|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Joel and his sister Malthace come to the mountain?
(a) Malthace is looking for special herbs for healing.
(b) Joel has heard an army is being formed there to fight the Romans.
(c) Joel is running away from a Roman Legionnaire.
(d) They want to see the view of the land below.
2. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
(a) That she wants to get married.
(b) That she talks to their grandmother at night.
(c) That she wants to go to Capernaum.
(d) That the Roman soldier is lonely and homesick.
3. Who comes looking for Daniel?
(a) The Roman Legionnaires.
(b) Amelek, the blacksmith who beat Daniel.
(c) Simon, the blacksmith who helped Daniel.
(d) Joel and Thrace.
4. How does Joel persuade Rosh to let him go.
(a) He could be a good spy for Rosh in the village.
(b) Nobody ever believes anything he says.
(c) His family is moving to Capernaum.
(d) He will leave his sister there.
5. Why do Daniel and Joel leave Leah in the shop?
(a) Thacia can sell things while they are gone.
(b) There is someone Daniel wants Joel to meet.
(c) It is too hot for a girl outside.
(d) She will return to Capernaum before they get back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Daniel like as he enters Capernaum?
2. Why does Daniel feel ashamed?
3. When he returns, what does Daniel do at night?
4. How does Daniel react to the sight of the Roman soldiers?
5. What does Daniel recite to Leah and his grandmother just before she dies?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)