|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Daniel from?
2. What does Daniel think when a Roman soldier keeps coming back to his shop?
(a) That the Romans are trying to kidnap Leah.
(b) That they are trying to make him lose his temper.
(c) That they think he is the boy who insulted the soldier in Capernaum.
(d) That he and his friends are being watched by the Romans.
3. How does Daniel react when the soldier kicks out at him?
(a) He curses the soldier.
(b) He throws the bowl and the water at the Roman's face.
(c) He makes a rude gesture.
(d) He slaps the horse and makes it rear up.
4. The grandmother's house is falling down. Where do Leah and Daniel go to live?
(a) In the garden behind the blacksmith shop.
(b) In a tent Daniel puts up near the blacksmith shop.
(c) With relatives who live next to the blacksmith shop.
(d) Simon's house that is attached to his blacksmith shop.
5. What does Joel tell Daniel about Rosh?
(a) That every school boy thinks he is a hero.
(b) That Rosh came to recruit at his school.
(c) That all the school boys know his name.
(d) That Rosh gives money to schools and synagogues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel reflect on about Rosh's business?
2. Why does Daniel not like Nathan at first?
3. Who tries to follow Daniel as he leaves the camp to return to the village?
4. What stirs up Daniel's hatred while Jesus is speaking to the crowd?
5. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the story begins, describe Daniel bar Jamin, where he is, and what he is doing.
2. What is Malthace's attitude when Daniel shows up at her door?
3. What happens when Daniel is listening to the carpenter's son for the second time?
4. Why did Nathan's friends beat up Nathan?
5. When Daniel recognizes Joel and Thacia, how does he feel about them?
6. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
7. What does Daniel do while he watches beside his grandmother?
8. How does Daniel escape the Roman soldiers?
9. What is it that Jesus tells the people to do that Simon and Daniel do not quite understand.
10. What does Leah think after Daniel returns.
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)