|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosh's attitude when Daniel goes to tell him he now has to stay in the village?
(a) He asks if Daniel's worthless sister is more important than his countrymen?
(b) He gives Daniel money for all the work he did for him.
(c) He laughs and says he will help him.
(d) He tells Daniel to take Samson with him for protection.
2. What does Daniel think when a Roman soldier keeps coming back to his shop?
(a) That the Romans are trying to kidnap Leah.
(b) That they are trying to make him lose his temper.
(c) That he and his friends are being watched by the Romans.
(d) That they think he is the boy who insulted the soldier in Capernaum.
3. For the second time, Daniel finds himself waiting for someone. Who?
(b) Simon the Zealot.
(c) The carpenter from Nazareth.
(d) Joel and Thacia.
4. When Daniel finally gets away from the soldiers, where does he go?
(a) The Synagogue.
(b) Hezron's house.
(c) Simon's house.
(d) Cephas' house.
5. How does Daniel know that Rosh had him watched during the robbery?
(a) Rosh knows that Daniel did not return with both of the old man's daggers.
(b) Samson tells him using sign language.
(c) Daniel heard voices on the mountainside but did not see anyone.
(d) Rosh tells him that he had him watched.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do two men stop Daniel as the soldiers pass by?
2. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
3. How is Simon brought into the camp?
4. What does Daniel witness that makes him vow revenge on the Romans?
5. After Rosh chastises Daniel, what does Daniel do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Malthace different after she sees Daniel has been wounded?
2. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
3. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
4. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
5. As the story begins, describe Daniel bar Jamin, where he is, and what he is doing.
6. When Daniel recognizes Joel and Thacia, how does he feel about them?
7. What is odd about the young Roman soldier who keeps showing up at the blacksmith shop?
8. The grandmother's house is about to fall down. Where do Daniel and Leah go to live?
9. When Daniel gets restless on the mountain, where does he decide he wants to go?
10. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)