|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leah tell her pet goat?
(a) That she doesn't know who that strange boy is.
(b) That Daniel has come home to protect them.
(c) That Daniel will not barbecue it.
(d) That her grandmother will probably die now.
2. After he confronts the soldier, Daniel does the only thing he can. What is that?
(a) Steal a horse and ride toward the mountain.
(b) Jump into the well.
3. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
(a) She welcomes him and gives him a drink.
(b) She takes him to a place to wait for Joel.
(c) She faints.
(d) She begs him to leave and never return.
4. When Daniel finally gets away from the soldiers, where does he go?
(a) Cephas' house.
(b) Hezron's house.
(c) Simon's house.
(d) The Synagogue.
5. For the second time, Daniel finds himself waiting for someone. Who?
(a) Joel and Thacia.
(c) The carpenter from Nazareth.
(d) Simon the Zealot.
6. How does Joel get injured?
(a) Rosh hits him.
(b) He falls down the mountain.
(c) The big black man hits him.
(d) A mule kicks him.
7. Who tries to follow Daniel as he leaves the camp to return to the village?
(d) Simon the Zealot.
8. Who does Joel bring to Daniel?
9. What does Daniel think when a Roman soldier keeps coming back to his shop?
(a) That they think he is the boy who insulted the soldier in Capernaum.
(b) That the Romans are trying to kidnap Leah.
(c) That they are trying to make him lose his temper.
(d) That he and his friends are being watched by the Romans.
10. How does Daniel overpower the caravan man who Daniel is supposed to take out?
(a) He takes him out with an arrow.
(b) He twists his arm behind his back and takes away his dagger.
(c) He hits him in the head with a rock.
(d) He has a sword fight with him.
11. What two things make Daniel wait after knocking the old man unconscious?
(a) The old man may die if Daniel does not help him, and Daniel is sorry he attacked the man.
(b) The old man is a Jew and he is old and unarmed.
(c) The old man may have more gold and Daniel may have to kill him.
(d) He might hold the old man for ransom or steal his clothes.
12. What embarrasses Daniel during the meal at Joel's house?
(a) His sitting next to Thacia.
(b) His haircut.
(c) His inability to carry on a conversation.
(d) His ignorance of table manners.
13. What does Daniel do to win the devotion and friendship of the black man?
(a) He gives him some new clothes.
(b) He frees him from his shackles.
(c) He feeds him.
(d) He teaches him to talk.
14. How does Daniel know that Rosh had him watched during the robbery?
(a) Daniel heard voices on the mountainside but did not see anyone.
(b) Rosh tells him that he had him watched.
(c) Rosh knows that Daniel did not return with both of the old man's daggers.
(d) Samson tells him using sign language.
15. What is Daniel's problem with the Jewish merchants in the city?
(a) They will not give alms to the poor who come by.
(b) They joke and talk with the soldiers.
(c) They refuse to look at him because of his clothes.
(d) They overcharge for their goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel witness that makes him vow revenge on the Romans?
2. Why does he stop on his way out of Capernaum?
3. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
4. Does the men of the pack train see the men about to ambush them?
5. How do they get Leah out of the old house and into Simon's house?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)