|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue become aware of in the clearing?
(a) Her other son coming in with a gun.
(b) A wolf drawn by the smell of blood.
(c) An FBI agent with his rifle pointed at the Sheriff.
(d) A commotion.
2. Who interrupts Sue's thoughts?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) The dog.
3. The beating of Sue is an example of racism. What is racism?
(a) The knowledge that some races are genetically better than others.
(b) The belief in God's favor to humankind over other species.
(c) The belief in the superioity of one race over another.
(d) The belief in the genetic value of all races.
4. What does Sue not trust Booker?
(a) Because he is new to the party.
(b) Because he is young.
(c) Because he is ambitious.
(d) Because of his race.
5. What does Sue almost do?
(a) Slam the oven door.
(b) Slap Reva for her innocence.
(c) Call the Sheriff and bargain with him.
6. What does Sue retrieve there?
(a) Johnny-Boy's gun.
(b) Some old papers that implicate the Sheriff in illegal activities.
(c) Some garlic for good luck.
(d) A pitchfork.
7. How long does she contemplate things?
(a) Several days.
(b) A week.
(c) A few minutes.
(d) Several hours.
8. Is giving Booker the names likely to change the outcome?
(a) Yes because Johnny-Boy dies before the Sheriff learns anything.
(b) No since the Sheriff already found Sue's black book.
(c) No since Johnny-Boy is already in custody.
(d) Yes because Johnny-Boy escaped before the Sheriff learns anything.
9. What does the Sheriff tell Sue?
(a) She can't have her son's body.
(b) She is next after her son is dead.
(c) That she won't need the sheet because her son is going to prison not dying.
(d) He's glad she's come to her senses.
10. About what is Sue uncertain?
(a) Whether they actually caught her son.
(b) What she would do if she got to the woods where Johnny is.
(c) If she could actually shoot someone.
(d) Whether it is a sin to kill herself.
11. What does the Sheriff ask Sue?
(a) If she wants hit again.
(b) Nothing else.
(c) If Sue plans to go to the devil tonight.
(d) For the names of the comrades again.
12. Who is where the Sheriff takes her?
(a) Her son laid out on a table dead.
(b) Her son in a cell.
(c) Her son handcuffed to the backseat door.
(d) Her son lying in the mud.
13. Why does Sue feel the way she does about Booker's offer?
(a) She thinks he is manipulating her.
(b) She wonders if the others will be ok with it.
(c) She knows she can't do it.
(d) She isn't sure she can trust him.
14. What is immediately noticeable about Sue?
(a) Her bloody clothing.
(b) Her broken nose.
(c) Her black eye.
(d) Her head wound.
15. What does Sue need to do?
(a) Inform other comrades to avoid the meeting.
(b) Go lie down.
(c) Get to the hospital.
(d) Get to her son and save him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue's friend do?
2. Why does Sue want to wait for Booker?
3. What can't Sue do what she wishes for her son?
4. Where does the Sheriff lead Sue?
5. What does Reva ask about Johnny-Boy?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)