|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What embarrasses Daniel during the meal at Joel's house?
(a) His inability to carry on a conversation.
(b) His ignorance of table manners.
(c) His haircut.
(d) His sitting next to Thacia.
2. How does Daniel react when the soldier kicks out at him?
(a) He makes a rude gesture.
(b) He curses the soldier.
(c) He throws the bowl and the water at the Roman's face.
(d) He slaps the horse and makes it rear up.
3. What is the significance of the blaring trumpet?
(a) It means there is a fire in the village.
(b) It means there is a concert in the village square.
(c) It means to get out of the way of Roman soldiers approaching.
(d) It means it is twelve noon.
4. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
(a) Because the Romans are coming.
(b) Because Rosh needs more men.
(c) Because of what Joel has seen.
(d) Because Joel is injured.
5. The grandmother's house is falling down. Where do Leah and Daniel go to live?
(a) Simon's house that is attached to his blacksmith shop.
(b) In the garden behind the blacksmith shop.
(c) With relatives who live next to the blacksmith shop.
(d) In a tent Daniel puts up near the blacksmith shop.
6. What does Simon bring for Daniel?
(a) A bar of soap.
(b) Some books.
(c) Garden vegetables.
(d) A clean cloak.
7. What does Leah tell her pet goat?
(a) That she doesn't know who that strange boy is.
(b) That Daniel will not barbecue it.
(c) That her grandmother will probably die now.
(d) That Daniel has come home to protect them.
8. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
(a) She smiles warmly and invites him in.
(b) She screams for him to go away.
(c) She stares but does not speak.
(d) She cannot recall having ever seen him before.
9. What makes Daniel return to Ketzah?
(a) Rosh drives him away.
(b) His grandmother is dying.
(c) Leah has run away.
(d) His grandmother's house burned to the ground.
10. What two things make Daniel wait after knocking the old man unconscious?
(a) He might hold the old man for ransom or steal his clothes.
(b) The old man is a Jew and he is old and unarmed.
(c) The old man may die if Daniel does not help him, and Daniel is sorry he attacked the man.
(d) The old man may have more gold and Daniel may have to kill him.
11. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
(a) The dust his feet kicks up.
(b) The lights of the windows.
(c) The squalor of the village.
(d) The moon reflecting off the roofs.
12. What does Daniel recite to Leah and his grandmother just before she dies?
(a) The passage he learned from Joel.
(b) The twenty-third psalm.
(c) The sermon he heard the carpenter speak.
(d) Some his own poetry.
13. Restless on the mountain, what does Daniel want to do?
(a) Return to the village and check on his grandmother and Leah.
(b) Go to Capernaum and look for Joel.
(c) Make more swords for the coming battle.
(d) Teach Samson how to speak.
14. What kind of pack train is the one Joel sees on the first day?
(a) A slave train.
(b) A spice train.
(c) A jewel train.
(d) A silk train.
15. What password do the four boys select for the army they are forming to take to Rosh?
(a) The mountaintop.
(b) The bronze bow.
(c) Green pastures.
(d) One for all and all for one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel feel ashamed?
2. What warning does Simon give Daniel before leaving him in charge of the shop?
3. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
4. What does the doctor say kept the old woman alive for so long?
5. What story did Simon tell Daniel about Jesus?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)