|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her dead husband.
(c) Her sister, Ethel.
2. What does Reva tell Sue to tell Johnny-Boy?
(a) To keep his comrades away from her house.
(b) That she loves him.
(c) That her father is looking for him.
(d) That they have a date Saturday.
3. What does Johnny-Boy do when he comes home?
(a) Takes off his shoes and lights his pipe.
(b) Takes a shower.
(c) Eats dinner.
(d) Goes to bed.
4. When Sue continues to refuse to answer the Sheriff's questions, what does he do?
(a) He offers her money for the answers.
(b) He shoots Sue.
(c) He ties Sue up and begins systematic torture.
(d) He and his men leave the house.
5. What does Booker ask?
(a) Why she is like this.
(b) Where her son is.
(c) Who hit her.
(d) Where she is hit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Booker need in order to do what he offers to do?
2. How does Johnny-Boy see the people he encounters?
3. What does Sue say when the Sheriff ask where Johnny-Boy is?
4. What does Sue feel about Johnny-Boy after dinner?
5. What did Sue's mother instill in her?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)