|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel witness that makes him vow revenge on the Romans?
(a) The abduction of his sister.
(b) The burning of Ketzah.
(c) The destruction of his grandmother's house.
(d) The crucifixion of his father and the death of his mother.
2. How does Daniel overpower the caravan man who Daniel is supposed to take out?
(a) He takes him out with an arrow.
(b) He twists his arm behind his back and takes away his dagger.
(c) He hits him in the head with a rock.
(d) He has a sword fight with him.
3. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
(a) To see if he is all right.
(b) To go fishing.
(c) To hear the carpenter's son in the synagogue.
(d) To help him in the blacksmith shop.
4. What story did Simon tell Daniel about Jesus?
(a) How Jesus walked on water.
(b) How they tried to kill him in Nazareth.
(c) How 5,000 people were fed by Jesus.
(d) How a blind mand was made to see.
5. What name do they give the black man?
(d) Black hulk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the book Joel reads seem to say?
2. What political conflict is going on at the time of this story?
3. Who comes to the blacksmith shop to have a scythe repaired?
4. What is Joel's explanation to Daniel for Thacia's strange behavior?
5. What does Daniel tell Joel everyone will know one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the figures approach, Daniel understands that they are brother and sister. How?
2. What is Rosh's reaction to finding Joel there after the ambush?
3. What does Daniel do while he watches beside his grandmother?
4. What is odd about the young Roman soldier who keeps showing up at the blacksmith shop?
5. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
6. The grandmother's house is about to fall down. Where do Daniel and Leah go to live?
7. What does Leah think after Daniel returns.
8. What happens when Malthace sees Daniel back at her door?
9. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
10. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)