|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
(b) Vocational school.
2. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Iron them.
(b) Mend them.
(c) Fold them.
(d) Wash them.
3. Why does Sue protect her sons?
(a) Because they believe so strongly in what they're doing.
(b) Because she hates the Sheriff.
(c) Because they have threatened her.
(d) Because she believes as strongly as they do in the Communist ideals.
4. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
(a) For talking back to the sheriff.
(b) For not divulging names of others in the party.
(c) For breaking the drug store's window.
(d) For raping a college student.
5. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
(a) Reva screaming.
(b) The sheriff banging on the door.
(c) A lynch mob.
(d) Johnny-Boy's footsteps.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sue feel about people who tried to destroy the Party?
2. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
3. What does Sue feel about Johnny-Boy after dinner?
4. What does Sue sense that night about her son, Johnny-Boy?
5. What does Sue see one of the men in her house do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reva do and what does she ask Sue?
2. What does the sheriff say to Sue as they come up to him?
3. What does Sue do after she finishes her ironing?
4. What happens to Sue first in the kitchen when she confronts who is in her house?
5. What does Sue tell Booker eventually and how does she feel about it?
6. What does Sue resolve to do as they take her to the sheriff?
7. How does Sue react to Reva's thoughts on the situation?
8. Who comes into the house and what does she say?
9. What does Sue do when she feels she wants to be alone?
10. What happens when Booker comes into the clearing?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)