|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Delirium say she came to find Destruction?
2. What happens to make Dream want to end his quest?
3. What does Destruction say there are two sides to?
4. Why does Delirium get pulled over while driving?
5. How does Destruction describe Barnabas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucien tell Dream after his consult with Lady Bast?
2. What are Temple Prostitutes?
3. What happens as Ishtar begins to really dance for the first time?
4. Where does Dream find Destruction, and what is Destruction's response to being found?
5. What gift does Destruction give to Dream?
6. Why does Dream choose to contact Lady Bast in the dream realm?
7. What happens to Delirium when she gets mad at Destiny for his pride?
8. Where is Lady Bast after Dream contacts her in a dream?
9. What does Desire say to Tiffany after Ishtar's dance?
10. How does Destruction describe Endless?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Desire and Despair were twins and shared a realm of experience. Why would these two characters be so tightly connected, and how is this symbolized in the text of this book?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in this book and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)