|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Joel and Thacia keeping Daniel?
(a) In a small passageway out in the store room.
(b) In the small room at the top of the house.
(c) In a shed in the garden.
(d) In Joel's closet.
2. Why does Daniel have trouble getting to sleep that night?
(a) He keeps worrying about Leah.
(b) Rosh makes him stand watch part of the night.
(c) He is trying to figure out how he can return full time.
(d) He is uncomfortable on the ground now that he is used to having a soft bed.
3. The grandmother's house is falling down. Where do Leah and Daniel go to live?
(a) Simon's house that is attached to his blacksmith shop.
(b) In the garden behind the blacksmith shop.
(c) With relatives who live next to the blacksmith shop.
(d) In a tent Daniel puts up near the blacksmith shop.
4. What does Leah say that startles Daniel?
(a) That she wants to go to Capernaum.
(b) That she wants to get married.
(c) That the Roman soldier is lonely and homesick.
(d) That she talks to their grandmother at night.
5. How do they get Leah out of the old house and into Simon's house?
(a) In a liter that is completely veiled.
(b) By taking her goat away from her.
(c) By putting a bag over her head so she cannot see.
(d) Kidnapping her at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Daniel have to go down to the village?
2. What causes Thacia to change her attitude to Daniel?
3. After he confronts the soldier, Daniel does the only thing he can. What is that?
4. What does Simon suggest after the grandmother dies?
5. What is Rosh's attitude when Daniel goes to tell him he now has to stay in the village?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)