|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) Her brother went into the hospital.
(b) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
(c) Her mother has been ill.
(d) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
2. How does one man suggest she can save her son?
(a) To have him tell the Sheriff the names.
(b) To kill the Sheriff first.
(c) To kill her son first.
(d) To tell the Sheriff the names.
3. When does Sue shut the door after Johnny-Boy leaves?
(a) When she can't hear his foot steps.
(b) When Johnny-Boy gets in his car.
(c) After sweeping the dust out the door.
(d) When she sees the sheriff coming.
4. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
(a) Sings a song she learned from her mother.
(b) Goes into town.
(c) Watches television.
(d) Reads the Bible.
5. What does Sue want to do?
(a) Have a priest adminster last rites.
(b) Pray with her son before he dies.
(c) Convince her son to confess.
(d) Stall for the arrival of Booker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booker again ask Sue?
2. What does Sue have to remain strong?
3. How does Sue feel about Reva?
4. How did life seem to Sue after one of her sons went to jail?
5. What does Sue think the person in her house wants?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)