|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue do while Johnny-Boy is eating?
(a) Feeds the dog.
(b) Has a cup of coffee at the table.
(c) Takes a walk.
(d) Keeps ironing.
2. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
(c) Vocational school.
3. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy?
(a) He will probably move away soon.
(b) He has to continue his work for the party.
(c) He and his father are very much alike.
(d) He is irresponsible.
4. What does Sue sense that night about her son, Johnny-Boy?
(a) He will soon be married.
(b) She will soon be saying good-bye to him.
(c) He will be shot and killed.
(d) He is going to bust his brother out of jail.
5. Why did Johnny-Boy think it was necessary to take in so many members so quickly?
(a) So he could get outside help.
(b) To make the party grow and become strong.
(c) To collect more dues.
(d) To spread out the meeting places.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
2. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
3. When does Sue shut the door after Johnny-Boy leaves?
4. How does Johnny-Boy feel when his mother keeps talking at him?
5. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)