|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daniel's complaint against his countrymen?
(a) They are just like the Romans.
(b) They are always talking but never acting.
(c) They have no ambition.
(d) They don't see anything wrong with the Romans.
2. Of what does Rosh accuse Daniel?
(a) Having the flaw of weakness in his character.
(b) Not really wanting to drive the Romans out of the country.
(c) Being too arrogant for his own good.
(d) Trying to steal from the other men on the mountain.
3. What does Thacia do for Daniel?
(a) Plays music on her harp.
(b) Brings medicine and binds his wound.
(c) Sings him to sleep.
(d) Sees that he has a pillow.
4. What is the symbolism of Daniel beating the flaws out of the hot metal at his anvil?
(a) It symbolizes what he would like to do to a Roman soldier.
(b) He is keeping busy so he doesn't have to think.
(c) He is trying to remove what he sees as flaws in himself.
(d) It symbolizes what he would like to do to Rosh.
5. What warning does Simon give Daniel before leaving him in charge of the shop?
(a) He must never be seen doing any work for the Romans.
(b) He must be civil to the Romans for the sake of the entire village.
(c) He must be careful to pay his taxes on time.
(d) He must keep in touch with Rosh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel decide to do that night?
2. How is he useful to Daniel?
3. What was Daniel's father trying to do when he was caught and executed?
4. Why does Daniel feel ashamed?
5. Who comes looking for Daniel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rosh's reaction to finding Joel there after the ambush?
2. As the story begins, describe Daniel bar Jamin, where he is, and what he is doing.
3. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
4. Discuss the symbolism of Daniel hammering flaws out of the hot iron.
5. Describe the grandmother's house.
6. What is it that Jesus tells the people to do that Simon and Daniel do not quite understand.
7. What is odd about the young Roman soldier who keeps showing up at the blacksmith shop?
8. What trouble does Daniel get into at the well in Capernaum?
9. The grandmother's house is about to fall down. Where do Daniel and Leah go to live?
10. How does Daniel begin to feel trapped?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)