|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daniel react when the soldier kicks out at him?
(a) He slaps the horse and makes it rear up.
(b) He throws the bowl and the water at the Roman's face.
(c) He curses the soldier.
(d) He makes a rude gesture.
2. How is he useful to Daniel?
(a) Repairing Daniel's clothes.
(b) Keeping the bellows going so Daniel can make steel.
(c) Carrying Daniel down the mountain.
(d) Hunting for wild game for Daniel to eat.
3. What does Thacia do for Daniel?
(a) Plays music on her harp.
(b) Brings medicine and binds his wound.
(c) Sees that he has a pillow.
(d) Sings him to sleep.
4. Why does Joel insist on staying near Daniel when the pack train is coming?
(a) He thinks Rosh is nearby and wants to meet him.
(b) He wants to see the large black man.
(c) He thinks Daniel is lying to him.
(d) He hopes to get some of the gold.
5. What does Ebol tell Daniel they must take from the passing pack train?
(a) A large black man.
(b) All their money.
(c) Bags of tea.
(d) The cargo of silk.
6. Who tries to follow Daniel as he leaves the camp to return to the village?
(a) Simon the Zealot.
7. What is Daniel like as he enters Capernaum?
(a) He is like a tourist who has never been to the city before.
(b) He is like a thief, hiding in the shadows.
(c) He is like a child who is lost and cannot find his mother.
(d) He is like a young prince who belongs in the city.
8. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
(a) Because Joel is injured.
(b) Because the Romans are coming.
(c) Because of what Joel has seen.
(d) Because Rosh needs more men.
9. What does Daniel decide to do that night?
(a) To go to Capernaum to find Joel.
(b) To kill his first Roman.
(c) To return to the mountain.
(d) To buy Simon's blacksmith shop.
10. What stirs Leah out of the corner during the night?
(a) A rat that comes for the bread.
(b) The small fire Daniel lights.
(c) A snake that drops from the ceiling.
(d) Daniel telling stories of their childhood.
11. What kind of pack train is the one Joel sees on the first day?
(a) A slave train.
(b) A silk train.
(c) A jewel train.
(d) A spice train.
12. What does Daniel tell Joel and Thacia that he has not even told anyone at the cave?
(a) About his mother and father.
(b) About his sister's weaving.
(c) About his running away from Amelek.
(d) About his pet goat.
13. After Rosh chastises Daniel, what does Daniel do?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He goes off by himself and cries.
(c) He goes to work hard at his anvil.
(d) He takes his anger out on Samson.
14. Why does Daniel not resent giving the Roman's horse a drink of water?
(a) He has not yet realized that the rider is a Roman.
(b) This Roman seems different from the others.
(c) He sees the animal is hot and tired.
(d) He is afraid of horses.
15. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
(a) They both come from the same city.
(b) They both know Daniel's grandmother.
(c) Both hate the Romans and want to drive them out.
(d) They are both blacksmiths.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
2. What password do the four boys select for the army they are forming to take to Rosh?
3. What is the symbolism of Daniel beating the flaws out of the hot metal at his anvil?
4. After he confronts the soldier, Daniel does the only thing he can. What is that?
5. What killed Daniel's mother?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)