Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(a) Her dead husband.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her sister, Ethel.
2. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) Her mother has been ill.
(b) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
(c) Her brother went into the hospital.
(d) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
3. How did life seem to Sue after one of her sons went to jail?
(b) No different than before.
(d) More difficult.
4. What does Sue sense that night about her son, Johnny-Boy?
(a) He will be shot and killed.
(b) She will soon be saying good-bye to him.
(c) He will soon be married.
(d) He is going to bust his brother out of jail.
5. What does Johnny-Boy do when his mother talks to him about the party?
(a) He defends his actions.
(b) He asks her what he should do.
(c) He calls her a liar.
(d) He agrees with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
2. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
3. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
4. When is Johnny-Boy happiest?
5. What does Sue do after she shuts the door?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)