|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sue see as taking precedence over her life?
(a) Winnning the lottery.
(b) Taking care of her sons.
(c) Staying alive.
(d) White people's laws.
2. What does Sue do after Johnny-Boy leaves?
(a) Throws his clothes into the yard.
(b) Goes to bed.
(d) Watch him disappear into the night.
3. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) Her mother has been ill.
(b) Her brother went into the hospital.
(c) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
(d) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
4. How do you think Johnny-Boy feels about his mother?
(a) He is irritated by her.
(b) He thinks she is too religious.
(c) He loves her deeply.
(d) He thinks she is wrong about the party.
5. What does Reva think about the meeting that's been called?
(a) It will last all night.
(b) It will be full.
(c) It should be canceled.
(d) It should be interesting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reva tell Sue about the sheriff?
2. Who does Sue think is responsible for telling the sheriff about the meeting?
3. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
4. When does Sue shut the door after Johnny-Boy leaves?
5. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)