|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
(a) It will be full.
(b) It will last all night.
(c) It should be interesting.
(d) It should be canceled.
2. What does Johnny-Boy do when he comes home?
(a) Eats dinner.
(b) Takes off his shoes and lights his pipe.
(c) Goes to bed.
(d) Takes a shower.
3. What does Sue tell the sheriff?
(a) He is a liar and a fraud.
(b) He has no warrant.
(c) She doubts his sincerity.
(d) She appreciates his help.
4. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy?
(a) He is irresponsible.
(b) He and his father are very much alike.
(c) He has to continue his work for the party.
(d) He will probably move away soon.
5. What does Johnny-Boy try to give his mother after dinner?
(a) Some flowers he picked.
(b) Money for the canceled meeting.
(d) His laundry from last week.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Sue shut the door after Johnny-Boy leaves?
2. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
3. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
4. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
5. What does Sue do when she quits ironing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the sheriff say to Sue as they come up to him?
2. What does Booker tell Sue as she struggles to her feet?
3. How does Sue respond to Johnny-Boy's defense?
4. What does Johnny-Boy tell his mother about how he sees people?
5. What does Sue finally decide to do?
6. What does Reva do and what does she ask Sue?
7. What types of trials has Sue handled in her life thus far?
8. How does Sue feel about facing down the sheriff and what does she do?
9. What does Johnny-Boy do when he arrives home?
10. How does Johnny-Boy respond to his mother's comments about his work?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)