|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Sue shut the door after Johnny-Boy leaves?
(a) When she sees the sheriff coming.
(b) When Johnny-Boy gets in his car.
(c) After sweeping the dust out the door.
(d) When she can't hear his foot steps.
2. By what is Sue consumed?
(a) Bitter knowledge.
(b) Forgiveness for the Sheriff.
(c) Bitter pride.
(d) Tolerance for the ignorant Sheriff.
3. What does Sue see one of the men in her house do?
(a) Tip over her laundry pail
(b) Move his arm suddenly.
(c) None of them did anything.
(d) Kick his foot towards her.
4. Is giving Booker the names likely to change the outcome?
(a) No since Johnny-Boy is already in custody.
(b) No since the Sheriff already found Sue's black book.
(c) Yes because Johnny-Boy dies before the Sheriff learns anything.
(d) Yes because Johnny-Boy escaped before the Sheriff learns anything.
5. What does Booker ask?
(a) Who hit her.
(b) Why she is like this.
(c) Where she is hit.
(d) Where her son is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
2. In this chapter, several things are foreshadowed, a term that means...?
3. Of what is Sue fairly sure?
4. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
5. What does Sue feel about Johnny-Boy after dinner?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)