|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After meeting Thacia, about what is Leah suddenly interested in learning more?
(a) How she can meet some boys.
(b) Going shopping in the market.
(c) How to plant and care for a garden.
(d) The girls in the village, how they are, and what they wear.
2. How do Simon and Rosh differ?
(a) They come from different parts of the country.
(b) Rosh is lazy but Simon works hard.
(c) They have different ideas about how to get rid of the Romans.
(d) Rosh is tall and Simon is short.
3. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
(a) They both know Daniel's grandmother.
(b) They are both blacksmiths.
(c) They both come from the same city.
(d) Both hate the Romans and want to drive them out.
4. How does Daniel react when the soldier kicks out at him?
(a) He slaps the horse and makes it rear up.
(b) He curses the soldier.
(c) He makes a rude gesture.
(d) He throws the bowl and the water at the Roman's face.
5. Days after the rescue of Joel, why can't Daniel do much work?
(a) Because of his many injuries.
(b) Because no one will bring him jobs to do.
(c) Because he cannot concentrate.
(d) Because the boys have taken away all his tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
2. How does Daniel finally get back to the cave?
3. What kind of pack train is the one Joel sees on the first day?
4. To what does Daniel attribute Leah's recent improvement?
5. When the huge boulder goes crashing down the cliff, what does Daniel realize?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)