|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Simon's message for Daniel?
(a) Daniel's sister will not stop crying for her brother.
(b) Daniel's grandmother is dead.
(c) The grandmother's house has fallen down.
(d) Amelek is dead and Daniel can return to the village.
2. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
(a) He hoped Joel would come looking for him.
(b) He thought he might see the carpenter again.
(c) He wanted to live more of the good life.
(d) He was dreading to face Rosh with what he had done.
3. What was Daniel's father trying to do when he was caught and executed?
(a) Form an army to fight the Romans.
(b) Helping people avoid paying their taxes.
(c) Putting poison in the Roman's wine.
(d) Get Daniel's uncle out of jail.
4. Who comes to the blacksmith shop to have a scythe repaired?
(a) A Roman soldier.
5. What does Simon bring for Daniel?
(a) A bar of soap.
(b) A clean cloak.
(c) Garden vegetables.
(d) Some books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
2. How do they get Leah out of the old house and into Simon's house?
3. How does Joel get injured?
4. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
5. Why does Daniel have to go down to the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the story begins, describe Daniel bar Jamin, where he is, and what he is doing.
2. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
3. When Daniel recognizes Joel and Thacia, how does he feel about them?
4. What is odd about the young Roman soldier who keeps showing up at the blacksmith shop?
5. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
6. How does Daniel begin to feel trapped?
7. What trouble does Daniel get into at the well in Capernaum?
8. What is it that Jesus tells the people to do that Simon and Daniel do not quite understand.
9. What happens when Malthace sees Daniel back at her door?
10. What does Leah think after Daniel returns.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)