|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Alderman watching when he first appears in the book?
2. Where does Delirium meet with a vagrant woman at the beginning of the book?
3. Who does Matthew talk to about Dream's lovers?
4. What does the Alderman do after he changes into an animal?
5. What kind of bird is Matthew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Desire make an oath to do long ago, and how does she feel when it is fulfilled?
2. Who is Farrell now, and who did he used to be?
3. What does Destruction say to Barnabas before he leaves?
4. Where is Lady Bast after Dream contacts her in a dream?
5. How does Lady Bast tell Dream to find Destruction and how does he respond to this?
6. Why does Dream tell Delirium he is willing to help her?
7. What does Desire say to Tiffany after Ishtar's dance?
8. What does Destiny read to Delirium as she is leaving his realm?
9. What are the Endless?
10. What does Ishtar say happens at the end of a god's life?
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Desire and Despair were twins and shared a realm of experience. Why would these two characters be so tightly connected, and how is this symbolized in the text of this book?
Essay Topic 3
What does Dream have to sacrifice at the end of the book, and how does this action affect all of his siblings?
This section contains 1,235 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)