|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they get Leah out of the old house and into Simon's house?
(a) In a liter that is completely veiled.
(b) Kidnapping her at night.
(c) By taking her goat away from her.
(d) By putting a bag over her head so she cannot see.
2. Why do Joel and his sister Malthace come to the mountain?
(a) They want to see the view of the land below.
(b) Joel is running away from a Roman Legionnaire.
(c) Malthace is looking for special herbs for healing.
(d) Joel has heard an army is being formed there to fight the Romans.
3. What political conflict is going on at the time of this story?
(a) Conflict between youth and their elders.
(b) Conflict between Rosh and the Romans.
(c) Conflict between the Jews and the Romans.
(d) Conflict between the rich and the poor.
4. What does Simon suggest after the grandmother dies?
(a) That Daniel find someone to take care of Leah.
(b) That Daniel take over his blacksmith shop in Ketzah.
(c) That Daniel get a job as tax collector.
(d) That Daniel come with him to follow the carpenter.
5. Who rescued Daniel on the mountain years ago?
Short Answer Questions
1. What killed Daniel's mother?
2. How is Samson useful to the camp?
3. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
4. Why does Daniel feel ashamed?
5. Why do they now have twice as much water in the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
2. Describe the grandmother's house.
3. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
4. Why do the village men prevent Daniel from yelling curses at the Roman soldiers coming through the town.
5. Tell what Simon said he saw in Nazareth.
6. What does Daniel do while he watches beside his grandmother?
7. What is Rosh's reaction to finding Joel there after the ambush?
8. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
9. As the figures approach, Daniel understands that they are brother and sister. How?
10. What is Joel's real reason for climbing the mountain?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)