|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The grandmother's house is falling down. Where do Leah and Daniel go to live?
(a) In the garden behind the blacksmith shop.
(b) In a tent Daniel puts up near the blacksmith shop.
(c) With relatives who live next to the blacksmith shop.
(d) Simon's house that is attached to his blacksmith shop.
2. Why does Daniel have to go down to the village?
(a) Rosh wants him to go find new recruits.
(b) He needs to check on his grandmother and sister.
(c) He gets another message from Simon.
(d) He does not have the parts he needs to make Rosh's repairs.
3. Why does Joel insist on staying near Daniel when the pack train is coming?
(a) He thinks Daniel is lying to him.
(b) He hopes to get some of the gold.
(c) He thinks Rosh is nearby and wants to meet him.
(d) He wants to see the large black man.
4. Who is waiting for Daniel when he gets back to the mountain?
5. When Daniel finally gets away from the soldiers, where does he go?
(a) Simon's house.
(b) Cephas' house.
(c) Hezron's house.
(d) The Synagogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thacia do for Daniel?
2. How does Joel get injured?
3. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
4. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
5. What does the book Joel reads seem to say?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the grandmother is dying, no one will try to enter the house. Why?
2. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
3. What does Leah think after Daniel returns.
4. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
5. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
6. Tell what Simon said he saw in Nazareth.
7. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
8. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
9. What is the result of the argument Daniel has with Joel's father?
10. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)