|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sue is on the floor again, what does the Sheriff do?
(a) Tells her that he'll be back with her son's corpse.
(b) Kicks her in the head and stomach.
(d) Tells her she's under arrest.
2. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
(a) That she came over.
(b) That her father beat her up.
(c) That she was arrested.
(d) That she loves him.
3. What does Sue say when the Sheriff ask where Johnny-Boy is?
(a) They will have to find him.
(b) He has left town.
(c) He is sleeping in his bedroom.
(d) She doesn't know.
4. What does the sheriff ask Sue about the meeting?
(a) Why they are having a meeting.
(b) Where it will be held.
(c) Who will attend.
(d) What time it's to start.
5. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
(a) To get away from her father.
(b) To see if Johnny-Boy was home.
(c) To help wash clothes.
(d) To borrow some sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue feel about Johnny-Boy after dinner?
2. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
3. What does she do when the sheriff ask her the question from question #74?
4. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
5. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't respond to his second request?
2. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy and his work?
3. Who comes into the house and what does she say?
4. What does the sheriff ask her about the meeting and what does he threaten?
5. What does Johnny-Boy do when he arrives home?
6. How does Sue feel about Booker helping her and what does she do?
7. What does Sue do with the gun and where does she go? What does she see as she approaches?
8. What does Johnny-Boy do when Sue is standing near him?
9. What happens to Sue first in the kitchen when she confronts who is in her house?
10. What do the men do after Sue shoots her gun and how does she feel in the end?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)