|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sue feel about Reva?
(a) Is wary of her.
(b) Is afraid of her.
(c) Likes and trusts her.
(d) Is suspicious of her.
2. When Sue continues to refuse to answer the Sheriff's questions, what does he do?
(a) He and his men leave the house.
(b) He offers her money for the answers.
(c) He ties Sue up and begins systematic torture.
(d) He shoots Sue.
3. When is Johnny-Boy happiest?
(a) When he's with Reva.
(b) When he's in school.
(c) When he's fishing.
(d) When he's working for the party.
4. What does Johnny-Boy try to give his mother after dinner?
(a) His laundry from last week.
(c) Some flowers he picked.
(d) Money for the canceled meeting.
5. What is Sue primarily afraid of that night?
(a) Reva's father killing Johnny-Boy.
(b) Losing her son.
(c) Being beaten by the sheriff.
(d) Sug being hung.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reva tell Sue about the sheriff?
2. How does Sue earn her living?
3. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
4. What does Sue feel about Johnny-Boy after dinner?
5. What does the Sheriff say to Sue about Johnny-Boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sue tell Booker eventually and how does she feel about it?
2. What happens when Booker comes into the clearing?
3. What does the sheriff say to Sue as they come up to him?
4. How does Johnny-Boy respond to his mother's comments about his work?
5. How does Sue respond to Johnny-Boy's defense?
6. Why can't Sue quit worrying about her son?
7. What is Sue asked as she rises to her feet?
8. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy and his work?
9. What do the men do after Sue shoots her gun and how does she feel in the end?
10. What kind of work does Sue start to do after looking out the window? What does she wish for as she works?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)