|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
(a) To go fishing.
(b) To see if he is all right.
(c) To hear the carpenter's son in the synagogue.
(d) To help him in the blacksmith shop.
2. How does Daniel react to the sight of the Roman soldiers?
(a) He thinks about joining them.
(b) He begins to yell curses at them.
(c) He starts crying, thinking about his parents.
(d) He runs for cover.
3. Who comes looking for Daniel?
(a) The Roman Legionnaires.
(b) Joel and Thrace.
(c) Simon, the blacksmith who helped Daniel.
(d) Amelek, the blacksmith who beat Daniel.
4. Who rescued Daniel on the mountain years ago?
5. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
(a) She begs him to leave and never return.
(b) She welcomes him and gives him a drink.
(c) She takes him to a place to wait for Joel.
(d) She faints.
6. What does Ebol tell Daniel they must take from the passing pack train?
(a) The cargo of silk.
(b) Bags of tea.
(c) A large black man.
(d) All their money.
7. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
(a) She stares but does not speak.
(b) She screams for him to go away.
(c) She cannot recall having ever seen him before.
(d) She smiles warmly and invites him in.
8. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
(a) They are both blacksmiths.
(b) Both hate the Romans and want to drive them out.
(c) They both know Daniel's grandmother.
(d) They both come from the same city.
9. For the second time, Daniel finds himself waiting for someone. Who?
(a) Joel and Thacia.
(b) The carpenter from Nazareth.
(d) Simon the Zealot.
10. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
(a) Because the Romans are coming.
(b) Because Joel is injured.
(c) Because of what Joel has seen.
(d) Because Rosh needs more men.
11. How does Joel get injured?
(a) A mule kicks him.
(b) Rosh hits him.
(c) He falls down the mountain.
(d) The big black man hits him.
12. What makes Daniel return to Ketzah?
(a) Leah has run away.
(b) Rosh drives him away.
(c) His grandmother is dying.
(d) His grandmother's house burned to the ground.
13. What killed Daniel's mother?
(a) A Roman soldier ran her through with his spear.
(b) She went on a hunger strike and died.
(c) She spent three days and nights in the cold at his father's grave and got sick.
(d) She hanged herself from a tree.
14. What kind of pack train is the one Joel sees on the first day?
(a) A jewel train.
(b) A silk train.
(c) A slave train.
(d) A spice train.
15. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
(a) In the small room at the top of the house.
(b) In a shed in the garden.
(c) In a small passageway out in the store room.
(d) In Joel's closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel tell Joel and Thacia that he has not even told anyone at the cave?
2. What does the book Joel reads seem to say?
3. What is Daniel like as he enters Capernaum?
4. What does Daniel recite to Leah and his grandmother just before she dies?
5. What does Daniel think when a Roman soldier keeps coming back to his shop?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)