|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sue think is responsible for telling the sheriff about the meeting?
(a) One of the new white people.
(c) Reva's father.
(d) She doesn't have an opinion.
2. What does Johnny-Boy try to give his mother after dinner?
(a) Money for the canceled meeting.
(c) Some flowers he picked.
(d) His laundry from last week.
3. What happens when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
(a) He starts to snore.
(b) His pipe drops to the floor.
(c) Lightning hits the house.
(d) Reva comes back.
4. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
(d) Vocational school.
5. What seemed to continually test Sue's faith?
(a) Her husband's illness.
(b) The pain in her body.
(c) The discrimination towards black people.
(d) Her sons' behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy dozes off?
2. What does Sue do to ignore her fears?
3. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
4. Why did Reva come to see Sue?
5. How does Sue earn her living?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)