|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Daniel return to Ketzah?
(a) His grandmother's house burned to the ground.
(b) Rosh drives him away.
(c) His grandmother is dying.
(d) Leah has run away.
2. After Daniel returns, what trial does Rosh put Daniel through?
(a) He is to sell Rosh his sister Leah.
(b) He is to survive 40 days and nights in the desert.
(c) He is to kill Samson.
(d) He is to rob an old miser of his gold.
3. Does listening to Jesus speak have any affect on Daniel?
(a) It makes him question Rosh.
(b) None whatsoever.
(c) Only for a brief moment.
(d) It changes his life.
4. What kind of pack train is the one Joel sees on the first day?
(a) A slave train.
(b) A jewel train.
(c) A spice train.
(d) A silk train.
5. How does Daniel react when the soldier kicks out at him?
(a) He curses the soldier.
(b) He throws the bowl and the water at the Roman's face.
(c) He slaps the horse and makes it rear up.
(d) He makes a rude gesture.
6. Why does Daniel not like Nathan at first?
(a) The boy tries to look into the house to see Leah.
(b) The boy brags too much.
(c) He learns that his father is a tax collector the the Romans.
(d) The boy is rude.
7. What does Daniel recite to Leah and his grandmother just before she dies?
(a) The twenty-third psalm.
(b) Some his own poetry.
(c) The sermon he heard the carpenter speak.
(d) The passage he learned from Joel.
8. How does Daniel finally get back to the cave?
(a) He rests at the foot of the mountain and continues the next morning.
(b) Samson is waiting for him and carries him to the cave.
(c) Rosh sends out a patrol to find him.
(d) The sight of Roman soldiers in the valley below make him hurry on.
9. After he confronts the soldier, Daniel does the only thing he can. What is that?
(a) Steal a horse and ride toward the mountain.
(c) Jump into the well.
10. Why does Daniel feel ashamed?
(a) He never tried to let anyone know he was all right.
(b) He does not know how to ask Rosh if he can leave.
(c) He has no clothes to wear back to the village.
(d) He does not really want to go see his grandmother and sister.
11. What does Daniel think at first about how his life is being planned out?
(a) He thinks that now he can live like Joel and Thacia.
(b) He thinks people will now listen to him.
(c) He thinks people are planning his life for him and he has no say in it.
(d) He thinks that his luck has turned for the better.
12. After Rosh chastises Daniel, what does Daniel do?
(a) He takes his anger out on Samson.
(b) He goes to work hard at his anvil.
(c) He goes off by himself and cries.
(d) He runs away.
13. What stirs Leah out of the corner during the night?
(a) The small fire Daniel lights.
(b) A snake that drops from the ceiling.
(c) Daniel telling stories of their childhood.
(d) A rat that comes for the bread.
14. What embarrasses Daniel during the meal at Joel's house?
(a) His ignorance of table manners.
(b) His sitting next to Thacia.
(c) His inability to carry on a conversation.
(d) His haircut.
15. Restless on the mountain, what does Daniel want to do?
(a) Return to the village and check on his grandmother and Leah.
(b) Teach Samson how to speak.
(c) Go to Capernaum and look for Joel.
(d) Make more swords for the coming battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the blacksmith shop to have a scythe repaired?
2. How does Daniel overpower the caravan man who Daniel is supposed to take out?
3. What was Daniel's father trying to do when he was caught and executed?
4. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
5. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)