|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
(a) Have a glass of whiskey.
(b) Read the Bible.
(c) Concentrate on work.
(d) Call her sister in Ohio.
2. How does Sue earn her living?
(a) Sewing clothes.
(b) Serving in the school's cafeteria.
(c) By washing and ironing other people's laundry.
(d) Cleaning houses.
3. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
(a) To get away from her father.
(b) To borrow some sugar.
(c) To help wash clothes.
(d) To see if Johnny-Boy was home.
4. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
(a) Reva's father hates him.
(b) He is at Reva's house.
(c) He's in love with Reva.
(d) Something terrible has happened to him.
5. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
(a) Tending to a foaling mare.
(c) Notifying others of a meeting.
(d) Working at the gas station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
2. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
3. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
4. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
5. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)