|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daniel overpower the caravan man who Daniel is supposed to take out?
(a) He twists his arm behind his back and takes away his dagger.
(b) He takes him out with an arrow.
(c) He has a sword fight with him.
(d) He hits him in the head with a rock.
2. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
(a) She begs him to leave and never return.
(b) She takes him to a place to wait for Joel.
(c) She welcomes him and gives him a drink.
(d) She faints.
3. Why does Joel insist on staying near Daniel when the pack train is coming?
(a) He thinks Daniel is lying to him.
(b) He thinks Rosh is nearby and wants to meet him.
(c) He wants to see the large black man.
(d) He hopes to get some of the gold.
4. How is Samson useful to the camp?
(a) Hauling water and wood.
(b) Rolling rocks down the mountainside.
(c) Standing guard at night.
5. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
(a) The lights of the windows.
(b) The dust his feet kicks up.
(c) The squalor of the village.
(d) The moon reflecting off the roofs.
6. Why does Daniel have to go down to the village?
(a) Rosh wants him to go find new recruits.
(b) He needs to check on his grandmother and sister.
(c) He does not have the parts he needs to make Rosh's repairs.
(d) He gets another message from Simon.
7. What name do they give the black man?
(a) Black hulk.
8. After Rosh chastises Daniel, what does Daniel do?
(a) He goes to work hard at his anvil.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He takes his anger out on Samson.
(d) He goes off by himself and cries.
9. What does Thacia do for Daniel?
(a) Sings him to sleep.
(b) Brings medicine and binds his wound.
(c) Sees that he has a pillow.
(d) Plays music on her harp.
10. What does Daniel think when a Roman soldier keeps coming back to his shop?
(a) That they are trying to make him lose his temper.
(b) That the Romans are trying to kidnap Leah.
(c) That they think he is the boy who insulted the soldier in Capernaum.
(d) That he and his friends are being watched by the Romans.
11. Why do Joel and his sister Malthace come to the mountain?
(a) They want to see the view of the land below.
(b) Joel has heard an army is being formed there to fight the Romans.
(c) Malthace is looking for special herbs for healing.
(d) Joel is running away from a Roman Legionnaire.
12. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
(a) They both come from the same city.
(b) They both know Daniel's grandmother.
(c) Both hate the Romans and want to drive them out.
(d) They are both blacksmiths.
13. What does Ebol tell Daniel they must take from the passing pack train?
(a) A large black man.
(b) All their money.
(c) Bags of tea.
(d) The cargo of silk.
14. Examining the black man, what do the men conclude?
(a) That he is a danger to them.
(b) That he is deaf and mute.
(c) That he is bigger than Rosh.
(d) That he is very intelligent.
15. What does Simon bring for Daniel?
(a) A bar of soap.
(b) A clean cloak.
(c) Some books.
(d) Garden vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel tell Joel everyone will know one day?
2. How does Daniel finally get back to the cave?
3. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
4. Why does he stop on his way out of Capernaum?
5. Restless on the mountain, what does Daniel want to do?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)