|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy?
(a) He will probably move away soon.
(b) He is irresponsible.
(c) He and his father are very much alike.
(d) He has to continue his work for the party.
2. What does Reva tell Sue about the sheriff?
(a) He was at her home that night.
(b) He killed Reva's father.
(c) He raped her.
(d) He was looking for her.
3. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is warm, but cloudy.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is sunny.
4. What does Sue tell the sheriff?
(a) She appreciates his help.
(b) She doubts his sincerity.
(c) He has no warrant.
(d) He is a liar and a fraud.
5. What does the sheriff ask Sue about the meeting?
(a) Where it will be held.
(b) What time it's to start.
(c) Why they are having a meeting.
(d) Who will attend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
2. What does Sue see one of the men in her house do?
3. What does Sue repeat to the men?
4. What is she told after she speaks to the sheriff?
5. By what is Sue consumed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Sue hear coming in shortly after she finishes her ironing and what does she feel?
2. How does Sue react to Reva's thoughts on the situation?
3. What does Sue resolve to do as they take her to the sheriff?
4. What does Sue do when she feels she wants to be alone?
5. What do Reva and Sue wonder about concerning the sheriff?
6. How did life feel to Sue after Sug was arrested?
7. What does Sue do when her son falls asleep and what does she decide?
8. Why can't Sue quit worrying about her son?
9. What do the men do after Sue shoots her gun and how does she feel in the end?
10. What does Sue do about the admonishment from the men and what does the sheriff ask her?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)