|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the sheriff discovered that has him upset?
(a) Reva stole some drugs.
(b) Johnny-Boy hit a car and left the scene.
(c) Sue hasn't finished his laundry yet.
(d) There's to be a party meeting.
2. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Fold them.
(b) Mend them.
(c) Wash them.
(d) Iron them.
3. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
(a) Old spiritual songs.
(b) Going to church.
(c) Being in a pray group.
(d) Talking to her minister.
4. What does Reva tell Sue about the sheriff?
(a) He raped her.
(b) He was looking for her.
(c) He killed Reva's father.
(d) He was at her home that night.
5. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
(a) Reads the Bible.
(b) Goes into town.
(c) Sings a song she learned from her mother.
(d) Watches television.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sue earn her living?
2. How did Sue feel about people who tried to destroy the Party?
3. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy?
4. When is Johnny-Boy happiest?
5. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)