|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Daniel and Joel leave Leah in the shop?
(a) She will return to Capernaum before they get back.
(b) There is someone Daniel wants Joel to meet.
(c) It is too hot for a girl outside.
(d) Thacia can sell things while they are gone.
2. What confuses Daniel's thinking after the robberies?
(a) He thinks Joel should get more credit.
(b) He wonders why Rosh is acting now.
(c) He observes that there are large armies already on the mountain.
(d) He feels that simple robberies were not meaningful.
3. What warning does Simon give Daniel before leaving him in charge of the shop?
(a) He must be civil to the Romans for the sake of the entire village.
(b) He must be careful to pay his taxes on time.
(c) He must never be seen doing any work for the Romans.
(d) He must keep in touch with Rosh.
4. Why does Joel insist on staying near Daniel when the pack train is coming?
(a) He hopes to get some of the gold.
(b) He thinks Daniel is lying to him.
(c) He thinks Rosh is nearby and wants to meet him.
(d) He wants to see the large black man.
5. What is Rosh's attitude when Daniel goes to tell him he now has to stay in the village?
(a) He tells Daniel to take Samson with him for protection.
(b) He asks if Daniel's worthless sister is more important than his countrymen?
(c) He laughs and says he will help him.
(d) He gives Daniel money for all the work he did for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
2. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
3. How long does Daniel live on the mountain before meeting Joel and Malthace?
4. Why does Rosh suddenly allow some of the boys from the village to join his group?
5. When Leah asks about the crowds that go see Jesus, Daniel asks if she would like to go. What does she do?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)