|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
(a) Working at the gas station.
(b) Notifying others of a meeting.
(c) Tending to a foaling mare.
2. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her dead husband.
3. What has the sheriff discovered that has him upset?
(a) Sue hasn't finished his laundry yet.
(b) There's to be a party meeting.
(c) Johnny-Boy hit a car and left the scene.
(d) Reva stole some drugs.
4. Who does Sue think is responsible for telling the sheriff about the meeting?
(a) She doesn't have an opinion.
(c) One of the new white people.
(d) Reva's father.
5. What does Johnny-Boy do when he comes home?
(a) Eats dinner.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Takes off his shoes and lights his pipe.
(d) Takes a shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
2. What happens when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
3. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
4. Why does Sue want Johnny-Boy to have some money?
5. What does Johnny-Boy try to give his mother after dinner?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)