|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the last words Daniel ever heard his grandmother say?
(a) Take care of Leah.
(b) I knew it was you.
(c) Where have you been?
(d) Daniel, you've come.
2. After Rosh chastises Daniel, what does Daniel do?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He takes his anger out on Samson.
(c) He goes to work hard at his anvil.
(d) He goes off by himself and cries.
3. What does Daniel tell Joel and Thacia that he has not even told anyone at the cave?
(a) About his mother and father.
(b) About his running away from Amelek.
(c) About his sister's weaving.
(d) About his pet goat.
4. How do they get Leah out of the old house and into Simon's house?
(a) In a liter that is completely veiled.
(b) Kidnapping her at night.
(c) By taking her goat away from her.
(d) By putting a bag over her head so she cannot see.
5. The grandmother's house is falling down. Where do Leah and Daniel go to live?
(a) In the garden behind the blacksmith shop.
(b) In a tent Daniel puts up near the blacksmith shop.
(c) With relatives who live next to the blacksmith shop.
(d) Simon's house that is attached to his blacksmith shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the soldier able to do to Daniel?
2. Who rescued Daniel on the mountain years ago?
3. What does the book Joel reads seem to say?
4. Who comes to the blacksmith shop to have a scythe repaired?
5. As Daniel is recovering, Joel reads to him from what book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Daniel's journey back to the mountain from Joel's house.
2. What happens when Malthace sees Daniel back at her door?
3. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
4. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
5. Joel follows Daniel into the ambush of a caravan. What are they after?
6. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
7. When Daniel gets restless on the mountain, where does he decide he wants to go?
8. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
9. When Daniel recognizes Joel and Thacia, how does he feel about them?
10. What is the result of the argument Daniel has with Joel's father?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)