|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he confronts the soldier, Daniel does the only thing he can. What is that?
(a) Jump into the well.
(d) Steal a horse and ride toward the mountain.
2. Why can Daniel not get the parts he needs from Simon?
(a) Simon's shop is locked up and he has left the village.
(b) Simon will not give him parts for Rosh.
(c) Simon does not have the parts Daniel needs.
(d) Simon is angry with Daniel for not returning to care for his relatives.
3. What is the only thing that bothers him about leaving the village?
(a) Not having a torch to carry.
(b) The fear that Rosh will send him away.
(c) That Simon will come after him again.
(d) His concern for Leah.
4. After Rosh chastises Daniel, what does Daniel do?
(a) He goes off by himself and cries.
(b) He goes to work hard at his anvil.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He takes his anger out on Samson.
5. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
(a) She begs him to leave and never return.
(b) She welcomes him and gives him a drink.
(c) She faints.
(d) She takes him to a place to wait for Joel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Restless on the mountain, what does Daniel want to do?
2. What do most people think that someone is doing on the mountain?
3. Who comes to the blacksmith shop to have a scythe repaired?
4. What is the significance of the blaring trumpet?
5. As Daniel is recovering, Joel reads to him from what book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Daniel do while he watches beside his grandmother?
2. What is the result of the argument Daniel has with Joel's father?
3. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
4. When the grandmother is dying, no one will try to enter the house. Why?
5. The grandmother's house is about to fall down. Where do Daniel and Leah go to live?
6. Describe the grandmother's house.
7. What is Rosh's reaction to finding Joel there after the ambush?
8. Joel follows Daniel into the ambush of a caravan. What are they after?
9. What does Leah think after Daniel returns.
10. As the story begins, describe Daniel bar Jamin, where he is, and what he is doing.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)