|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) Her brother went into the hospital.
(b) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
(c) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
(d) Her mother has been ill.
2. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy gets ready to leave the house?
(a) Packs him a lunch.
(b) Walks him to the door.
(c) Starts to cry.
(d) Tries to stop him.
3. What happens when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
(a) Reva comes back.
(b) He starts to snore.
(c) His pipe drops to the floor.
(d) Lightning hits the house.
4. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
(a) Reva screaming.
(b) A lynch mob.
(c) The sheriff banging on the door.
(d) Johnny-Boy's footsteps.
5. Of what is Sue proud?
(a) Of the way her home was clean and neat.
(b) Of her son.
(c) Of her defiance, pride and strength.
(d) Of the way she does not scream when hit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue not trust Booker?
2. In this chapter, several things are foreshadowed, a term that means...?
3. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
4. What is one of the most consistent situations we read about in Sue's life?
5. What does the Sheriff say to Sue about Johnny-Boy?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)