|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sheriff tell Sue?
(a) She can't have her son's body.
(b) That she won't need the sheet because her son is going to prison not dying.
(c) He's glad she's come to her senses.
(d) She is next after her son is dead.
2. What is the name of the person standing over her?
3. What is Sue going to do?
(a) Nothing; she is too injured.
(b) Make certain the names Booker has does not get to the Sheriff.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Kill the Sheriff.
4. What does Sue tell the men the reason is for her being there?
(a) She wants to get her son to confess.
(b) She has come to retrieve her son.
(c) She wants to say goodbye to her son.
(d) She wants to look the Sheriff in the eyes.
5. Who does Sue want to reach before Booker?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) The other communist cell members.
(d) Her other son.
6. Of what is Sue fairly sure?
(a) Her friends will all be killed.
(b) Her son will now be spared.
(c) Her son will be killed.
7. What does Sue learn?
(a) That her son's body has been taken to the morgue.
(c) That her son is not dead yet.
(d) That the Sheriff is still torturing her son.
8. What race is the person standing over her?
9. What does Sue say when Reva asks if Johnny-Boy came home?
(a) That he had.
(b) That he decided he could not come home ever again.
(c) That he was on his way now.
(d) That he had not.
10. Is she able to remain strong?
(c) She is until she hears of the Sheriff's death.
(d) She is until she hears of the death of all the Communists.
11. What can't Sue do what she wishes for her son?
(a) She's afraid they would kill her other son.
(b) She knows it's not the Christian thing to do.
(c) She thinks her son would hate her for it.
(d) Because it would keep her from silencing Booker.
12. What proves to be too much for Sue?
(a) The Sheriff's arrival.
(b) Reva's exuberance.
(c) The burned stew.
(d) Sue's head wound.
13. Where does one of the men take Sue?
(a) To the Sheriff.
(b) To the ambulance.
(d) To the jail.
14. What does Sue see after she crosses the creek?
(b) Lights in the woods.
(c) A full moon.
(d) A dozen cop cars with their blue lights flashing.
15. What does Sue want after she and Reva have talked awhile?
(a) To take a long, hot bath.
(b) To be alone.
(c) To go search for Johnny-Boy.
(d) To go to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is likely to happen if people show up at the meeting?
2. How does Sue feel about Booker's offer?
3. What are they planing to do to Johnny-Boy?
4. What does Booker need in order to do what he offers to do?
5. What does Booker offer to do?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)