|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lady Bast once lie to Dream?
2. How does Destruction describe Barnabas?
3. Why does Dream say he came to find Destruction?
4. What is Dream's son's occupation?
5. How did Ishtar know Destruction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does Destruction give to Delirium?
2. What does Lucien tell Dream after his consult with Lady Bast?
3. What happens as Ishtar begins to really dance for the first time?
4. How does Lady Bast tell Dream to find Destruction and how does he respond to this?
5. What are Temple Prostitutes?
6. How does Destruction leave when he is done talking to Dream and Delirium?
7. What does Desire say to Tiffany after Ishtar's dance?
8. How does Destruction describe Endless?
9. What happens to Delirium when she gets mad at Destiny for his pride?
10. What gift does Destruction give to Dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Delirium was once called Delight. How did this transformation take place, and how are these two identities connected?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Desire and Despair were twins and shared a realm of experience. Why would these two characters be so tightly connected, and how is this symbolized in the text of this book?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)