|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to make Dream want to end his quest?
2. What does Destruction buy to bring to his house?
3. What does Destruction say there are two sides to?
4. How did Destruction know someone was looking for him?
5. What is Ishtar's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lady Bast tell Dream to find Destruction and how does he respond to this?
2. What does Destruction say to Barnabas before he leaves?
3. What happens as Ishtar begins to really dance for the first time?
4. Where is Lady Bast after Dream contacts her in a dream?
5. What does Dream say to Delirium when he goes to her realm?
6. How does Ishtar explain the lives of Gods and Goddesses?
7. What does Ishtar say happens at the end of a god's life?
8. What happens to Destiny after Dream and Delirium leave his garden?
9. Why does Dream choose to contact Lady Bast in the dream realm?
10. What gift does Destruction give to Delirium?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What does Dream have to sacrifice at the end of the book, and how does this action affect all of his siblings?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in this book and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)