|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joel insist on staying near Daniel when the pack train is coming?
(a) He thinks Rosh is nearby and wants to meet him.
(b) He thinks Daniel is lying to him.
(c) He hopes to get some of the gold.
(d) He wants to see the large black man.
2. What does the book Joel reads seem to say?
(a) That they should wait patiently for deliverance.
(b) That they should cooperate with anyone stronger than they are.
(c) That they should rise up against men who try to rule them.
(d) That they should accept their conqueror's religion.
3. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
(a) In Joel's closet.
(b) In the small room at the top of the house.
(c) In a shed in the garden.
(d) In a small passageway out in the store room.
4. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
(a) Because Joel is injured.
(b) Because of what Joel has seen.
(c) Because the Romans are coming.
(d) Because Rosh needs more men.
5. When Daniel finally gets away from the soldiers, where does he go?
(a) Cephas' house.
(b) Simon's house.
(c) The Synagogue.
(d) Hezron's house.
6. What does Rosh want Daniel to do as a favor to him?
(a) Go back to Capernaum and steal from Joel's house.
(b) Make him a suit of armor.
(c) Repair a dagger that is special to him.
(d) Teach Samson that he must obey Rosh.
7. After Nathan tells his story to Daniel, what does Daniel decide to do?
(a) Offer to let Nathan stay the night in the shop.
(b) Disguise Nathan as a woman.
(c) Teach Nathan how to fight.
(d) Walk Nathan home in case more village boys try to attack him.
8. How do they get Leah out of the old house and into Simon's house?
(a) By taking her goat away from her.
(b) Kidnapping her at night.
(c) In a liter that is completely veiled.
(d) By putting a bag over her head so she cannot see.
9. What makes Daniel return to Ketzah?
(a) Leah has run away.
(b) His grandmother's house burned to the ground.
(c) Rosh drives him away.
(d) His grandmother is dying.
10. What is a message written on that Ebol brings to Daniel?
(a) Some scrap iron.
(b) A scrap of goat hide.
(c) A small piece of wood.
(d) A piece of pottery.
11. What does Joel tell Daniel about Rosh?
(a) That Rosh gives money to schools and synagogues.
(b) That Rosh came to recruit at his school.
(c) That every school boy thinks he is a hero.
(d) That all the school boys know his name.
12. How does Daniel finally get back to the cave?
(a) The sight of Roman soldiers in the valley below make him hurry on.
(b) Rosh sends out a patrol to find him.
(c) He rests at the foot of the mountain and continues the next morning.
(d) Samson is waiting for him and carries him to the cave.
13. Why does Daniel have to go down to the village?
(a) He needs to check on his grandmother and sister.
(b) He does not have the parts he needs to make Rosh's repairs.
(c) He gets another message from Simon.
(d) Rosh wants him to go find new recruits.
14. Why does Daniel have trouble returning to the mountain cave?
(a) He has overestimated his strength when he left Capernaum.
(b) He has to go by his village and check on his grandmother and sister.
(c) He leaves in the night and gets lost on the way.
(d) The Roman soldiers come after him again.
15. What does Daniel think regarding his relationship to Joel?
(a) That Joel does not see the Romans the same way he does.
(b) That Joel will never leave his luxury.
(c) That he has never had a real friend before.
(d) That Joel is too snobby for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel do to win the devotion and friendship of the black man?
2. Who is waiting for Daniel when he gets back to the mountain?
3. Who rescued Daniel on the mountain years ago?
4. What stirs Leah out of the corner during the night?
5. For the second time, Daniel finds himself waiting for someone. Who?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)