|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daniel finally get back to the cave?
(a) Rosh sends out a patrol to find him.
(b) He rests at the foot of the mountain and continues the next morning.
(c) Samson is waiting for him and carries him to the cave.
(d) The sight of Roman soldiers in the valley below make him hurry on.
2. What reason does Hezron say the Jews of Capernaum should be grateful to the Romans?
(a) They have converted to the Jewish religion.
(b) They do not come to the city often.
(c) They built the beautiful synagogue there.
(d) They post a guard around the synagogue.
3. Where is Daniel from?
4. What two things make Daniel wait after knocking the old man unconscious?
(a) The old man may have more gold and Daniel may have to kill him.
(b) The old man is a Jew and he is old and unarmed.
(c) He might hold the old man for ransom or steal his clothes.
(d) The old man may die if Daniel does not help him, and Daniel is sorry he attacked the man.
5. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
(a) She faints.
(b) She takes him to a place to wait for Joel.
(c) She begs him to leave and never return.
(d) She welcomes him and gives him a drink.
6. What does Rosh want Daniel to do as a favor to him?
(a) Go back to Capernaum and steal from Joel's house.
(b) Teach Samson that he must obey Rosh.
(c) Repair a dagger that is special to him.
(d) Make him a suit of armor.
7. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
(a) She screams for him to go away.
(b) She stares but does not speak.
(c) She smiles warmly and invites him in.
(d) She cannot recall having ever seen him before.
8. How does Daniel overpower the caravan man who Daniel is supposed to take out?
(a) He takes him out with an arrow.
(b) He twists his arm behind his back and takes away his dagger.
(c) He has a sword fight with him.
(d) He hits him in the head with a rock.
9. How is Samson useful to the camp?
(a) Rolling rocks down the mountainside.
(b) Hauling water and wood.
(c) Standing guard at night.
10. Why did Daniel run away from Ketzah in the first place?
(a) He threw stones at Roman soldiers and they were looking for him.
(b) His girlfriend married another man.
(c) His grandmother threw him out of her house.
(d) His master beat him every day.
11. How is Simon brought into the camp?
(a) He is inside a big wooden box.
(b) He is under heavy guard and in chains.
(c) He is blindfolded so he does not know where the cave is.
(d) He is carried by Samson.
12. What does Daniel reflect on about Rosh's business?
(a) There is nothing to do for days and then they are very busy.
(b) It is hard work that goes on every day.
(c) Working for Rosh is never exciting like he had imagined.
(d) Rosh's business is not going well at all.
13. Why does Daniel feel ashamed?
(a) He has no clothes to wear back to the village.
(b) He does not really want to go see his grandmother and sister.
(c) He never tried to let anyone know he was all right.
(d) He does not know how to ask Rosh if he can leave.
14. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
(a) He wanted to live more of the good life.
(b) He thought he might see the carpenter again.
(c) He was dreading to face Rosh with what he had done.
(d) He hoped Joel would come looking for him.
15. Restless on the mountain, what does Daniel want to do?
(a) Return to the village and check on his grandmother and Leah.
(b) Go to Capernaum and look for Joel.
(c) Teach Samson how to speak.
(d) Make more swords for the coming battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel think regarding his relationship to Joel?
2. Why does Daniel not resent giving the Roman's horse a drink of water?
3. Who tries to follow Daniel as he leaves the camp to return to the village?
4. What causes Thacia to change her attitude to Daniel?
5. What is Rosh's attitude when Daniel goes to tell him he now has to stay in the village?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)