|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Destruction say he knows about while he is writing?
2. Why does Delirium get pulled over while driving?
3. Who critiques Destruction's writing?
4. What happens to make Dream want to end his quest?
5. Why does Destruction say humans hide something important from themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Destiny read to Delirium as she is leaving his realm?
2. What happens to Delirium when she gets mad at Destiny for his pride?
3. What did Dream say after talking with his son about Destruction?
4. What is Destruction writing in his house, and what does he say she senses happening at that time?
5. What does Ishtar say happens at the end of a god's life?
6. What gift does Destruction give to Dream?
7. What does Dream say to Delirium when he goes to her realm?
8. What does Destruction say to Barnabas before he leaves?
9. What does Desire say to Tiffany after Ishtar's dance?
10. Where does Dream find Destruction, and what is Destruction's response to being found?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Tiffany is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)