|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Alderman do to turn his clothes to stone?
2. What did Farrell used to be?
3. What is in Bernie's black box?
4. What is Bernie's last name?
5. Who escorts Delirium home after she talks with the vagrant woman at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Etain the first time we see her in this book?
2. What do Dream and Delirium do after Ruby dies?
3. Where did Dream rescue Nada from?
4. What happens to Delirium after talking to the vagrant woman in London?
5. What is happening at the back room of Destruction's house, and what is this supposed to mean?
6. Why did Dream's rescue of Nada not make her love him?
7. What does Destruction say will end his age on earth?
8. What are Destruction and Barnabas doing when we first see them?
9. How does Bernie die?
10. How does Ruby die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What does Dream have to sacrifice at the end of the book, and how does this action affect all of his siblings?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the skills Destruction tried to obtain during his time in hiding, and what do these show us about his personality?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)