|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
(a) That the Roman soldier is lonely and homesick.
(b) That she talks to their grandmother at night.
(c) That she wants to go to Capernaum.
(d) That she wants to get married.
2. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
(a) The dust his feet kicks up.
(b) The moon reflecting off the roofs.
(c) The lights of the windows.
(d) The squalor of the village.
3. Why is Daniel continually drawn back to Capernaum?
(a) He has to see Thacia.
(b) Just to get away from Leah and the village for a while.
(c) He is looking for a way to get back in Hezron's good graces.
(d) He is compelled to hear the words of Jesus.
4. Why can Daniel not get the parts he needs from Simon?
(a) Simon will not give him parts for Rosh.
(b) Simon's shop is locked up and he has left the village.
(c) Simon is angry with Daniel for not returning to care for his relatives.
(d) Simon does not have the parts Daniel needs.
5. After Rosh chastises Daniel, what does Daniel do?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He goes to work hard at his anvil.
(c) He goes off by himself and cries.
(d) He takes his anger out on Samson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Simon's message for Daniel?
2. What does Simon suggest after the grandmother dies?
3. What holds Joel back from staying on the mountain with Daniel?
4. What does Daniel tell Joel everyone will know one day?
5. Where does Daniel go and leave Leah alone for one night?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)