|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy gets ready to leave the house?
(a) Walks him to the door.
(b) Packs him a lunch.
(c) Tries to stop him.
(d) Starts to cry.
2. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(a) Her sister, Ethel.
(b) Her grandmother.
(d) Her dead husband.
3. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
(a) To see if Johnny-Boy was home.
(b) To borrow some sugar.
(c) To get away from her father.
(d) To help wash clothes.
4. What happens to Sue after question #76?
(a) She goes to jail.
(b) She goes to bed.
(c) She falls to the floor.
(d) She is raped.
5. What does the sheriff ask Sue about the meeting?
(a) Why they are having a meeting.
(b) Where it will be held.
(c) Who will attend.
(d) What time it's to start.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does the Sheriff again threaten Sue?
2. What does the sheriff tell Sue?
3. What does Sue see one of the men in her house do?
4. What does the sheriff ask Sue?
5. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sue feel about facing down the sheriff and what does she do?
2. How do the other men with the sheriff respond to what she says to him?
3. How does Sue see Booker when she comes to after the sheriff's beating?
4. What does Sue do when she wakes with someone in her house?
5. What does Johnny-Boy do when Sue is standing near him?
6. What does Sue resolve to do as they take her to the sheriff?
7. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy and his work?
8. How did life feel to Sue after Sug was arrested?
9. What opinion does Sue express to her son about his work?
10. What happens as Sue rises to her feet?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)