|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
(a) Take off her wet shoes.
(b) Make a cup of tea.
(c) Dry her hair.
(d) Take a warm shower.
2. From what is Sue freed?
(c) Uncertainty about what's going to happen.
3. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
(a) To see if Johnny-Boy was home.
(b) To get away from her father.
(c) To borrow some sugar.
(d) To help wash clothes.
4. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about the meeting?
(a) That the sheriff knows about it.
(b) That the place will have to be moved.
(c) That she will attend.
(d) She doesn't mention the meeting.
5. Why does Sue protect her sons?
(a) Because she believes as strongly as they do in the Communist ideals.
(b) Because they believe so strongly in what they're doing.
(c) Because they have threatened her.
(d) Because she hates the Sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sue think is responsible for telling the sheriff about the meeting?
2. How does Johnny-Boy feel when his mother keeps talking at him?
3. With what does the Sheriff again threaten Sue?
4. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
5. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)