|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she do when the sheriff ask her the question from question #74?
2. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about the meeting?
3. How does Sue feel about Reva?
4. How does Sue taunt the Sheriff?
5. What does Johnny-Boy do when he comes home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Booker tell Sue about the sheriff and Johnny-Boy?
2. What does Sue think about her sons?
3. What is Sue told when she said she'd come for Johnny-Boy's body? How does she respond?
4. What is the first thing the men do to Johnny-Boy after Sue arrives and why?
5. What does Sue do after Reva leaves?
6. How does Sue feel about Booker helping her and what does she do?
7. What is making Sue anxious?
8. What does Booker do when Sue recognizes him?
9. Who does Sue hear coming in shortly after she finishes her ironing and what does she feel?
10. What is the weather like in the beginning of this story and what is Sue thinking about as she looks out the window?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sue's life thus far has been punctuated by untimely losses; the tragic death of her mother, the untimely death of her husband and Sug's recent incarceration have all combined to essentially strip away everyone that is important to her, except Johnny-Boy.
1. What do you think would be the normal reaction to so much loss in life? Use examples support your answer.
2. Thinking about your life, your parents, siblings and friends, how would your life change if you had lost at least three of those people?
3. Discuss a death you have had in your life or in the life of someone you know.
Essay Topic 2
We also see that, despite her son's beliefs, Sue still feels a great deal of hate and distrust with respect to white people.
1. Do you think Sue's feelings towards white people are justified?
2. Some people call the idea of minorities hating the majority "reverse prejudice." What do you think this means and do you believe it exist?
Essay Topic 3
As the crowbar breaks his legs, Johnny-Boy turns his face away from his mother. A few moments later, he turns back to her and asks her to leave.
1. Why do you think Johnny-Boy turned his face away from his mother?
2. Why do you think Johnny-Boy asks Sue to leave?
3. Do you think Sue should have done as her son asked? Why or why not?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)