|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of creature is Dream?
2. What caused Farrell to change his identity?
3. Who warns Dream about trying to find Destruction?
4. Where is Destruction when we first see him in this book?
5. What is the name of Andros's grandson?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Delirium comforted during her transition?
2. What does Destruction say will end his age on earth?
3. What does Dream do at the beginning of the book, and why?
4. What does the Alderman do when he realizes that danger is coming?
5. What happens to Etain the first time we see her in this book?
6. Who took the absence of Destruction the hardest, and why?
7. What are the Endless?
8. Why did Dream's rescue of Nada not make her love him?
9. Where did Dream rescue Nada from?
10. What caused Delirium's transformation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How did Dreams affect the course of this plot, and why were they such a significant aspect of the Endless?
Essay Topic 3
How did Ishtar die, and how did this death change the tone of the book and progression of the plot?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)