|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What password do the four boys select for the army they are forming to take to Rosh?
(a) One for all and all for one.
(b) The bronze bow.
(c) Green pastures.
(d) The mountaintop.
2. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
(a) In the small room at the top of the house.
(b) In a small passageway out in the store room.
(c) In Joel's closet.
(d) In a shed in the garden.
3. Who cared for Daniel and Leah after their parents died?
(a) They took care of themselves.
(b) Their grandmother.
(c) Their uncle and his wife.
(d) The people of the village.
4. What name do they give the black man?
(c) Black hulk.
5. What killed Daniel's mother?
(a) She spent three days and nights in the cold at his father's grave and got sick.
(b) A Roman soldier ran her through with his spear.
(c) She went on a hunger strike and died.
(d) She hanged herself from a tree.
6. What is Daniel's problem with the Jewish merchants in the city?
(a) They joke and talk with the soldiers.
(b) They will not give alms to the poor who come by.
(c) They refuse to look at him because of his clothes.
(d) They overcharge for their goods.
7. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
(a) He was dreading to face Rosh with what he had done.
(b) He hoped Joel would come looking for him.
(c) He wanted to live more of the good life.
(d) He thought he might see the carpenter again.
8. What does Daniel decide to do that night?
(a) To kill his first Roman.
(b) To go to Capernaum to find Joel.
(c) To return to the mountain.
(d) To buy Simon's blacksmith shop.
9. Who does Joel bring to Daniel?
10. Why does Daniel have trouble returning to the mountain cave?
(a) He has to go by his village and check on his grandmother and sister.
(b) He leaves in the night and gets lost on the way.
(c) He has overestimated his strength when he left Capernaum.
(d) The Roman soldiers come after him again.
11. What does Daniel tell Joel and Thacia that he has not even told anyone at the cave?
(a) About his running away from Amelek.
(b) About his mother and father.
(c) About his pet goat.
(d) About his sister's weaving.
12. Why does Daniel have to go down to the village?
(a) Rosh wants him to go find new recruits.
(b) He does not have the parts he needs to make Rosh's repairs.
(c) He needs to check on his grandmother and sister.
(d) He gets another message from Simon.
13. How is he useful to Daniel?
(a) Repairing Daniel's clothes.
(b) Hunting for wild game for Daniel to eat.
(c) Carrying Daniel down the mountain.
(d) Keeping the bellows going so Daniel can make steel.
14. Why can Daniel not get the parts he needs from Simon?
(a) Simon's shop is locked up and he has left the village.
(b) Simon will not give him parts for Rosh.
(c) Simon does not have the parts Daniel needs.
(d) Simon is angry with Daniel for not returning to care for his relatives.
15. What is the significance of the blaring trumpet?
(a) It means there is a fire in the village.
(b) It means to get out of the way of Roman soldiers approaching.
(c) It means it is twelve noon.
(d) It means there is a concert in the village square.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a message written on that Ebol brings to Daniel?
2. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
3. Some people do not have a high opinion of Rosh. What do they think he is?
4. What kind of pack train is the one Joel sees on the first day?
5. What is Rosh's attitude when Daniel goes to tell him he now has to stay in the village?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)