|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johnny-Boy see the people he encounters?
(a) As black or white.
(b) As young or old.
(c) As communist or not.
(d) As rich or poor.
2. What does Sue repeat to the men?
(a) Asks if they want a cup of coffee.
(b) Asks them to sit down.
(c) Threatens to call the police.
(d) Tells them to leave.
3. What is Sue primarily afraid of that night?
(a) Sug being hung.
(b) Being beaten by the sheriff.
(c) Reva's father killing Johnny-Boy.
(d) Losing her son.
4. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
(a) For breaking the drug store's window.
(b) For not divulging names of others in the party.
(c) For talking back to the sheriff.
(d) For raping a college student.
5. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
(a) He loves her deeply.
(b) He thinks she is wrong about the party.
(c) He is irritated by her.
(d) He thinks she is too religious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Sue proud?
2. When Sue continues to refuse to answer the Sheriff's questions, what does he do?
3. What does the Sheriff do when he hears Sue yell at him?
4. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
5. What does Sue say to the people in her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sue do when she wakes with someone in her house?
2. What does the sheriff tell Sue and how does she respond?
3. What does Sue do when she feels she wants to be alone?
4. What does Reva do and what does she ask Sue?
5. Of what is Sue certain after she hears what Booker says about the sheriff?
6. How does Sue feel about facing down the sheriff and what does she do?
7. What is Sue doing when she realizes someone is in her house and what does she know about it?
8. What does Sue do after Reva leaves?
9. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
10. What do the men do after Sue shoots her gun and how does she feel in the end?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)