|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
(a) That her father is looking for him.
(b) That they have a date Saturday.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) To keep his comrades away from her house.
2. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy finishes eating?
(a) The dishes.
(b) More laundry.
(c) Starts to iron again.
(d) Goes to bed.
3. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
(a) A desire to find a good husband.
(b) A hard work ethic.
(c) A hatred of whites.
(d) A strong faith in Jesus.
4. What seemed to continually test Sue's faith?
(a) Her husband's illness.
(b) The discrimination towards black people.
(c) Her sons' behavior.
(d) The pain in her body.
5. What does Sue sense that night about her son, Johnny-Boy?
(a) He is going to bust his brother out of jail.
(b) She will soon be saying good-bye to him.
(c) He will soon be married.
(d) He will be shot and killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people do when Sue speaks to them?
2. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
3. What does Sue see one of the men in her house do?
4. What happens to Sue after question #76?
5. How does Johnny-Boy feel when his mother keeps talking at him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sue feel about Booker helping her and what does she do?
2. What does Reva do and what does she ask Sue?
3. What does Johnny-Boy tell his mother about how he sees people?
4. What is Sue asked as she rises to her feet?
5. What does Sue do when her son falls asleep and what does she decide?
6. How does Johnny-Boy feel about his mother pushing him?
7. What do Reva and Sue wonder about concerning the sheriff?
8. What does Johnny-Boy do when he arrives home?
9. How does Johnny-Boy respond to his mother's comments about his work?
10. How does Sue see Booker when she comes to after the sheriff's beating?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)