|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proves to be too much for Sue?
(a) Reva's exuberance.
(b) Sue's head wound.
(c) The Sheriff's arrival.
(d) The burned stew.
2. What does Sue tell her friend?
(a) That Booker is contacting party members.
(b) That the Sheriff is arresting her other son.
(d) That Johnny-Boy has been arrested.
3. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(a) Her dead husband.
(b) Her sister, Ethel.
(d) Her grandmother.
4. What is Sue thinking about when she is alone in the kitchen?
(a) What she should do.
(b) Not much of anything because she's in a lot of pain.
(c) How she hopes Reva and Johnny-Boy can someday be happy.
(d) Revenge on the Sheriff.
5. Who does Sue want to reach before Booker?
(b) The Sheriff.
(c) Her other son.
(d) The other communist cell members.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sue taunt the Sheriff?
2. What does Sue almost do?
3. Who else arrives at the clearing?
4. When is the meeting scheduled?
5. What probably sustains Sue?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)