|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sue earn her living?
(a) Serving in the school's cafeteria.
(b) By washing and ironing other people's laundry.
(c) Cleaning houses.
(d) Sewing clothes.
2. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
(a) Read the Bible.
(b) Call her sister in Ohio.
(c) Have a glass of whiskey.
(d) Concentrate on work.
3. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
(a) It will be full.
(b) It will last all night.
(c) It should be canceled.
(d) It should be interesting.
4. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Iron them.
(b) Mend them.
(c) Fold them.
(d) Wash them.
5. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
(a) Reva's father hates him.
(b) He's in love with Reva.
(c) Something terrible has happened to him.
(d) He is at Reva's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
2. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
3. How did Sue feel about people who tried to destroy the Party?
4. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
5. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)