|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her dead husband.
2. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Wash them.
(b) Mend them.
(c) Fold them.
(d) Iron them.
3. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
(a) It should be canceled.
(b) It should be interesting.
(c) It will be full.
(d) It will last all night.
4. When is Johnny-Boy happiest?
(a) When he's fishing.
(b) When he's with Reva.
(c) When he's working for the party.
(d) When he's in school.
5. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
(a) Jesus' Resurrection.
(b) The Medieval Crusades.
(c) The sun shining after a week of rain.
(d) The American Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
2. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
3. What does Sue do to ease her fear?
4. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
5. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)