|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thacia do for Daniel?
(a) Brings medicine and binds his wound.
(b) Sings him to sleep.
(c) Sees that he has a pillow.
(d) Plays music on her harp.
2. What is a message written on that Ebol brings to Daniel?
(a) A small piece of wood.
(b) Some scrap iron.
(c) A piece of pottery.
(d) A scrap of goat hide.
3. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
(a) The lights of the windows.
(b) The dust his feet kicks up.
(c) The squalor of the village.
(d) The moon reflecting off the roofs.
4. Why does Daniel decide to return to Capernaum?
(a) He wants to see if he is still wanted by the Romans.
(b) He needs to see Thacia again.
(c) He suspects that Simon is there following Jesus.
(d) He wants to take his time returning to the cave.
5. What does Daniel think when a Roman soldier keeps coming back to his shop?
(a) That he and his friends are being watched by the Romans.
(b) That they think he is the boy who insulted the soldier in Capernaum.
(c) That the Romans are trying to kidnap Leah.
(d) That they are trying to make him lose his temper.
6. After Rosh chastises Daniel, what does Daniel do?
(a) He goes to work hard at his anvil.
(b) He goes off by himself and cries.
(c) He takes his anger out on Samson.
(d) He runs away.
7. What does Simon bring for Daniel?
(a) A bar of soap.
(b) Garden vegetables.
(c) Some books.
(d) A clean cloak.
8. What does Daniel decide to do that night?
(a) To go to Capernaum to find Joel.
(b) To kill his first Roman.
(c) To return to the mountain.
(d) To buy Simon's blacksmith shop.
9. What is Simon's message for Daniel?
(a) Daniel's sister will not stop crying for her brother.
(b) Amelek is dead and Daniel can return to the village.
(c) Daniel's grandmother is dead.
(d) The grandmother's house has fallen down.
10. Why do two men stop Daniel as the soldiers pass by?
(a) They are Roman citizens.
(b) If the soldiers get angry, they might destroy the village.
(c) They are not yet ready to attack the Roman army.
(d) They do not want the soldiers to find aout about Rosh.
11. Why can Daniel not get the parts he needs from Simon?
(a) Simon will not give him parts for Rosh.
(b) Simon is angry with Daniel for not returning to care for his relatives.
(c) Simon does not have the parts Daniel needs.
(d) Simon's shop is locked up and he has left the village.
12. Why does Joel insist on staying near Daniel when the pack train is coming?
(a) He hopes to get some of the gold.
(b) He wants to see the large black man.
(c) He thinks Daniel is lying to him.
(d) He thinks Rosh is nearby and wants to meet him.
13. What political conflict is going on at the time of this story?
(a) Conflict between youth and their elders.
(b) Conflict between the rich and the poor.
(c) Conflict between the Jews and the Romans.
(d) Conflict between Rosh and the Romans.
14. Why did Daniel run away from Ketzah in the first place?
(a) His grandmother threw him out of her house.
(b) His girlfriend married another man.
(c) He threw stones at Roman soldiers and they were looking for him.
(d) His master beat him every day.
15. What story did Simon tell Daniel about Jesus?
(a) How they tried to kill him in Nazareth.
(b) How a blind mand was made to see.
(c) How Jesus walked on water.
(d) How 5,000 people were fed by Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Daniel finally gets away from the soldiers, where does he go?
2. What kind of pack train is the one Joel sees on the first day?
3. How do they get Leah out of the old house and into Simon's house?
4. What does Simon suggest after the grandmother dies?
5. What stirs Leah out of the corner during the night?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)