|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of the blaring trumpet?
(a) It means it is twelve noon.
(b) It means to get out of the way of Roman soldiers approaching.
(c) It means there is a fire in the village.
(d) It means there is a concert in the village square.
2. What is the soldier able to do to Daniel?
(a) Hit him in the side with his spear.
(b) Outrun him.
(c) Push him off a cliff.
(d) Chase him up a tree.
3. What does Daniel decide to do that night?
(a) To go to Capernaum to find Joel.
(b) To return to the mountain.
(c) To kill his first Roman.
(d) To buy Simon's blacksmith shop.
4. What killed Daniel's mother?
(a) She spent three days and nights in the cold at his father's grave and got sick.
(b) She hanged herself from a tree.
(c) She went on a hunger strike and died.
(d) A Roman soldier ran her through with his spear.
5. What does the book Joel reads seem to say?
(a) That they should accept their conqueror's religion.
(b) That they should rise up against men who try to rule them.
(c) That they should wait patiently for deliverance.
(d) That they should cooperate with anyone stronger than they are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Daniel when he gets back to the mountain?
2. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
3. What do Simon and Rosh have in common?
4. What was Daniel's father trying to do when he was caught and executed?
5. When Daniel finally gets away from the soldiers, where does he go?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)