|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
(a) He thinks she is wrong about the party.
(b) He thinks she is too religious.
(c) He is irritated by her.
(d) He loves her deeply.
2. What happens when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
(a) He starts to snore.
(b) Reva comes back.
(c) Lightning hits the house.
(d) His pipe drops to the floor.
3. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
(a) Reva screaming.
(b) Johnny-Boy's footsteps.
(c) The sheriff banging on the door.
(d) A lynch mob.
4. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
(a) For breaking the drug store's window.
(b) For raping a college student.
(c) For talking back to the sheriff.
(d) For not divulging names of others in the party.
5. Why does Sue protect her sons?
(a) Because she hates the Sheriff.
(b) Because they have threatened her.
(c) Because they believe so strongly in what they're doing.
(d) Because she believes as strongly as they do in the Communist ideals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue feel in her face?
2. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
3. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
4. What does the Sheriff say to Sue about Johnny-Boy?
5. What does Reva tell Sue about the sheriff?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Johnny-Boy feel about his mother pushing him?
2. How does Sue respond to Johnny-Boy's defense?
3. What does Sue do for several hours after the sheriff leaves?
4. What types of trials has Sue handled in her life thus far?
5. What do Reva and Sue wonder about concerning the sheriff?
6. What does Sue do when her son falls asleep and what does she decide?
7. What does Sue think about her sons?
8. What does Sue do about the admonishment from the men and what does the sheriff ask her?
9. Who does Sue hear coming in shortly after she finishes her ironing and what does she feel?
10. What is the weather like in the beginning of this story and what is Sue thinking about as she looks out the window?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)