|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most people think that someone is doing on the mountain?
(a) Manning a look out post.
(b) Setting up a new government.
(c) Raising an army to fight the Romans.
(d) Hiding from the law.
2. How does Daniel overpower the caravan man who Daniel is supposed to take out?
(a) He hits him in the head with a rock.
(b) He takes him out with an arrow.
(c) He has a sword fight with him.
(d) He twists his arm behind his back and takes away his dagger.
3. What does Leah tell her pet goat?
(a) That her grandmother will probably die now.
(b) That she doesn't know who that strange boy is.
(c) That Daniel will not barbecue it.
(d) That Daniel has come home to protect them.
4. What is Rosh's attitude when Daniel goes to tell him he now has to stay in the village?
(a) He laughs and says he will help him.
(b) He asks if Daniel's worthless sister is more important than his countrymen?
(c) He gives Daniel money for all the work he did for him.
(d) He tells Daniel to take Samson with him for protection.
5. Why does Rosh suddenly allow some of the boys from the village to join his group?
(a) The caravans are more guarded and Rosh is losing his men.
(b) The boys might tell the Romans where he is if Rosh does not admit them.
(c) The boys have now grown old enough.
(d) The boys are now well trained in warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Daniel run away from Ketzah in the first place?
2. What does Simon say keeps people from happiness and fulfillment?
3. What does Daniel think regarding his relationship to Joel?
4. Who cared for Daniel and Leah after their parents died?
5. What mistake does Daniel make when the Roman asks for a drink?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)