|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did life seem to Sue after one of her sons went to jail?
(b) No different than before.
(c) More difficult.
2. When does Sue shut the door after Johnny-Boy leaves?
(a) After sweeping the dust out the door.
(b) When Johnny-Boy gets in his car.
(c) When she sees the sheriff coming.
(d) When she can't hear his foot steps.
3. When will Sue tell Johnny-Boy the meeting needs to be called off?
(a) While he eats.
(b) The day before the meeting.
(d) After he wakes up and eats.
4. What does Sue feel about Johnny-Boy after dinner?
(a) He has gotten too old.
(b) He is disobedient.
(c) He will never have children.
(d) He will leave and not return.
5. What seemed to continually test Sue's faith?
(a) The pain in her body.
(b) Her sons' behavior.
(c) Her husband's illness.
(d) The discrimination towards black people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
2. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
3. What does Johnny-Boy try to give his mother after dinner?
4. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
5. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)