|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sheriff say to Sue about Johnny-Boy?
(a) If they need to look for him they will still find him.
(b) If they need to look for him they will arrest him.
(c) If they need to look for him they will kill him.
(d) They don't say anything.
2. What is Sue doing when she realizes someone is in her house?
(d) Washing clothes.
3. Who are the people in Sue's house?
(a) Women from the church.
(b) Several white men.
(c) Johnny-Boy and comrades.
(d) Reva and her father.
4. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
(a) To help wash clothes.
(b) To borrow some sugar.
(c) To see if Johnny-Boy was home.
(d) To get away from her father.
5. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(a) Her sister, Ethel.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her dead husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
2. How did Sue feel about people who tried to destroy the Party?
3. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
4. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy gets ready to leave the house?
5. What happens when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Sue quit worrying about her son?
2. What does Sue do about the admonishment from the men and what does the sheriff ask her?
3. How does Sue react to Reva's thoughts on the situation?
4. What does Johnny-Boy tell his mother about how he sees people?
5. What does Sue do when she feels she wants to be alone?
6. What does Booker tell Sue about the sheriff and Johnny-Boy?
7. What is making Sue anxious?
8. How does Sue reply when the men ask her why she is there?
9. What happens to Sue first in the kitchen when she confronts who is in her house?
10. What does the sheriff say to Sue as they come up to him?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)