|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daniel have to go down to the village?
(a) He needs to check on his grandmother and sister.
(b) He does not have the parts he needs to make Rosh's repairs.
(c) He gets another message from Simon.
(d) Rosh wants him to go find new recruits.
2. How do Simon and Rosh differ?
(a) Rosh is tall and Simon is short.
(b) Rosh is lazy but Simon works hard.
(c) They have different ideas about how to get rid of the Romans.
(d) They come from different parts of the country.
3. Who is waiting for Daniel when he gets back to the mountain?
4. What were the last words Daniel ever heard his grandmother say?
(a) Take care of Leah.
(b) Where have you been?
(c) Daniel, you've come.
(d) I knew it was you.
5. Some people do not have a high opinion of Rosh. What do they think he is?
(a) A bandit who robs everyone.
(b) A Roman soldier who deserted.
(c) A coward who is only in hiding.
(d) A myth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
2. What does Rosh want Daniel to do as a favor to him?
3. Why does Daniel feel ashamed?
4. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
5. What is Rosh's attitude when Daniel goes to tell him he now has to stay in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it that Jesus tells the people to do that Simon and Daniel do not quite understand.
2. What is Rosh's reaction to finding Joel there after the ambush?
3. Discuss the symbolism of Daniel hammering flaws out of the hot iron.
4. Describe Daniel's journey back to the mountain from Joel's house.
5. The grandmother's house is about to fall down. Where do Daniel and Leah go to live?
6. What is the result of the argument Daniel has with Joel's father?
7. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
8. What is odd about the young Roman soldier who keeps showing up at the blacksmith shop?
9. What does Daniel do while he watches beside his grandmother?
10. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)