|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue tell the men the reason is for her being there?
(a) She wants to get her son to confess.
(b) She has come to retrieve her son.
(c) She wants to look the Sheriff in the eyes.
(d) She wants to say goodbye to her son.
2. How does Reva respond to Sue's comment about Johnny-Boy?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is puzzled.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She is sad.
3. What is likely to happen if people show up at the meeting?
(a) They will be tortured.
(c) They will be killed.
(d) They will be arrested.
4. Who does Sue want to reach before Booker?
(a) Her other son.
(b) The other communist cell members.
(c) The Sheriff.
5. Who do the men decide to kill?
(a) No one.
(b) Just Sue.
(c) Johnny-Boy and then Sue.
(d) Just Johnny-Boy.
6. What does Sue become aware of in the clearing?
(a) Her other son coming in with a gun.
(b) A commotion.
(c) An FBI agent with his rifle pointed at the Sheriff.
(d) A wolf drawn by the smell of blood.
7. What does Sue almost do?
(a) Slap Reva for her innocence.
(b) Call the Sheriff and bargain with him.
(d) Slam the oven door.
8. What probably sustains Sue?
(a) Her belief in right and wrong.
(b) Her determination.
(c) Her iron will.
(d) Her Christian faith.
9. Why does Sue feel the way she does about Booker's offer?
(a) She thinks he is manipulating her.
(b) She wonders if the others will be ok with it.
(c) She isn't sure she can trust him.
(d) She knows she can't do it.
10. What does Sue retrieve there?
(a) A pitchfork.
(b) Some garlic for good luck.
(c) Johnny-Boy's gun.
(d) Some old papers that implicate the Sheriff in illegal activities.
11. What race is the person standing over her?
12. What does the Sheriff ask Sue?
(a) Nothing else.
(b) If Sue plans to go to the devil tonight.
(c) For the names of the comrades again.
(d) If she wants hit again.
13. How does Booker make Sue give up resistance?
(a) He injects her with drugs.
(b) He continues to press her.
(c) He pulls a gun on her.
(d) He pretends he does not care one way or the other.
14. What does Sue do when this person comes into the kitchen?
(a) Hugs her.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Lets him outside.
(d) Calls him a liar.
15. Is giving Booker the names likely to change the outcome?
(a) No since the Sheriff already found Sue's black book.
(b) No since Johnny-Boy is already in custody.
(c) Yes because Johnny-Boy escaped before the Sheriff learns anything.
(d) Yes because Johnny-Boy dies before the Sheriff learns anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proves to be too much for Sue?
2. What can't Sue do what she wishes for her son?
3. What does Sue tell her friend?
4. Where does the Sheriff lead Sue?
5. What does Sue think is likely?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)