|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the oldest brother say everything is written?
2. What does Ishtar do when she sees Dream?
3. How does Destruction describe Barnabas?
4. What does Delirium tell her oldest brother there are always two sides to?
5. What kind of creature is the person who critiques Destruction's writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Destruction say to Barnabas before he leaves?
2. How does Lady Bast tell Dream to find Destruction and how does he respond to this?
3. What does Dream say to Delirium when he goes to her realm?
4. What gift does Destruction give to Dream?
5. What does Lucien tell Dream after his consult with Lady Bast?
6. What does Destiny read to Delirium as she is leaving his realm?
7. What does Desire say to Tiffany after Ishtar's dance?
8. What is Destruction writing in his house, and what does he say she senses happening at that time?
9. What happens to Delirium when she gets mad at Destiny for his pride?
10. What happens to Destiny after Dream and Delirium leave his garden?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
How did Ishtar die, and how did this death change the tone of the book and progression of the plot?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)