|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the people in Sue's house?
(a) Women from the church.
(b) Several white men.
(c) Reva and her father.
(d) Johnny-Boy and comrades.
2. Why did Johnny-Boy think it was necessary to take in so many members so quickly?
(a) To spread out the meeting places.
(b) To make the party grow and become strong.
(c) So he could get outside help.
(d) To collect more dues.
3. What does Reva tell Sue about the sheriff?
(a) He raped her.
(b) He was at her home that night.
(c) He killed Reva's father.
(d) He was looking for her.
4. What does Sue do as the Sheriff is leaving?
(a) Calls the FBI.
(b) Yells after him and tells him what he wants to know.
(c) Shoots him with her shotgun.
(d) Yells after him to taunt him.
5. What does Sue do when Reva leaves?
(a) Stands in the doorway and watches her.
(b) Makes some tear.
(c) Has a drink.
(d) Goes to bed.
6. What does Johnny-Boy do when his mother talks to him about the party?
(a) He defends his actions.
(b) He agrees with her.
(c) He calls her a liar.
(d) He asks her what he should do.
7. When will Sue tell Johnny-Boy the meeting needs to be called off?
(a) While he eats.
(b) The day before the meeting.
(c) After he wakes up and eats.
8. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
(c) Her mother.
9. What is one of the most consistent situations we read about in Sue's life?
(a) Not taking care of her family.
(b) Working too hard, but making good money.
(c) Losing people she loves.
(d) Having a string of lovers.
10. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about the meeting?
(a) She doesn't mention the meeting.
(b) That the place will have to be moved.
(c) That she will attend.
(d) That the sheriff knows about it.
11. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't answer all his questions?
(a) He kicks her in the shin.
(b) He slaps her in the face.
(c) He handcuffs her.
(d) He leaves.
12. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
(a) He is at Reva's house.
(b) He's in love with Reva.
(c) Reva's father hates him.
(d) Something terrible has happened to him.
13. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That her father beat her up.
(c) That she was arrested.
(d) That she came over.
14. Who does Sue think is responsible for telling the sheriff about the meeting?
(a) She doesn't have an opinion.
(b) Reva's father.
(c) One of the new white people.
15. What does Sue say when the Sheriff ask where Johnny-Boy is?
(a) He has left town.
(b) They will have to find him.
(c) He is sleeping in his bedroom.
(d) She doesn't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
2. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
3. What does the Sheriff do when he hears Sue yell at him?
4. With what does the Sheriff again threaten Sue?
5. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)