|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Abel's brother?
2. How does Ruby die?
3. Where does Delirium meet with Farrell?
4. What does Ruby do while watching TV in her first motel room?
5. What is the talking dog doing when we first see him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is in Bernie's secret black box?
2. How was Delirium comforted during her transition?
3. How does Delirium hope to cheer up Dream at the beginning of the book?
4. What happens to Delirium after talking to the vagrant woman in London?
5. Why does Delirium tell her sister she is having such a hard time holding herself together at the beginning of the book?
6. What does the Alderman do when he realizes that danger is coming?
7. Who is Farrell now, and who did he used to be?
8. How does Ruby die?
9. Why does Dream tell Delirium he is willing to help her?
10. What is happening at the back room of Destruction's house, and what is this supposed to mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
The Endless are a strange family and each member has their own distinct realm and personality. Choose some of these characters and write about how their unique characteristics influences the family dynamic and the progression of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in this book and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)