|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy?
(a) He will probably move away soon.
(b) He and his father are very much alike.
(c) He is irresponsible.
(d) He has to continue his work for the party.
2. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
(b) Working at the gas station.
(c) Tending to a foaling mare.
(d) Notifying others of a meeting.
3. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
(b) Vocational school.
4. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
(a) To help wash clothes.
(b) To see if Johnny-Boy was home.
(c) To borrow some sugar.
(d) To get away from her father.
5. When is Johnny-Boy happiest?
(a) When he's fishing.
(b) When he's in school.
(c) When he's with Reva.
(d) When he's working for the party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
2. How does Sue feel about Reva?
3. How did life seem to Sue after one of her sons went to jail?
4. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
5. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)