|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Daniel react to the sight of the Roman soldiers?
(a) He runs for cover.
(b) He starts crying, thinking about his parents.
(c) He thinks about joining them.
(d) He begins to yell curses at them.
2. Who cared for Daniel and Leah after their parents died?
(a) Their uncle and his wife.
(b) Their grandmother.
(c) They took care of themselves.
(d) The people of the village.
3. What is the only thing that bothers him about leaving the village?
(a) Not having a torch to carry.
(b) The fear that Rosh will send him away.
(c) His concern for Leah.
(d) That Simon will come after him again.
4. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
(a) Because Joel is injured.
(b) Because of what Joel has seen.
(c) Because the Romans are coming.
(d) Because Rosh needs more men.
5. What does Daniel reflect on about Rosh's business?
(a) Working for Rosh is never exciting like he had imagined.
(b) Rosh's business is not going well at all.
(c) There is nothing to do for days and then they are very busy.
(d) It is hard work that goes on every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daniel do to win the devotion and friendship of the black man?
2. How does Joel get injured?
3. When Daniel finally gets away from the soldiers, where does he go?
4. What story did Simon tell Daniel about Jesus?
5. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)