|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Daniel run away from Ketzah in the first place?
(a) His master beat him every day.
(b) His grandmother threw him out of her house.
(c) His girlfriend married another man.
(d) He threw stones at Roman soldiers and they were looking for him.
2. Seeing how delighted Leah is with Thacia's gift, what does Daniel decide to do?
(a) Buy something expensive to give to Thacia the next time she comes.
(b) Go to the market and buy cloth for Leah to make into a dress.
(c) Forbid Thacia to come back again.
(d) Go get some special food for their supper that night.
3. What is the symbolism of Daniel beating the flaws out of the hot metal at his anvil?
(a) It symbolizes what he would like to do to Rosh.
(b) He is trying to remove what he sees as flaws in himself.
(c) It symbolizes what he would like to do to a Roman soldier.
(d) He is keeping busy so he doesn't have to think.
4. How is Samson useful to the camp?
(a) Rolling rocks down the mountainside.
(b) Hauling water and wood.
(c) Standing guard at night.
5. After Daniel returns, what trial does Rosh put Daniel through?
(a) He is to sell Rosh his sister Leah.
(b) He is to kill Samson.
(c) He is to survive 40 days and nights in the desert.
(d) He is to rob an old miser of his gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daniel react to the sight of the Roman soldiers?
2. Why do they now have twice as much water in the camp?
3. When Rosh again accuses Daniel of weakness, what does Daniel do?
4. How does Daniel overpower the caravan man who Daniel is supposed to take out?
5. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)