|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue want to do?
(a) Have a priest adminster last rites.
(b) Stall for the arrival of Booker.
(c) Pray with her son before he dies.
(d) Convince her son to confess.
2. Who does Sue want to reach before Booker?
(b) Her other son.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) The other communist cell members.
3. What does Sue see after she crosses the creek?
(a) Lights in the woods.
(c) A dozen cop cars with their blue lights flashing.
(d) A full moon.
4. How does one man suggest she can save her son?
(a) To tell the Sheriff the names.
(b) To have him tell the Sheriff the names.
(c) To kill her son first.
(d) To kill the Sheriff first.
5. How does Sue clarify her intentions?
(a) By repeating herself everytime she is asked.
(b) She doesn't need to clarify anything.
(c) By saying the sheet is to wrap his body.
(d) By shooting the Sheriff.
6. As Sue regains consciousness, what does she hear?
(d) Her name being called.
7. How does Reva respond to Sue's comment about Johnny-Boy?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She is puzzled.
8. What is the name of the woods where her son is?
(a) Breckenridge Forest.
(b) It doesn't have a name.
(c) Foley's woods.
(d) The White Woods.
9. What does Sue want after she and Reva have talked awhile?
(a) To go search for Johnny-Boy.
(b) To go to sleep.
(c) To take a long, hot bath.
(d) To be alone.
10. What is immediately noticeable about Sue?
(a) Her broken nose.
(b) Her black eye.
(c) Her bloody clothing.
(d) Her head wound.
11. What does Booker again ask Sue?
(a) If she wants him to rescue her son.
(b) If he can't take her to the hospital.
(c) For names of the party members.
(d) If she wants him to contact the FBI.
12. What does Sue decide to do?
(a) Go to the woods?
(c) Go to her daughter-in-law's home.
(d) Go to bed and sleep on it.
13. How does Sue feel about accepting Booker's help?
(a) Sullen since he is white.
(b) Sullen since he is a communist.
14. About what is Sue uncertain?
(a) Whether they actually caught her son.
(b) If she could actually shoot someone.
(c) Whether it is a sin to kill herself.
(d) What she would do if she got to the woods where Johnny is.
15. The beating of Sue is an example of racism. What is racism?
(a) The knowledge that some races are genetically better than others.
(b) The belief in the genetic value of all races.
(c) The belief in the superioity of one race over another.
(d) The belief in God's favor to humankind over other species.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue do when this person comes into the kitchen?
2. What is Sue certain her son will not do?
3. What is Sue's last thought?
4. What are they planing to do to Johnny-Boy?
5. In this chapter, several things are foreshadowed, a term that means...?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)