|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Destruction doing when we first see him in this book?
2. What city does Delirium meet with a vagrant woman at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Ruby die?
4. What does Dream say Delirium is not allowed to do while they look for Destruction?
5. What does Ruby do while watching TV in her first motel room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening at the back room of Destruction's house, and what is this supposed to mean?
2. What does Destruction say will end his age on earth?
3. Why has Bernie decided to be a lawyer?
4. Who is Farrell now, and who did he used to be?
5. Why does Delirium tell her sister she is having such a hard time holding herself together at the beginning of the book?
6. How does Bernie die?
7. What do Dream and Delirium do after Ruby dies?
8. What does Dream do at the beginning of the book, and why?
9. Describe the last interchange between Despair and Destruction before he disappeared.
10. Who is Ruby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that was very prevalent in this book, especially in the case of Dream killing his own son. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)