|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sue going to do?
(a) Make certain the names Booker has does not get to the Sheriff.
(b) Nothing; she is too injured.
(c) Kill the Sheriff.
(d) Kill herself.
2. How does one man suggest she can save her son?
(a) To tell the Sheriff the names.
(b) To have him tell the Sheriff the names.
(c) To kill her son first.
(d) To kill the Sheriff first.
3. How does Sue feel about accepting Booker's help?
(b) Sullen since he is a communist.
(d) Sullen since he is white.
4. What does Sue almost do?
(b) Slam the oven door.
(c) Call the Sheriff and bargain with him.
(d) Slap Reva for her innocence.
5. Why does Sue want to wait for Booker?
(a) To accuse him of lying.
(b) To appeal to his sense of honor.
(c) To kill him so he can't reveal the names.
(d) So he can see what he has done.
6. What is the name of the person standing over her?
7. What does the Sheriff threaten to do if Sue does not talk to her son?
(a) Go after her other son.
(b) Split his eardrums.
(c) Split her eardrums.
(d) Shoot him.
8. After Sue lets her friend in the house, where do they go?
(a) To the bedroom.
(b) To the porch.
(c) To the kitchen.
(d) To the living room.
9. Who interrupts Sue's thoughts?
(a) The dog.
(c) The Sheriff.
10. About what is Sue certain?
(a) That her son's death will be avenged.
(b) That her son will be killed.
(c) That the morgue wouldn't have her son.
(d) That the Sheriff is lying.
11. How does Booker make Sue give up resistance?
(a) He pulls a gun on her.
(b) He continues to press her.
(c) He injects her with drugs.
(d) He pretends he does not care one way or the other.
12. What does Sue retrieve there?
(a) A pitchfork.
(b) Johnny-Boy's gun.
(c) Some old papers that implicate the Sheriff in illegal activities.
(d) Some garlic for good luck.
13. From what is Sue freed?
(b) Uncertainty about what's going to happen.
14. When is the meeting scheduled?
(a) Three days hence.
(b) The next night.
(c) Later that night.
(d) The morning.
15. How do they break Johnny-Boy's knees?
(a) With a large rock.
(b) With a crowbar.
(c) Running over him in the Sheriff's car.
(d) They do not break any bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue tell the men the reason is for her being there?
2. Who is Booker?
3. How does Reva think things will turn out?
4. What does Sue think is likely?
5. Where does the Sheriff lead Sue?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)