|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daniel react when the soldier kicks out at him?
(a) He curses the soldier.
(b) He makes a rude gesture.
(c) He throws the bowl and the water at the Roman's face.
(d) He slaps the horse and makes it rear up.
2. What does Simon suggest after the grandmother dies?
(a) That Daniel take over his blacksmith shop in Ketzah.
(b) That Daniel come with him to follow the carpenter.
(c) That Daniel find someone to take care of Leah.
(d) That Daniel get a job as tax collector.
3. Why does Daniel now reject Rosh?
(a) He is robbing their own people and getting weaker instead of stronger.
(b) He is angry because Rosh thinks he is weak.
(c) Rosh is acting too quickly and the Romans will overpower him.
(d) Rosh is taking too much time to train an army.
4. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
(a) The squalor of the village.
(b) The moon reflecting off the roofs.
(c) The dust his feet kicks up.
(d) The lights of the windows.
5. When Daniel finally gets away from the soldiers, where does he go?
(a) Simon's house.
(b) Hezron's house.
(c) The Synagogue.
(d) Cephas' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Daniel insist that Joel go?
2. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
3. What does Rosh want Daniel to do as a favor to him?
4. Who cared for Daniel and Leah after their parents died?
5. What is Daniel's complaint against his countrymen?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)