|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Simon and Rosh differ?
(a) They have different ideas about how to get rid of the Romans.
(b) Rosh is tall and Simon is short.
(c) Rosh is lazy but Simon works hard.
(d) They come from different parts of the country.
2. Who comes looking for Daniel?
(a) Simon, the blacksmith who helped Daniel.
(b) Amelek, the blacksmith who beat Daniel.
(c) The Roman Legionnaires.
(d) Joel and Thrace.
3. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
(a) She welcomes him and gives him a drink.
(b) She faints.
(c) She takes him to a place to wait for Joel.
(d) She begs him to leave and never return.
4. Why can Daniel not get the parts he needs from Simon?
(a) Simon is angry with Daniel for not returning to care for his relatives.
(b) Simon's shop is locked up and he has left the village.
(c) Simon will not give him parts for Rosh.
(d) Simon does not have the parts Daniel needs.
5. What does Rosh want Daniel to do as a favor to him?
(a) Go back to Capernaum and steal from Joel's house.
(b) Teach Samson that he must obey Rosh.
(c) Make him a suit of armor.
(d) Repair a dagger that is special to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Daniel from?
2. What causes Thacia to change her attitude to Daniel?
3. What does Daniel tell Joel and Thacia that he has not even told anyone at the cave?
4. How does Joel get injured?
5. What is Daniel like as he enters Capernaum?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
2. How does Daniel's work in the blacksmith shop change?
3. As the story begins, describe Daniel bar Jamin, where he is, and what he is doing.
4. What is odd about the young Roman soldier who keeps showing up at the blacksmith shop?
5. Describe Daniel's journey back to the mountain from Joel's house.
6. How does Joel disguise himself to gather the information Rosh wants?
7. Describe the scene when Daniel learns where the fruit came from.
8. Tell what Simon said he saw in Nazareth.
9. What happens when Malthace sees Daniel back at her door?
10. What does Daniel think to do after he sees how delighted Leah is with the girdle?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)