|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dream go to look for Etain?
2. At the beginning of this book, what does Nada choose to be re-born as?
3. What does Delirium say she often gets lost in now that she is Delirium?
4. What does Dream say Delirium is not allowed to do while they look for Destruction?
5. What snaps Dream out of his memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Delirium comforted during her transition?
2. Who is Ruby?
3. What are Destruction and Barnabas doing when we first see them?
4. What is in Bernie's secret black box?
5. What are hung on the walls of Destruction's house?
6. Why does Delirium tell her sister she is having such a hard time holding herself together at the beginning of the book?
7. What are the Endless?
8. What caused Delirium's transformation?
9. Why does Dream tell Delirium he is willing to help her?
10. Describe the last interchange between Despair and Destruction before he disappeared.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that was very prevalent in this book, especially in the case of Dream killing his own son. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Tiffany is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Irony is a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony is present, and how do these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)