|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
(a) Taking care of her sons.
(b) Winnning the lottery.
(c) Staying alive.
(d) White people's laws.
2. How does Sue feel about Reva?
(a) Likes and trusts her.
(b) Is suspicious of her.
(c) Is wary of her.
(d) Is afraid of her.
3. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her sister, Ethel.
(d) Her dead husband.
4. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is snowing.
(c) It is warm, but cloudy.
(d) It is sunny.
5. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
(a) That her father is looking for him.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That they have a date Saturday.
(d) To keep his comrades away from her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
2. When is Johnny-Boy happiest?
3. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
4. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
5. How does Sue earn her living?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)