|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sue earn her living?
(a) Serving in the school's cafeteria.
(b) Cleaning houses.
(c) By washing and ironing other people's laundry.
(d) Sewing clothes.
2. What is she told after she speaks to the sheriff?
(a) To remember she's talking to white people.
(b) To listen and shut up.
(c) That she is under arrest.
(d) To fix them food.
3. What does the word 'reiterate' mean?
(a) To return home.
(b) To stare in silence.
(c) To argue about principle.
(d) To say again.
4. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
(a) Tending to a foaling mare.
(b) Notifying others of a meeting.
(c) Working at the gas station.
5. What does Sue sense that night about her son, Johnny-Boy?
(a) He will be shot and killed.
(b) He will soon be married.
(c) He is going to bust his brother out of jail.
(d) She will soon be saying good-bye to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the most consistent situations we read about in Sue's life?
2. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
3. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
4. How does Sue feel towards white people?
5. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sue doing when she realizes someone is in her house and what does she know about it?
2. What happens as Sue rises to her feet?
3. What does the sheriff ask Sue and what is her reply? What does the sheriff do after she replies to him?
4. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't respond to his second request?
5. What does Sue do with the gun and where does she go? What does she see as she approaches?
6. What is Sue told when she said she'd come for Johnny-Boy's body? How does she respond?
7. What does Reva do and what does she ask Sue?
8. Why can't Sue quit worrying about her son?
9. How does Johnny-Boy respond to his mother's comments about his work?
10. What happens with Sue soon after the sheriff left?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)