|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
(a) Because Joel is injured.
(b) Because of what Joel has seen.
(c) Because Rosh needs more men.
(d) Because the Romans are coming.
2. The grandmother's house is falling down. Where do Leah and Daniel go to live?
(a) Simon's house that is attached to his blacksmith shop.
(b) In a tent Daniel puts up near the blacksmith shop.
(c) In the garden behind the blacksmith shop.
(d) With relatives who live next to the blacksmith shop.
3. What is Daniel like as he enters Capernaum?
(a) He is like a young prince who belongs in the city.
(b) He is like a child who is lost and cannot find his mother.
(c) He is like a thief, hiding in the shadows.
(d) He is like a tourist who has never been to the city before.
4. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
(a) His responsibilities to his family.
(b) He has to take his sister back down the mountain.
(c) He forgot to bring along extra clothes.
(d) He is afraid of his father.
5. What does Daniel do to win the devotion and friendship of the black man?
(a) He gives him some new clothes.
(b) He teaches him to talk.
(c) He feeds him.
(d) He frees him from his shackles.
6. Who is waiting for Daniel when he gets back to the mountain?
7. After Daniel returns, what trial does Rosh put Daniel through?
(a) He is to kill Samson.
(b) He is to rob an old miser of his gold.
(c) He is to survive 40 days and nights in the desert.
(d) He is to sell Rosh his sister Leah.
8. Who does Joel bring to Daniel?
9. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
(a) The squalor of the village.
(b) The dust his feet kicks up.
(c) The lights of the windows.
(d) The moon reflecting off the roofs.
10. What does Daniel think at first about how his life is being planned out?
(a) He thinks people are planning his life for him and he has no say in it.
(b) He thinks people will now listen to him.
(c) He thinks that his luck has turned for the better.
(d) He thinks that now he can live like Joel and Thacia.
11. How is Samson useful to the camp?
(a) Hauling water and wood.
(b) Standing guard at night.
(d) Rolling rocks down the mountainside.
12. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
(a) She faints.
(b) She takes him to a place to wait for Joel.
(c) She begs him to leave and never return.
(d) She welcomes him and gives him a drink.
13. How do they get Leah out of the old house and into Simon's house?
(a) Kidnapping her at night.
(b) In a liter that is completely veiled.
(c) By putting a bag over her head so she cannot see.
(d) By taking her goat away from her.
14. What does Daniel recite to Leah and his grandmother just before she dies?
(a) Some his own poetry.
(b) The twenty-third psalm.
(c) The sermon he heard the carpenter speak.
(d) The passage he learned from Joel.
15. What is a message written on that Ebol brings to Daniel?
(a) A small piece of wood.
(b) A scrap of goat hide.
(c) A piece of pottery.
(d) Some scrap iron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some people do not have a high opinion of Rosh. What do they think he is?
2. What do most people think that someone is doing on the mountain?
3. Why does Joel insist on staying near Daniel when the pack train is coming?
4. What were the last words Daniel ever heard his grandmother say?
5. What does Rosh want Daniel to do as a favor to him?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)