|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dream say Delirium is not allowed to do while they look for Destruction?
2. What does Delirium say she often gets lost in now that she is Delirium?
3. Who warns Dream about trying to find Destruction?
4. Where was Farrell in his former life?
5. What caused the big storm in the Dreaming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Delirium's transformation?
2. What are Destruction and Barnabas doing when we first see them?
3. What does Destruction say will end his age on earth?
4. How was Delirium comforted during her transition?
5. What are the Endless?
6. How does Ruby die?
7. Why did Dream's rescue of Nada not make her love him?
8. What happens to Etain the first time we see her in this book?
9. What does the Alderman do when he realizes that danger is coming?
10. What do Dream and Delirium do after Ruby dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Dream endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Desire and Despair were twins and shared a realm of experience. Why would these two characters be so tightly connected, and how is this symbolized in the text of this book?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)