|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue see one of the men in her house do?
(a) Tip over her laundry pail
(b) None of them did anything.
(c) Move his arm suddenly.
(d) Kick his foot towards her.
2. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
(d) Vocational school.
3. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
(a) For breaking the drug store's window.
(b) For raping a college student.
(c) For talking back to the sheriff.
(d) For not divulging names of others in the party.
4. What is one of the most consistent situations we read about in Sue's life?
(a) Having a string of lovers.
(b) Working too hard, but making good money.
(c) Losing people she loves.
(d) Not taking care of her family.
5. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
(a) The sun shining after a week of rain.
(b) The Medieval Crusades.
(c) Jesus' Resurrection.
(d) The American Civil War.
6. What does Johnny-Boy do after eating?
(a) Puts his shoes back on.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Reads the paper.
(d) Watches television.
7. How did life seem to Sue after one of her sons went to jail?
(b) More difficult.
(c) No different than before.
8. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Old spiritual songs.
(c) Being in a pray group.
(d) Talking to her minister.
9. What does Sue say when the Sheriff ask where Johnny-Boy is?
(a) He has left town.
(b) They will have to find him.
(c) He is sleeping in his bedroom.
(d) She doesn't know.
10. What does the Sheriff do when he hears Sue yell at him?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Gives her an obscene gesture.
(c) Comes back to the house and shoots her.
(d) Comes back to the house and hits her.
11. What does Sue think the person in her house wants?
(a) To find Johnny-Boy.
(b) To find Reva.
(c) To bring her some food.
(d) To drop off some laundry.
12. What does Sue tell the Sheriff about the meeting?
(a) She refuses to tell him anything.
(b) That the location is going to be moved every hour.
(c) That they have canceled the meeting.
(d) That her son is not attending the meeting.
13. Why does Sue want Johnny-Boy to have some money?
(a) In case he needs to leave town.
(b) So he can eat when out and about.
(c) So he can buy a car.
(d) So he can take Reva on a date.
14. What does Johnny-Boy try to give his mother after dinner?
(a) Some flowers he picked.
(b) His laundry from last week.
(d) Money for the canceled meeting.
15. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
(a) He loves her deeply.
(b) He thinks she is too religious.
(c) He is irritated by her.
(d) He thinks she is wrong about the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Sue tell Johnny-Boy the meeting needs to be called off?
2. Where does Sue find people in her house?
3. What happens when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
4. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't answer all his questions?
5. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy finishes eating?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)