|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(b) Her dead husband.
(c) Her sister, Ethel.
(d) Her grandmother.
2. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
(a) White people's laws.
(b) Staying alive.
(c) Winnning the lottery.
(d) Taking care of her sons.
3. How does Sue earn her living?
(a) Sewing clothes.
(b) Serving in the school's cafeteria.
(c) Cleaning houses.
(d) By washing and ironing other people's laundry.
4. What seemed to continually test Sue's faith?
(a) Her sons' behavior.
(b) The pain in her body.
(c) Her husband's illness.
(d) The discrimination towards black people.
5. What does Sue do when Reva leaves?
(a) Has a drink.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Stands in the doorway and watches her.
(d) Makes some tear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
2. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
3. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
4. What does Reva tell Sue about the sheriff?
5. What does Sue realize about Johnny-Boy?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)