|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
(a) A strong faith in Jesus.
(b) A hatred of whites.
(c) A hard work ethic.
(d) A desire to find a good husband.
2. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
(b) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
(c) Her brother went into the hospital.
(d) Her mother has been ill.
3. How did Sue feel about people who tried to destroy the Party?
4. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
(a) White people's laws.
(b) Staying alive.
(c) Winnning the lottery.
(d) Taking care of her sons.
5. How does Johnny-Boy feel when his mother keeps talking at him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
2. How does Johnny-Boy see the people he encounters?
3. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
4. How does Sue feel about Reva?
5. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)