|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stirs Leah out of the corner during the night?
(a) A rat that comes for the bread.
(b) Daniel telling stories of their childhood.
(c) A snake that drops from the ceiling.
(d) The small fire Daniel lights.
2. How is Simon brought into the camp?
(a) He is blindfolded so he does not know where the cave is.
(b) He is under heavy guard and in chains.
(c) He is carried by Samson.
(d) He is inside a big wooden box.
3. What do most people think that someone is doing on the mountain?
(a) Raising an army to fight the Romans.
(b) Setting up a new government.
(c) Hiding from the law.
(d) Manning a look out post.
4. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
(a) He wanted to live more of the good life.
(b) He thought he might see the carpenter again.
(c) He was dreading to face Rosh with what he had done.
(d) He hoped Joel would come looking for him.
5. What were the last words Daniel ever heard his grandmother say?
(a) Take care of Leah.
(b) I knew it was you.
(c) Where have you been?
(d) Daniel, you've come.
6. How does Daniel overpower the caravan man who Daniel is supposed to take out?
(a) He has a sword fight with him.
(b) He takes him out with an arrow.
(c) He hits him in the head with a rock.
(d) He twists his arm behind his back and takes away his dagger.
7. What is Daniel's problem with the Jewish merchants in the city?
(a) They refuse to look at him because of his clothes.
(b) They overcharge for their goods.
(c) They will not give alms to the poor who come by.
(d) They joke and talk with the soldiers.
8. Where is Daniel from?
9. When Daniel finally gets away from the soldiers, where does he go?
(a) Cephas' house.
(b) Hezron's house.
(c) Simon's house.
(d) The Synagogue.
10. Does the men of the pack train see the men about to ambush them?
(a) No. They are invisible in the rocks.
(b) Yes, but they think they are guarding them from the robbers.
(c) No, but they are prepared to fight them off.
(d) Yes, but they are too far away to be a danger.
11. What does the book Joel reads seem to say?
(a) That they should rise up against men who try to rule them.
(b) That they should accept their conqueror's religion.
(c) That they should cooperate with anyone stronger than they are.
(d) That they should wait patiently for deliverance.
12. How is Samson useful to the camp?
(a) Standing guard at night.
(b) Rolling rocks down the mountainside.
(c) Hauling water and wood.
13. What password do the four boys select for the army they are forming to take to Rosh?
(a) The mountaintop.
(b) The bronze bow.
(c) One for all and all for one.
(d) Green pastures.
14. Why do Joel and his sister Malthace come to the mountain?
(a) Joel is running away from a Roman Legionnaire.
(b) Joel has heard an army is being formed there to fight the Romans.
(c) They want to see the view of the land below.
(d) Malthace is looking for special herbs for healing.
15. What reason does Hezron say the Jews of Capernaum should be grateful to the Romans?
(a) They do not come to the city often.
(b) They post a guard around the synagogue.
(c) They built the beautiful synagogue there.
(d) They have converted to the Jewish religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel recite to Leah and his grandmother just before she dies?
2. What embarrasses Daniel during the meal at Joel's house?
3. Who is waiting for Daniel when he gets back to the mountain?
4. What is Joel's explanation to Daniel for Thacia's strange behavior?
5. How long does Daniel live on the mountain before meeting Joel and Malthace?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)