|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ishtar say the Babylonians do to worship the Gods?
2. How does Destruction describe Barnabas?
3. Why does Destruction feel less powerful than he used to?
4. What kind of ghosts does Dream see when he returns to him home and starts building?
5. Why does Delirium get pulled over while driving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Delirium ask of Dream after Destruction is gone, and what is his response?
2. What does Destruction say to Barnabas before he leaves?
3. What does Delirium do when she is pulled over for her bad driving?
4. What does Lucien tell Dream after his consult with Lady Bast?
5. What is Destruction writing in his house, and what does he say she senses happening at that time?
6. What gift does Destruction give to Dream?
7. What happens to Delirium when she gets mad at Destiny for his pride?
8. How does Destruction leave when he is done talking to Dream and Delirium?
9. How does Lady Bast tell Dream to find Destruction and how does he respond to this?
10. Where is Lady Bast after Dream contacts her in a dream?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the skills Destruction tried to obtain during his time in hiding, and what do these show us about his personality?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in this book and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)