|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sue's last thought?
(a) That she is sorry for murdering anyone.
(b) That she is able to remain strong and prevent the men from learning the names of her son's comrades.
(c) That she will shortly see her son in heaven.
(d) That Jesus is waiting for her.
2. What does Johnny ask of his mother, Sue?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To leave.
(c) To give the names to the Sheriff.
(d) To pray for him.
3. What does Sue do before she leaves?
(a) Goes to Johnny-Boy's room.
(b) Goes to the basement.
(c) Goes to the barn.
(d) Goes out to the garden.
4. Where does Booker say the Sheriff is?
(a) In the woods.
(b) Back at the station.
(c) In the FBI office.
5. What does Booker offer to do?
(a) Contact the other members.
(b) Get a doctor.
(c) Save Sue's sons.
(d) Kill the Sheriff.
6. What does Sue not trust Booker?
(a) Because he is young.
(b) Because he is new to the party.
(c) Because he is ambitious.
(d) Because of his race.
7. Who does Sue want to reach before Booker?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) Her other son.
(d) The other communist cell members.
8. What race is the person standing over her?
9. What is the Sheriff doing?
(b) Questioning Johnny-Boy.
(c) Filling out an arrest warrent for Sue.
(d) Answering questions to the FBI agent.
10. What does the Sheriff threaten to do if Sue does not talk to her son?
(a) Split his eardrums.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Go after her other son.
(d) Split her eardrums.
11. What does Sue retrieve there?
(a) Some garlic for good luck.
(b) Johnny-Boy's gun.
(c) A pitchfork.
(d) Some old papers that implicate the Sheriff in illegal activities.
12. What does Sue have to remain strong?
(a) For Reva's sake.
(b) She doesn't think she has to remain strong.
(c) For the survival of the Communist party cell.
(d) For Johnny-Boy's sake.
13. How do they break Johnny-Boy's knees?
(a) With a crowbar.
(b) Running over him in the Sheriff's car.
(c) With a large rock.
(d) They do not break any bones.
14. What does Booker need in order to do what he offers to do?
(a) Knowledge as to the whereabouts of one of her sons.
(b) Names of the contacts.
(c) Some money for the doctor.
(d) A gun.
15. Who does Sue kill?
(a) The Sheriff and Booker.
(b) The Sheriff.
(c) Her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Sue regains consciousness, what does she hear?
2. How does Reva respond to Sue's comment about Johnny-Boy?
3. How does Booker make Sue give up resistance?
4. When is the meeting scheduled?
5. How does Booker learn the names of the party member?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)