|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Thacia to change her attitude to Daniel?
(a) He passes out and she discovers that he is wounded.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) Joel returns and scolds her severely.
2. What is clear about Daniel in relationship to the boys now?
(a) The boys will now be afraid to face the Romans again.
(b) His authority as leader is unquestioned.
(c) He cannot raise an army now.
(d) Daniel will no longer be their leader.
3. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
(a) He forgot to bring along extra clothes.
(b) His responsibilities to his family.
(c) He has to take his sister back down the mountain.
(d) He is afraid of his father.
4. Daniel returns to Ketzah thinking that he has only two allies. What are they?
(a) Joel and Thacia.
(b) Jesus and Simon.
(c) His work and his sister.
(d) His hatred and his vow.
5. How does Daniel finally get back to the cave?
(a) He rests at the foot of the mountain and continues the next morning.
(b) Samson is waiting for him and carries him to the cave.
(c) The sight of Roman soldiers in the valley below make him hurry on.
(d) Rosh sends out a patrol to find him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
2. What is the significance of the blaring trumpet?
3. Does the men of the pack train see the men about to ambush them?
4. Why does Daniel have trouble returning to the mountain cave?
5. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)