|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
(a) A lynch mob.
(b) Reva screaming.
(c) The sheriff banging on the door.
(d) Johnny-Boy's footsteps.
2. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
(a) Talking to her minister.
(b) Old spiritual songs.
(c) Being in a pray group.
(d) Going to church.
3. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy gets ready to leave the house?
(a) Packs him a lunch.
(b) Walks him to the door.
(c) Tries to stop him.
(d) Starts to cry.
4. What does Johnny-Boy do after eating?
(a) Reads the paper.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Watches television.
(d) Puts his shoes back on.
5. What does Johnny-Boy do when his mother talks to him about the party?
(a) He defends his actions.
(b) He calls her a liar.
(c) He asks her what he should do.
(d) He agrees with her.
6. What does Sue do after the answer to question #72?
(a) Heats up her iron.
(b) Makes them tea.
(c) Sits at the kitchen table.
(d) Asks them to leave.
7. What does the Sheriff say to Sue about Johnny-Boy?
(a) If they need to look for him they will arrest him.
(b) If they need to look for him they will kill him.
(c) They don't say anything.
(d) If they need to look for him they will still find him.
8. What does the Sheriff do when he hears Sue yell at him?
(a) Comes back to the house and hits her.
(b) Comes back to the house and shoots her.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Gives her an obscene gesture.
9. What does Sue sense that night about her son, Johnny-Boy?
(a) He will soon be married.
(b) He will be shot and killed.
(c) She will soon be saying good-bye to him.
(d) He is going to bust his brother out of jail.
10. What is she told after she speaks to the sheriff?
(a) To fix them food.
(b) To remember she's talking to white people.
(c) That she is under arrest.
(d) To listen and shut up.
11. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
(c) Her mother.
12. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
(a) For raping a college student.
(b) For breaking the drug store's window.
(c) For not divulging names of others in the party.
(d) For talking back to the sheriff.
13. What do the people do when Sue speaks to them?
(a) Breaks her window.
(b) Fall silent.
(c) Scream at her.
(d) Run out of the house.
14. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
(a) A hard work ethic.
(b) A desire to find a good husband.
(c) A strong faith in Jesus.
(d) A hatred of whites.
15. How does Sue feel about Reva?
(a) Is afraid of her.
(b) Is suspicious of her.
(c) Is wary of her.
(d) Likes and trusts her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
2. What does Sue think the person in her house wants?
3. What seemed to continually test Sue's faith?
4. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
5. What does Johnny-Boy do when he comes home?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)