|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the oldest brother do when Delirium is leaving his realm?
2. What was Ishtar the goddess of?
3. Who did Destruction once discuss what humans hide from themselves with?
4. What does Ishtar do when she sees Dream?
5. What does Dream refuse to do while he is with Destruction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Delirium ask of Dream after Destruction is gone, and what is his response?
2. How does Lady Bast tell Dream to find Destruction and how does he respond to this?
3. What does Lucien tell Dream after his consult with Lady Bast?
4. Where does Dream find Destruction, and what is Destruction's response to being found?
5. What does Dream say to Delirium when he goes to her realm?
6. What happens to Delirium when she gets mad at Destiny for his pride?
7. How does Destruction describe Endless?
8. What does Destiny read to Delirium as she is leaving his realm?
9. Where is Lady Bast after Dream contacts her in a dream?
10. How does one get to Destiny's realm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Endless are a strange family and each member has their own distinct realm and personality. Choose some of these characters and write about how their unique characteristics influences the family dynamic and the progression of the plot.
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Dream endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)