|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sue kill?
(b) The Sheriff and Booker.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) Her son.
2. What does one of the men ask Sue?
(a) Who she is.
(b) Where her other son is.
(c) Why she is there.
(d) What she is carrying.
3. From what is Sue freed?
(a) Uncertainty about what's going to happen.
4. How does Booker learn the names of the party member?
(a) He says and name and Sue responds.
(b) He finds her address book.
(c) He calls Sue's contact.
(d) He goes to the meeting.
5. What is immediately noticeable about Sue?
(a) Her broken nose.
(b) Her black eye.
(c) Her head wound.
(d) Her bloody clothing.
6. How does Booker make Sue give up resistance?
(a) He pretends he does not care one way or the other.
(b) He continues to press her.
(c) He injects her with drugs.
(d) He pulls a gun on her.
7. What is ironic about Sue's encounter with Booker versus that with the Sheriff?
(a) She trusts a layman rather than the law.
(c) She is weak in the encounter with Booker.
(d) She is just as strong-willed in both encounters.
8. Where does the Sheriff lead Sue?
(a) To the jail.
(b) To the nearby farmhouse.
(c) To a clearing in the woods.
(d) To his squad car.
9. What does the Sheriff tell Sue?
(a) He's glad she's come to her senses.
(b) That she won't need the sheet because her son is going to prison not dying.
(c) She can't have her son's body.
(d) She is next after her son is dead.
10. Who else arrives at the clearing?
(a) Her other son.
(d) The FBI.
11. In this chapter, several things are foreshadowed, a term that means...?
(a) Something that gives a hint of something to come.
(b) When the sun goes behind a really large cloud.
(c) The repeating of words of the same consonent.
(d) Giving false clues to throw off the reader.
12. What does Booker offer to do?
(a) Contact the other members.
(b) Save Sue's sons.
(c) Get a doctor.
(d) Kill the Sheriff.
13. What motivates Sue to do what she is contemplating?
(a) She thinks it's the only way to redemn her mistake in telling Booker the names.
(b) She is not sure herself.
(c) She thinks her son needs salvation.
(d) She believes the Sheriff is evil.
14. What does Sue want to do?
(a) Stall for the arrival of Booker.
(b) Convince her son to confess.
(c) Have a priest adminster last rites.
(d) Pray with her son before he dies.
15. About what is Sue certain?
(a) That her son will be killed.
(b) That her son's death will be avenged.
(c) That the morgue wouldn't have her son.
(d) That the Sheriff is lying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sue's last thought?
2. What is likely to happen if people show up at the meeting?
3. What does Sue say when Reva asks if Johnny-Boy came home?
4. What prevents Sue from killing anyone else after the first shot(s)?
5. What is one thing Sue thinks about doing?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)