|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she do when the sheriff ask her the question from question #74?
(a) She doesn't respond.
(b) She spits in his face.
(c) She says she doesn't know.
(d) She begins to cry.
2. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
(a) It is sunny.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is warm, but cloudy.
3. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(b) Her dead husband.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her sister, Ethel.
4. What does Sue tell the Sheriff about the meeting?
(a) That the location is going to be moved every hour.
(b) That they have canceled the meeting.
(c) That her son is not attending the meeting.
(d) She refuses to tell him anything.
5. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy gets ready to leave the house?
(a) Packs him a lunch.
(b) Starts to cry.
(c) Tries to stop him.
(d) Walks him to the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
2. How does Johnny-Boy feel when his mother keeps talking at him?
3. What does Sue feel in her face?
4. What does Sue do after she shuts the door?
5. What does Sue do when she quits ironing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sue feel about Booker helping her and what does she do?
2. How does Sue see Booker when she comes to after the sheriff's beating?
3. What does Johnny-Boy do when he arrives home?
4. What do the men do after Sue shoots her gun and how does she feel in the end?
5. What does Reva do and what does she ask Sue?
6. What is making Sue anxious?
7. What does Sue resolve to do as they take her to the sheriff?
8. What does Sue do when her son falls asleep and what does she decide?
9. What is Sue told when she said she'd come for Johnny-Boy's body? How does she respond?
10. How does Sue feel about facing down the sheriff and what does she do?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)