|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
(a) Notifying others of a meeting.
(b) Tending to a foaling mare.
(c) Working at the gas station.
2. What has the sheriff discovered that has him upset?
(a) Sue hasn't finished his laundry yet.
(b) Johnny-Boy hit a car and left the scene.
(c) Reva stole some drugs.
(d) There's to be a party meeting.
3. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
(a) Her dead husband.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
4. How does Sue feel about Reva?
(a) Likes and trusts her.
(b) Is wary of her.
(c) Is afraid of her.
(d) Is suspicious of her.
5. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
(a) That they have a date Saturday.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) To keep his comrades away from her house.
(d) That her father is looking for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
2. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
3. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
4. How did life seem to Sue after one of her sons went to jail?
5. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)