|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do two men stop Daniel as the soldiers pass by?
(a) They are not yet ready to attack the Roman army.
(b) If the soldiers get angry, they might destroy the village.
(c) They do not want the soldiers to find aout about Rosh.
(d) They are Roman citizens.
2. For the second time, Daniel finds himself waiting for someone. Who?
(a) Joel and Thacia.
(c) The carpenter from Nazareth.
(d) Simon the Zealot.
3. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
(a) Because of what Joel has seen.
(b) Because Rosh needs more men.
(c) Because Joel is injured.
(d) Because the Romans are coming.
4. What killed Daniel's mother?
(a) She spent three days and nights in the cold at his father's grave and got sick.
(b) She went on a hunger strike and died.
(c) A Roman soldier ran her through with his spear.
(d) She hanged herself from a tree.
5. What does Daniel decide to do that night?
(a) To return to the mountain.
(b) To kill his first Roman.
(c) To go to Capernaum to find Joel.
(d) To buy Simon's blacksmith shop.
6. What is the soldier able to do to Daniel?
(a) Outrun him.
(b) Chase him up a tree.
(c) Push him off a cliff.
(d) Hit him in the side with his spear.
7. What does the book Joel reads seem to say?
(a) That they should rise up against men who try to rule them.
(b) That they should wait patiently for deliverance.
(c) That they should accept their conqueror's religion.
(d) That they should cooperate with anyone stronger than they are.
8. Of what does Rosh accuse Daniel?
(a) Having the flaw of weakness in his character.
(b) Not really wanting to drive the Romans out of the country.
(c) Trying to steal from the other men on the mountain.
(d) Being too arrogant for his own good.
9. What does Joel tell Daniel about Rosh?
(a) That every school boy thinks he is a hero.
(b) That Rosh gives money to schools and synagogues.
(c) That Rosh came to recruit at his school.
(d) That all the school boys know his name.
10. Why does Daniel leave Hezron's house suddenly?
(a) He has an argument with Hezron.
(b) Rosh sends a message for him to return to the mountain.
(c) The Roman soldiers come looking for him.
(d) Samson has followed him and is waiting at the door.
11. What is Daniel like as he enters Capernaum?
(a) He is like a thief, hiding in the shadows.
(b) He is like a child who is lost and cannot find his mother.
(c) He is like a young prince who belongs in the city.
(d) He is like a tourist who has never been to the city before.
12. What mistake does Daniel make when the Roman asks for a drink?
(a) He forgets to bow.
(b) He refuses to do it.
(c) He offers the same water from which the horse has drunk.
(d) He spills the water on the Roman's boot.
13. What story did Simon tell Daniel about Jesus?
(a) How Jesus walked on water.
(b) How 5,000 people were fed by Jesus.
(c) How they tried to kill him in Nazareth.
(d) How a blind mand was made to see.
14. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
(a) He wanted to live more of the good life.
(b) He thought he might see the carpenter again.
(c) He hoped Joel would come looking for him.
(d) He was dreading to face Rosh with what he had done.
15. Why can Daniel not get the parts he needs from Simon?
(a) Simon does not have the parts Daniel needs.
(b) Simon's shop is locked up and he has left the village.
(c) Simon is angry with Daniel for not returning to care for his relatives.
(d) Simon will not give him parts for Rosh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel not like Nathan at first?
2. Who cared for Daniel and Leah after their parents died?
3. Why does Daniel have to go down to the village?
4. After he confronts the soldier, Daniel does the only thing he can. What is that?
5. What reason does Hezron say the Jews of Capernaum should be grateful to the Romans?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)