|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some people do not have a high opinion of Rosh. What do they think he is?
(a) A myth.
(b) A bandit who robs everyone.
(c) A coward who is only in hiding.
(d) A Roman soldier who deserted.
2. What does Simon bring for Daniel?
(a) Garden vegetables.
(b) Some books.
(c) A clean cloak.
(d) A bar of soap.
3. What does Daniel think when a Roman soldier keeps coming back to his shop?
(a) That they are trying to make him lose his temper.
(b) That they think he is the boy who insulted the soldier in Capernaum.
(c) That he and his friends are being watched by the Romans.
(d) That the Romans are trying to kidnap Leah.
4. What two things make Daniel wait after knocking the old man unconscious?
(a) He might hold the old man for ransom or steal his clothes.
(b) The old man may have more gold and Daniel may have to kill him.
(c) The old man is a Jew and he is old and unarmed.
(d) The old man may die if Daniel does not help him, and Daniel is sorry he attacked the man.
5. What reason does Hezron say the Jews of Capernaum should be grateful to the Romans?
(a) They post a guard around the synagogue.
(b) They do not come to the city often.
(c) They have converted to the Jewish religion.
(d) They built the beautiful synagogue there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daniel's problem with the Jewish merchants in the city?
2. What is Rosh's attitude when Daniel goes to tell him he now has to stay in the village?
3. Why does Daniel leave Hezron's house suddenly?
4. Where does Daniel finally find Joel's house?
5. How does Daniel finally get back to the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Joel is rescued, what tragic things happen?
2. Tell what Simon said he saw in Nazareth.
3. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
4. What happens during Daniel's next conversation with Jesus?
5. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
6. What is Rosh's reaction to finding Joel there after the ambush?
7. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
8. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
9. How does Daniel discover that Rosh is not loyal to his men?
10. What in Rosh's behavior gives some indication that he is not the hero Daniel thinks he is?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)