Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
(a) It is warm, but cloudy.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is sunny.
2. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Iron them.
(b) Fold them.
(c) Mend them.
(d) Wash them.
3. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
(b) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
(c) Her mother has been ill.
(d) Her brother went into the hospital.
4. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
(a) A strong faith in Jesus.
(b) A desire to find a good husband.
(c) A hatred of whites.
(d) A hard work ethic.
5. How did Sue feel about people who tried to destroy the Party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
2. How does Sue feel about Reva?
3. How does Sue earn her living?
4. How did life seem to Sue after one of her sons went to jail?
5. Why was one of Sue's sons arrested a year ago?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)