|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue feel about Johnny-Boy after dinner?
(a) He has gotten too old.
(b) He is disobedient.
(c) He will leave and not return.
(d) He will never have children.
2. What does the Sheriff say to Sue about Johnny-Boy?
(a) If they need to look for him they will still find him.
(b) They don't say anything.
(c) If they need to look for him they will arrest him.
(d) If they need to look for him they will kill him.
3. How did Sue feel about people who tried to destroy the Party?
4. How does Sue earn her living?
(a) Serving in the school's cafeteria.
(b) Cleaning houses.
(c) Sewing clothes.
(d) By washing and ironing other people's laundry.
5. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
(b) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
(c) Her brother went into the hospital.
(d) Her mother has been ill.
6. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
(a) Have a glass of whiskey.
(b) Call her sister in Ohio.
(c) Read the Bible.
(d) Concentrate on work.
7. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about the meeting?
(a) She doesn't mention the meeting.
(b) That she will attend.
(c) That the sheriff knows about it.
(d) That the place will have to be moved.
8. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
(a) Staying alive.
(b) Winnning the lottery.
(c) White people's laws.
(d) Taking care of her sons.
9. How did life seem to Sue after one of her sons went to jail?
(a) More difficult.
(b) No different than before.
10. What does Sue do when she quits ironing?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Has a bottle of beer.
(c) Sews Johnny-Boy's jacket.
(d) Fixes Johnny-Boy's dinner.
11. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
(a) Take a warm shower.
(b) Take off her wet shoes.
(c) Make a cup of tea.
(d) Dry her hair.
12. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy finishes eating?
(a) More laundry.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Starts to iron again.
(d) The dishes.
13. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
(a) To keep his comrades away from her house.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That they have a date Saturday.
(d) That her father is looking for him.
14. What does Sue do after the answer to question #72?
(a) Makes them tea.
(b) Sits at the kitchen table.
(c) Heats up her iron.
(d) Asks them to leave.
15. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That she came over.
(c) That her father beat her up.
(d) That she was arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sue want Johnny-Boy to have some money?
2. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy?
3. With what does the Sheriff again threaten Sue?
4. How does Johnny-Boy feel when his mother keeps talking at him?
5. What does Sue repeat to the men?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)