|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the soldier able to do to Daniel?
(a) Push him off a cliff.
(b) Hit him in the side with his spear.
(c) Chase him up a tree.
(d) Outrun him.
2. As Daniel is recovering, Joel reads to him from what book?
3. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
(a) By the time they arrived, it will already be the Sabbath.
(b) If Daniel doesn't wash, his grandmother will not recognize him.
(c) There is no water for bathing in the village.
(d) People will fear Daniel because he is so dirty.
4. Who is waiting for Daniel when he gets back to the mountain?
5. What causes Thacia to change her attitude to Daniel?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) Joel returns and scolds her severely.
(c) He passes out and she discovers that he is wounded.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stirs up Daniel's hatred while Jesus is speaking to the crowd?
2. How does Daniel finally get back to the cave?
3. For the second time, Daniel finds himself waiting for someone. Who?
4. Of what does Rosh accuse Daniel?
5. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Daniel gets restless on the mountain, where does he decide he wants to go?
2. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
3. What is Rosh's reaction to finding Joel there after the ambush?
4. When Daniel recognizes Joel and Thacia, how does he feel about them?
5. Tell what Simon said he saw in Nazareth.
6. What is odd about the young Roman soldier who keeps showing up at the blacksmith shop?
7. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
8. Why did Nathan's friends beat up Nathan?
9. When the grandmother is dying, no one will try to enter the house. Why?
10. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)