|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stirs Leah out of the corner during the night?
(a) The small fire Daniel lights.
(b) Daniel telling stories of their childhood.
(c) A snake that drops from the ceiling.
(d) A rat that comes for the bread.
2. Who comes looking for Daniel?
(a) The Roman Legionnaires.
(b) Simon, the blacksmith who helped Daniel.
(c) Joel and Thrace.
(d) Amelek, the blacksmith who beat Daniel.
3. How does Daniel know that Rosh had him watched during the robbery?
(a) Rosh knows that Daniel did not return with both of the old man's daggers.
(b) Samson tells him using sign language.
(c) Daniel heard voices on the mountainside but did not see anyone.
(d) Rosh tells him that he had him watched.
4. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
(a) People will fear Daniel because he is so dirty.
(b) There is no water for bathing in the village.
(c) By the time they arrived, it will already be the Sabbath.
(d) If Daniel doesn't wash, his grandmother will not recognize him.
5. What does Joel tell Daniel about Rosh?
(a) That Rosh gives money to schools and synagogues.
(b) That every school boy thinks he is a hero.
(c) That Rosh came to recruit at his school.
(d) That all the school boys know his name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning does Simon give Daniel before leaving him in charge of the shop?
2. What stirs up Daniel's hatred while Jesus is speaking to the crowd?
3. How is Simon brought into the camp?
4. How is he useful to Daniel?
5. What does Daniel think when a Roman soldier keeps coming back to his shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Malthace sees Daniel back at her door?
2. How is Malthace different after she sees Daniel has been wounded?
3. When Daniel recognizes Joel and Thacia, how does he feel about them?
4. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
5. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
6. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
7. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
8. How does Daniel begin to feel trapped?
9. What trouble does Daniel get into at the well in Capernaum?
10. Describe Daniel's journey back to the mountain from Joel's house.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)