|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sue certain her son will not do?
(a) Say goodbye to her in his pain.
(b) Give up the names.
(c) Live whether or not he gives the names.
(d) Be a martyr.
2. What does Sue tell her friend?
(a) That Johnny-Boy has been arrested.
(c) That Booker is contacting party members.
(d) That the Sheriff is arresting her other son.
3. What does Sue become aware of in the clearing?
(a) A commotion.
(b) A wolf drawn by the smell of blood.
(c) An FBI agent with his rifle pointed at the Sheriff.
(d) Her other son coming in with a gun.
4. Why does Sue want to wait for Booker?
(a) To accuse him of lying.
(b) To kill him so he can't reveal the names.
(c) So he can see what he has done.
(d) To appeal to his sense of honor.
5. Why does Sue feel the way she does about Booker's offer?
(a) She wonders if the others will be ok with it.
(b) She thinks he is manipulating her.
(c) She isn't sure she can trust him.
(d) She knows she can't do it.
6. When Sue looks at her wounded son, what does she wish?
(a) She could kill all the men there.
(b) She could shoot him so he felt no more pain.
(c) She could save him.
(d) She hadn't come to see this.
7. What does Sue see after she crosses the creek?
(a) A full moon.
(b) Lights in the woods.
(c) A dozen cop cars with their blue lights flashing.
8. How does Sue feel when she and Booker are done?
(a) That Booker is going to kill her.
(b) That she is going to be arrested.
(c) That she has been tricked by Booker.
(d) That she is going to die.
9. What is the name of the woods where her son is?
(a) The White Woods.
(b) It doesn't have a name.
(c) Breckenridge Forest.
(d) Foley's woods.
10. From what is Sue freed?
(b) Uncertainty about what's going to happen.
11. What does Sue learn?
(b) That the Sheriff is still torturing her son.
(c) That her son is not dead yet.
(d) That her son's body has been taken to the morgue.
12. Who is Booker?
(a) Sue's youngest son.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) One of the newest party members.
(d) An FBI agent.
13. How does Sue feel about accepting Booker's help?
(c) Sullen since he is a communist.
(d) Sullen since he is white.
14. What does Sue almost do?
(a) Call the Sheriff and bargain with him.
(c) Slam the oven door.
(d) Slap Reva for her innocence.
15. What does Sue urge Reva to do?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) To cook up some cornbread for the stew.
(c) To go warn the communists.
(d) Go to her aunt's in a city far away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they break Johnny-Boy's knees?
2. What is immediately noticeable about Sue?
3. What does Sue do when this person comes into the kitchen?
4. How does Reva respond to Sue's comment about Johnny-Boy?
5. What does the Sheriff tell Sue?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)