1. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
(a) It is snowing.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is sunny.
(d) It is warm, but cloudy.
2. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(a) Her dead husband.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her sister, Ethel.
3. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Fold them.
(b) Mend them.
(c) Wash them.
(d) Iron them.
4. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her dead husband.
5. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
(b) Vocational school.
6. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) Her mother has been ill.
(b) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
(c) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
(d) Her brother went into the hospital.
This section contains 4,857 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)