|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Destruction describe Barnabas?
2. Where does Lady Bast live?
3. What word does Destruction use to describe Endless?
4. What is Destruction writing in his house?
5. What does Tiffany do when Ishtar begins to really dance for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Temple Prostitutes?
2. What does Delirium ask of Dream after Destruction is gone, and what is his response?
3. What gift does Destruction give to Delirium?
4. Why does Dream choose to contact Lady Bast in the dream realm?
5. What does Delirium do when she is pulled over for her bad driving?
6. Where does Dream find Destruction, and what is Destruction's response to being found?
7. How does Destruction describe Endless?
8. How does one get to Destiny's realm?
9. What did Dream say after talking with his son about Destruction?
10. What does Desire say to Tiffany after Ishtar's dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dream endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Desire and Despair were twins and shared a realm of experience. Why would these two characters be so tightly connected, and how is this symbolized in the text of this book?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)