|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Mend them.
(b) Wash them.
(c) Iron them.
(d) Fold them.
2. When does Sue shut the door after Johnny-Boy leaves?
(a) When she can't hear his foot steps.
(b) When Johnny-Boy gets in his car.
(c) When she sees the sheriff coming.
(d) After sweeping the dust out the door.
3. What does the sheriff tell Sue?
(a) He is there to arrest Johnny-Boy.
(b) He has brought Sug home.
(c) He is there to arrest her.
(d) He is there to help her.
4. What happens when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
(a) Reva comes back.
(b) Lightning hits the house.
(c) He starts to snore.
(d) His pipe drops to the floor.
5. What is Sue primarily afraid of that night?
(a) Reva's father killing Johnny-Boy.
(b) Losing her son.
(c) Sug being hung.
(d) Being beaten by the sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue sense that night about her son, Johnny-Boy?
2. Who are the people in Sue's house?
3. What does Sue do when she quits ironing?
4. When Sue continues to refuse to answer the Sheriff's questions, what does he do?
5. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sue feel about facing down the sheriff and what does she do?
2. What does the sheriff ask her about the meeting and what does he threaten?
3. Who does Sue hear coming in shortly after she finishes her ironing and what does she feel?
4. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
5. How does Sue respond to Johnny-Boy's defense?
6. What does Sue do when she feels she wants to be alone?
7. What does the sheriff ask Sue and what is her reply? What does the sheriff do after she replies to him?
8. What does Johnny-Boy tell his mother about how he sees people?
9. What kind of work does Sue start to do after looking out the window? What does she wish for as she works?
10. What does Sue do about the admonishment from the men and what does the sheriff ask her?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)