|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dream have to travel to find Destruction?
2. Who does Dream need for the transportation to find Destruction?
3. What is Andros's grandson doing with the weapon at the beginning of the book?
4. What is the name of the mortal that Delirium connects with the Dancing Woman?
5. Who helped Delirium the most during her transformation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Destruction and Barnabas doing when we first see them?
2. How does Delirium hope to cheer up Dream at the beginning of the book?
3. What do Dream and Delirium do after Ruby dies?
4. How was Delirium comforted during her transition?
5. Who took the absence of Destruction the hardest, and why?
6. How has the Alderman been cheating Death?
7. What is happening at the back room of Destruction's house, and what is this supposed to mean?
8. Who is Ruby?
9. What caused Delirium's transformation?
10. Who is Farrell now, and who did he used to be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Delirium was once called Delight. How did this transformation take place, and how are these two identities connected?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)