|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name do they give the black man?
(d) Black hulk.
2. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
(a) In a shed in the garden.
(b) In a small passageway out in the store room.
(c) In Joel's closet.
(d) In the small room at the top of the house.
3. Who comes looking for Daniel?
(a) Simon, the blacksmith who helped Daniel.
(b) The Roman Legionnaires.
(c) Joel and Thrace.
(d) Amelek, the blacksmith who beat Daniel.
4. Why does Daniel have trouble returning to the mountain cave?
(a) He has to go by his village and check on his grandmother and sister.
(b) The Roman soldiers come after him again.
(c) He leaves in the night and gets lost on the way.
(d) He has overestimated his strength when he left Capernaum.
5. After Rosh chastises Daniel, what does Daniel do?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He goes to work hard at his anvil.
(c) He goes off by himself and cries.
(d) He takes his anger out on Samson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Examining the black man, what do the men conclude?
2. What embarrasses Daniel during the meal at Joel's house?
3. How is Samson useful to the camp?
4. What does Leah tell her pet goat?
5. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of the argument Daniel has with Joel's father?
2. What is Rosh's reaction to finding Joel there after the ambush?
3. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
4. When Daniel recognizes Joel and Thacia, how does he feel about them?
5. What effect does Daniel's kindness have on Samson?
6. What troubles Daniel about robbing the old man who pretends he is a begger?
7. Watching Joel and his sister on the side of the mountain, what memories come back to Daniel?
8. As the story begins, describe Daniel bar Jamin, where he is, and what he is doing.
9. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
10. When the grandmother is dying, no one will try to enter the house. Why?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)