|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the book Joel reads seem to say?
(a) That they should cooperate with anyone stronger than they are.
(b) That they should wait patiently for deliverance.
(c) That they should rise up against men who try to rule them.
(d) That they should accept their conqueror's religion.
2. What is Joel's explanation to Daniel for Thacia's strange behavior?
(a) That she's still not accustomed to living in the city.
(b) That she's being trained to be in charge of a household.
(c) That she's putting on city airs these days.
(d) That she's been ill lately.
3. What embarrasses Daniel during the meal at Joel's house?
(a) His inability to carry on a conversation.
(b) His haircut.
(c) His sitting next to Thacia.
(d) His ignorance of table manners.
4. What does Ebol tell Daniel they must take from the passing pack train?
(a) Bags of tea.
(b) The cargo of silk.
(c) All their money.
(d) A large black man.
5. What does Simon suggest after the grandmother dies?
(a) That Daniel get a job as tax collector.
(b) That Daniel find someone to take care of Leah.
(c) That Daniel come with him to follow the carpenter.
(d) That Daniel take over his blacksmith shop in Ketzah.
6. Why did Daniel run away from Ketzah in the first place?
(a) He threw stones at Roman soldiers and they were looking for him.
(b) His girlfriend married another man.
(c) His grandmother threw him out of her house.
(d) His master beat him every day.
7. What is Rosh's attitude when Daniel goes to tell him he now has to stay in the village?
(a) He gives Daniel money for all the work he did for him.
(b) He tells Daniel to take Samson with him for protection.
(c) He laughs and says he will help him.
(d) He asks if Daniel's worthless sister is more important than his countrymen?
8. Who comes looking for Daniel?
(a) Amelek, the blacksmith who beat Daniel.
(b) Simon, the blacksmith who helped Daniel.
(c) Joel and Thrace.
(d) The Roman Legionnaires.
9. Why does Daniel not like Nathan at first?
(a) The boy tries to look into the house to see Leah.
(b) The boy brags too much.
(c) He learns that his father is a tax collector the the Romans.
(d) The boy is rude.
10. How does Daniel react to the sight of the Roman soldiers?
(a) He thinks about joining them.
(b) He begins to yell curses at them.
(c) He starts crying, thinking about his parents.
(d) He runs for cover.
11. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
(a) To see if he is all right.
(b) To hear the carpenter's son in the synagogue.
(c) To go fishing.
(d) To help him in the blacksmith shop.
12. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
(a) She welcomes him and gives him a drink.
(b) She begs him to leave and never return.
(c) She takes him to a place to wait for Joel.
(d) She faints.
13. What causes Thacia to change her attitude to Daniel?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) Joel returns and scolds her severely.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He passes out and she discovers that he is wounded.
14. Why does Daniel not resent giving the Roman's horse a drink of water?
(a) He is afraid of horses.
(b) He sees the animal is hot and tired.
(c) This Roman seems different from the others.
(d) He has not yet realized that the rider is a Roman.
15. How long does Daniel live on the mountain before meeting Joel and Malthace?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One week.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daniel overpower the caravan man who Daniel is supposed to take out?
2. What were the last words Daniel ever heard his grandmother say?
3. What stirs up Daniel's hatred while Jesus is speaking to the crowd?
4. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
5. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)