|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does one of the men take Sue?
(a) To the Sheriff.
(b) To the jail.
(c) To the ambulance.
2. What are they planing to do to Johnny-Boy?
(a) Break his legs.
(b) Send him to the prison labor camp.
(c) Kill him after he gives them what he wants.
(d) Dump his body in the river.
3. How does Booker learn the names of the party member?
(a) He says and name and Sue responds.
(b) He finds her address book.
(c) He goes to the meeting.
(d) He calls Sue's contact.
4. When is the meeting scheduled?
(a) The next night.
(b) Later that night.
(c) Three days hence.
(d) The morning.
5. What does Sue think is likely?
(a) That she'll be killed by the Sheriff.
(b) That her grandchildren will be put up for adoption.
(c) That she'll never see either of her sons again.
(d) That the Communists lied to her.
6. What is Sue thinking about when she is alone in the kitchen?
(a) What she should do.
(b) How she hopes Reva and Johnny-Boy can someday be happy.
(c) Not much of anything because she's in a lot of pain.
(d) Revenge on the Sheriff.
7. Where does Booker say the Sheriff is?
(b) In the woods.
(c) Back at the station.
(d) In the FBI office.
8. When Sue looks at her wounded son, what does she wish?
(a) She could save him.
(b) She could kill all the men there.
(c) She hadn't come to see this.
(d) She could shoot him so he felt no more pain.
9. How does Sue feel when she and Booker are done?
(a) That Booker is going to kill her.
(b) That she has been tricked by Booker.
(c) That she is going to be arrested.
(d) That she is going to die.
10. Who interrupts Sue's thoughts?
(a) The Sheriff.
(c) The dog.
11. What does the Sheriff threaten to do if Sue does not talk to her son?
(a) Go after her other son.
(b) Split her eardrums.
(c) Split his eardrums.
(d) Shoot him.
12. What does Booker ask?
(a) Where her son is.
(b) Why she is like this.
(c) Who hit her.
(d) Where she is hit.
13. What does Reva ask about Johnny-Boy?
(a) If he is really a communist.
(b) If he is still alive.
(c) If he has come home.
(d) If he fled the state.
14. What does Booker need in order to do what he offers to do?
(a) Knowledge as to the whereabouts of one of her sons.
(b) A gun.
(c) Names of the contacts.
(d) Some money for the doctor.
15. What does the Sheriff ask Sue?
(a) If she wants hit again.
(b) If Sue plans to go to the devil tonight.
(c) Nothing else.
(d) For the names of the comrades again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue urge Reva to do?
2. Who does Sue want to reach before Booker?
3. What does Sue retrieve there?
4. How does one man suggest she can save her son?
5. Who is where the Sheriff takes her?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)