|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue do when Reva leaves?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Makes some tear.
(c) Has a drink.
(d) Stands in the doorway and watches her.
2. How does Johnny-Boy feel when his mother keeps talking at him?
3. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
(a) He is irritated by her.
(b) He thinks she is wrong about the party.
(c) He thinks she is too religious.
(d) He loves her deeply.
4. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) Her mother has been ill.
(b) Her brother went into the hospital.
(c) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
(d) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
5. Even after joining the Communists, in what did Sue find comfort?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Being in a pray group.
(c) Talking to her minister.
(d) Old spiritual songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the most consistent situations we read about in Sue's life?
2. What does Sue tell Johnny-Boy about the meeting?
3. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy finishes eating?
4. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
5. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)