|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
(a) Dry her hair.
(b) Take off her wet shoes.
(c) Take a warm shower.
(d) Make a cup of tea.
2. How does Johnny-Boy feel when his mother keeps talking at him?
3. What does the sheriff ask Sue about the meeting?
(a) Where it will be held.
(b) What time it's to start.
(c) Who will attend.
(d) Why they are having a meeting.
4. What does Sue tell the Sheriff about the meeting?
(a) That the location is going to be moved every hour.
(b) She refuses to tell him anything.
(c) That her son is not attending the meeting.
(d) That they have canceled the meeting.
5. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy gets ready to leave the house?
(a) Walks him to the door.
(b) Tries to stop him.
(c) Packs him a lunch.
(d) Starts to cry.
6. Where does Sue find people in her house?
(a) The living room.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) Johnny-Boy's room.
(d) The kitchen.
7. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
(a) Watches television.
(b) Reads the Bible.
(c) Sings a song she learned from her mother.
(d) Goes into town.
8. What happens when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
(a) Lightning hits the house.
(b) His pipe drops to the floor.
(c) Reva comes back.
(d) He starts to snore.
9. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
(a) A strong faith in Jesus.
(b) A desire to find a good husband.
(c) A hatred of whites.
(d) A hard work ethic.
10. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
(a) He's in love with Reva.
(b) Something terrible has happened to him.
(c) He is at Reva's house.
(d) Reva's father hates him.
11. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is warm, but cloudy.
(c) It is sunny.
(d) It is raining.
12. What does Sue see one of the men in her house do?
(a) None of them did anything.
(b) Kick his foot towards her.
(c) Move his arm suddenly.
(d) Tip over her laundry pail
13. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
(a) Tending to a foaling mare.
(b) Notifying others of a meeting.
(d) Working at the gas station.
14. What does the sheriff tell Sue?
(a) He is there to help her.
(b) He is there to arrest her.
(c) He has brought Sug home.
(d) He is there to arrest Johnny-Boy.
15. What does Johnny-Boy try to give his mother after dinner?
(b) Some flowers he picked.
(c) His laundry from last week.
(d) Money for the canceled meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy leaves?
2. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
3. What do the people do when Sue speaks to them?
4. What does the sheriff ask Sue?
5. What does Sue say to the people in her house?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)