|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proves to be too much for Sue?
(a) The Sheriff's arrival.
(b) The burned stew.
(c) Sue's head wound.
(d) Reva's exuberance.
2. What does Sue become aware of in the clearing?
(a) Her other son coming in with a gun.
(b) An FBI agent with his rifle pointed at the Sheriff.
(c) A wolf drawn by the smell of blood.
(d) A commotion.
3. Who does Sue kill?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) The Sheriff and Booker.
(d) Her son.
4. What does Sue see after she crosses the creek?
(a) A full moon.
(b) Lights in the woods.
(c) A dozen cop cars with their blue lights flashing.
5. When Sue looks at her wounded son, what does she wish?
(a) She hadn't come to see this.
(b) She could shoot him so he felt no more pain.
(c) She could save him.
(d) She could kill all the men there.
6. What is Sue certain her son will not do?
(a) Give up the names.
(b) Be a martyr.
(c) Say goodbye to her in his pain.
(d) Live whether or not he gives the names.
7. How does Sue clarify her intentions?
(a) By shooting the Sheriff.
(b) She doesn't need to clarify anything.
(c) By repeating herself everytime she is asked.
(d) By saying the sheet is to wrap his body.
8. What does Johnny ask of his mother, Sue?
(a) To kill him.
(b) To leave.
(c) To give the names to the Sheriff.
(d) To pray for him.
9. What does Sue's friend do?
(a) Asks to borrow a gun.
(b) Cleans Sue's wounds.
(c) Tells Sue the latest news about the Sheriff's activities.
10. What is the name of the woods where her son is?
(a) The White Woods.
(b) It doesn't have a name.
(c) Breckenridge Forest.
(d) Foley's woods.
11. What is immediately noticeable about Sue?
(a) Her bloody clothing.
(b) Her head wound.
(c) Her broken nose.
(d) Her black eye.
12. What does Sue do before she leaves?
(a) Goes out to the garden.
(b) Goes to the barn.
(c) Goes to the basement.
(d) Goes to Johnny-Boy's room.
13. How do they break Johnny-Boy's knees?
(a) With a large rock.
(b) Running over him in the Sheriff's car.
(c) They do not break any bones.
(d) With a crowbar.
14. Where does one of the men take Sue?
(a) To the jail.
(b) To the Sheriff.
(d) To the ambulance.
15. How does Sue feel when she and Booker are done?
(a) That she is going to die.
(b) That she has been tricked by Booker.
(c) That she is going to be arrested.
(d) That Booker is going to kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue do when this person comes into the kitchen?
2. What are they planing to do to Johnny-Boy?
3. What does Sue think is likely?
4. What does the Sheriff threaten to do if Sue does not talk to her son?
5. The beating of Sue is an example of racism. What is racism?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)