|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What just ended before this book began?
2. Where in the waking world does Dream want to travel first?
3. Who escorts Delirium home after she talks with the vagrant woman at the beginning of the book?
4. What kind of weapon does Andros's grandson have at the beginning of the book?
5. What did Delirium have trouble doing when her identity changed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Etain the first time we see her in this book?
2. What are Destruction and Barnabas doing when we first see them?
3. What does the Alderman do when he realizes that danger is coming?
4. How does Delirium hope to cheer up Dream at the beginning of the book?
5. Why has Bernie decided to be a lawyer?
6. What has Nada chosen to do at the beginning of the book, and why?
7. Who is Farrell now, and who did he used to be?
8. How was Delirium comforted during her transition?
9. What is in Bernie's secret black box?
10. What are hung on the walls of Destruction's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Tiffany is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Dream endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)