|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(a) Her dead husband.
(b) Her grandmother.
(d) Her sister, Ethel.
2. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
(a) He is irritated by her.
(b) He thinks she is wrong about the party.
(c) He thinks she is too religious.
(d) He loves her deeply.
3. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
(a) A desire to find a good husband.
(b) A hard work ethic.
(c) A strong faith in Jesus.
(d) A hatred of whites.
4. How did life seem to Sue after one of her sons went to jail?
(c) More difficult.
(d) No different than before.
5. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about the meeting?
(a) That she will attend.
(b) That the sheriff knows about it.
(c) She doesn't mention the meeting.
(d) That the place will have to be moved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seemed to continually test Sue's faith?
2. What does Sue do when she quits ironing?
3. What does Johnny-Boy do when his mother talks to him about the party?
4. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
5. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)