|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stirs up Daniel's hatred while Jesus is speaking to the crowd?
(a) Two Roman soldiers who walk up to listen.
(b) The smell of the rough crowd.
(c) The noise that makes it hard to hear.
(d) The sight of a Roman cross being carried by.
2. After Nathan tells his story to Daniel, what does Daniel decide to do?
(a) Offer to let Nathan stay the night in the shop.
(b) Walk Nathan home in case more village boys try to attack him.
(c) Disguise Nathan as a woman.
(d) Teach Nathan how to fight.
3. What reason does Hezron say the Jews of Capernaum should be grateful to the Romans?
(a) They do not come to the city often.
(b) They built the beautiful synagogue there.
(c) They post a guard around the synagogue.
(d) They have converted to the Jewish religion.
4. Who is waiting for Daniel when he gets back to the mountain?
5. Why does Daniel have trouble returning to the mountain cave?
(a) He leaves in the night and gets lost on the way.
(b) He has overestimated his strength when he left Capernaum.
(c) He has to go by his village and check on his grandmother and sister.
(d) The Roman soldiers come after him again.
6. Who tries to follow Daniel as he leaves the camp to return to the village?
(d) Simon the Zealot.
7. How does Daniel know that Rosh had him watched during the robbery?
(a) Samson tells him using sign language.
(b) Daniel heard voices on the mountainside but did not see anyone.
(c) Rosh knows that Daniel did not return with both of the old man's daggers.
(d) Rosh tells him that he had him watched.
8. What two things make Daniel wait after knocking the old man unconscious?
(a) The old man may die if Daniel does not help him, and Daniel is sorry he attacked the man.
(b) He might hold the old man for ransom or steal his clothes.
(c) The old man may have more gold and Daniel may have to kill him.
(d) The old man is a Jew and he is old and unarmed.
9. How do Simon and Rosh differ?
(a) They come from different parts of the country.
(b) They have different ideas about how to get rid of the Romans.
(c) Rosh is tall and Simon is short.
(d) Rosh is lazy but Simon works hard.
10. What were the last words Daniel ever heard his grandmother say?
(a) Daniel, you've come.
(b) Where have you been?
(c) I knew it was you.
(d) Take care of Leah.
11. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
(a) She stares but does not speak.
(b) She cannot recall having ever seen him before.
(c) She screams for him to go away.
(d) She smiles warmly and invites him in.
12. What does Simon suggest after the grandmother dies?
(a) That Daniel take over his blacksmith shop in Ketzah.
(b) That Daniel get a job as tax collector.
(c) That Daniel find someone to take care of Leah.
(d) That Daniel come with him to follow the carpenter.
13. For the second time, Daniel finds himself waiting for someone. Who?
(a) The carpenter from Nazareth.
(b) Joel and Thacia.
(d) Simon the Zealot.
14. Why do two men stop Daniel as the soldiers pass by?
(a) They are Roman citizens.
(b) They do not want the soldiers to find aout about Rosh.
(c) If the soldiers get angry, they might destroy the village.
(d) They are not yet ready to attack the Roman army.
15. Why does Joel insist on staying near Daniel when the pack train is coming?
(a) He wants to see the large black man.
(b) He thinks Rosh is nearby and wants to meet him.
(c) He thinks Daniel is lying to him.
(d) He hopes to get some of the gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most people think that someone is doing on the mountain?
2. How does Daniel react to the sight of the Roman soldiers?
3. Why does Daniel not like Nathan at first?
4. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
5. What stirs Leah out of the corner during the night?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)