|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can't Sue do what she wishes for her son?
(a) She's afraid they would kill her other son.
(b) She knows it's not the Christian thing to do.
(c) Because it would keep her from silencing Booker.
(d) She thinks her son would hate her for it.
2. After Sue lets her friend in the house, where do they go?
(a) To the living room.
(b) To the bedroom.
(c) To the porch.
(d) To the kitchen.
3. What does she take with her?
(b) A sleeping pill.
(c) The list of cell members.
(d) A white sheet.
4. When is the meeting scheduled?
(a) The morning.
(b) Three days hence.
(c) Later that night.
(d) The next night.
5. Who interrupts Sue's thoughts?
(a) The Sheriff.
(d) The dog.
6. What is Sue's last thought?
(a) That she will shortly see her son in heaven.
(b) That she is able to remain strong and prevent the men from learning the names of her son's comrades.
(c) That Jesus is waiting for her.
(d) That she is sorry for murdering anyone.
7. What does Sue tell the men the reason is for her being there?
(a) She wants to look the Sheriff in the eyes.
(b) She wants to get her son to confess.
(c) She wants to say goodbye to her son.
(d) She has come to retrieve her son.
8. What does Sue see after she crosses the creek?
(a) Lights in the woods.
(b) A dozen cop cars with their blue lights flashing.
(c) A full moon.
9. What is Sue thinking about when she is alone in the kitchen?
(a) What she should do.
(b) How she hopes Reva and Johnny-Boy can someday be happy.
(c) Not much of anything because she's in a lot of pain.
(d) Revenge on the Sheriff.
10. In this chapter, several things are foreshadowed, a term that means...?
(a) The repeating of words of the same consonent.
(b) Giving false clues to throw off the reader.
(c) When the sun goes behind a really large cloud.
(d) Something that gives a hint of something to come.
11. What is Sue certain her son will not do?
(a) Live whether or not he gives the names.
(b) Give up the names.
(c) Say goodbye to her in his pain.
(d) Be a martyr.
12. What motivates Sue to do what she is contemplating?
(a) She thinks her son needs salvation.
(b) She is not sure herself.
(c) She thinks it's the only way to redemn her mistake in telling Booker the names.
(d) She believes the Sheriff is evil.
13. What does Booker need in order to do what he offers to do?
(a) Knowledge as to the whereabouts of one of her sons.
(b) A gun.
(c) Names of the contacts.
(d) Some money for the doctor.
14. What does Sue want to do?
(a) Convince her son to confess.
(b) Pray with her son before he dies.
(c) Stall for the arrival of Booker.
(d) Have a priest adminster last rites.
15. What does Johnny ask of his mother, Sue?
(a) To give the names to the Sheriff.
(b) To leave.
(c) To pray for him.
(d) To kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Booker?
2. What does Booker ask?
3. Where does Booker say the Sheriff is?
4. Is she able to remain strong?
5. Where does Booker carry Sue?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)