|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is warm, but cloudy.
(d) It is sunny.
2. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
(a) The sun shining after a week of rain.
(b) The American Civil War.
(c) Jesus' Resurrection.
(d) The Medieval Crusades.
3. What has the sheriff discovered that has him upset?
(a) Sue hasn't finished his laundry yet.
(b) Reva stole some drugs.
(c) There's to be a party meeting.
(d) Johnny-Boy hit a car and left the scene.
4. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
(a) Reva's father hates him.
(b) He's in love with Reva.
(c) Something terrible has happened to him.
(d) He is at Reva's house.
5. How does Sue feel about Reva?
(a) Is suspicious of her.
(b) Is afraid of her.
(c) Likes and trusts her.
(d) Is wary of her.
6. When will Sue tell Johnny-Boy the meeting needs to be called off?
(b) The day before the meeting.
(c) While he eats.
(d) After he wakes up and eats.
7. What does Reva tell Sue about the sheriff?
(a) He was at her home that night.
(b) He was looking for her.
(c) He raped her.
(d) He killed Reva's father.
8. What does Sue feel about Johnny-Boy after dinner?
(a) He will leave and not return.
(b) He will never have children.
(c) He has gotten too old.
(d) He is disobedient.
9. What does Sue do while Johnny-Boy is eating?
(a) Feeds the dog.
(b) Keeps ironing.
(c) Has a cup of coffee at the table.
(d) Takes a walk.
10. What does Johnny-Boy do when his mother talks to him about the party?
(a) He asks her what he should do.
(b) He agrees with her.
(c) He calls her a liar.
(d) He defends his actions.
11. What does Johnny-Boy do when he comes home?
(a) Eats dinner.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Takes a shower.
(d) Takes off his shoes and lights his pipe.
12. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
(a) It will be full.
(b) It should be interesting.
(c) It will last all night.
(d) It should be canceled.
13. How did life seem to Sue after one of her sons went to jail?
(c) No different than before.
(d) More difficult.
14. Who are the people in Sue's house?
(a) Women from the church.
(b) Several white men.
(c) Reva and her father.
(d) Johnny-Boy and comrades.
15. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy gets ready to leave the house?
(a) Walks him to the door.
(b) Starts to cry.
(c) Packs him a lunch.
(d) Tries to stop him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people do when Sue speaks to them?
2. What does Sue sense that night about her son, Johnny-Boy?
3. What seemed to continually test Sue's faith?
4. What happens to Sue after question #76?
5. What does the sheriff do when Sue doesn't answer all his questions?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)