|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue hear after she returns to her ironing after Reva left?
(a) A lynch mob.
(b) Johnny-Boy's footsteps.
(c) The sheriff banging on the door.
(d) Reva screaming.
2. What seemed to continually test Sue's faith?
(a) Her husband's illness.
(b) The pain in her body.
(c) The discrimination towards black people.
(d) Her sons' behavior.
3. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Wash them.
(b) Fold them.
(c) Iron them.
(d) Mend them.
4. Why did Johnny-Boy think it was necessary to take in so many members so quickly?
(a) To make the party grow and become strong.
(b) To spread out the meeting places.
(c) To collect more dues.
(d) So he could get outside help.
5. How does Sue feel about Reva?
(a) Is afraid of her.
(b) Is wary of her.
(c) Is suspicious of her.
(d) Likes and trusts her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
2. What has the sheriff discovered that has him upset?
3. What does Sue do when she quits ironing?
4. What does the word 'reiterate' mean?
5. What does Sue do when Johnny-Boy gets ready to leave the house?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)