Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booker ask?
2. What is the name of the person standing over her?
3. Who do the men decide to kill?
4. Where does Booker say the Sheriff is?
5. Where does Sue huddle?
Essay Topic 1
As we have suspected from nearly the beginning of the story, Johnny-Boy is killed. The death of Sue, on the other hand, comes as a bit of a surprise.
1. Were you surprised when Sue was killed? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Sue's death was foreshadowed in the story? Why or why not? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
3. Do you think the death of Sue and her son could have happened in the present time? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Sue realizes that she does not fully subscribe to her sons' Communist beliefs, she knows that the Party is extremely important to them.
1. Communism as an ideal seems to be a just and compassionate system of government. The reality is far from the ideal. Why do you think that is true?
2. Do you think that everyone should have access to benefits such as food, clothing, shelter and health care, whether rich or poor? Why or why not?
3. After doing some research of the McCarthy era in America, do you think the U.S. government had the right to persecute people who believed communism was a good system for a society? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
We also see that, despite her son's beliefs, Sue still feels a great deal of hate and distrust with respect to white people.
1. Do you think Sue's feelings towards white people are justified?
2. Some people call the idea of minorities hating the majority "reverse prejudice." What do you think this means and do you believe it exist?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)