|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
(a) She stares but does not speak.
(b) She smiles warmly and invites him in.
(c) She cannot recall having ever seen him before.
(d) She screams for him to go away.
2. What does Simon bring for Daniel?
(a) Some books.
(b) A clean cloak.
(c) Garden vegetables.
(d) A bar of soap.
3. How is he useful to Daniel?
(a) Hunting for wild game for Daniel to eat.
(b) Keeping the bellows going so Daniel can make steel.
(c) Carrying Daniel down the mountain.
(d) Repairing Daniel's clothes.
4. What does Daniel do to win the devotion and friendship of the black man?
(a) He teaches him to talk.
(b) He frees him from his shackles.
(c) He feeds him.
(d) He gives him some new clothes.
5. How do Simon and Rosh differ?
(a) They have different ideas about how to get rid of the Romans.
(b) Rosh is lazy but Simon works hard.
(c) They come from different parts of the country.
(d) Rosh is tall and Simon is short.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daniel know that Rosh had him watched during the robbery?
2. When he returns, what does Daniel do at night?
3. What does Daniel tell Joel and Thacia that he has not even told anyone at the cave?
4. What does Daniel think at first about how his life is being planned out?
5. What is the symbolism of Daniel beating the flaws out of the hot metal at his anvil?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)