Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booker ask?
2. What is the name of the person standing over her?
3. Who do the men decide to kill?
4. Where does Booker say the Sheriff is?
5. Where does Sue huddle?
Essay Topic 1
When Sue wakes up with the realization that someone is in her house she goes to the kitchen. The sheriff approaches and tells Sue that he is there to help her.
1. Given the era and setting of this story do you think it is likely the sheriff is telling the truth? Why or why not? Use examples from the story to support your answer.
2. Do you think that most officers of the law are honest, good people? Why or why not? Use examples from your life or knowledge to support your answer.
3. If you woke in the middle of the night and people were in your house, what would you do? Why?
Essay Topic 2
When Sue tells one of the men that she is sure her son will eventually be killed, the man tells her that his life can be spared if he gives them the names of his comrades. Sue replies that she knows her son will not do this and so she is prepared for his death.
1. How did you respond to Sue's handling of this part of the situation?
2. Do you think this behavior on Sue's part is realistic in the real world? Why or why not?
3. If your child's life was at stake what would you do in Sue's position?
Essay Topic 3
As the crowbar breaks his legs, Johnny-Boy turns his face away from his mother. A few moments later, he turns back to her and asks her to leave.
1. Why do you think Johnny-Boy turned his face away from his mother?
2. Why do you think Johnny-Boy asks Sue to leave?
3. Do you think Sue should have done as her son asked? Why or why not?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)