|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny-Boy do when his mother talks to him about the party?
(a) He asks her what he should do.
(b) He defends his actions.
(c) He agrees with her.
(d) He calls her a liar.
2. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
(a) Goes for a walk.
(b) Puts away his supper.
(c) Brings him a pillow.
(d) Goes to bed.
3. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
(a) Reva screaming.
(b) The sheriff banging on the door.
(c) A lynch mob.
(d) Johnny-Boy's footsteps.
4. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Fold them.
(b) Mend them.
(c) Wash them.
(d) Iron them.
5. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
(a) Her mother.
6. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is sunny.
(d) It is warm, but cloudy.
7. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
(a) The American Civil War.
(b) Jesus' Resurrection.
(c) The sun shining after a week of rain.
(d) The Medieval Crusades.
8. What does Sue do while Johnny-Boy is eating?
(a) Keeps ironing.
(b) Takes a walk.
(c) Has a cup of coffee at the table.
(d) Feeds the dog.
9. What does the Sheriff say to Sue about Johnny-Boy?
(a) If they need to look for him they will still find him.
(b) If they need to look for him they will kill him.
(c) If they need to look for him they will arrest him.
(d) They don't say anything.
10. Of what is Sue proud?
(a) Of her defiance, pride and strength.
(b) Of the way her home was clean and neat.
(c) Of the way she does not scream when hit.
(d) Of her son.
11. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Being in a pray group.
(c) Old spiritual songs.
(d) Talking to her minister.
12. What happens to Sue after question #76?
(a) She falls to the floor.
(b) She goes to bed.
(c) She is raped.
(d) She goes to jail.
13. What do the people do when Sue speaks to them?
(a) Run out of the house.
(b) Scream at her.
(c) Breaks her window.
(d) Fall silent.
14. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
(a) That her father is looking for him.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) To keep his comrades away from her house.
(d) That they have a date Saturday.
15. What does Sue do when she quits ironing?
(a) Has a bottle of beer.
(b) Fixes Johnny-Boy's dinner.
(c) Sews Johnny-Boy's jacket.
(d) Goes to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy gets ready to leave the house?
2. How does Sue feel about Reva?
3. When does Sue shut the door after Johnny-Boy leaves?
4. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
5. When Sue continues to refuse to answer the Sheriff's questions, what does he do?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)