|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Sue is on the floor again, what does the Sheriff do?
(b) Tells her she's under arrest.
(c) Kicks her in the head and stomach.
(d) Tells her that he'll be back with her son's corpse.
2. What does Sue say when the Sheriff ask where Johnny-Boy is?
(a) She doesn't know.
(b) He is sleeping in his bedroom.
(c) He has left town.
(d) They will have to find him.
3. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
(a) Call her sister in Ohio.
(b) Have a glass of whiskey.
(c) Read the Bible.
(d) Concentrate on work.
4. What seemed to continually test Sue's faith?
(a) The pain in her body.
(b) The discrimination towards black people.
(c) Her husband's illness.
(d) Her sons' behavior.
5. What happens to Sue after question #76?
(a) She falls to the floor.
(b) She is raped.
(c) She goes to bed.
(d) She goes to jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Sue proud?
2. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
3. What does Sue repeat to the men?
4. How does Sue feel towards white people?
5. What does Sue say to the people in her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the sheriff ask her about the meeting and what does he threaten?
2. What does Sue do when she feels she wants to be alone?
3. What does Sue finally decide to do?
4. What kind of work does Sue start to do after looking out the window? What does she wish for as she works?
5. How does Johnny-Boy feel about his mother pushing him?
6. What does Booker tell Sue about the sheriff and Johnny-Boy?
7. What is Sue doing when she realizes someone is in her house and what does she know about it?
8. What does Reva tell Sue?
9. How does Sue react to Reva's thoughts on the situation?
10. What does Sue do after Reva leaves?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)