|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Simon say they have to wash in the pool on the way to the village?
(a) People will fear Daniel because he is so dirty.
(b) There is no water for bathing in the village.
(c) If Daniel doesn't wash, his grandmother will not recognize him.
(d) By the time they arrived, it will already be the Sabbath.
2. What mistake does Daniel make when the Roman asks for a drink?
(a) He refuses to do it.
(b) He forgets to bow.
(c) He spills the water on the Roman's boot.
(d) He offers the same water from which the horse has drunk.
3. How do they get Leah out of the old house and into Simon's house?
(a) By putting a bag over her head so she cannot see.
(b) By taking her goat away from her.
(c) In a liter that is completely veiled.
(d) Kidnapping her at night.
4. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
(a) In a shed in the garden.
(b) In a small passageway out in the store room.
(c) In the small room at the top of the house.
(d) In Joel's closet.
5. Why does Daniel have trouble returning to the mountain cave?
(a) The Roman soldiers come after him again.
(b) He leaves in the night and gets lost on the way.
(c) He has to go by his village and check on his grandmother and sister.
(d) He has overestimated his strength when he left Capernaum.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Daniel finally gets away from the soldiers, where does he go?
2. What warning does Simon give Daniel before leaving him in charge of the shop?
3. What is the soldier able to do to Daniel?
4. When she comes to the door, how does Thacia react to Daniel?
5. What does Daniel think at first about how his life is being planned out?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)