|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Delirium find the people on her list?
2. Where does Delirium meet with Farrell?
3. What snaps Dream out of his memory?
4. What is the talking dog doing when we first see him?
5. What kind of pet does Abel have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Dream rescue Nada from?
2. What are the Endless?
3. What does Dream do at the beginning of the book, and why?
4. Why does Dream tell Delirium he is willing to help her?
5. What happens to Delirium after talking to the vagrant woman in London?
6. Why has Bernie decided to be a lawyer?
7. How has the Alderman been cheating Death?
8. Who is Farrell now, and who did he used to be?
9. What does the Alderman do when he realizes that danger is coming?
10. Who took the absence of Destruction the hardest, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 2
Irony is a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony is present, and how do these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Desire and Despair were twins and shared a realm of experience. Why would these two characters be so tightly connected, and how is this symbolized in the text of this book?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)