|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
(a) That they have a date Saturday.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) To keep his comrades away from her house.
(d) That her father is looking for him.
2. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
(a) He's in love with Reva.
(b) Something terrible has happened to him.
(c) Reva's father hates him.
(d) He is at Reva's house.
3. When is Johnny-Boy happiest?
(a) When he's fishing.
(b) When he's working for the party.
(c) When he's in school.
(d) When he's with Reva.
4. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
(a) It is sunny.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is warm, but cloudy.
(d) It is snowing.
5. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
(a) Jesus' Resurrection.
(b) The sun shining after a week of rain.
(c) The Medieval Crusades.
(d) The American Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
2. How does Sue earn her living?
3. What seemed to continually test Sue's faith?
4. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
5. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)