|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she do when the sheriff ask her the question from question #74?
(a) She doesn't respond.
(b) She spits in his face.
(c) She says she doesn't know.
(d) She begins to cry.
2. When is Johnny-Boy happiest?
(a) When he's in school.
(b) When he's with Reva.
(c) When he's fishing.
(d) When he's working for the party.
3. Who does Sue think is responsible for telling the sheriff about the meeting?
(b) She doesn't have an opinion.
(c) One of the new white people.
(d) Reva's father.
4. What does Sue think Johnny-Boy has done wrong regarding the party?
(a) He didn't bring in enough older people.
(b) He let too many whites in too fast.
(c) He shouldn't have joined.
(d) He didn't get outside help.
5. What is one of the most consistent situations we read about in Sue's life?
(a) Losing people she loves.
(b) Having a string of lovers.
(c) Not taking care of her family.
(d) Working too hard, but making good money.
6. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
(a) He thinks she is too religious.
(b) He loves her deeply.
(c) He is irritated by her.
(d) He thinks she is wrong about the party.
7. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
(a) A desire to find a good husband.
(b) A hatred of whites.
(c) A hard work ethic.
(d) A strong faith in Jesus.
8. What does the word 'reiterate' mean?
(a) To stare in silence.
(b) To return home.
(c) To say again.
(d) To argue about principle.
9. What does Sue feel about Johnny-Boy after dinner?
(a) He is disobedient.
(b) He will never have children.
(c) He has gotten too old.
(d) He will leave and not return.
10. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
(a) That they have a date Saturday.
(b) That her father is looking for him.
(c) To keep his comrades away from her house.
(d) That she loves him.
11. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her dead husband.
12. What does the sheriff ask Sue?
(a) Where Reva is.
(b) Where Johnny-Boy is.
(c) Where she keeps the money for the party.
(d) Where Sug is.
13. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
(a) That her father beat her up.
(b) That she came over.
(c) That she was arrested.
(d) That she loves him.
14. Why did Johnny-Boy think it was necessary to take in so many members so quickly?
(a) So he could get outside help.
(b) To collect more dues.
(c) To make the party grow and become strong.
(d) To spread out the meeting places.
15. By what is Sue consumed?
(a) Tolerance for the ignorant Sheriff.
(b) Forgiveness for the Sheriff.
(c) Bitter pride.
(d) Bitter knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
2. What does Johnny-Boy do when his mother talks to him about the party?
3. What does Sue feel in her face?
4. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy gets ready to leave the house?
5. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)