Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most people think that someone is doing on the mountain?
(a) Hiding from the law.
(b) Setting up a new government.
(c) Raising an army to fight the Romans.
(d) Manning a look out post.
2. Why do Joel and his sister Malthace come to the mountain?
(a) Joel has heard an army is being formed there to fight the Romans.
(b) Malthace is looking for special herbs for healing.
(c) They want to see the view of the land below.
(d) Joel is running away from a Roman Legionnaire.
3. What password do the four boys select for the army they are forming to take to Rosh?
(a) The bronze bow.
(b) Green pastures.
(c) The mountaintop.
(d) One for all and all for one.
4. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
(a) He forgot to bring along extra clothes.
(b) He is afraid of his father.
(c) He has to take his sister back down the mountain.
(d) His responsibilities to his family.
5. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
(a) To hear the carpenter's son in the synagogue.
(b) To go fishing.
(c) To help him in the blacksmith shop.
(d) To see if he is all right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
2. Who is waiting for Daniel when he gets back to the mountain?
3. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
4. What story did Simon tell Daniel about Jesus?
5. Why does Daniel have to go down to the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
2. How does Daniel's work in the blacksmith shop change?
3. Describe the scene when Daniel learns where the fruit came from.
4. What happens when Malthace sees Daniel back at her door?
5. How is Malthace different after she sees Daniel has been wounded?
6. When Daniel gets restless on the mountain, where does he decide he wants to go?
7. When Daniel recognizes Joel and Thacia, how does he feel about them?
8. What is it that Jesus tells the people to do that Simon and Daniel do not quite understand.
9. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
10. What are the signs that Leah might be improving around the same time that Daniel goes to the festival?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)