|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue almost do?
(a) Call the Sheriff and bargain with him.
(c) Slap Reva for her innocence.
(d) Slam the oven door.
2. What is Sue's last thought?
(a) That Jesus is waiting for her.
(b) That she is able to remain strong and prevent the men from learning the names of her son's comrades.
(c) That she is sorry for murdering anyone.
(d) That she will shortly see her son in heaven.
3. How does one man suggest she can save her son?
(a) To tell the Sheriff the names.
(b) To kill her son first.
(c) To have him tell the Sheriff the names.
(d) To kill the Sheriff first.
4. What does Johnny ask of his mother, Sue?
(a) To leave.
(b) To give the names to the Sheriff.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To pray for him.
5. Who interrupts Sue's thoughts?
(b) The dog.
(d) The Sheriff.
6. What can't Sue do what she wishes for her son?
(a) She thinks her son would hate her for it.
(b) She's afraid they would kill her other son.
(c) Because it would keep her from silencing Booker.
(d) She knows it's not the Christian thing to do.
7. What does Sue see after she crosses the creek?
(a) A full moon.
(b) Lights in the woods.
(d) A dozen cop cars with their blue lights flashing.
8. What does she take with her?
(a) A white sheet.
(b) A sleeping pill.
(c) The list of cell members.
9. What does Booker ask?
(a) Where her son is.
(b) Who hit her.
(c) Where she is hit.
(d) Why she is like this.
10. Who do the men decide to kill?
(a) No one.
(b) Just Sue.
(c) Johnny-Boy and then Sue.
(d) Just Johnny-Boy.
11. What does Sue tell her friend?
(b) That the Sheriff is arresting her other son.
(c) That Johnny-Boy has been arrested.
(d) That Booker is contacting party members.
12. What does Sue decide to do?
(a) Go to the woods?
(b) Go to bed and sleep on it.
(d) Go to her daughter-in-law's home.
13. What does Sue think is likely?
(a) That the Communists lied to her.
(b) That she'll be killed by the Sheriff.
(c) That her grandchildren will be put up for adoption.
(d) That she'll never see either of her sons again.
14. The beating of Sue is an example of racism. What is racism?
(a) The knowledge that some races are genetically better than others.
(b) The belief in God's favor to humankind over other species.
(c) The belief in the genetic value of all races.
(d) The belief in the superioity of one race over another.
15. What does Booker again ask Sue?
(a) If she wants him to rescue her son.
(b) If she wants him to contact the FBI.
(c) For names of the party members.
(d) If he can't take her to the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reva ask about Johnny-Boy?
2. How long does she contemplate things?
3. Why does Sue want to wait for Booker?
4. What does Booker offer to do?
5. What does the Sheriff ask Sue?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)