|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Simon and Rosh differ?
(a) Rosh is lazy but Simon works hard.
(b) Rosh is tall and Simon is short.
(c) They come from different parts of the country.
(d) They have different ideas about how to get rid of the Romans.
2. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
(a) The dust his feet kicks up.
(b) The squalor of the village.
(c) The moon reflecting off the roofs.
(d) The lights of the windows.
3. What does Daniel do to win the devotion and friendship of the black man?
(a) He teaches him to talk.
(b) He frees him from his shackles.
(c) He gives him some new clothes.
(d) He feeds him.
4. What stirs up Daniel's hatred while Jesus is speaking to the crowd?
(a) Two Roman soldiers who walk up to listen.
(b) The noise that makes it hard to hear.
(c) The smell of the rough crowd.
(d) The sight of a Roman cross being carried by.
5. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
(a) He hoped Joel would come looking for him.
(b) He wanted to live more of the good life.
(c) He thought he might see the carpenter again.
(d) He was dreading to face Rosh with what he had done.
6. What does Leah tell her pet goat?
(a) That Daniel will not barbecue it.
(b) That Daniel has come home to protect them.
(c) That her grandmother will probably die now.
(d) That she doesn't know who that strange boy is.
7. How does Joel get injured?
(a) A mule kicks him.
(b) Rosh hits him.
(c) He falls down the mountain.
(d) The big black man hits him.
8. What kind of pack train is the one Joel sees on the first day?
(a) A jewel train.
(b) A silk train.
(c) A spice train.
(d) A slave train.
9. Where does Daniel finally find Joel's house?
(a) Right in the center of the city.
(b) Next door to the synagogue.
(c) Down by the sea of Galilee.
(d) High on a hill overlooking the bay.
10. How does Daniel react to the sight of the Roman soldiers?
(a) He begins to yell curses at them.
(b) He thinks about joining them.
(c) He runs for cover.
(d) He starts crying, thinking about his parents.
11. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
(a) To see if he is all right.
(b) To help him in the blacksmith shop.
(c) To hear the carpenter's son in the synagogue.
(d) To go fishing.
12. Why can Daniel not get the parts he needs from Simon?
(a) Simon does not have the parts Daniel needs.
(b) Simon is angry with Daniel for not returning to care for his relatives.
(c) Simon will not give him parts for Rosh.
(d) Simon's shop is locked up and he has left the village.
13. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
(a) She smiles warmly and invites him in.
(b) She screams for him to go away.
(c) She cannot recall having ever seen him before.
(d) She stares but does not speak.
14. What does Daniel tell Joel everyone will know one day?
(a) Jesus' plan for the new kingdom.
(b) Rosh's name.
(c) How to kill Romans.
(d) The way to the top of the mountain.
15. What warning does Simon give Daniel before leaving him in charge of the shop?
(a) He must never be seen doing any work for the Romans.
(b) He must keep in touch with Rosh.
(c) He must be careful to pay his taxes on time.
(d) He must be civil to the Romans for the sake of the entire village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel leave Hezron's house suddenly?
2. How does Daniel finally get back to the cave?
3. How is he useful to Daniel?
4. Where is Daniel from?
5. After he confronts the soldier, Daniel does the only thing he can. What is that?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)