|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(a) Her sister, Ethel.
(c) Her dead husband.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. What does Sue do when she quits ironing?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Fixes Johnny-Boy's dinner.
(c) Sews Johnny-Boy's jacket.
(d) Has a bottle of beer.
3. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
(a) The sheriff banging on the door.
(b) Reva screaming.
(c) A lynch mob.
(d) Johnny-Boy's footsteps.
4. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
(a) Sings a song she learned from her mother.
(b) Reads the Bible.
(c) Goes into town.
(d) Watches television.
5. What does Johnny-Boy do when his mother talks to him about the party?
(a) He calls her a liar.
(b) He asks her what he should do.
(c) He defends his actions.
(d) He agrees with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue do when Reva leaves?
2. What does Sue think Johnny-Boy has done wrong regarding the party?
3. What is one of the most consistent situations we read about in Sue's life?
4. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy finishes eating?
5. What does Sue say when the Sheriff ask where Johnny-Boy is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sue think about her sons?
2. How did life feel to Sue after Sug was arrested?
3. What does Reva do and what does she ask Sue?
4. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy and his work?
5. What does the sheriff ask her about the meeting and what does he threaten?
6. What happens when Booker comes into the clearing?
7. Why can't Sue quit worrying about her son?
8. How does Sue feel about Booker helping her and what does she do?
9. What does Johnny-Boy do when Sue is standing near him?
10. Of what is Sue certain after she hears what Booker says about the sheriff?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)