|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dream apologize to Pharamond for?
2. What does Destruction say he knows about while he is writing?
3. What kind of bird does Dream like to keep?
4. What word does Destruction use to describe Endless?
5. Who does Dream explain his reasons for wanting to quit to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Destiny after Dream and Delirium leave his garden?
2. What happens as Ishtar begins to really dance for the first time?
3. How does Destruction leave when he is done talking to Dream and Delirium?
4. What are Temple Prostitutes?
5. What happens to Delirium when she gets mad at Destiny for his pride?
6. How does Ishtar explain the lives of Gods and Goddesses?
7. What does Delirium do when she is pulled over for her bad driving?
8. What gift does Destruction give to Delirium?
9. What does Ishtar say happens at the end of a god's life?
10. What does Lucien tell Dream after his consult with Lady Bast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Endless are a strange family and each member has their own distinct realm and personality. Choose some of these characters and write about how their unique characteristics influences the family dynamic and the progression of the plot.
Essay Topic 2
How did Ishtar die, and how did this death change the tone of the book and progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Dream endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)