|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
(a) The sun shining after a week of rain.
(b) The American Civil War.
(c) Jesus' Resurrection.
(d) The Medieval Crusades.
2. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
(a) For not divulging names of others in the party.
(b) For raping a college student.
(c) For breaking the drug store's window.
(d) For talking back to the sheriff.
3. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
(a) Working at the gas station.
(c) Notifying others of a meeting.
(d) Tending to a foaling mare.
4. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
(a) To keep his comrades away from her house.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That they have a date Saturday.
(d) That her father is looking for him.
5. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy?
(a) He is irresponsible.
(b) He and his father are very much alike.
(c) He will probably move away soon.
(d) He has to continue his work for the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
2. How does Sue feel about Reva?
3. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
4. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
5. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)