|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is warm, but cloudy.
(d) It is raining.
2. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
(a) Being in a pray group.
(b) Talking to her minister.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Old spiritual songs.
3. Why does Sue protect her sons?
(a) Because she believes as strongly as they do in the Communist ideals.
(b) Because she hates the Sheriff.
(c) Because they believe so strongly in what they're doing.
(d) Because they have threatened her.
4. When Sue continues to refuse to answer the Sheriff's questions, what does he do?
(a) He and his men leave the house.
(b) He offers her money for the answers.
(c) He ties Sue up and begins systematic torture.
(d) He shoots Sue.
5. What does Sue do as the Sheriff is leaving?
(a) Shoots him with her shotgun.
(b) Calls the FBI.
(c) Yells after him and tells him what he wants to know.
(d) Yells after him to taunt him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
2. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
3. What does Johnny-Boy do when he comes home?
4. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
5. What does Johnny-Boy do after eating?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Reva feel about Sue's answers to her questions?
2. What do the men do after Sue shoots her gun and how does she feel in the end?
3. What types of trials has Sue handled in her life thus far?
4. What is Sue asked as she rises to her feet?
5. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy and his work?
6. What does Sue do with the gun and where does she go? What does she see as she approaches?
7. What does Johnny-Boy tell his mother about how he sees people?
8. How does Sue respond to Johnny-Boy's defense?
9. What happens to Sue first in the kitchen when she confronts who is in her house?
10. What is the weather like in the beginning of this story and what is Sue thinking about as she looks out the window?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)