Short Essay Questions Key
1. What is the weather like in the beginning of this story and what is Sue thinking about as she looks out the window?
2. What kind of work does Sue start to do after looking out the window? What does she wish for as she works?
3. What is making Sue anxious?
4. Why can't Sue quit worrying about her son?
5. How did life feel to Sue after Sug was arrested?
6. What did Sue's mother instill in her and how was that tested?
7. What types of trials has Sue handled in her life thus far?
8. What does Reva tell Sue?
9. What do Reva and Sue wonder about concerning the sheriff?
10. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy and his work?
11. Who does Sue hear coming in shortly after she finishes her ironing and what does she feel?
12. What does Johnny-Boy do when he arrives home?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)