|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of abode does Dream live in?
2. Who does Dream need for the transportation to find Destruction?
3. How does Delirium feel when she hears Dream will help her?
4. Where in the waking world does Dream want to travel first?
5. What does the Alderman do after he changes into an animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Etain the first time we see her in this book?
2. How does Ruby die?
3. Why did Dream's rescue of Nada not make her love him?
4. What is in Bernie's secret black box?
5. Why did Delirium come to talk to Dream after being denied by the twin sisters?
6. Why does Delirium tell her sister she is having such a hard time holding herself together at the beginning of the book?
7. How does Delirium hope to cheer up Dream at the beginning of the book?
8. What are Destruction and Barnabas doing when we first see them?
9. Who is Farrell now, and who did he used to be?
10. What does Dream do at the beginning of the book, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dream endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that was very prevalent in this book, especially in the case of Dream killing his own son. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)