|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue sense that night about her son, Johnny-Boy?
(a) He will be shot and killed.
(b) He is going to bust his brother out of jail.
(c) She will soon be saying good-bye to him.
(d) He will soon be married.
2. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't answer all his questions?
(a) He kicks her in the shin.
(b) He slaps her in the face.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He handcuffs her.
3. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
(a) That she came over.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That her father beat her up.
(d) That she was arrested.
4. What does the word 'reiterate' mean?
(a) To say again.
(b) To argue about principle.
(c) To stare in silence.
(d) To return home.
5. What does the sheriff ask Sue about the meeting?
(a) Why they are having a meeting.
(b) Who will attend.
(c) What time it's to start.
(d) Where it will be held.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about the meeting?
2. What is she told after she speaks to the sheriff?
3. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
4. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
5. What does the Sheriff say to Sue about Johnny-Boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sue do for several hours after the sheriff leaves?
2. What does Johnny-Boy do when Sue is standing near him?
3. What does Booker tell Sue as she struggles to her feet?
4. How does Sue reply when the men ask her why she is there?
5. What does Booker tell Sue about the sheriff and Johnny-Boy?
6. How does Sue see Booker when she comes to after the sheriff's beating?
7. How does Sue react to Reva's thoughts on the situation?
8. How does Johnny-Boy respond to his mother's comments about his work?
9. Of what is Sue certain after she hears what Booker says about the sheriff?
10. What happens when Booker comes into the clearing?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)