|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny-Boy do when his mother talks to him about the party?
(a) He asks her what he should do.
(b) He agrees with her.
(c) He calls her a liar.
(d) He defends his actions.
2. What does Sue think Johnny-Boy has done wrong regarding the party?
(a) He didn't get outside help.
(b) He didn't bring in enough older people.
(c) He let too many whites in too fast.
(d) He shouldn't have joined.
3. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
(a) Take off her wet shoes.
(b) Take a warm shower.
(c) Make a cup of tea.
(d) Dry her hair.
4. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Iron them.
(b) Mend them.
(c) Wash them.
(d) Fold them.
5. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
(a) A strong faith in Jesus.
(b) A hatred of whites.
(c) A desire to find a good husband.
(d) A hard work ethic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
2. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy gets ready to leave the house?
3. What does Sue sense that night about her son, Johnny-Boy?
4. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
5. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)