|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daniel's complaint against his countrymen?
(a) They don't see anything wrong with the Romans.
(b) They have no ambition.
(c) They are always talking but never acting.
(d) They are just like the Romans.
2. What is the significance of the blaring trumpet?
(a) It means there is a concert in the village square.
(b) It means to get out of the way of Roman soldiers approaching.
(c) It means there is a fire in the village.
(d) It means it is twelve noon.
3. The next day, what is everyone talking about?
(a) How Rosh had killed the guards at the houses he robbed.
(b) How Rosh attacked the banquet and robbed the guests.
(c) How Rosh and his men robbed five wealthy houses the night before.
(d) How Rosh had missed the wealthiest houses in the city.
4. What is clear about Daniel in relationship to the boys now?
(a) The boys will now be afraid to face the Romans again.
(b) His authority as leader is unquestioned.
(c) Daniel will no longer be their leader.
(d) He cannot raise an army now.
5. What surprise does Daniel find when he and Joel return to the shop?
(a) Leah and Thacia are chatting in the house.
(b) Leah is teaching Thacia how to weave.
(c) Thacia is making a bit for the Roman soldier's horse.
(d) Thacia and Leah have disappeared.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Daniel and Thacia plan to give Joel an alibi in the event he is suspected?
2. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
3. What does Simon suggest after the grandmother dies?
4. How is he useful to Daniel?
5. Why does Jairus, a ruler of the synagogue, come to see Jesus?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)