|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosh suddenly allow some of the boys from the village to join his group?
(a) The boys have now grown old enough.
(b) The caravans are more guarded and Rosh is losing his men.
(c) The boys might tell the Romans where he is if Rosh does not admit them.
(d) The boys are now well trained in warfare.
2. What causes Thacia to change her attitude to Daniel?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He passes out and she discovers that he is wounded.
(c) Joel returns and scolds her severely.
(d) He kisses her.
3. After Nathan tells his story to Daniel, what does Daniel decide to do?
(a) Offer to let Nathan stay the night in the shop.
(b) Walk Nathan home in case more village boys try to attack him.
(c) Disguise Nathan as a woman.
(d) Teach Nathan how to fight.
4. What mistake does Daniel make when the Roman asks for a drink?
(a) He offers the same water from which the horse has drunk.
(b) He forgets to bow.
(c) He spills the water on the Roman's boot.
(d) He refuses to do it.
5. Daniel begins to see the boys in a different light. How does he see them?
(a) Not as soldiers but as petty thieves.
(b) Not able to carry out the difficult assignments from Rosh.
(c) As grateful to him for helping them get into Rosh's band.
(d) As not trained enough to do the jobs they are given.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rosh's reaction to the news of Joel's situation?
2. How do Daniel and Thacia plan to give Joel an alibi in the event he is suspected?
3. Who tries to follow Daniel as he leaves the camp to return to the village?
4. What stirs Leah out of the corner during the night?
5. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)