|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Farrell's other name?
2. Who is the first woman Dream talks to?
3. What does Ruby do while watching TV in her first motel room?
4. Where was Dream the last time he saw Destruction?
5. What kind of abode does Dream live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Matthew talk to Lucien about when he first meet him?
2. What has Nada chosen to do at the beginning of the book, and why?
3. What are the Endless?
4. How was Delirium comforted during her transition?
5. What was unique about Delirium's transformation?
6. How does Bernie die?
7. Why does Delirium tell her sister she is having such a hard time holding herself together at the beginning of the book?
8. Where did Dream rescue Nada from?
9. How does Ruby die?
10. Why did Dream's rescue of Nada not make her love him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony is present, and how do these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How did Dreams affect the course of this plot, and why were they such a significant aspect of the Endless?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)