|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delirium get mad at her oldest brother for?
2. Who goes with Delirium to consult with her oldest brother?
3. Where does Lady Bast live?
4. How does Delirium punish the police man who pulls her over?
5. What does Destruction say he wants to learn to do when he buys something from the village for his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Destiny after Dream and Delirium leave his garden?
2. What did Dream say after talking with his son about Destruction?
3. How does Lady Bast tell Dream to find Destruction and how does he respond to this?
4. What gift does Destruction give to Delirium?
5. What does Desire say to Tiffany after Ishtar's dance?
6. How does Destruction leave when he is done talking to Dream and Delirium?
7. Where does Dream find Destruction, and what is Destruction's response to being found?
8. Why does Dream choose to contact Lady Bast in the dream realm?
9. What does Destiny read to Delirium as she is leaving his realm?
10. What does Lucien tell Dream after his consult with Lady Bast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Dream have to sacrifice at the end of the book, and how does this action affect all of his siblings?
Essay Topic 2
Irony is a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony is present, and how do these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Desire and Despair were twins and shared a realm of experience. Why would these two characters be so tightly connected, and how is this symbolized in the text of this book?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)