|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
(a) Lightning hits the house.
(b) Reva comes back.
(c) His pipe drops to the floor.
(d) He starts to snore.
2. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
(a) Working at the gas station.
(b) Tending to a foaling mare.
(d) Notifying others of a meeting.
3. When does Sue shut the door after Johnny-Boy leaves?
(a) When Johnny-Boy gets in his car.
(b) When she can't hear his foot steps.
(c) After sweeping the dust out the door.
(d) When she sees the sheriff coming.
4. What is Sue primarily afraid of that night?
(a) Being beaten by the sheriff.
(b) Sug being hung.
(c) Losing her son.
(d) Reva's father killing Johnny-Boy.
5. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
(a) Concentrate on work.
(b) Call her sister in Ohio.
(c) Have a glass of whiskey.
(d) Read the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about Reva?
2. When will Sue tell Johnny-Boy the meeting needs to be called off?
3. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
4. Why does Sue want Johnny-Boy to have some money?
5. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)