|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue think is likely?
(a) That she'll be killed by the Sheriff.
(b) That the Communists lied to her.
(c) That her grandchildren will be put up for adoption.
(d) That she'll never see either of her sons again.
2. What does Sue hide inside the sheet?
(a) The gun.
(b) The papers.
(c) The garlic.
(d) The pitchfork.
3. How does Booker make Sue give up resistance?
(a) He pretends he does not care one way or the other.
(b) He injects her with drugs.
(c) He pulls a gun on her.
(d) He continues to press her.
4. What does Sue tell her friend?
(b) That Booker is contacting party members.
(c) That Johnny-Boy has been arrested.
(d) That the Sheriff is arresting her other son.
5. What does Booker again ask Sue?
(a) If she wants him to rescue her son.
(b) If she wants him to contact the FBI.
(c) If he can't take her to the hospital.
(d) For names of the party members.
6. Who interrupts Sue's thoughts?
(a) The dog.
(b) The Sheriff.
7. What does the Sheriff ask Sue?
(a) For the names of the comrades again.
(b) If she wants hit again.
(c) Nothing else.
(d) If Sue plans to go to the devil tonight.
8. About what is Sue certain?
(a) That her son will be killed.
(b) That the morgue wouldn't have her son.
(c) That her son's death will be avenged.
(d) That the Sheriff is lying.
9. What is the name of the person standing over her?
10. Where does Booker carry Sue?
(a) To the ambulance.
(b) To his car.
(c) Into the kitchen.
(d) Upstairs to the bedroom.
11. What is likely to happen if people show up at the meeting?
(b) They will be tortured.
(c) They will be arrested.
(d) They will be killed.
12. What does Sue learn?
(b) That her son's body has been taken to the morgue.
(c) That her son is not dead yet.
(d) That the Sheriff is still torturing her son.
13. Where does Booker say the Sheriff is?
(a) In the FBI office.
(c) In the woods.
(d) Back at the station.
14. What probably sustains Sue?
(a) Her iron will.
(b) Her Christian faith.
(c) Her determination.
(d) Her belief in right and wrong.
15. What does Sue want after she and Reva have talked awhile?
(a) To go to sleep.
(b) To be alone.
(c) To take a long, hot bath.
(d) To go search for Johnny-Boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue want to do?
2. What does Booker do to Sue's head?
3. What is Sue going to do?
4. Why does Booker stop Sue from rising?
5. What does Booker offer to do?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)