|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Daniel live on the mountain before meeting Joel and Malthace?
(a) Two years.
(b) One week.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
2. Who comes to the blacksmith shop to have a scythe repaired?
(b) A Roman soldier.
3. As Daniel is recovering, Joel reads to him from what book?
4. Who does Joel bring to Daniel?
5. What does Ebol tell Daniel they must take from the passing pack train?
(a) A large black man.
(b) All their money.
(c) Bags of tea.
(d) The cargo of silk.
6. What killed Daniel's mother?
(a) A Roman soldier ran her through with his spear.
(b) She went on a hunger strike and died.
(c) She spent three days and nights in the cold at his father's grave and got sick.
(d) She hanged herself from a tree.
7. Why does he stop on his way out of Capernaum?
(a) He almost goes back to apologize to Hezron.
(b) He is suddenly very tired.
(c) He hears the Romans coming.
(d) He is thirsty.
8. What embarrasses Daniel during the meal at Joel's house?
(a) His haircut.
(b) His sitting next to Thacia.
(c) His ignorance of table manners.
(d) His inability to carry on a conversation.
9. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
(a) To see if he is all right.
(b) To go fishing.
(c) To help him in the blacksmith shop.
(d) To hear the carpenter's son in the synagogue.
10. What does Daniel recite to Leah and his grandmother just before she dies?
(a) The passage he learned from Joel.
(b) The sermon he heard the carpenter speak.
(c) Some his own poetry.
(d) The twenty-third psalm.
11. What does Simon bring for Daniel?
(a) Garden vegetables.
(b) A bar of soap.
(c) A clean cloak.
(d) Some books.
12. What do most people think that someone is doing on the mountain?
(a) Hiding from the law.
(b) Raising an army to fight the Romans.
(c) Setting up a new government.
(d) Manning a look out post.
13. What reason does Hezron say the Jews of Capernaum should be grateful to the Romans?
(a) They post a guard around the synagogue.
(b) They do not come to the city often.
(c) They built the beautiful synagogue there.
(d) They have converted to the Jewish religion.
14. Who cared for Daniel and Leah after their parents died?
(a) Their grandmother.
(b) Their uncle and his wife.
(c) The people of the village.
(d) They took care of themselves.
15. What does Daniel do to win the devotion and friendship of the black man?
(a) He feeds him.
(b) He frees him from his shackles.
(c) He teaches him to talk.
(d) He gives him some new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joel's explanation to Daniel for Thacia's strange behavior?
2. What is a message written on that Ebol brings to Daniel?
3. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
4. What does Daniel witness that makes him vow revenge on the Romans?
5. What name do they give the black man?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)