|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) Her brother went into the hospital.
(b) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
(c) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
(d) Her mother has been ill.
2. How did Sue feel about people who tried to destroy the Party?
3. What does Sue do when she quits ironing?
(a) Has a bottle of beer.
(b) Fixes Johnny-Boy's dinner.
(c) Sews Johnny-Boy's jacket.
(d) Goes to bed.
4. What does Booker offer to do?
(a) Save Sue's sons.
(b) Kill the Sheriff.
(c) Get a doctor.
(d) Contact the other members.
5. What is Sue thinking about when she is alone in the kitchen?
(a) How she hopes Reva and Johnny-Boy can someday be happy.
(b) Revenge on the Sheriff.
(c) What she should do.
(d) Not much of anything because she's in a lot of pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sue earn her living?
2. Where is Johnny-Boy at the beginning of the story?
3. What does Sue think the person in her house wants?
4. What does Sue tell the Sheriff about the meeting?
5. What do the people do when Sue speaks to them?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)