|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Delirium meet with Farrell?
2. Where in the waking world does Dream want to travel first?
3. How does Bernie die?
4. How does Bernie remain different from other humans?
5. Where was Farrell in his former life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Etain the first time we see her in this book?
2. How does Bernie die?
3. What does Destruction say will end his age on earth?
4. What are Destruction and Barnabas doing when we first see them?
5. What has Nada chosen to do at the beginning of the book, and why?
6. How does Ruby die?
7. Who is Ruby?
8. How was Delirium comforted during her transition?
9. What do Dream and Delirium do after Ruby dies?
10. Why did Delirium come to talk to Dream after being denied by the twin sisters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that was very prevalent in this book, especially in the case of Dream killing his own son. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Irony is a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony is present, and how do these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in this book and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)