|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stirs up Daniel's hatred while Jesus is speaking to the crowd?
(a) The smell of the rough crowd.
(b) Two Roman soldiers who walk up to listen.
(c) The noise that makes it hard to hear.
(d) The sight of a Roman cross being carried by.
2. Why does Daniel not like Nathan at first?
(a) The boy tries to look into the house to see Leah.
(b) The boy is rude.
(c) He learns that his father is a tax collector the the Romans.
(d) The boy brags too much.
3. What does Simon bring for Daniel?
(a) Garden vegetables.
(b) A clean cloak.
(c) Some books.
(d) A bar of soap.
4. How is Samson useful to the camp?
(a) Rolling rocks down the mountainside.
(b) Standing guard at night.
(d) Hauling water and wood.
5. What does Daniel decide to do that night?
(a) To kill his first Roman.
(b) To buy Simon's blacksmith shop.
(c) To return to the mountain.
(d) To go to Capernaum to find Joel.
6. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
(a) In a small passageway out in the store room.
(b) In Joel's closet.
(c) In a shed in the garden.
(d) In the small room at the top of the house.
7. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
(a) He wanted to live more of the good life.
(b) He thought he might see the carpenter again.
(c) He was dreading to face Rosh with what he had done.
(d) He hoped Joel would come looking for him.
8. What does Thacia do for Daniel?
(a) Brings medicine and binds his wound.
(b) Sings him to sleep.
(c) Sees that he has a pillow.
(d) Plays music on her harp.
9. Some people do not have a high opinion of Rosh. What do they think he is?
(a) A myth.
(b) A Roman soldier who deserted.
(c) A coward who is only in hiding.
(d) A bandit who robs everyone.
10. What does Simon suggest after the grandmother dies?
(a) That Daniel get a job as tax collector.
(b) That Daniel come with him to follow the carpenter.
(c) That Daniel find someone to take care of Leah.
(d) That Daniel take over his blacksmith shop in Ketzah.
11. What kind of pack train is the one Joel sees on the first day?
(a) A spice train.
(b) A slave train.
(c) A silk train.
(d) A jewel train.
12. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
(a) They both know Daniel's grandmother.
(b) They are both blacksmiths.
(c) They both come from the same city.
(d) Both hate the Romans and want to drive them out.
13. After Rosh chastises Daniel, what does Daniel do?
(a) He goes off by himself and cries.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He takes his anger out on Samson.
(d) He goes to work hard at his anvil.
14. What two things make Daniel wait after knocking the old man unconscious?
(a) The old man may die if Daniel does not help him, and Daniel is sorry he attacked the man.
(b) He might hold the old man for ransom or steal his clothes.
(c) The old man may have more gold and Daniel may have to kill him.
(d) The old man is a Jew and he is old and unarmed.
15. What warning does Simon give Daniel before leaving him in charge of the shop?
(a) He must be civil to the Romans for the sake of the entire village.
(b) He must be careful to pay his taxes on time.
(c) He must never be seen doing any work for the Romans.
(d) He must keep in touch with Rosh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Hezron say the Jews of Capernaum should be grateful to the Romans?
2. Of what does Rosh accuse Daniel?
3. What does Daniel tell Joel and Thacia that he has not even told anyone at the cave?
4. How is he useful to Daniel?
5. Why does he stop on his way out of Capernaum?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)