|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sue feel about Reva?
(a) Likes and trusts her.
(b) Is afraid of her.
(c) Is wary of her.
(d) Is suspicious of her.
2. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her dead husband.
3. What does the Sheriff say to Sue about Johnny-Boy?
(a) If they need to look for him they will kill him.
(b) If they need to look for him they will arrest him.
(c) If they need to look for him they will still find him.
(d) They don't say anything.
4. What does she do when the sheriff ask her the question from question #74?
(a) She says she doesn't know.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She spits in his face.
(d) She doesn't respond.
5. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't answer all his questions?
(a) He slaps her in the face.
(b) He handcuffs her.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He kicks her in the shin.
6. What does the sheriff ask Sue?
(a) Where Reva is.
(b) Where she keeps the money for the party.
(c) Where Johnny-Boy is.
(d) Where Sug is.
7. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
(a) Reva screaming.
(b) A lynch mob.
(c) Johnny-Boy's footsteps.
(d) The sheriff banging on the door.
8. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Wash them.
(b) Iron them.
(c) Fold them.
(d) Mend them.
9. What has the sheriff discovered that has him upset?
(a) There's to be a party meeting.
(b) Reva stole some drugs.
(c) Sue hasn't finished his laundry yet.
(d) Johnny-Boy hit a car and left the scene.
10. With what does the Sheriff again threaten Sue?
(b) The death of her son.
(c) Life in prison.
(d) A charge of aiding and abetting.
11. Who are the people in Sue's house?
(a) Reva and her father.
(b) Johnny-Boy and comrades.
(c) Women from the church.
(d) Several white men.
12. What does Sue do after the answer to question #72?
(a) Sits at the kitchen table.
(b) Makes them tea.
(c) Heats up her iron.
(d) Asks them to leave.
13. What does Sue tell the Sheriff about the meeting?
(a) She refuses to tell him anything.
(b) That they have canceled the meeting.
(c) That her son is not attending the meeting.
(d) That the location is going to be moved every hour.
14. When does Sue shut the door after Johnny-Boy leaves?
(a) After sweeping the dust out the door.
(b) When she can't hear his foot steps.
(c) When Johnny-Boy gets in his car.
(d) When she sees the sheriff coming.
15. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That her father is looking for him.
(c) To keep his comrades away from her house.
(d) That they have a date Saturday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy leaves?
2. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
3. Where does Sue find people in her house?
4. What does Sue do as the Sheriff is leaving?
5. What does Reva tell Sue about the sheriff?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)