|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sue earn her living?
(a) Sewing clothes.
(b) Serving in the school's cafeteria.
(c) Cleaning houses.
(d) By washing and ironing other people's laundry.
2. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy?
(a) He will probably move away soon.
(b) He and his father are very much alike.
(c) He has to continue his work for the party.
(d) He is irresponsible.
3. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(a) Her sister, Ethel.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her dead husband.
4. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
(a) Winnning the lottery.
(b) White people's laws.
(c) Staying alive.
(d) Taking care of her sons.
5. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Iron them.
(b) Mend them.
(c) Fold them.
(d) Wash them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
2. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
3. How does Sue feel about Reva?
4. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
5. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)