|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sue feel about Reva?
(a) Is afraid of her.
(b) Is suspicious of her.
(c) Likes and trusts her.
(d) Is wary of her.
2. When does Sue shut the door after Johnny-Boy leaves?
(a) When she can't hear his foot steps.
(b) When she sees the sheriff coming.
(c) When Johnny-Boy gets in his car.
(d) After sweeping the dust out the door.
3. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
(a) For not divulging names of others in the party.
(b) For breaking the drug store's window.
(c) For talking back to the sheriff.
(d) For raping a college student.
4. Who does Sue think is responsible for telling the sheriff about the meeting?
(a) She doesn't have an opinion.
(c) Reva's father.
(d) One of the new white people.
5. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
(a) That she came over.
(b) That her father beat her up.
(c) That she was arrested.
(d) That she loves him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
2. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy leaves?
3. What do the people do when Sue speaks to them?
4. What does Johnny-Boy do after eating?
5. What is she told after she speaks to the sheriff?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sue respond to Johnny-Boy's defense?
2. What does the sheriff ask her about the meeting and what does he threaten?
3. What kind of work does Sue start to do after looking out the window? What does she wish for as she works?
4. What happens to Sue first in the kitchen when she confronts who is in her house?
5. How do the other men with the sheriff respond to what she says to him?
6. How did life feel to Sue after Sug was arrested?
7. What does the sheriff ask Sue and what is her reply? What does the sheriff do after she replies to him?
8. How does Sue reply when the men ask her why she is there?
9. What does Sue resolve to do as they take her to the sheriff?
10. What does Johnny-Boy do when Sue is standing near him?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)