|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joel tell Daniel about Rosh?
(a) That all the school boys know his name.
(b) That Rosh gives money to schools and synagogues.
(c) That every school boy thinks he is a hero.
(d) That Rosh came to recruit at his school.
2. What does Ebol tell Daniel they must take from the passing pack train?
(a) Bags of tea.
(b) The cargo of silk.
(c) A large black man.
(d) All their money.
3. How does Joel persuade Rosh to let him go.
(a) His family is moving to Capernaum.
(b) He will leave his sister there.
(c) He could be a good spy for Rosh in the village.
(d) Nobody ever believes anything he says.
4. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
(a) To see if he is all right.
(b) To hear the carpenter's son in the synagogue.
(c) To help him in the blacksmith shop.
(d) To go fishing.
5. What two things make Daniel wait after knocking the old man unconscious?
(a) The old man is a Jew and he is old and unarmed.
(b) The old man may die if Daniel does not help him, and Daniel is sorry he attacked the man.
(c) The old man may have more gold and Daniel may have to kill him.
(d) He might hold the old man for ransom or steal his clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daniel's complaint against his countrymen?
2. How does Daniel finally get back to the cave?
3. What killed Daniel's mother?
4. How does Daniel know that Rosh had him watched during the robbery?
5. Why do two men stop Daniel as the soldiers pass by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joel's real reason for climbing the mountain?
2. What happens after Leah's goat dies?
3. Why can Daniel not speak with Jesus this time?
4. What effect does Daniel's kindness have on Samson?
5. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
6. What does Leah think after Daniel returns.
7. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
8. How does Daniel discover that Rosh is not loyal to his men?
9. When Daniel returns from Nathan's wedding, what does Leah do?
10. What makes Daniel begin to question Rosh's intentions?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)