Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booker ask?
2. What is the name of the person standing over her?
3. Who do the men decide to kill?
4. Where does Booker say the Sheriff is?
5. Where does Sue huddle?
Essay Topic 1
Sue senses that this will be the last opportunity she will have to spend time with her son, she says "to see him now was to say good-bye. But it was a good-bye she knew she could never say; they were not that way toward each other." From this, we can surmise that, while Sue may not outwardly demonstrate her love for her son, it nonetheless exists.
1. Why do you think Sue and her son are unable to demonstrate their love for each other? Use examples from your experience or knowledge to support your answer.
2. How does your family express love to each other? Use examples to support your answer.
3. Do you think it is better that family members show their love for each other or is it too difficult to do? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Sue's life thus far has been punctuated by untimely losses; the tragic death of her mother, the untimely death of her husband and Sug's recent incarceration have all combined to essentially strip away everyone that is important to her, except Johnny-Boy.
1. What do you think would be the normal reaction to so much loss in life? Use examples support your answer.
2. Thinking about your life, your parents, siblings and friends, how would your life change if you had lost at least three of those people?
3. Discuss a death you have had in your life or in the life of someone you know.
Essay Topic 3
Sue spends the next several hours huddled over her stove contemplating all that has happened. She knows that she will likely never see either of her sons again.
1. Would you consider this a foreshadow? Why or why not?
2. Do you think that Sue's feelings about her son are justified or is it imagination due to a mother's fear? Why or why not?
3. Do you think that most parents worry that something will happen to their child whenever a child leaves the home? Why or why not?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)