|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does listening to Jesus speak have any affect on Daniel?
(a) Only for a brief moment.
(b) It makes him question Rosh.
(c) It changes his life.
(d) None whatsoever.
2. What stirs up Daniel's hatred while Jesus is speaking to the crowd?
(a) Two Roman soldiers who walk up to listen.
(b) The smell of the rough crowd.
(c) The sight of a Roman cross being carried by.
(d) The noise that makes it hard to hear.
3. Where is Daniel from?
4. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
(a) In the small room at the top of the house.
(b) In a small passageway out in the store room.
(c) In a shed in the garden.
(d) In Joel's closet.
5. Who is waiting for Daniel when he gets back to the mountain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel reflect on about Rosh's business?
2. Why does Daniel feel ashamed?
3. How is Simon brought into the camp?
4. Who rescued Daniel on the mountain years ago?
5. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
2. How is Malthace different after she sees Daniel has been wounded?
3. When Daniel gets restless on the mountain, where does he decide he wants to go?
4. When the grandmother is dying, no one will try to enter the house. Why?
5. When Daniel recognizes Joel and Thacia, how does he feel about them?
6. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
7. Why does Daniel tell his friends that he ended up as a slave to Amelek?
8. Discuss the symbolism of Daniel hammering flaws out of the hot iron.
9. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
10. What does Leah think after Daniel returns.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)