1. What is the weather like at the opening of Bright and Morning Star?
(a) It is sunny.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is warm, but cloudy.
2. Who is Sue thinking about in the opening paragraphs of the story?
(b) Her dead husband.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her sister, Ethel.
3. What does Sue need to do with the clothes in the zinc wash tub?
(a) Iron them.
(b) Fold them.
(c) Wash them.
(d) Mend them.
4. For whom does the cold and rain make Sue long?
(a) Her dead husband.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
5. Where is Sug at the beginning of the story?
(b) Vocational school.
6. What made Sue feel anxious and worried at the beginning of the story?
(a) Her mother has been ill.
(b) She learned a Communist meeting had been called.
(c) Her brother went into the hospital.
(d) Sug was supposed to be home yesterday.
This section contains 4,857 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)