|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue say when Reva asks if Johnny-Boy came home?
(a) That he had not.
(b) That he had.
(c) That he decided he could not come home ever again.
(d) That he was on his way now.
2. How does Sue clarify her intentions?
(a) She doesn't need to clarify anything.
(b) By repeating herself everytime she is asked.
(c) By shooting the Sheriff.
(d) By saying the sheet is to wrap his body.
3. What does Sue think is likely?
(a) That she'll never see either of her sons again.
(b) That the Communists lied to her.
(c) That she'll be killed by the Sheriff.
(d) That her grandchildren will be put up for adoption.
4. How does Sue feel about Booker's offer?
5. What does Sue tell her friend?
(a) That Johnny-Boy has been arrested.
(b) That the Sheriff is arresting her other son.
(d) That Booker is contacting party members.
6. What does Sue retrieve there?
(a) Some garlic for good luck.
(b) Some old papers that implicate the Sheriff in illegal activities.
(c) Johnny-Boy's gun.
(d) A pitchfork.
7. What is the Sheriff doing?
(a) Questioning Johnny-Boy.
(b) Answering questions to the FBI agent.
(c) Filling out an arrest warrent for Sue.
8. What is Sue thinking about when she is alone in the kitchen?
(a) What she should do.
(b) How she hopes Reva and Johnny-Boy can someday be happy.
(c) Revenge on the Sheriff.
(d) Not much of anything because she's in a lot of pain.
9. What is ironic about Sue's encounter with Booker versus that with the Sheriff?
(b) She is just as strong-willed in both encounters.
(c) She trusts a layman rather than the law.
(d) She is weak in the encounter with Booker.
10. Where does Sue huddle?
(a) Over the stove.
(b) In the garden.
(c) Under the table.
(d) In the bath.
11. In this chapter, several things are foreshadowed, a term that means...?
(a) When the sun goes behind a really large cloud.
(b) The repeating of words of the same consonent.
(c) Giving false clues to throw off the reader.
(d) Something that gives a hint of something to come.
12. How does Reva think things will turn out?
(c) She doesn't say.
(d) She has no idea.
13. What is likely to happen if people show up at the meeting?
(a) They will be tortured.
(c) They will be arrested.
(d) They will be killed.
14. What does Booker again ask Sue?
(a) If she wants him to rescue her son.
(b) If he can't take her to the hospital.
(c) For names of the party members.
(d) If she wants him to contact the FBI.
15. What race is the person standing over her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue do when this person comes into the kitchen?
2. Where does Booker carry Sue?
3. When is the meeting scheduled?
4. What proves to be too much for Sue?
5. Who does Sue kill?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)