|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Sue shut the door after Johnny-Boy leaves?
(a) When she sees the sheriff coming.
(b) When she can't hear his foot steps.
(c) After sweeping the dust out the door.
(d) When Johnny-Boy gets in his car.
2. What does the sheriff ask Sue?
(a) Where Reva is.
(b) Where Sug is.
(c) Where Johnny-Boy is.
(d) Where she keeps the money for the party.
3. What does the word 'reiterate' mean?
(a) To stare in silence.
(b) To argue about principle.
(c) To say again.
(d) To return home.
4. What does Sue do when Reva leaves?
(a) Has a drink.
(b) Stands in the doorway and watches her.
(c) Makes some tear.
(d) Goes to bed.
5. What does Sue say when the Sheriff ask where Johnny-Boy is?
(a) He has left town.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) He is sleeping in his bedroom.
(d) They will have to find him.
6. What does Sue feel about Johnny-Boy after dinner?
(a) He will never have children.
(b) He has gotten too old.
(c) He is disobedient.
(d) He will leave and not return.
7. When will Sue tell Johnny-Boy the meeting needs to be called off?
(a) After he wakes up and eats.
(c) The day before the meeting.
(d) While he eats.
8. Why did Johnny-Boy think it was necessary to take in so many members so quickly?
(a) To spread out the meeting places.
(b) To collect more dues.
(c) To make the party grow and become strong.
(d) So he could get outside help.
9. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy gets ready to leave the house?
(a) Walks him to the door.
(b) Starts to cry.
(c) Packs him a lunch.
(d) Tries to stop him.
10. How does Sue taunt the Sheriff?
(a) By saying he was unable to get what he came for.
(b) By saying he never did have any guts.
(c) By saying she will kill his family if he kills hers.
(d) By saying he is a coward.
11. What does Sue do after she shuts the door?
(a) Goes to her bedroom.
(b) Drinks a cup of coffee.
(c) Starts more laundry.
(d) Irons Johnny-Boy's shirts.
12. Why does Sue want Johnny-Boy to have some money?
(a) In case he needs to leave town.
(b) So he can buy a car.
(c) So he can eat when out and about.
(d) So he can take Reva on a date.
13. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
(a) The sun shining after a week of rain.
(b) The Medieval Crusades.
(c) The American Civil War.
(d) Jesus' Resurrection.
14. What does Sue say to the people in her house?
(a) Threatens to call the police.
(b) Asks them to sit down.
(c) Asks if they want a cup of coffee.
(d) Tells them to leave.
15. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about the meeting?
(a) She doesn't mention the meeting.
(b) That the place will have to be moved.
(c) That the sheriff knows about it.
(d) That she will attend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny-Boy try to give his mother after dinner?
2. What does the sheriff ask Sue about the meeting?
3. What has the sheriff discovered that has him upset?
4. Why does Sue protect her sons?
5. Who does Sue think is responsible for telling the sheriff about the meeting?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)