|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joel's explanation to Daniel for Thacia's strange behavior?
(a) That she's still not accustomed to living in the city.
(b) That she's putting on city airs these days.
(c) That she's being trained to be in charge of a household.
(d) That she's been ill lately.
2. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
(a) She begs him to leave and never return.
(b) She faints.
(c) She takes him to a place to wait for Joel.
(d) She welcomes him and gives him a drink.
3. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
(a) In Joel's closet.
(b) In a small passageway out in the store room.
(c) In the small room at the top of the house.
(d) In a shed in the garden.
4. Where does Daniel finally find Joel's house?
(a) High on a hill overlooking the bay.
(b) Right in the center of the city.
(c) Next door to the synagogue.
(d) Down by the sea of Galilee.
5. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
(a) That she wants to get married.
(b) That she wants to go to Capernaum.
(c) That she talks to their grandmother at night.
(d) That the Roman soldier is lonely and homesick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joel supposed to find out?
2. What gift does Thacia leave for Leah?
3. What does Simon say keeps people from happiness and fulfillment?
4. Who are the surprise visitors at the blacksmith shop?
5. What does Daniel tell Joel and Thacia that he has not even told anyone at the cave?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)