|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he confronts the soldier, Daniel does the only thing he can. What is that?
(a) Jump into the well.
(b) Steal a horse and ride toward the mountain.
2. Why do two men stop Daniel as the soldiers pass by?
(a) If the soldiers get angry, they might destroy the village.
(b) They do not want the soldiers to find aout about Rosh.
(c) They are Roman citizens.
(d) They are not yet ready to attack the Roman army.
3. What was Daniel's father trying to do when he was caught and executed?
(a) Helping people avoid paying their taxes.
(b) Form an army to fight the Romans.
(c) Get Daniel's uncle out of jail.
(d) Putting poison in the Roman's wine.
4. Why does Rosh tell Joel he cannot leave after they meet?
(a) Because of what Joel has seen.
(b) Because Joel is injured.
(c) Because Rosh needs more men.
(d) Because the Romans are coming.
5. What does Daniel see that disgusts him as he returns to his grandmother's house?
(a) The squalor of the village.
(b) The lights of the windows.
(c) The dust his feet kicks up.
(d) The moon reflecting off the roofs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pack train is the one Joel sees on the first day?
2. What killed Daniel's mother?
3. What is the soldier able to do to Daniel?
4. What causes Thacia to change her attitude to Daniel?
5. Why does Simon come for Daniel the morning after he arrives back in the village?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)