|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That she came over.
(c) That her father beat her up.
(d) That she was arrested.
2. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
(a) Reva's father hates him.
(b) He's in love with Reva.
(c) Something terrible has happened to him.
(d) He is at Reva's house.
3. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
(a) For talking back to the sheriff.
(b) For breaking the drug store's window.
(c) For raping a college student.
(d) For not divulging names of others in the party.
4. How does Johnny-Boy feel when his mother keeps talking at him?
5. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy finishes eating?
(a) More laundry.
(b) Starts to iron again.
(c) The dishes.
(d) Goes to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is she told after she speaks to the sheriff?
2. What does Johnny-Boy try to give his mother after dinner?
3. What does the sheriff ask Sue about the meeting?
4. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
5. What does Sue sense that night about her son, Johnny-Boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sue think about her sons?
2. What does Sue do when her son falls asleep and what does she decide?
3. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
4. How does Johnny-Boy respond to his mother's comments about his work?
5. How does Sue react to Reva's thoughts on the situation?
6. What does Sue resolve to do as they take her to the sheriff?
7. What does the sheriff say to Sue as they come up to him?
8. Who does Sue hear coming in shortly after she finishes her ironing and what does she feel?
9. How does Sue feel and what does she tell Booker when he offers to help her?
10. What does Sue tell Booker eventually and how does she feel about it?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)