|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joel insist on staying near Daniel when the pack train is coming?
(a) He thinks Rosh is nearby and wants to meet him.
(b) He wants to see the large black man.
(c) He hopes to get some of the gold.
(d) He thinks Daniel is lying to him.
2. Who rescued Daniel on the mountain years ago?
3. What is a message written on that Ebol brings to Daniel?
(a) A scrap of goat hide.
(b) A small piece of wood.
(c) Some scrap iron.
(d) A piece of pottery.
4. What does Daniel tell Joel and Thacia that he has not even told anyone at the cave?
(a) About his mother and father.
(b) About his running away from Amelek.
(c) About his pet goat.
(d) About his sister's weaving.
5. Why do they now have twice as much water in the camp?
(a) They moved the camp nearer the river.
(b) Daniel discovered a spring near the cave.
(c) Samson can carry more water than anyone else.
(d) It has rained a lot in the desert.
6. How does Daniel react when the soldier kicks out at him?
(a) He makes a rude gesture.
(b) He curses the soldier.
(c) He throws the bowl and the water at the Roman's face.
(d) He slaps the horse and makes it rear up.
7. What is Joel's explanation to Daniel for Thacia's strange behavior?
(a) That she's being trained to be in charge of a household.
(b) That she's putting on city airs these days.
(c) That she's been ill lately.
(d) That she's still not accustomed to living in the city.
8. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
(a) They both know Daniel's grandmother.
(b) Both hate the Romans and want to drive them out.
(c) They both come from the same city.
(d) They are both blacksmiths.
9. What does Daniel do to win the devotion and friendship of the black man?
(a) He teaches him to talk.
(b) He feeds him.
(c) He gives him some new clothes.
(d) He frees him from his shackles.
10. How does Daniel react to the sight of the Roman soldiers?
(a) He thinks about joining them.
(b) He starts crying, thinking about his parents.
(c) He begins to yell curses at them.
(d) He runs for cover.
11. How does Joel persuade Rosh to let him go.
(a) Nobody ever believes anything he says.
(b) His family is moving to Capernaum.
(c) He could be a good spy for Rosh in the village.
(d) He will leave his sister there.
12. For the second time, Daniel finds himself waiting for someone. Who?
(a) Joel and Thacia.
(b) Simon the Zealot.
(d) The carpenter from Nazareth.
13. What does the book Joel reads seem to say?
(a) That they should cooperate with anyone stronger than they are.
(b) That they should wait patiently for deliverance.
(c) That they should accept their conqueror's religion.
(d) That they should rise up against men who try to rule them.
14. As Daniel is recovering, Joel reads to him from what book?
15. Where is Daniel from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What political conflict is going on at the time of this story?
2. What password do the four boys select for the army they are forming to take to Rosh?
3. What is the soldier able to do to Daniel?
4. Why does Daniel feel ashamed?
5. What does the doctor say kept the old woman alive for so long?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)