|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she do when the sheriff ask her the question from question #74?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She doesn't respond.
(c) She says she doesn't know.
(d) She spits in his face.
2. What does Sue think the person in her house wants?
(a) To find Johnny-Boy.
(b) To bring her some food.
(c) To find Reva.
(d) To drop off some laundry.
3. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
(a) For not divulging names of others in the party.
(b) For breaking the drug store's window.
(c) For raping a college student.
(d) For talking back to the sheriff.
4. What does Sue say when the Sheriff ask where Johnny-Boy is?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) He has left town.
(c) They will have to find him.
(d) He is sleeping in his bedroom.
5. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
(a) Make a cup of tea.
(b) Dry her hair.
(c) Take off her wet shoes.
(d) Take a warm shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
2. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
3. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy leaves?
4. What does Sue feel about Johnny-Boy after dinner?
5. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't answer all his questions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sue tell Booker eventually and how does she feel about it?
2. Who does Sue hear coming in shortly after she finishes her ironing and what does she feel?
3. What does Reva tell Sue?
4. How does Sue reply when the men ask her why she is there?
5. What does Booker do when Sue recognizes him?
6. What does Johnny-Boy do when he arrives home?
7. How does Johnny-Boy respond to his mother's comments about his work?
8. What does Sue do for several hours after the sheriff leaves?
9. What did Sue's mother instill in her and how was that tested?
10. What happens as Sue rises to her feet?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)