|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the most consistent situations we read about in Sue's life?
(a) Having a string of lovers.
(b) Not taking care of her family.
(c) Working too hard, but making good money.
(d) Losing people she loves.
2. What is she told after she speaks to the sheriff?
(a) To remember she's talking to white people.
(b) That she is under arrest.
(c) To listen and shut up.
(d) To fix them food.
3. What does Sue think Johnny-Boy has done wrong regarding the party?
(a) He didn't bring in enough older people.
(b) He shouldn't have joined.
(c) He didn't get outside help.
(d) He let too many whites in too fast.
4. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
(a) It is warm, but cloudy.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is sunny.
5. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
(a) He's in love with Reva.
(b) Something terrible has happened to him.
(c) He is at Reva's house.
(d) Reva's father hates him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
2. What does Johnny-Boy do when he comes home?
3. How does Johnny-Boy feel when his mother keeps talking at him?
4. What does Johnny-Boy do when his mother talks to him about the party?
5. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy finishes eating?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sue respond to Johnny-Boy's defense?
2. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't respond to his second request?
3. What does Sue do after she finishes her ironing?
4. Who does Sue hear coming in shortly after she finishes her ironing and what does she feel?
5. What does Sue first think she should do?
6. What does Booker do when Sue recognizes him?
7. What is Sue doing when she realizes someone is in her house and what does she know about it?
8. What does Reva do and what does she ask Sue?
9. What does Sue do about the admonishment from the men and what does the sheriff ask her?
10. What does Sue do when she wakes with someone in her house?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)