|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
(a) He thinks she is too religious.
(b) He is irritated by her.
(c) He loves her deeply.
(d) He thinks she is wrong about the party.
2. What does Sue say when the Sheriff ask where Johnny-Boy is?
(a) They will have to find him.
(b) He has left town.
(c) He is sleeping in his bedroom.
(d) She doesn't know.
3. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
(a) Staying alive.
(b) White people's laws.
(c) Winnning the lottery.
(d) Taking care of her sons.
4. When will Sue tell Johnny-Boy the meeting needs to be called off?
(b) After he wakes up and eats.
(c) While he eats.
(d) The day before the meeting.
5. What happens to Sue after question #76?
(a) She goes to jail.
(b) She falls to the floor.
(c) She is raped.
(d) She goes to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the people in Sue's house?
2. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
3. What does Sue do when she quits ironing?
4. How did Sue feel about people who tried to destroy the Party?
5. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sue feel about Booker helping her and what does she do?
2. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't respond to his second request?
3. What do Reva and Sue wonder about concerning the sheriff?
4. What does the sheriff ask her about the meeting and what does he threaten?
5. What is Sue asked as she rises to her feet?
6. What is Sue told when she said she'd come for Johnny-Boy's body? How does she respond?
7. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy and his work?
8. What does the sheriff say to Sue as they come up to him?
9. What does Sue do after Reva leaves?
10. Who comes into the house and what does she say?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)