|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
(a) Winnning the lottery.
(b) Taking care of her sons.
(c) White people's laws.
(d) Staying alive.
2. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
(a) Concentrate on work.
(b) Call her sister in Ohio.
(c) Read the Bible.
(d) Have a glass of whiskey.
3. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
(a) To keep his comrades away from her house.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That they have a date Saturday.
(d) That her father is looking for him.
4. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Fold them.
(b) Mend them.
(c) Iron them.
(d) Wash them.
5. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
(a) He is at Reva's house.
(b) Something terrible has happened to him.
(c) Reva's father hates him.
(d) He's in love with Reva.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
2. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
3. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
4. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
5. How did life seem to Sue after one of her sons went to jail?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)