|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
(a) Goes into town.
(b) Watches television.
(c) Reads the Bible.
(d) Sings a song she learned from her mother.
2. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Old spiritual songs.
(c) Being in a pray group.
(d) Talking to her minister.
3. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
(a) For not divulging names of others in the party.
(b) For breaking the drug store's window.
(c) For talking back to the sheriff.
(d) For raping a college student.
4. How does Sue feel about Reva?
(a) Is afraid of her.
(b) Is suspicious of her.
(c) Likes and trusts her.
(d) Is wary of her.
5. What does Sue think Johnny-Boy has done wrong regarding the party?
(a) He didn't bring in enough older people.
(b) He didn't get outside help.
(c) He shouldn't have joined.
(d) He let too many whites in too fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny-Boy try to give his mother after dinner?
2. How does Sue earn her living?
3. What is Sue primarily afraid of that night?
4. What happens when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
5. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)