|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daniel finally find Joel's house?
(a) Next door to the synagogue.
(b) High on a hill overlooking the bay.
(c) Down by the sea of Galilee.
(d) Right in the center of the city.
2. Why do Joel and his sister Malthace come to the mountain?
(a) They want to see the view of the land below.
(b) Joel has heard an army is being formed there to fight the Romans.
(c) Malthace is looking for special herbs for healing.
(d) Joel is running away from a Roman Legionnaire.
3. Why does Daniel not resent giving the Roman's horse a drink of water?
(a) This Roman seems different from the others.
(b) He is afraid of horses.
(c) He sees the animal is hot and tired.
(d) He has not yet realized that the rider is a Roman.
4. How is he useful to Daniel?
(a) Carrying Daniel down the mountain.
(b) Repairing Daniel's clothes.
(c) Hunting for wild game for Daniel to eat.
(d) Keeping the bellows going so Daniel can make steel.
5. Why can Daniel not get the parts he needs from Simon?
(a) Simon does not have the parts Daniel needs.
(b) Simon will not give him parts for Rosh.
(c) Simon's shop is locked up and he has left the village.
(d) Simon is angry with Daniel for not returning to care for his relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simon suggest after the grandmother dies?
2. Who rescued Daniel on the mountain years ago?
3. Does the men of the pack train see the men about to ambush them?
4. As Daniel is recovering, Joel reads to him from what book?
5. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joel's real reason for climbing the mountain?
2. What trouble does Daniel get into at the well in Capernaum?
3. Describe Daniel's journey back to the mountain from Joel's house.
4. When Daniel gets restless on the mountain, where does he decide he wants to go?
5. What troubles Daniel about robbing the old man who pretends he is a begger?
6. Why do the village men prevent Daniel from yelling curses at the Roman soldiers coming through the town.
7. While Daniel is recuperating in Joel's house, how does his relationship with Malthace change?
8. What is the result of the argument Daniel has with Joel's father?
9. Why did Nathan's friends beat up Nathan?
10. What does Daniel do while he watches beside his grandmother?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)