|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Sue after question #76?
(a) She goes to bed.
(b) She goes to jail.
(c) She falls to the floor.
(d) She is raped.
2. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
(a) That she came over.
(b) That she was arrested.
(c) That her father beat her up.
(d) That she loves him.
3. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
(a) Her mother.
4. What does the sheriff ask Sue about the meeting?
(a) Who will attend.
(b) What time it's to start.
(c) Where it will be held.
(d) Why they are having a meeting.
5. What does Sue think the person in her house wants?
(a) To find Johnny-Boy.
(b) To drop off some laundry.
(c) To bring her some food.
(d) To find Reva.
6. When is Johnny-Boy happiest?
(a) When he's with Reva.
(b) When he's in school.
(c) When he's fishing.
(d) When he's working for the party.
7. How did Sue feel about people who tried to destroy the Party?
8. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That they have a date Saturday.
(c) To keep his comrades away from her house.
(d) That her father is looking for him.
9. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy gets ready to leave the house?
(a) Tries to stop him.
(b) Starts to cry.
(c) Packs him a lunch.
(d) Walks him to the door.
10. What does Sue do after she shuts the door?
(a) Starts more laundry.
(b) Irons Johnny-Boy's shirts.
(c) Goes to her bedroom.
(d) Drinks a cup of coffee.
11. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
(a) He is at Reva's house.
(b) He's in love with Reva.
(c) Something terrible has happened to him.
(d) Reva's father hates him.
12. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Fold them.
(b) Mend them.
(c) Wash them.
(d) Iron them.
13. What does Sue do after the answer to question #72?
(a) Makes them tea.
(b) Heats up her iron.
(c) Asks them to leave.
(d) Sits at the kitchen table.
14. What has the sheriff discovered that has him upset?
(a) Sue hasn't finished his laundry yet.
(b) There's to be a party meeting.
(c) Reva stole some drugs.
(d) Johnny-Boy hit a car and left the scene.
15. What does Sue see one of the men in her house do?
(a) None of them did anything.
(b) Move his arm suddenly.
(c) Kick his foot towards her.
(d) Tip over her laundry pail
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
2. What seemed to continually test Sue's faith?
3. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't answer all his questions?
4. What does she do when the sheriff ask her the question from question #74?
5. What does the sheriff ask Sue?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)