|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word 'reiterate' mean?
(a) To return home.
(b) To say again.
(c) To argue about principle.
(d) To stare in silence.
2. What does Sue say when the Sheriff ask where Johnny-Boy is?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) He is sleeping in his bedroom.
(c) They will have to find him.
(d) He has left town.
3. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
(a) Concentrate on work.
(b) Read the Bible.
(c) Call her sister in Ohio.
(d) Have a glass of whiskey.
4. What does Reva tell Sue about the sheriff?
(a) He raped her.
(b) He was at her home that night.
(c) He was looking for her.
(d) He killed Reva's father.
5. What is Sue primarily afraid of that night?
(a) Reva's father killing Johnny-Boy.
(b) Sug being hung.
(c) Being beaten by the sheriff.
(d) Losing her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue feel in her face?
2. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
3. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
4. What does Sue think the person in her house wants?
5. What does Johnny-Boy do after eating?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Johnny-Boy feel about his mother pushing him?
2. What is Sue told when she said she'd come for Johnny-Boy's body? How does she respond?
3. What does Reva tell Sue?
4. How does Sue feel about facing down the sheriff and what does she do?
5. What does Sue think about her sons?
6. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
7. What did Sue's mother instill in her and how was that tested?
8. What does Sue tell Booker eventually and how does she feel about it?
9. What does the sheriff tell Sue and how does she respond?
10. What does Booker do when Sue recognizes him?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)