|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
(b) Working at the gas station.
(c) Notifying others of a meeting.
(d) Tending to a foaling mare.
2. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
(a) A hatred of whites.
(b) A strong faith in Jesus.
(c) A desire to find a good husband.
(d) A hard work ethic.
3. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
(a) He is at Reva's house.
(b) Something terrible has happened to him.
(c) He's in love with Reva.
(d) Reva's father hates him.
4. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is warm, but cloudy.
5. When is Johnny-Boy happiest?
(a) When he's in school.
(b) When he's working for the party.
(c) When he's with Reva.
(d) When he's fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
2. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
3. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
4. How does Sue feel about Reva?
5. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)