|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Sue tell Johnny-Boy the meeting needs to be called off?
(a) While he eats.
(b) After he wakes up and eats.
(d) The day before the meeting.
2. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
(a) A hatred of whites.
(b) A desire to find a good husband.
(c) A strong faith in Jesus.
(d) A hard work ethic.
3. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
(a) For raping a college student.
(b) For talking back to the sheriff.
(c) For breaking the drug store's window.
(d) For not divulging names of others in the party.
4. When does Sue shut the door after Johnny-Boy leaves?
(a) When she can't hear his foot steps.
(b) When she sees the sheriff coming.
(c) When Johnny-Boy gets in his car.
(d) After sweeping the dust out the door.
5. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
(a) Goes into town.
(b) Sings a song she learned from her mother.
(c) Reads the Bible.
(d) Watches television.
6. What does the sheriff ask Sue?
(a) Where Sug is.
(b) Where Reva is.
(c) Where she keeps the money for the party.
(d) Where Johnny-Boy is.
7. What does Johnny-Boy try to give his mother after dinner?
(a) His laundry from last week.
(b) Some flowers he picked.
(c) Money for the canceled meeting.
8. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
(a) Call her sister in Ohio.
(b) Have a glass of whiskey.
(c) Concentrate on work.
(d) Read the Bible.
9. How does Johnny-Boy feel when his mother keeps talking at him?
10. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
(a) Dry her hair.
(b) Make a cup of tea.
(c) Take off her wet shoes.
(d) Take a warm shower.
11. With what does the Sheriff again threaten Sue?
(b) Life in prison.
(c) A charge of aiding and abetting.
(d) The death of her son.
12. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
(a) He thinks she is too religious.
(b) He loves her deeply.
(c) He is irritated by her.
(d) He thinks she is wrong about the party.
13. What does Sue think Johnny-Boy has done wrong regarding the party?
(a) He didn't get outside help.
(b) He let too many whites in too fast.
(c) He didn't bring in enough older people.
(d) He shouldn't have joined.
14. What is Sue doing when she realizes someone is in her house?
(c) Washing clothes.
15. What does Johnny-Boy do when he comes home?
(a) Eats dinner.
(b) Takes a shower.
(c) Takes off his shoes and lights his pipe.
(d) Goes to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sheriff say to Sue about Johnny-Boy?
2. When Sue continues to refuse to answer the Sheriff's questions, what does he do?
3. How does Sue taunt the Sheriff?
4. What does Sue think the person in her house wants?
5. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)