|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sheriff ask Sue?
(a) Where Sug is.
(b) Where Reva is.
(c) Where Johnny-Boy is.
(d) Where she keeps the money for the party.
2. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
(a) That her father beat her up.
(b) That she was arrested.
(c) That she came over.
(d) That she loves him.
3. What does Johnny-Boy do after eating?
(a) Reads the paper.
(b) Puts his shoes back on.
(c) Goes to bed.
(d) Watches television.
4. How does Sue earn her living?
(a) Serving in the school's cafeteria.
(b) Sewing clothes.
(c) By washing and ironing other people's laundry.
(d) Cleaning houses.
5. What is Sue primarily afraid of that night?
(a) Losing her son.
(b) Being beaten by the sheriff.
(c) Reva's father killing Johnny-Boy.
(d) Sug being hung.
6. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy gets ready to leave the house?
(a) Starts to cry.
(b) Packs him a lunch.
(c) Tries to stop him.
(d) Walks him to the door.
7. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
(a) It is sunny.
(b) It is warm, but cloudy.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is raining.
8. What does Sue say when the Sheriff ask where Johnny-Boy is?
(a) He has left town.
(b) They will have to find him.
(c) She doesn't know.
(d) He is sleeping in his bedroom.
9. How does Sue feel towards white people?
(a) Hate and respect.
10. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
(a) Her dead husband.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
11. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy finishes eating?
(a) Starts to iron again.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) More laundry.
(d) The dishes.
12. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
(a) Dry her hair.
(b) Make a cup of tea.
(c) Take a warm shower.
(d) Take off her wet shoes.
13. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't answer all his questions?
(a) He slaps her in the face.
(b) He kicks her in the shin.
(c) He handcuffs her.
(d) He leaves.
14. What is she told after she speaks to the sheriff?
(a) To remember she's talking to white people.
(b) To listen and shut up.
(c) That she is under arrest.
(d) To fix them food.
15. What does the Sheriff say to Sue about Johnny-Boy?
(a) If they need to look for him they will kill him.
(b) If they need to look for him they will still find him.
(c) If they need to look for him they will arrest him.
(d) They don't say anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sue continues to refuse to answer the Sheriff's questions, what does he do?
2. Of what is Sue proud?
3. What is Sue doing when she realizes someone is in her house?
4. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
5. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)