|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
(a) To borrow some sugar.
(b) To see if Johnny-Boy was home.
(c) To help wash clothes.
(d) To get away from her father.
2. What is one of the most consistent situations we read about in Sue's life?
(a) Not taking care of her family.
(b) Losing people she loves.
(c) Having a string of lovers.
(d) Working too hard, but making good money.
3. What does Johnny-Boy do after eating?
(a) Watches television.
(b) Reads the paper.
(c) Goes to bed.
(d) Puts his shoes back on.
4. What does Sue do after she shuts the door?
(a) Goes to her bedroom.
(b) Irons Johnny-Boy's shirts.
(c) Drinks a cup of coffee.
(d) Starts more laundry.
5. How does Sue feel about Reva?
(a) Is wary of her.
(b) Likes and trusts her.
(c) Is afraid of her.
(d) Is suspicious of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
2. What does Sue do when Reva leaves?
3. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
4. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
5. What does Johnny-Boy do when his mother talks to him about the party?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)