|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
(b) Her mother.
2. How does Johnny-Boy see the people he encounters?
(a) As black or white.
(b) As young or old.
(c) As rich or poor.
(d) As communist or not.
3. What seemed to continually test Sue's faith?
(a) Her sons' behavior.
(b) The discrimination towards black people.
(c) The pain in her body.
(d) Her husband's illness.
4. Why does Sue feel the way she does about Booker's offer?
(a) She knows she can't do it.
(b) She wonders if the others will be ok with it.
(c) She isn't sure she can trust him.
(d) She thinks he is manipulating her.
5. What does Johnny-Boy do when his mother talks to him about the party?
(a) He calls her a liar.
(b) He asks her what he should do.
(c) He defends his actions.
(d) He agrees with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
2. What does Sue do after she shuts the door?
3. How did life seem to Sue after one of her sons went to jail?
4. Why does Sue want Johnny-Boy to have some money?
5. Where does Booker say the Sheriff is?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)