|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of weapon does Andros's grandson have at the beginning of the book?
2. How does Delirium feel when she hears Dream will help her?
3. What did Delirium have trouble doing when her identity changed?
4. What is different from Bernie than other humans?
5. Who warns Dream about trying to find Destruction?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the Alderman been cheating Death?
2. How does Bernie die?
3. How was Delirium comforted during her transition?
4. Why does Dream tell Delirium he is willing to help her?
5. What is in Bernie's secret black box?
6. Why has Bernie decided to be a lawyer?
7. Who took the absence of Destruction the hardest, and why?
8. What caused Delirium's transformation?
9. What was unique about Delirium's transformation?
10. What is happening at the back room of Destruction's house, and what is this supposed to mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice is a theme that was very prevalent in this book, especially in the case of Dream killing his own son. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Irony is a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where Irony is present, and how do these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)