|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she do when the sheriff ask her the question from question #74?
(a) She spits in his face.
(b) She doesn't respond.
(c) She says she doesn't know.
(d) She begins to cry.
2. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
(a) Take off her wet shoes.
(b) Make a cup of tea.
(c) Take a warm shower.
(d) Dry her hair.
3. What does Sue see one of the men in her house do?
(a) Kick his foot towards her.
(b) None of them did anything.
(c) Move his arm suddenly.
(d) Tip over her laundry pail
4. Why does Sue protect her sons?
(a) Because she hates the Sheriff.
(b) Because they have threatened her.
(c) Because they believe so strongly in what they're doing.
(d) Because she believes as strongly as they do in the Communist ideals.
5. What does Sue tell the Sheriff about the meeting?
(a) She refuses to tell him anything.
(b) That they have canceled the meeting.
(c) That the location is going to be moved every hour.
(d) That her son is not attending the meeting.
6. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
(a) The sun shining after a week of rain.
(b) Jesus' Resurrection.
(c) The Medieval Crusades.
(d) The American Civil War.
7. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy?
(a) He and his father are very much alike.
(b) He is irresponsible.
(c) He has to continue his work for the party.
(d) He will probably move away soon.
8. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
(a) He's in love with Reva.
(b) He is at Reva's house.
(c) Something terrible has happened to him.
(d) Reva's father hates him.
9. What does the Sheriff say to Sue about Johnny-Boy?
(a) If they need to look for him they will still find him.
(b) They don't say anything.
(c) If they need to look for him they will kill him.
(d) If they need to look for him they will arrest him.
10. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
(a) Notifying others of a meeting.
(b) Working at the gas station.
(c) Tending to a foaling mare.
11. What does Sue do when Reva leaves?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Makes some tear.
(c) Stands in the doorway and watches her.
(d) Has a drink.
12. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't answer all his questions?
(a) He slaps her in the face.
(b) He handcuffs her.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He kicks her in the shin.
13. What is she told after she speaks to the sheriff?
(a) That she is under arrest.
(b) To listen and shut up.
(c) To remember she's talking to white people.
(d) To fix them food.
14. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Goes for a walk.
(c) Puts away his supper.
(d) Brings him a pillow.
15. Why does Sue want Johnny-Boy to have some money?
(a) In case he needs to leave town.
(b) So he can buy a car.
(c) So he can take Reva on a date.
(d) So he can eat when out and about.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue do while Johnny-Boy is eating?
2. What happens when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
3. What does the word 'reiterate' mean?
4. How did Sue feel about people who tried to destroy the Party?
5. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)