|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue do while Johnny-Boy is eating?
(a) Has a cup of coffee at the table.
(b) Keeps ironing.
(c) Feeds the dog.
(d) Takes a walk.
2. How does Johnny-Boy feel when his mother keeps talking at him?
3. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
(b) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
(c) Her mother has been ill.
(d) Her brother went into the hospital.
4. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
(a) To see if Johnny-Boy was home.
(b) To get away from her father.
(c) To borrow some sugar.
(d) To help wash clothes.
5. When is Johnny-Boy happiest?
(a) When he's fishing.
(b) When he's with Reva.
(c) When he's working for the party.
(d) When he's in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
2. How did Sue feel about people who tried to destroy the Party?
3. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
4. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
5. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)