|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Daniel finally find Joel's house?
(a) Right in the center of the city.
(b) Down by the sea of Galilee.
(c) High on a hill overlooking the bay.
(d) Next door to the synagogue.
2. As Daniel is recovering, Joel reads to him from what book?
3. Why does Daniel feel ashamed?
(a) He has no clothes to wear back to the village.
(b) He does not know how to ask Rosh if he can leave.
(c) He does not really want to go see his grandmother and sister.
(d) He never tried to let anyone know he was all right.
4. What password do the four boys select for the army they are forming to take to Rosh?
(a) One for all and all for one.
(b) The mountaintop.
(c) Green pastures.
(d) The bronze bow.
5. What were the last words Daniel ever heard his grandmother say?
(a) Daniel, you've come.
(b) Take care of Leah.
(c) I knew it was you.
(d) Where have you been?
6. What is a message written on that Ebol brings to Daniel?
(a) A piece of pottery.
(b) A scrap of goat hide.
(c) Some scrap iron.
(d) A small piece of wood.
7. After he confronts the soldier, Daniel does the only thing he can. What is that?
(b) Steal a horse and ride toward the mountain.
(d) Jump into the well.
8. Why does Daniel not resent giving the Roman's horse a drink of water?
(a) He has not yet realized that the rider is a Roman.
(b) This Roman seems different from the others.
(c) He sees the animal is hot and tired.
(d) He is afraid of horses.
9. What is the symbolism of Daniel beating the flaws out of the hot metal at his anvil?
(a) He is trying to remove what he sees as flaws in himself.
(b) It symbolizes what he would like to do to Rosh.
(c) It symbolizes what he would like to do to a Roman soldier.
(d) He is keeping busy so he doesn't have to think.
10. What political conflict is going on at the time of this story?
(a) Conflict between the Jews and the Romans.
(b) Conflict between youth and their elders.
(c) Conflict between Rosh and the Romans.
(d) Conflict between the rich and the poor.
11. What does Daniel witness that makes him vow revenge on the Romans?
(a) The burning of Ketzah.
(b) The destruction of his grandmother's house.
(c) The abduction of his sister.
(d) The crucifixion of his father and the death of his mother.
12. How is Simon brought into the camp?
(a) He is blindfolded so he does not know where the cave is.
(b) He is carried by Samson.
(c) He is inside a big wooden box.
(d) He is under heavy guard and in chains.
13. What stirs up Daniel's hatred while Jesus is speaking to the crowd?
(a) The smell of the rough crowd.
(b) The sight of a Roman cross being carried by.
(c) The noise that makes it hard to hear.
(d) Two Roman soldiers who walk up to listen.
14. What kind of pack train is the one Joel sees on the first day?
(a) A spice train.
(b) A slave train.
(c) A silk train.
(d) A jewel train.
15. What do most people think that someone is doing on the mountain?
(a) Raising an army to fight the Romans.
(b) Manning a look out post.
(c) Hiding from the law.
(d) Setting up a new government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel reflect on about Rosh's business?
2. Why does Daniel leave Hezron's house suddenly?
3. What does Joel tell Daniel about Rosh?
4. Why does Joel insist on staying near Daniel when the pack train is coming?
5. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)