|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Farrell in his former life?
2. What does the first woman Dream talks to do for him and Delirium?
3. How does Delirium feel when she hears Dream will help her?
4. What is Bernie's occupation?
5. What is the name of the talking dog with Destruction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was unique about Delirium's transformation?
2. Why does Delirium tell her sister she is having such a hard time holding herself together at the beginning of the book?
3. Why did Delirium come to talk to Dream after being denied by the twin sisters?
4. What do Dream and Delirium do after Ruby dies?
5. Why has Bernie decided to be a lawyer?
6. Why does Dream tell Delirium he is willing to help her?
7. Describe the last interchange between Despair and Destruction before he disappeared.
8. What does Destruction say will end his age on earth?
9. What does Matthew talk to Lucien about when he first meet him?
10. How was Delirium comforted during her transition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Endless are a strange family and each member has their own distinct realm and personality. Choose some of these characters and write about how their unique characteristics influences the family dynamic and the progression of the plot.
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in this book and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the greatest images included in this book, and how does this imagery change the feel and tone of the plot?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)