Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Daniel return to Ketzah?
(a) Rosh drives him away.
(b) Leah has run away.
(c) His grandmother's house burned to the ground.
(d) His grandmother is dying.
2. Who rescued Daniel on the mountain years ago?
3. What do most people think that someone is doing on the mountain?
(a) Raising an army to fight the Romans.
(b) Manning a look out post.
(c) Setting up a new government.
(d) Hiding from the law.
4. Where is Daniel from?
5. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
(a) He wanted to live more of the good life.
(b) He was dreading to face Rosh with what he had done.
(c) He thought he might see the carpenter again.
(d) He hoped Joel would come looking for him.
6. Who comes to the blacksmith shop to have a scythe repaired?
(b) A Roman soldier.
7. How is Samson useful to the camp?
(b) Standing guard at night.
(c) Hauling water and wood.
(d) Rolling rocks down the mountainside.
8. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
(a) She smiles warmly and invites him in.
(b) She screams for him to go away.
(c) She stares but does not speak.
(d) She cannot recall having ever seen him before.
9. What does Thacia do for Daniel?
(a) Sings him to sleep.
(b) Brings medicine and binds his wound.
(c) Plays music on her harp.
(d) Sees that he has a pillow.
10. Who tries to follow Daniel as he leaves the camp to return to the village?
(d) Simon the Zealot.
11. What political conflict is going on at the time of this story?
(a) Conflict between the rich and the poor.
(b) Conflict between the Jews and the Romans.
(c) Conflict between youth and their elders.
(d) Conflict between Rosh and the Romans.
12. What does Daniel witness that makes him vow revenge on the Romans?
(a) The burning of Ketzah.
(b) The crucifixion of his father and the death of his mother.
(c) The destruction of his grandmother's house.
(d) The abduction of his sister.
13. What stirs Leah out of the corner during the night?
(a) A snake that drops from the ceiling.
(b) A rat that comes for the bread.
(c) The small fire Daniel lights.
(d) Daniel telling stories of their childhood.
14. Who cared for Daniel and Leah after their parents died?
(a) Their uncle and his wife.
(b) They took care of themselves.
(c) Their grandmother.
(d) The people of the village.
15. Where does Daniel finally find Joel's house?
(a) Down by the sea of Galilee.
(b) Right in the center of the city.
(c) High on a hill overlooking the bay.
(d) Next door to the synagogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
2. How does Daniel know that Rosh had him watched during the robbery?
3. Why do they now have twice as much water in the camp?
4. What is the symbolism of Daniel beating the flaws out of the hot metal at his anvil?
5. Who does Joel bring to Daniel?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)