|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ishtar used to get power from?
2. Where does the oldest brother say everything is written?
3. Why did Lady Bast once lie to Dream?
4. What does Destruction say humans hide from themselves?
5. What kind of creature is the person who critiques Destruction's writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Destruction say to Barnabas before he leaves?
2. Where does Dream find Destruction, and what is Destruction's response to being found?
3. What did Dream say after talking with his son about Destruction?
4. How does Ishtar explain the lives of Gods and Goddesses?
5. How does Destruction leave when he is done talking to Dream and Delirium?
6. What happens as Ishtar begins to really dance for the first time?
7. What does Lucien tell Dream after his consult with Lady Bast?
8. How does Destruction describe Endless?
9. What does Ishtar say happens at the end of a god's life?
10. What does Desire say to Tiffany after Ishtar's dance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Desire and Despair were twins and shared a realm of experience. Why would these two characters be so tightly connected, and how is this symbolized in the text of this book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the greatest images included in this book, and how does this imagery change the feel and tone of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Dream endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)