|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daniel not resent giving the Roman's horse a drink of water?
(a) He is afraid of horses.
(b) This Roman seems different from the others.
(c) He sees the animal is hot and tired.
(d) He has not yet realized that the rider is a Roman.
2. What does Daniel reflect on about Rosh's business?
(a) Rosh's business is not going well at all.
(b) It is hard work that goes on every day.
(c) Working for Rosh is never exciting like he had imagined.
(d) There is nothing to do for days and then they are very busy.
3. Who cared for Daniel and Leah after their parents died?
(a) Their grandmother.
(b) They took care of themselves.
(c) Their uncle and his wife.
(d) The people of the village.
4. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
(a) She faints.
(b) She welcomes him and gives him a drink.
(c) She begs him to leave and never return.
(d) She takes him to a place to wait for Joel.
5. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
(a) He was dreading to face Rosh with what he had done.
(b) He hoped Joel would come looking for him.
(c) He thought he might see the carpenter again.
(d) He wanted to live more of the good life.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Daniel finally gets away from the soldiers, where does he go?
2. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
3. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
4. How does Joel persuade Rosh to let him go.
5. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)