|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in Bernie's black box?
2. Who is Desire's twin sister?
3. Why does Nada choose to be re-born at the beginning of this book?
4. What caused Farrell to change his identity?
5. How does Delirium find the people on her list?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Etain the first time we see her in this book?
2. How does Bernie die?
3. Why does Dream tell Delirium he is willing to help her?
4. What are the Endless?
5. How was Delirium comforted during her transition?
6. How does Ruby die?
7. How has the Alderman been cheating Death?
8. What caused Delirium's transformation?
9. What does the Alderman do when he realizes that danger is coming?
10. What do Dream and Delirium do after Ruby dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dream endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)