|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
(b) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
(c) Her mother has been ill.
(d) Her brother went into the hospital.
2. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
(a) Being in a pray group.
(b) Old spiritual songs.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Talking to her minister.
3. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Fold them.
(b) Wash them.
(c) Iron them.
(d) Mend them.
4. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
(a) That her father is looking for him.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That they have a date Saturday.
(d) To keep his comrades away from her house.
5. How does Sue feel about Reva?
(a) Is suspicious of her.
(b) Is afraid of her.
(c) Likes and trusts her.
(d) Is wary of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
2. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
3. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
4. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
5. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)