|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Sue after question #76?
(a) She goes to bed.
(b) She is raped.
(c) She goes to jail.
(d) She falls to the floor.
2. What does Sue do after the answer to question #72?
(a) Makes them tea.
(b) Asks them to leave.
(c) Heats up her iron.
(d) Sits at the kitchen table.
3. How does Sue taunt the Sheriff?
(a) By saying he never did have any guts.
(b) By saying he is a coward.
(c) By saying he was unable to get what he came for.
(d) By saying she will kill his family if he kills hers.
4. How does Johnny-Boy see the people he encounters?
(a) As young or old.
(b) As communist or not.
(c) As rich or poor.
(d) As black or white.
5. When Sue continues to refuse to answer the Sheriff's questions, what does he do?
(a) He offers her money for the answers.
(b) He and his men leave the house.
(c) He shoots Sue.
(d) He ties Sue up and begins systematic torture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny-Boy do when his mother talks to him about the party?
2. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
3. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy finishes eating?
4. What does Sue tell the Sheriff about the meeting?
5. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)