|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tiffany's occupation?
2. Who goes with Delirium to consult with her oldest brother?
3. Where was Destruction in the 1930's?
4. What did Ishtar used to get power from?
5. Why does Delirium get pulled over while driving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dream say to Delirium when he goes to her realm?
2. How does Ishtar explain the lives of Gods and Goddesses?
3. What gift does Destruction give to Dream?
4. How does Lady Bast tell Dream to find Destruction and how does he respond to this?
5. What does Desire say to Tiffany after Ishtar's dance?
6. Where is Lady Bast after Dream contacts her in a dream?
7. How does one get to Destiny's realm?
8. What happens to Destiny after Dream and Delirium leave his garden?
9. Why does Dream choose to contact Lady Bast in the dream realm?
10. What happens to Delirium when she gets mad at Destiny for his pride?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Desire and Despair were twins and shared a realm of experience. Why would these two characters be so tightly connected, and how is this symbolized in the text of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Irony is a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony is present, and how do these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What does Dream have to sacrifice at the end of the book, and how does this action affect all of his siblings?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)