|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue have to remain strong?
(a) For Johnny-Boy's sake.
(b) For Reva's sake.
(c) She doesn't think she has to remain strong.
(d) For the survival of the Communist party cell.
2. What does Sue say when Reva asks if Johnny-Boy came home?
(a) That he was on his way now.
(b) That he had not.
(c) That he had.
(d) That he decided he could not come home ever again.
3. What prevents Sue from killing anyone else after the first shot(s)?
(a) She has no more bullets.
(b) She is tackled by some of the men.
(c) She is horrified at her actions.
(d) The gun misfires.
4. How does Reva respond to Sue's comment about Johnny-Boy?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is puzzled.
(d) She is pleased.
5. From what is Sue freed?
(b) Uncertainty about what's going to happen.
6. Where does one of the men take Sue?
(b) To the Sheriff.
(c) To the ambulance.
(d) To the jail.
7. What does Sue see after she crosses the creek?
(a) A dozen cop cars with their blue lights flashing.
(b) Lights in the woods.
(d) A full moon.
8. What is Sue thinking about when she is alone in the kitchen?
(a) Revenge on the Sheriff.
(b) Not much of anything because she's in a lot of pain.
(c) How she hopes Reva and Johnny-Boy can someday be happy.
(d) What she should do.
9. What is the name of the person standing over her?
10. What does Sue want after she and Reva have talked awhile?
(a) To take a long, hot bath.
(b) To go search for Johnny-Boy.
(c) To be alone.
(d) To go to sleep.
11. About what is Sue certain?
(a) That the Sheriff is lying.
(b) That the morgue wouldn't have her son.
(c) That her son's death will be avenged.
(d) That her son will be killed.
12. Who does Sue want to reach before Booker?
(a) The Sheriff.
(b) The other communist cell members.
(d) Her other son.
13. How does Sue clarify her intentions?
(a) By saying the sheet is to wrap his body.
(b) By shooting the Sheriff.
(c) She doesn't need to clarify anything.
(d) By repeating herself everytime she is asked.
14. When Sue looks at her wounded son, what does she wish?
(a) She hadn't come to see this.
(b) She could shoot him so he felt no more pain.
(c) She could save him.
(d) She could kill all the men there.
15. What does Sue decide to do?
(a) Go to the woods?
(b) Go to bed and sleep on it.
(c) Go to her daughter-in-law's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sue kill?
2. What is Sue's last thought?
3. What does Sue need to do?
4. What does Sue almost do?
5. Why does Sue feel the way she does about Booker's offer?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)