|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue have to remain strong?
(a) She doesn't think she has to remain strong.
(b) For Reva's sake.
(c) For the survival of the Communist party cell.
(d) For Johnny-Boy's sake.
2. What race is the person standing over her?
3. What is Sue's last thought?
(a) That she will shortly see her son in heaven.
(b) That Jesus is waiting for her.
(c) That she is sorry for murdering anyone.
(d) That she is able to remain strong and prevent the men from learning the names of her son's comrades.
4. What does Booker ask?
(a) Where her son is.
(b) Who hit her.
(c) Why she is like this.
(d) Where she is hit.
5. What does Sue want to do?
(a) Convince her son to confess.
(b) Pray with her son before he dies.
(c) Have a priest adminster last rites.
(d) Stall for the arrival of Booker.
6. Who else arrives at the clearing?
(b) The FBI.
(c) Her other son.
7. Where does the Sheriff lead Sue?
(a) To the jail.
(b) To his squad car.
(c) To a clearing in the woods.
(d) To the nearby farmhouse.
8. When is the meeting scheduled?
(a) The morning.
(b) Later that night.
(c) Three days hence.
(d) The next night.
9. How long does she contemplate things?
(a) Several days.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) A week.
(d) Several hours.
10. What does Booker do to Sue's head?
(a) Stitches it up.
(b) Bandages it.
(c) Gets her a wet cloth for it.
(d) Washes it.
11. Of what is Sue fairly sure?
(a) Her son will be killed.
(b) Her friends will all be killed.
(c) Her son will now be spared.
12. What is the name of the woods where her son is?
(a) Foley's woods.
(b) It doesn't have a name.
(c) Breckenridge Forest.
(d) The White Woods.
13. What does Sue hide inside the sheet?
(a) The pitchfork.
(b) The papers.
(c) The gun.
(d) The garlic.
14. What is one thing Sue thinks about doing?
(a) Searching for Johnny-Boy in the woods.
(b) Making Reva leave town.
(c) Killing herself.
(d) Just going to bed and forgetting it all.
15. What does Booker offer to do?
(a) Save Sue's sons.
(b) Get a doctor.
(c) Kill the Sheriff.
(d) Contact the other members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue learn?
2. Where does one of the men take Sue?
3. What does Sue do before she leaves?
4. In this chapter, several things are foreshadowed, a term that means...?
5. What is ironic about Sue's encounter with Booker versus that with the Sheriff?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)