|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daniel reflect on about Rosh's business?
(a) It is hard work that goes on every day.
(b) There is nothing to do for days and then they are very busy.
(c) Rosh's business is not going well at all.
(d) Working for Rosh is never exciting like he had imagined.
2. Why does Daniel decide to return to Capernaum?
(a) He needs to see Thacia again.
(b) He suspects that Simon is there following Jesus.
(c) He wants to take his time returning to the cave.
(d) He wants to see if he is still wanted by the Romans.
3. What mistake does Daniel make when the Roman asks for a drink?
(a) He refuses to do it.
(b) He forgets to bow.
(c) He offers the same water from which the horse has drunk.
(d) He spills the water on the Roman's boot.
4. What killed Daniel's mother?
(a) She went on a hunger strike and died.
(b) She hanged herself from a tree.
(c) A Roman soldier ran her through with his spear.
(d) She spent three days and nights in the cold at his father's grave and got sick.
5. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
(a) Both hate the Romans and want to drive them out.
(b) They are both blacksmiths.
(c) They both know Daniel's grandmother.
(d) They both come from the same city.
6. How is he useful to Daniel?
(a) Keeping the bellows going so Daniel can make steel.
(b) Hunting for wild game for Daniel to eat.
(c) Repairing Daniel's clothes.
(d) Carrying Daniel down the mountain.
7. What is the significance of the blaring trumpet?
(a) It means to get out of the way of Roman soldiers approaching.
(b) It means there is a fire in the village.
(c) It means it is twelve noon.
(d) It means there is a concert in the village square.
8. What is Daniel like as he enters Capernaum?
(a) He is like a child who is lost and cannot find his mother.
(b) He is like a tourist who has never been to the city before.
(c) He is like a young prince who belongs in the city.
(d) He is like a thief, hiding in the shadows.
9. Why does Daniel not like Nathan at first?
(a) The boy brags too much.
(b) The boy is rude.
(c) The boy tries to look into the house to see Leah.
(d) He learns that his father is a tax collector the the Romans.
10. What political conflict is going on at the time of this story?
(a) Conflict between the Jews and the Romans.
(b) Conflict between youth and their elders.
(c) Conflict between the rich and the poor.
(d) Conflict between Rosh and the Romans.
11. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
(a) The squalor of the village.
(b) The moon reflecting off the roofs.
(c) The dust his feet kicks up.
(d) The lights of the windows.
12. What does Rosh want Daniel to do as a favor to him?
(a) Repair a dagger that is special to him.
(b) Teach Samson that he must obey Rosh.
(c) Go back to Capernaum and steal from Joel's house.
(d) Make him a suit of armor.
13. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
(a) She smiles warmly and invites him in.
(b) She stares but does not speak.
(c) She screams for him to go away.
(d) She cannot recall having ever seen him before.
14. Why does he stop on his way out of Capernaum?
(a) He is suddenly very tired.
(b) He hears the Romans coming.
(c) He almost goes back to apologize to Hezron.
(d) He is thirsty.
15. What does Joel tell Daniel about Rosh?
(a) That every school boy thinks he is a hero.
(b) That Rosh came to recruit at his school.
(c) That all the school boys know his name.
(d) That Rosh gives money to schools and synagogues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
2. What causes Thacia to change her attitude to Daniel?
3. What is Daniel's problem with the Jewish merchants in the city?
4. What is the soldier able to do to Daniel?
5. Where does Daniel finally find Joel's house?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)