|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sheriff tell Sue?
(a) He's glad she's come to her senses.
(b) That she won't need the sheet because her son is going to prison not dying.
(c) She can't have her son's body.
(d) She is next after her son is dead.
2. Of what is Sue fairly sure?
(a) Her son will be killed.
(c) Her son will now be spared.
(d) Her friends will all be killed.
3. Who is Booker?
(a) Sue's youngest son.
(b) One of the newest party members.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) An FBI agent.
4. Where does one of the men take Sue?
(a) To the Sheriff.
(c) To the jail.
(d) To the ambulance.
5. How does Sue feel about Booker's offer?
6. What is Sue going to do?
(a) Nothing; she is too injured.
(b) Make certain the names Booker has does not get to the Sheriff.
(c) Kill the Sheriff.
(d) Kill herself.
7. What does Johnny ask of his mother, Sue?
(a) To pray for him.
(b) To kill him.
(c) To give the names to the Sheriff.
(d) To leave.
8. After Sue lets her friend in the house, where do they go?
(a) To the porch.
(b) To the living room.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the bedroom.
9. What does Booker ask?
(a) Who hit her.
(b) Where her son is.
(c) Where she is hit.
(d) Why she is like this.
10. What does Sue decide to do?
(a) Go to bed and sleep on it.
(b) Go to the woods?
(d) Go to her daughter-in-law's home.
11. What does the Sheriff ask Sue?
(a) If she wants hit again.
(b) For the names of the comrades again.
(c) If Sue plans to go to the devil tonight.
(d) Nothing else.
12. When is the meeting scheduled?
(a) The next night.
(b) Later that night.
(c) The morning.
(d) Three days hence.
13. What is Sue certain her son will not do?
(a) Say goodbye to her in his pain.
(b) Live whether or not he gives the names.
(c) Be a martyr.
(d) Give up the names.
14. What is ironic about Sue's encounter with Booker versus that with the Sheriff?
(b) She is just as strong-willed in both encounters.
(c) She is weak in the encounter with Booker.
(d) She trusts a layman rather than the law.
15. Is giving Booker the names likely to change the outcome?
(a) No since Johnny-Boy is already in custody.
(b) Yes because Johnny-Boy escaped before the Sheriff learns anything.
(c) No since the Sheriff already found Sue's black book.
(d) Yes because Johnny-Boy dies before the Sheriff learns anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue say when Reva asks if Johnny-Boy came home?
2. What does Sue do before she leaves?
3. How does Booker learn the names of the party member?
4. Is she able to remain strong?
5. Who interrupts Sue's thoughts?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)