|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daniel like as he enters Capernaum?
(a) He is like a tourist who has never been to the city before.
(b) He is like a young prince who belongs in the city.
(c) He is like a thief, hiding in the shadows.
(d) He is like a child who is lost and cannot find his mother.
2. Why do two men stop Daniel as the soldiers pass by?
(a) If the soldiers get angry, they might destroy the village.
(b) They are not yet ready to attack the Roman army.
(c) They are Roman citizens.
(d) They do not want the soldiers to find aout about Rosh.
3. How does Daniel know that Rosh had him watched during the robbery?
(a) Rosh knows that Daniel did not return with both of the old man's daggers.
(b) Rosh tells him that he had him watched.
(c) Daniel heard voices on the mountainside but did not see anyone.
(d) Samson tells him using sign language.
4. What stirs Leah out of the corner during the night?
(a) The small fire Daniel lights.
(b) A rat that comes for the bread.
(c) A snake that drops from the ceiling.
(d) Daniel telling stories of their childhood.
5. What does Daniel decide to do that night?
(a) To return to the mountain.
(b) To buy Simon's blacksmith shop.
(c) To go to Capernaum to find Joel.
(d) To kill his first Roman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Daniel live on the mountain before meeting Joel and Malthace?
2. What does Joel tell Daniel about Rosh?
3. For the second time, Daniel finds himself waiting for someone. Who?
4. Who cared for Daniel and Leah after their parents died?
5. What is Simon's message for Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is odd about the young Roman soldier who keeps showing up at the blacksmith shop?
2. Describe the grandmother's house.
3. What is the result of the argument Daniel has with Joel's father?
4. What troubles Daniel about robbing the old man who pretends he is a begger?
5. Discuss the symbolism of Daniel hammering flaws out of the hot iron.
6. The grandmother's house is about to fall down. Where do Daniel and Leah go to live?
7. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
8. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
9. Why did Nathan's friends beat up Nathan?
10. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)