Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booker ask?
2. What is the name of the person standing over her?
3. Who do the men decide to kill?
4. Where does Booker say the Sheriff is?
5. Where does Sue huddle?
As the crowbar breaks his legs, Johnny-Boy turns his face away from his mother. A few moments later, he turns back to her and asks her to leave.
1. Why do you think Johnny-Boy turned his face away from his mother?
2. Why do you think Johnny-Boy asks Sue to leave?
3. Do you think Sue should have done as her son asked? Why or why not?
The fact that the story takes place on a cold, rainy night is significant in that it represents the despair that Sue has endured thus far in her life. It also serves to create an ominous feeling that almost instantly gives the reader a sense that the story is not going to have a good outcome.
1. When you read the description of the weather at the beginning of the story did you have a sense of what the end might hold? Explain why or why not.
2. Do you think the weather was a type of foreshadowing? Why or why not?
3. Explain an ending to the story you might have expected if the beginning of the story had taken place on a warm, sunny day.
Sue's life thus far has been punctuated by untimely losses; the tragic death of her mother, the untimely death of her husband and Sug's recent incarceration have all combined to essentially strip away everyone that is important to her, except Johnny-Boy.
1. What do you think would be the normal reaction to so much loss in life? Use examples support your answer.
2. Thinking about your life, your parents, siblings and friends, how would your life change if you had lost at least three of those people?
3. Discuss a death you have had in your life or in the life of someone you know.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)