|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she do when the sheriff ask her the question from question #74?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She spits in his face.
(c) She doesn't respond.
(d) She says she doesn't know.
2. What is Sue doing when she realizes someone is in her house?
(a) Washing clothes.
3. When does Sue shut the door after Johnny-Boy leaves?
(a) When she can't hear his foot steps.
(b) After sweeping the dust out the door.
(c) When Johnny-Boy gets in his car.
(d) When she sees the sheriff coming.
4. What does the word 'reiterate' mean?
(a) To say again.
(b) To argue about principle.
(c) To return home.
(d) To stare in silence.
5. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
(a) He thinks she is too religious.
(b) He thinks she is wrong about the party.
(c) He loves her deeply.
(d) He is irritated by her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
2. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
3. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
4. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
5. How does Sue earn her living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny-Boy do when Sue is standing near him?
2. What does the sheriff ask Sue and what is her reply? What does the sheriff do after she replies to him?
3. What does Booker do when Sue recognizes him?
4. Who does Sue hear coming in shortly after she finishes her ironing and what does she feel?
5. What does Booker tell Sue as she struggles to her feet?
6. How does Sue feel about Booker helping her and what does she do?
7. Of what is Sue certain after she hears what Booker says about the sheriff?
8. What does Johnny-Boy tell his mother about how he sees people?
9. How does Johnny-Boy respond to his mother's comments about his work?
10. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't respond to his second request?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)