|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Booker?
(a) Sue's youngest son.
(b) An FBI agent.
(c) One of the newest party members.
(d) A neighbor.
2. What is immediately noticeable about Sue?
(a) Her black eye.
(b) Her head wound.
(c) Her bloody clothing.
(d) Her broken nose.
3. How does Reva think things will turn out?
(b) She has no idea.
(d) She doesn't say.
4. In this chapter, several things are foreshadowed, a term that means...?
(a) The repeating of words of the same consonent.
(b) When the sun goes behind a really large cloud.
(c) Giving false clues to throw off the reader.
(d) Something that gives a hint of something to come.
5. What does Sue's friend do?
(a) Asks to borrow a gun.
(b) Cleans Sue's wounds.
(c) Tells Sue the latest news about the Sheriff's activities.
6. Why does Booker stop Sue from rising?
(a) Because she is still dizzy.
(b) Because she is already in trouble enough as it is.
(c) Because he hasn't finished stitching her head.
(d) Because she is too weak.
7. Who interrupts Sue's thoughts?
(b) The Sheriff.
(d) The dog.
8. What does Sue decide to do?
(a) Go to bed and sleep on it.
(b) Go to her daughter-in-law's home.
(c) Go to the woods?
9. Where does the Sheriff lead Sue?
(a) To his squad car.
(b) To a clearing in the woods.
(c) To the jail.
(d) To the nearby farmhouse.
10. What does Sue hide inside the sheet?
(a) The papers.
(b) The pitchfork.
(c) The gun.
(d) The garlic.
11. How does one man suggest she can save her son?
(a) To have him tell the Sheriff the names.
(b) To kill the Sheriff first.
(c) To tell the Sheriff the names.
(d) To kill her son first.
12. Who else arrives at the clearing?
(b) The FBI.
(d) Her other son.
13. What does Sue retrieve there?
(a) Johnny-Boy's gun.
(b) Some old papers that implicate the Sheriff in illegal activities.
(c) Some garlic for good luck.
(d) A pitchfork.
14. What does Sue have to remain strong?
(a) For the survival of the Communist party cell.
(b) For Johnny-Boy's sake.
(c) For Reva's sake.
(d) She doesn't think she has to remain strong.
15. What does Sue want after she and Reva have talked awhile?
(a) To take a long, hot bath.
(b) To be alone.
(c) To go search for Johnny-Boy.
(d) To go to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sue feel the way she does about Booker's offer?
2. What does Sue do before she leaves?
3. What does Sue need to do?
4. What does Reva ask about Johnny-Boy?
5. What does Johnny ask of his mother, Sue?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)