|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue say when the Sheriff ask where Johnny-Boy is?
(a) He is sleeping in his bedroom.
(b) They will have to find him.
(c) He has left town.
(d) She doesn't know.
2. What does she do when the sheriff ask her the question from question #74?
(a) She spits in his face.
(b) She doesn't respond.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She says she doesn't know.
3. How does Sue feel about Reva?
(a) Is suspicious of her.
(b) Is afraid of her.
(c) Is wary of her.
(d) Likes and trusts her.
4. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
(a) Tending to a foaling mare.
(b) Working at the gas station.
(c) Notifying others of a meeting.
5. What does Reva tell Sue about the sheriff?
(a) He killed Reva's father.
(b) He was at her home that night.
(c) He raped her.
(d) He was looking for her.
6. Where does Sue find people in her house?
(a) The living room.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) Johnny-Boy's room.
(d) The kitchen.
7. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
(a) A hatred of whites.
(b) A strong faith in Jesus.
(c) A desire to find a good husband.
(d) A hard work ethic.
8. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't answer all his questions?
(a) He handcuffs her.
(b) He slaps her in the face.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He kicks her in the shin.
9. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about the meeting?
(a) That she will attend.
(b) That the place will have to be moved.
(c) That the sheriff knows about it.
(d) She doesn't mention the meeting.
10. What does the sheriff ask Sue?
(a) Where she keeps the money for the party.
(b) Where Reva is.
(c) Where Sug is.
(d) Where Johnny-Boy is.
11. How does Sue taunt the Sheriff?
(a) By saying she will kill his family if he kills hers.
(b) By saying he is a coward.
(c) By saying he was unable to get what he came for.
(d) By saying he never did have any guts.
12. How did Sue feel about people who tried to destroy the Party?
13. What do the people do when Sue speaks to them?
(a) Scream at her.
(b) Run out of the house.
(c) Fall silent.
(d) Breaks her window.
14. What does Sue think Johnny-Boy has done wrong regarding the party?
(a) He shouldn't have joined.
(b) He didn't bring in enough older people.
(c) He didn't get outside help.
(d) He let too many whites in too fast.
15. How does Johnny-Boy see the people he encounters?
(a) As communist or not.
(b) As young or old.
(c) As rich or poor.
(d) As black or white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue tell the Sheriff about the meeting?
2. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
3. Why does Sue protect her sons?
4. By what is Sue consumed?
5. What does the word 'reiterate' mean?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)