|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the blaring trumpet?
(a) It means there is a concert in the village square.
(b) It means there is a fire in the village.
(c) It means to get out of the way of Roman soldiers approaching.
(d) It means it is twelve noon.
2. How do Simon and Rosh differ?
(a) Rosh is lazy but Simon works hard.
(b) Rosh is tall and Simon is short.
(c) They come from different parts of the country.
(d) They have different ideas about how to get rid of the Romans.
3. Does listening to Jesus speak have any affect on Daniel?
(a) None whatsoever.
(b) It changes his life.
(c) It makes him question Rosh.
(d) Only for a brief moment.
4. What does Leah tell her pet goat?
(a) That Daniel will not barbecue it.
(b) That Daniel has come home to protect them.
(c) That her grandmother will probably die now.
(d) That she doesn't know who that strange boy is.
5. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
(a) She takes him to a place to wait for Joel.
(b) She begs him to leave and never return.
(c) She welcomes him and gives him a drink.
(d) She faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Rosh accuse Daniel?
2. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
3. Who rescued Daniel on the mountain years ago?
4. What is a message written on that Ebol brings to Daniel?
5. What does Daniel think regarding his relationship to Joel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
2. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
3. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
4. What is odd about the young Roman soldier who keeps showing up at the blacksmith shop?
5. What does Leah think after Daniel returns.
6. What troubles Daniel about robbing the old man who pretends he is a begger?
7. Joel follows Daniel into the ambush of a caravan. What are they after?
8. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
9. How does Daniel begin to feel trapped?
10. Watching Joel and his sister on the side of the mountain, what memories come back to Daniel?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)