Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most people think that someone is doing on the mountain?
(a) Hiding from the law.
(b) Setting up a new government.
(c) Raising an army to fight the Romans.
(d) Manning a look out post.
2. Why do Joel and his sister Malthace come to the mountain?
(a) Joel has heard an army is being formed there to fight the Romans.
(b) Malthace is looking for special herbs for healing.
(c) They want to see the view of the land below.
(d) Joel is running away from a Roman Legionnaire.
3. What password do the four boys select for the army they are forming to take to Rosh?
(a) The bronze bow.
(b) Green pastures.
(c) The mountaintop.
(d) One for all and all for one.
4. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
(a) He forgot to bring along extra clothes.
(b) He is afraid of his father.
(c) He has to take his sister back down the mountain.
(d) His responsibilities to his family.
5. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
(a) To hear the carpenter's son in the synagogue.
(b) To go fishing.
(c) To help him in the blacksmith shop.
(d) To see if he is all right.
6. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
(a) Because Rosh needs more men.
(b) Because Joel is injured.
(c) Because the Romans are coming.
(d) Because of what Joel has seen.
7. Who is waiting for Daniel when he gets back to the mountain?
8. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
(a) He hoped Joel would come looking for him.
(b) He wanted to live more of the good life.
(c) He was dreading to face Rosh with what he had done.
(d) He thought he might see the carpenter again.
9. What story did Simon tell Daniel about Jesus?
(a) How 5,000 people were fed by Jesus.
(b) How Jesus walked on water.
(c) How they tried to kill him in Nazareth.
(d) How a blind mand was made to see.
10. Why does Daniel have to go down to the village?
(a) He gets another message from Simon.
(b) He needs to check on his grandmother and sister.
(c) He does not have the parts he needs to make Rosh's repairs.
(d) Rosh wants him to go find new recruits.
11. Does listening to Jesus speak have any affect on Daniel?
(a) It makes him question Rosh.
(b) Only for a brief moment.
(c) None whatsoever.
(d) It changes his life.
12. How is Simon brought into the camp?
(a) He is blindfolded so he does not know where the cave is.
(b) He is carried by Samson.
(c) He is under heavy guard and in chains.
(d) He is inside a big wooden box.
13. What does Rosh want Daniel to do as a favor to him?
(a) Make him a suit of armor.
(b) Repair a dagger that is special to him.
(c) Go back to Capernaum and steal from Joel's house.
(d) Teach Samson that he must obey Rosh.
14. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
(a) She smiles warmly and invites him in.
(b) She screams for him to go away.
(c) She cannot recall having ever seen him before.
(d) She stares but does not speak.
15. How is Samson useful to the camp?
(a) Standing guard at night.
(b) Rolling rocks down the mountainside.
(c) Hauling water and wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joel bring to Daniel?
2. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
3. Why do they now have twice as much water in the camp?
4. What is Simon's message for Daniel?
5. What does Daniel witness that makes him vow revenge on the Romans?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)