|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Sue from killing anyone else after the first shot(s)?
(a) She is tackled by some of the men.
(b) The gun misfires.
(c) She is horrified at her actions.
(d) She has no more bullets.
2. What is Sue's last thought?
(a) That Jesus is waiting for her.
(b) That she will shortly see her son in heaven.
(c) That she is able to remain strong and prevent the men from learning the names of her son's comrades.
(d) That she is sorry for murdering anyone.
3. What does Sue retrieve there?
(a) Some old papers that implicate the Sheriff in illegal activities.
(b) A pitchfork.
(c) Some garlic for good luck.
(d) Johnny-Boy's gun.
4. What does Sue hide inside the sheet?
(a) The gun.
(b) The pitchfork.
(c) The papers.
(d) The garlic.
5. What is the name of the woods where her son is?
(a) Foley's woods.
(b) The White Woods.
(c) Breckenridge Forest.
(d) It doesn't have a name.
6. What does Sue's friend do?
(a) Tells Sue the latest news about the Sheriff's activities.
(c) Asks to borrow a gun.
(d) Cleans Sue's wounds.
7. What motivates Sue to do what she is contemplating?
(a) She thinks it's the only way to redemn her mistake in telling Booker the names.
(b) She is not sure herself.
(c) She believes the Sheriff is evil.
(d) She thinks her son needs salvation.
8. What does Sue do before she leaves?
(a) Goes out to the garden.
(b) Goes to the basement.
(c) Goes to the barn.
(d) Goes to Johnny-Boy's room.
9. What does Booker ask?
(a) Where her son is.
(b) Why she is like this.
(c) Where she is hit.
(d) Who hit her.
10. How does one man suggest she can save her son?
(a) To kill her son first.
(b) To kill the Sheriff first.
(c) To tell the Sheriff the names.
(d) To have him tell the Sheriff the names.
11. What does Sue say when Reva asks if Johnny-Boy came home?
(a) That he had.
(b) That he had not.
(c) That he decided he could not come home ever again.
(d) That he was on his way now.
12. What does Sue decide to do?
(b) Go to bed and sleep on it.
(c) Go to her daughter-in-law's home.
(d) Go to the woods?
13. What does she take with her?
(a) A sleeping pill.
(b) The list of cell members.
(c) A white sheet.
14. What does Sue's friend want to know?
(a) Where Booker went.
(b) Where the Sheriff is.
(c) Where Johnny-Boy is.
(d) What happened to Sue.
15. Why does Booker stop Sue from rising?
(a) Because she is too weak.
(b) Because she is still dizzy.
(c) Because he hasn't finished stitching her head.
(d) Because she is already in trouble enough as it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what is Sue freed?
2. What does Sue do when this person comes into the kitchen?
3. What is likely to happen if people show up at the meeting?
4. How does Sue feel when she and Booker are done?
5. What does the Sheriff ask Sue?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)