|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Alderman checking when he first appears in the book?
2. What does Etain smell in her living room?
3. What is the name of the mortal that Delirium connects with the Dancing Woman?
4. What kind of weapon does Andros's grandson have at the beginning of the book?
5. What kind of creature is Dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Destruction say will end his age on earth?
2. What is happening at the back room of Destruction's house, and what is this supposed to mean?
3. Why did Dream's rescue of Nada not make her love him?
4. What caused Delirium's transformation?
5. Why has Bernie decided to be a lawyer?
6. What has Nada chosen to do at the beginning of the book, and why?
7. How was Delirium comforted during her transition?
8. What are hung on the walls of Destruction's house?
9. How does Bernie die?
10. Describe the last interchange between Despair and Destruction before he disappeared.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony is present, and how do these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Delirium was once called Delight. How did this transformation take place, and how are these two identities connected?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that was very prevalent in this book, especially in the case of Dream killing his own son. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)