|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her dead husband.
(d) Her mother.
2. When does Sue shut the door after Johnny-Boy leaves?
(a) When Johnny-Boy gets in his car.
(b) When she can't hear his foot steps.
(c) After sweeping the dust out the door.
(d) When she sees the sheriff coming.
3. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
(a) A strong faith in Jesus.
(b) A hard work ethic.
(c) A hatred of whites.
(d) A desire to find a good husband.
4. What does Sue feel strongly about Johnny-Boy while Reva is there?
(a) Something terrible has happened to him.
(b) He is at Reva's house.
(c) He's in love with Reva.
(d) Reva's father hates him.
5. What happens when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
(a) Lightning hits the house.
(b) Reva comes back.
(c) He starts to snore.
(d) His pipe drops to the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word 'reiterate' mean?
2. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
3. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
4. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
5. What does Reva tell Sue about the sheriff?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)