|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny-Boy try to give his mother after dinner?
(b) Money for the canceled meeting.
(c) Some flowers he picked.
(d) His laundry from last week.
2. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
(b) Her mother has been ill.
(c) Her brother went into the hospital.
(d) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
3. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
(a) A lynch mob.
(b) Johnny-Boy's footsteps.
(c) Reva screaming.
(d) The sheriff banging on the door.
4. What does Sue do when she quits ironing?
(a) Fixes Johnny-Boy's dinner.
(b) Has a bottle of beer.
(c) Goes to bed.
(d) Sews Johnny-Boy's jacket.
5. What does Sue do after she shuts the door?
(a) Drinks a cup of coffee.
(b) Goes to her bedroom.
(c) Irons Johnny-Boy's shirts.
(d) Starts more laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
2. What's the first thing Sue tells Reva to do when she comes inside?
3. Who told Sue about what happened to her son who went to jail?
4. Why does Sue want Johnny-Boy to have some money?
5. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)