Short Answer Key
1. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
It is raining.
2. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
3. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
4. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
5. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
6. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
7. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
Notifying others of a meeting.
8. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
Concentrate on work.
9. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
For not divulging names of others in the party.
10. How does Sue earn her...
This section contains 2,225 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)