|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel think when a Roman soldier keeps coming back to his shop?
(a) That he and his friends are being watched by the Romans.
(b) That they think he is the boy who insulted the soldier in Capernaum.
(c) That the Romans are trying to kidnap Leah.
(d) That they are trying to make him lose his temper.
2. How does Daniel react to the sight of the Roman soldiers?
(a) He starts crying, thinking about his parents.
(b) He runs for cover.
(c) He begins to yell curses at them.
(d) He thinks about joining them.
3. What warning does Simon give Daniel before leaving him in charge of the shop?
(a) He must be civil to the Romans for the sake of the entire village.
(b) He must be careful to pay his taxes on time.
(c) He must keep in touch with Rosh.
(d) He must never be seen doing any work for the Romans.
4. What was Daniel's father trying to do when he was caught and executed?
(a) Form an army to fight the Romans.
(b) Get Daniel's uncle out of jail.
(c) Helping people avoid paying their taxes.
(d) Putting poison in the Roman's wine.
5. Why did Daniel run away from Ketzah in the first place?
(a) His master beat him every day.
(b) His girlfriend married another man.
(c) He threw stones at Roman soldiers and they were looking for him.
(d) His grandmother threw him out of her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does listening to Jesus speak have any affect on Daniel?
2. How is he useful to Daniel?
3. Why does Daniel leave Hezron's house suddenly?
4. What is the only thing that bothers him about leaving the village?
5. What two things make Daniel wait after knocking the old man unconscious?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
2. How is Malthace different after she sees Daniel has been wounded?
3. What does Leah think after Daniel returns.
4. Tell what Simon said he saw in Nazareth.
5. Why did Nathan's friends beat up Nathan?
6. What is it that Jesus tells the people to do that Simon and Daniel do not quite understand.
7. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
8. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
9. What is Joel's real reason for climbing the mountain?
10. What does Daniel do while he watches beside his grandmother?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)