|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the last place Despair saw Destruction?
2. What caused the big storm in the Dreaming?
3. How does Delirium feel when she hears Dream will help her?
4. What happens shortly after Etain smells something strange in her living room?
5. What is in Bernie's black box?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Ishtar begins to really dance for the first time?
2. Who is Farrell now, and who did he used to be?
3. What happens to Destiny after Dream and Delirium leave his garden?
4. How does Ishtar explain the lives of Gods and Goddesses?
5. What is in Bernie's secret black box?
6. How does Destruction leave when he is done talking to Dream and Delirium?
7. What are hung on the walls of Destruction's house?
8. What does the Alderman do when he realizes that danger is coming?
9. What does Destruction say will end his age on earth?
10. What happens to Delirium after talking to the vagrant woman in London?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Desire and Despair were twins and shared a realm of experience. Why would these two characters be so tightly connected, and how is this symbolized in the text of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this play?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that was very prevalent in this book, especially in the case of Dream killing his own son. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 1,241 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)