|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dream's son's occupation?
2. Who gave Destruction the item he uses to make a bindle?
3. Who does Dream explain his reasons for wanting to quit to?
4. What happens to Ishtar as she begins to really dance for the first time?
5. How does Delirium punish the police man who pulls her over?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Destruction leave when he is done talking to Dream and Delirium?
2. What does Destruction say to Barnabas before he leaves?
3. How does Ishtar explain the lives of Gods and Goddesses?
4. What does Destiny read to Delirium as she is leaving his realm?
5. What does Dream say to Delirium when he goes to her realm?
6. Why does Dream choose to contact Lady Bast in the dream realm?
7. What happens to Destiny after Dream and Delirium leave his garden?
8. What does Lucien tell Dream after his consult with Lady Bast?
9. What gift does Destruction give to Dream?
10. What does Delirium ask of Dream after Destruction is gone, and what is his response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the skills Destruction tried to obtain during his time in hiding, and what do these show us about his personality?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the greatest images included in this book, and how does this imagery change the feel and tone of the plot?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)