|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does he stop on his way out of Capernaum?
(a) He is suddenly very tired.
(b) He hears the Romans coming.
(c) He almost goes back to apologize to Hezron.
(d) He is thirsty.
2. Who comes to the blacksmith shop to have a scythe repaired?
(a) A Roman soldier.
3. Why does Daniel not resent giving the Roman's horse a drink of water?
(a) He has not yet realized that the rider is a Roman.
(b) He is afraid of horses.
(c) This Roman seems different from the others.
(d) He sees the animal is hot and tired.
4. Does listening to Jesus speak have any affect on Daniel?
(a) It changes his life.
(b) None whatsoever.
(c) Only for a brief moment.
(d) It makes him question Rosh.
5. What is Daniel's problem with the Jewish merchants in the city?
(a) They will not give alms to the poor who come by.
(b) They overcharge for their goods.
(c) They joke and talk with the soldiers.
(d) They refuse to look at him because of his clothes.
6. What does Thacia do for Daniel?
(a) Sings him to sleep.
(b) Sees that he has a pillow.
(c) Brings medicine and binds his wound.
(d) Plays music on her harp.
7. What story did Simon tell Daniel about Jesus?
(a) How 5,000 people were fed by Jesus.
(b) How they tried to kill him in Nazareth.
(c) How a blind mand was made to see.
(d) How Jesus walked on water.
8. Why do two men stop Daniel as the soldiers pass by?
(a) They are Roman citizens.
(b) They are not yet ready to attack the Roman army.
(c) If the soldiers get angry, they might destroy the village.
(d) They do not want the soldiers to find aout about Rosh.
9. How long does Daniel live on the mountain before meeting Joel and Malthace?
(a) One week.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
10. What does Daniel tell Joel and Thacia that he has not even told anyone at the cave?
(a) About his sister's weaving.
(b) About his mother and father.
(c) About his running away from Amelek.
(d) About his pet goat.
11. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
(a) His responsibilities to his family.
(b) He has to take his sister back down the mountain.
(c) He forgot to bring along extra clothes.
(d) He is afraid of his father.
12. What was Daniel's father trying to do when he was caught and executed?
(a) Get Daniel's uncle out of jail.
(b) Putting poison in the Roman's wine.
(c) Helping people avoid paying their taxes.
(d) Form an army to fight the Romans.
13. How does Daniel react to the sight of the Roman soldiers?
(a) He thinks about joining them.
(b) He begins to yell curses at them.
(c) He starts crying, thinking about his parents.
(d) He runs for cover.
14. What does Daniel tell Joel everyone will know one day?
(a) Jesus' plan for the new kingdom.
(b) How to kill Romans.
(c) The way to the top of the mountain.
(d) Rosh's name.
15. Restless on the mountain, what does Daniel want to do?
(a) Make more swords for the coming battle.
(b) Teach Samson how to speak.
(c) Go to Capernaum and look for Joel.
(d) Return to the village and check on his grandmother and Leah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What killed Daniel's mother?
2. What is Daniel's complaint against his countrymen?
3. What warning does Simon give Daniel before leaving him in charge of the shop?
4. What does Leah tell her pet goat?
5. How is Samson useful to the camp?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)