|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
(a) Goes into town.
(b) Watches television.
(c) Sings a song she learned from her mother.
(d) Reads the Bible.
2. How does Sue feel about Reva?
(a) Is wary of her.
(b) Is afraid of her.
(c) Is suspicious of her.
(d) Likes and trusts her.
3. What seemed to continually test Sue's faith?
(a) Her sons' behavior.
(b) The discrimination towards black people.
(c) The pain in her body.
(d) Her husband's illness.
4. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
(a) The American Civil War.
(b) Jesus' Resurrection.
(c) The Medieval Crusades.
(d) The sun shining after a week of rain.
5. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Wash them.
(b) Mend them.
(c) Fold them.
(d) Iron them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
2. How does Sue earn her living?
3. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
4. What has the sheriff discovered that has him upset?
5. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)