|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sue earn her living?
(a) By washing and ironing other people's laundry.
(b) Sewing clothes.
(c) Serving in the school's cafeteria.
(d) Cleaning houses.
2. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
(a) Reads the Bible.
(b) Sings a song she learned from her mother.
(c) Watches television.
(d) Goes into town.
3. What is one of the most consistent situations we read about in Sue's life?
(a) Losing people she loves.
(b) Having a string of lovers.
(c) Not taking care of her family.
(d) Working too hard, but making good money.
4. What does Sue do when she quits ironing?
(a) Fixes Johnny-Boy's dinner.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Sews Johnny-Boy's jacket.
(d) Has a bottle of beer.
5. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
(a) The sun shining after a week of rain.
(b) The American Civil War.
(c) Jesus' Resurrection.
(d) The Medieval Crusades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
2. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
3. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
4. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about the meeting?
5. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)