|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her dead husband.
2. What seemed to continually test Sue's faith?
(a) Her sons' behavior.
(b) Her husband's illness.
(c) The discrimination towards black people.
(d) The pain in her body.
3. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her dead husband.
(d) Her sister, Ethel.
4. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
(a) The Medieval Crusades.
(b) The American Civil War.
(c) Jesus' Resurrection.
(d) The sun shining after a week of rain.
5. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) Her brother went into the hospital.
(b) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
(c) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
(d) Her mother has been ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did life seem to Sue after one of her sons went to jail?
2. When is Johnny-Boy happiest?
3. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
4. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
5. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)