|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel reflect on about Rosh's business?
(a) Rosh's business is not going well at all.
(b) Working for Rosh is never exciting like he had imagined.
(c) It is hard work that goes on every day.
(d) There is nothing to do for days and then they are very busy.
2. What does Daniel recite to Leah and his grandmother just before she dies?
(a) Some his own poetry.
(b) The passage he learned from Joel.
(c) The sermon he heard the carpenter speak.
(d) The twenty-third psalm.
3. After he confronts the soldier, Daniel does the only thing he can. What is that?
(a) Jump into the well.
(b) Steal a horse and ride toward the mountain.
4. How long does Daniel live on the mountain before meeting Joel and Malthace?
(a) Two years.
(b) Five years.
(c) One year.
(d) One week.
5. Why does he stop on his way out of Capernaum?
(a) He almost goes back to apologize to Hezron.
(b) He is thirsty.
(c) He is suddenly very tired.
(d) He hears the Romans coming.
6. Where is Daniel from?
7. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
(a) The moon reflecting off the roofs.
(b) The lights of the windows.
(c) The dust his feet kicks up.
(d) The squalor of the village.
8. How does Daniel know that Rosh had him watched during the robbery?
(a) Rosh tells him that he had him watched.
(b) Daniel heard voices on the mountainside but did not see anyone.
(c) Rosh knows that Daniel did not return with both of the old man's daggers.
(d) Samson tells him using sign language.
9. Why did Daniel run away from Ketzah in the first place?
(a) His grandmother threw him out of her house.
(b) His girlfriend married another man.
(c) His master beat him every day.
(d) He threw stones at Roman soldiers and they were looking for him.
10. Of what does Rosh accuse Daniel?
(a) Having the flaw of weakness in his character.
(b) Being too arrogant for his own good.
(c) Trying to steal from the other men on the mountain.
(d) Not really wanting to drive the Romans out of the country.
11. How does Daniel overpower the caravan man who Daniel is supposed to take out?
(a) He twists his arm behind his back and takes away his dagger.
(b) He takes him out with an arrow.
(c) He has a sword fight with him.
(d) He hits him in the head with a rock.
12. How is he useful to Daniel?
(a) Hunting for wild game for Daniel to eat.
(b) Repairing Daniel's clothes.
(c) Keeping the bellows going so Daniel can make steel.
(d) Carrying Daniel down the mountain.
13. What password do the four boys select for the army they are forming to take to Rosh?
(a) The bronze bow.
(b) The mountaintop.
(c) Green pastures.
(d) One for all and all for one.
14. The grandmother's house is falling down. Where do Leah and Daniel go to live?
(a) In the garden behind the blacksmith shop.
(b) With relatives who live next to the blacksmith shop.
(c) Simon's house that is attached to his blacksmith shop.
(d) In a tent Daniel puts up near the blacksmith shop.
15. How does Daniel react when the soldier kicks out at him?
(a) He curses the soldier.
(b) He slaps the horse and makes it rear up.
(c) He throws the bowl and the water at the Roman's face.
(d) He makes a rude gesture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joel insist on staying near Daniel when the pack train is coming?
2. Why do they now have twice as much water in the camp?
3. What does Simon bring for Daniel?
4. What does Daniel do to win the devotion and friendship of the black man?
5. Who is waiting for Daniel when he gets back to the mountain?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)