|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Romans leave by the side of the road?
(a) Captives who were too exhausted to walk farther.
(b) Some gear after a pack horse died.
(c) Some kind of machine.
(d) Some swords they forgot after taking a brief rest.
2. When the huge boulder goes crashing down the cliff, what does Daniel realize?
(a) His plan was not going to work.
(b) Samson had followed him.
(c) God had made the big rock fall.
(d) There were Romans up above his men.
3. What does Daniel witness that makes him vow revenge on the Romans?
(a) The burning of Ketzah.
(b) The abduction of his sister.
(c) The destruction of his grandmother's house.
(d) The crucifixion of his father and the death of his mother.
4. How did they know it was Rosh who had committed the robberies?
(a) Rosh left his signature at each of the houses.
(b) The servants in the houses recognized Rosh and his men.
(c) Two men had been captured at the sixth house and one of them confessed.
(d) The men all wore a red R on their cloaks.
5. Why is Daniel ashamed of himself?
(a) He gave the brooch to Thacia instead of Leah.
(b) He did not go looking for the Roman soldier to kill him.
(c) He has failed in everything he tried to do.
(d) He realizes that his outburst of temper with Leah has undone all her progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel think regarding his relationship to Joel?
2. What is Rosh's attitude when Daniel goes to tell him he now has to stay in the village?
3. What embarrasses Daniel during the meal at Joel's house?
4. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
5. Where is Daniel from?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)