|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
(a) The American Civil War.
(b) The Medieval Crusades.
(c) Jesus' Resurrection.
(d) The sun shining after a week of rain.
2. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) Her brother went into the hospital.
(b) Her mother has been ill.
(c) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
(d) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
3. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
(d) Her mother.
4. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
(b) Tending to a foaling mare.
(c) Notifying others of a meeting.
(d) Working at the gas station.
5. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Iron them.
(b) Fold them.
(c) Mend them.
(d) Wash them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
2. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
3. How did Sue feel about people who tried to destroy the Party?
4. What does Reva tell Sue about the sheriff?
5. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)