|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Daniel not get the parts he needs from Simon?
(a) Simon is angry with Daniel for not returning to care for his relatives.
(b) Simon will not give him parts for Rosh.
(c) Simon does not have the parts Daniel needs.
(d) Simon's shop is locked up and he has left the village.
2. What does the doctor say kept the old woman alive for so long?
(a) Her will to see Daniel before she died.
(b) The bread people threw into her window.
(c) Her slow acting disease.
(d) Leah collecting medicinal herbs for her.
3. What makes Daniel return to Ketzah?
(a) Leah has run away.
(b) His grandmother is dying.
(c) Rosh drives him away.
(d) His grandmother's house burned to the ground.
4. Who rescued Daniel on the mountain years ago?
5. What is Daniel like as he enters Capernaum?
(a) He is like a thief, hiding in the shadows.
(b) He is like a tourist who has never been to the city before.
(c) He is like a child who is lost and cannot find his mother.
(d) He is like a young prince who belongs in the city.
6. Why does Joel insist on staying near Daniel when the pack train is coming?
(a) He thinks Rosh is nearby and wants to meet him.
(b) He wants to see the large black man.
(c) He hopes to get some of the gold.
(d) He thinks Daniel is lying to him.
7. What political conflict is going on at the time of this story?
(a) Conflict between the Jews and the Romans.
(b) Conflict between youth and their elders.
(c) Conflict between Rosh and the Romans.
(d) Conflict between the rich and the poor.
8. As Daniel is recovering, Joel reads to him from what book?
9. Where is Daniel from?
10. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
(a) He is afraid of his father.
(b) His responsibilities to his family.
(c) He forgot to bring along extra clothes.
(d) He has to take his sister back down the mountain.
11. What reason does Hezron say the Jews of Capernaum should be grateful to the Romans?
(a) They have converted to the Jewish religion.
(b) They built the beautiful synagogue there.
(c) They do not come to the city often.
(d) They post a guard around the synagogue.
12. After Daniel returns, what trial does Rosh put Daniel through?
(a) He is to sell Rosh his sister Leah.
(b) He is to survive 40 days and nights in the desert.
(c) He is to rob an old miser of his gold.
(d) He is to kill Samson.
13. How does Joel persuade Rosh to let him go.
(a) He could be a good spy for Rosh in the village.
(b) He will leave his sister there.
(c) His family is moving to Capernaum.
(d) Nobody ever believes anything he says.
14. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
(a) She welcomes him and gives him a drink.
(b) She begs him to leave and never return.
(c) She faints.
(d) She takes him to a place to wait for Joel.
15. What embarrasses Daniel during the meal at Joel's house?
(a) His haircut.
(b) His sitting next to Thacia.
(c) His inability to carry on a conversation.
(d) His ignorance of table manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Daniel live on the mountain before meeting Joel and Malthace?
2. Why does Daniel decide to return to Capernaum?
3. How do they get Leah out of the old house and into Simon's house?
4. What do most people think that someone is doing on the mountain?
5. What does the book Joel reads seem to say?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)