|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
(a) That she wants to get married.
(b) That she talks to their grandmother at night.
(c) That the Roman soldier is lonely and homesick.
(d) That she wants to go to Capernaum.
2. What two things make Daniel wait after knocking the old man unconscious?
(a) He might hold the old man for ransom or steal his clothes.
(b) The old man may die if Daniel does not help him, and Daniel is sorry he attacked the man.
(c) The old man is a Jew and he is old and unarmed.
(d) The old man may have more gold and Daniel may have to kill him.
3. As Leah asks more and more questions, Daniel is forced to think about many things. How does he see it affecting him?
(a) Like he no longer hates Romans.
(b) Like he needs to become a teacher and open a school.
(c) Like the way Jesus' teaching has been affecting Joel.
(d) Like he really doesn't know much himself about the world.
4. What is the significance of the blaring trumpet?
(a) It means it is twelve noon.
(b) It means there is a fire in the village.
(c) It means there is a concert in the village square.
(d) It means to get out of the way of Roman soldiers approaching.
5. What kind of pack train is the one Joel sees on the first day?
(a) A spice train.
(b) A slave train.
(c) A silk train.
(d) A jewel train.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
2. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
3. Who is throwing a big banquet in Capernaum?
4. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
5. How do they get Leah out of the old house and into Simon's house?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)