|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel do to win the devotion and friendship of the black man?
(a) He frees him from his shackles.
(b) He feeds him.
(c) He teaches him to talk.
(d) He gives him some new clothes.
2. Who cared for Daniel and Leah after their parents died?
(a) They took care of themselves.
(b) The people of the village.
(c) Their uncle and his wife.
(d) Their grandmother.
3. What does Daniel recite to Leah and his grandmother just before she dies?
(a) Some his own poetry.
(b) The passage he learned from Joel.
(c) The sermon he heard the carpenter speak.
(d) The twenty-third psalm.
4. Who does Joel bring to Daniel?
5. How do they get Leah out of the old house and into Simon's house?
(a) By putting a bag over her head so she cannot see.
(b) By taking her goat away from her.
(c) In a liter that is completely veiled.
(d) Kidnapping her at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Daniel return to Ketzah?
2. What is Rosh's attitude when Daniel goes to tell him he now has to stay in the village?
3. What does Rosh want Daniel to do as a favor to him?
4. What password do the four boys select for the army they are forming to take to Rosh?
5. Why does Daniel decide to return to Capernaum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joel's real reason for climbing the mountain?
2. Joel follows Daniel into the ambush of a caravan. What are they after?
3. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
4. Describe the grandmother's house.
5. What troubles Daniel about robbing the old man who pretends he is a begger?
6. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
7. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
8. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
9. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
10. How is Malthace different after she sees Daniel has been wounded?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)