|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johnny-Boy see the people he encounters?
(a) As communist or not.
(b) As black or white.
(c) As young or old.
(d) As rich or poor.
2. What does the word 'reiterate' mean?
(a) To argue about principle.
(b) To stare in silence.
(c) To return home.
(d) To say again.
3. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
(a) Reva's father hates him.
(b) He's in love with Reva.
(c) He is at Reva's house.
(d) Something terrible has happened to him.
4. What does Sue do while Johnny-Boy is eating?
(a) Takes a walk.
(b) Has a cup of coffee at the table.
(c) Keeps ironing.
(d) Feeds the dog.
5. Why does Sue protect her sons?
(a) Because she hates the Sheriff.
(b) Because she believes as strongly as they do in the Communist ideals.
(c) Because they have threatened her.
(d) Because they believe so strongly in what they're doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sheriff do when he hears Sue yell at him?
2. By what is Sue consumed?
3. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy gets ready to leave the house?
4. When is Johnny-Boy happiest?
5. What does Sue say when the Sheriff ask where Johnny-Boy is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes into the house and what does she say?
2. What does Sue do for several hours after the sheriff leaves?
3. How does Sue react to Reva's thoughts on the situation?
4. What does the sheriff tell Sue and how does she respond?
5. How does Reva feel about Sue's answers to her questions?
6. What does Sue do when her son falls asleep and what does she decide?
7. What happens as Sue rises to her feet?
8. How does Sue feel about facing down the sheriff and what does she do?
9. What types of trials has Sue handled in her life thus far?
10. Of what is Sue certain after she hears what Booker says about the sheriff?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)