Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booker ask?
2. What is the name of the person standing over her?
3. Who do the men decide to kill?
4. Where does Booker say the Sheriff is?
5. Where does Sue huddle?
As we have suspected from nearly the beginning of the story, Johnny-Boy is killed. The death of Sue, on the other hand, comes as a bit of a surprise.
1. Were you surprised when Sue was killed? Why or why not?
2. Do you think Sue's death was foreshadowed in the story? Why or why not? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
3. Do you think the death of Sue and her son could have happened in the present time? Why or why not?
When Sue wakes up with the realization that someone is in her house she goes to the kitchen. The sheriff approaches and tells Sue that he is there to help her.
1. Given the era and setting of this story do you think it is likely the sheriff is telling the truth? Why or why not? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
2. Do you think that most officers of the law are honest, good people? Why or why not? Use examples from your life or knowledge to support your answer.
3. If you woke in the middle of the night and people were in your house, what would you do? Why?
While it may seem inconceivable for a mother to stand by and watch her son be tortured, Sue knows that the emotional pain her son would feel if the other members of the party were seized would be far greater. And so, out of love for her son, she stands quietly by and does not respond to the sheriff's demands.
1. Do you think Sue was right or wrong to worry about her son's emotional pain? Why or why not?
2. How does Sue demonstrate her strength as she stands by while her son is tortured?
3. Do you think you could have done what Sue did? Why or why not?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)