Short Essay Questions Key
1. As the story begins, describe Daniel bar Jamin, where he is, and what he is doing.
2. As the figures approach, Daniel understands that they are brother and sister. How?
3. When Daniel recognizes Joel and Thacia, how does he feel about them?
4. Watching Joel and his sister on the side of the mountain, what memories come back to Daniel?
5. What is Joel's real reason for climbing the mountain?
6. Joel follows Daniel into the ambush of a caravan. What are they after?
7. What is Rosh's reaction to finding Joel there after the ambush?
8. Tell how Daniel frees the slave they begin to call Samson.
9. What effect does Daniel's kindness have on Samson?
10. Why does Simon not join forces with Rosh?
11. Describe the grandmother's house.
12. What does Leah think after Daniel returns.
13. Why does Simon come to take Daniel to the synagogue the next morning?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)