|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of place does Tiffany live in?
2. What did Dream do that flattered Destruction?
3. What does Tiffany do when Ishtar begins to really dance for the first time?
4. What does Ishtar bring to Tiffany when we first see them?
5. What does the oldest brother say when Delirium comes to talk to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Destruction say to Barnabas before he leaves?
2. How does Lady Bast tell Dream to find Destruction and how does he respond to this?
3. How does Destruction describe Endless?
4. What happens to Destiny after Dream and Delirium leave his garden?
5. How does Destruction leave when he is done talking to Dream and Delirium?
6. How does one get to Destiny's realm?
7. What does Ishtar say happens at the end of a god's life?
8. Where does Dream find Destruction, and what is Destruction's response to being found?
9. Where is Lady Bast after Dream contacts her in a dream?
10. How does Ishtar explain the lives of Gods and Goddesses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
How did Ishtar die, and how did this death change the tone of the book and progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that was very prevalent in this book, especially in the case of Dream killing his own son. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)