|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does Daniel make when the Roman asks for a drink?
(a) He offers the same water from which the horse has drunk.
(b) He spills the water on the Roman's boot.
(c) He refuses to do it.
(d) He forgets to bow.
2. What does the group of twenty boys of the bronze bow agree to do?
(a) Not tell anyone where Daniel is.
(b) Set fire to Capernaum.
(c) Go out and look for older men to help them.
(d) Follow Daniel's plan to rescue Joel.
3. What causes Thacia to change her attitude to Daniel?
(a) He passes out and she discovers that he is wounded.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) Joel returns and scolds her severely.
(d) He kisses her.
4. What does Daniel think when a Roman soldier keeps coming back to his shop?
(a) That they are trying to make him lose his temper.
(b) That he and his friends are being watched by the Romans.
(c) That they think he is the boy who insulted the soldier in Capernaum.
(d) That the Romans are trying to kidnap Leah.
5. Why is Daniel not in a hurry to return to the mountain from Joel's house?
(a) He was dreading to face Rosh with what he had done.
(b) He hoped Joel would come looking for him.
(c) He wanted to live more of the good life.
(d) He thought he might see the carpenter again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Daniel react when the soldier kicks out at him?
2. Who comes to the blacksmith shop to have a scythe repaired?
3. Why does Daniel not resent giving the Roman's horse a drink of water?
4. After he confronts the soldier, Daniel does the only thing he can. What is that?
5. What password do the four boys select for the army they are forming to take to Rosh?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)