|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they get Leah out of the old house and into Simon's house?
(a) By taking her goat away from her.
(b) Kidnapping her at night.
(c) In a liter that is completely veiled.
(d) By putting a bag over her head so she cannot see.
2. What political conflict is going on at the time of this story?
(a) Conflict between the Jews and the Romans.
(b) Conflict between Rosh and the Romans.
(c) Conflict between the rich and the poor.
(d) Conflict between youth and their elders.
3. What stirs up Daniel's hatred while Jesus is speaking to the crowd?
(a) The smell of the rough crowd.
(b) The sight of a Roman cross being carried by.
(c) The noise that makes it hard to hear.
(d) Two Roman soldiers who walk up to listen.
4. What two things make Daniel wait after knocking the old man unconscious?
(a) The old man may die if Daniel does not help him, and Daniel is sorry he attacked the man.
(b) The old man is a Jew and he is old and unarmed.
(c) He might hold the old man for ransom or steal his clothes.
(d) The old man may have more gold and Daniel may have to kill him.
5. Why does Joel insist on staying near Daniel when the pack train is coming?
(a) He hopes to get some of the gold.
(b) He wants to see the large black man.
(c) He thinks Rosh is nearby and wants to meet him.
(d) He thinks Daniel is lying to him.
6. How is he useful to Daniel?
(a) Keeping the bellows going so Daniel can make steel.
(b) Repairing Daniel's clothes.
(c) Carrying Daniel down the mountain.
(d) Hunting for wild game for Daniel to eat.
7. Why do they now have twice as much water in the camp?
(a) They moved the camp nearer the river.
(b) Daniel discovered a spring near the cave.
(c) Samson can carry more water than anyone else.
(d) It has rained a lot in the desert.
8. What does Daniel tell Joel everyone will know one day?
(a) The way to the top of the mountain.
(b) Rosh's name.
(c) Jesus' plan for the new kingdom.
(d) How to kill Romans.
9. What does Rosh want Daniel to do as a favor to him?
(a) Go back to Capernaum and steal from Joel's house.
(b) Teach Samson that he must obey Rosh.
(c) Repair a dagger that is special to him.
(d) Make him a suit of armor.
10. Why does he stop on his way out of Capernaum?
(a) He hears the Romans coming.
(b) He is suddenly very tired.
(c) He is thirsty.
(d) He almost goes back to apologize to Hezron.
11. What do most people think that someone is doing on the mountain?
(a) Setting up a new government.
(b) Raising an army to fight the Romans.
(c) Manning a look out post.
(d) Hiding from the law.
12. Why do Joel and his sister Malthace come to the mountain?
(a) Joel is running away from a Roman Legionnaire.
(b) Malthace is looking for special herbs for healing.
(c) They want to see the view of the land below.
(d) Joel has heard an army is being formed there to fight the Romans.
13. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
(a) She cannot recall having ever seen him before.
(b) She smiles warmly and invites him in.
(c) She stares but does not speak.
(d) She screams for him to go away.
14. What is Simon's message for Daniel?
(a) Amelek is dead and Daniel can return to the village.
(b) Daniel's grandmother is dead.
(c) Daniel's sister will not stop crying for her brother.
(d) The grandmother's house has fallen down.
15. How does Daniel overpower the caravan man who Daniel is supposed to take out?
(a) He has a sword fight with him.
(b) He hits him in the head with a rock.
(c) He takes him out with an arrow.
(d) He twists his arm behind his back and takes away his dagger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel feel ashamed?
2. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
3. Of what does Rosh accuse Daniel?
4. What is the only thing that bothers him about leaving the village?
5. What is Daniel like as he enters Capernaum?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)