|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daniel's complaint against his countrymen?
(a) They have no ambition.
(b) They are always talking but never acting.
(c) They are just like the Romans.
(d) They don't see anything wrong with the Romans.
2. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
(a) The squalor of the village.
(b) The moon reflecting off the roofs.
(c) The lights of the windows.
(d) The dust his feet kicks up.
3. Where is Daniel from?
4. Some people do not have a high opinion of Rosh. What do they think he is?
(a) A coward who is only in hiding.
(b) A Roman soldier who deserted.
(c) A myth.
(d) A bandit who robs everyone.
5. What embarrasses Daniel during the meal at Joel's house?
(a) His ignorance of table manners.
(b) His haircut.
(c) His inability to carry on a conversation.
(d) His sitting next to Thacia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the last words Daniel ever heard his grandmother say?
2. What was Daniel's father trying to do when he was caught and executed?
3. What does Daniel decide to do that night?
4. How does Thacia behave when she sees Daniel?
5. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)