|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What seemed to continually test Sue's faith?
(a) Her husband's illness.
(b) The pain in her body.
(c) The discrimination towards black people.
(d) Her sons' behavior.
2. What does Johnny-Boy do when his mother talks to him about the party?
(a) He agrees with her.
(b) He defends his actions.
(c) He calls her a liar.
(d) He asks her what he should do.
3. How does Sue earn her living?
(a) Cleaning houses.
(b) By washing and ironing other people's laundry.
(c) Sewing clothes.
(d) Serving in the school's cafeteria.
4. What does Sue do while Johnny-Boy is eating?
(a) Takes a walk.
(b) Has a cup of coffee at the table.
(c) Feeds the dog.
(d) Keeps ironing.
5. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
(a) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny-Boy try to give his mother after dinner?
2. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy finishes eating?
3. What did Sue begin to think the Communist Party's beginnings were like?
4. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
5. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)