|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Farrell's other name?
2. How are Dream and Orpheus related?
3. This book is which number in a series?
4. What book in the series does this one pick up after?
5. Where in the waking world does Dream want to travel first?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has the Alderman been cheating Death?
2. What does Lucien tell Dream after his consult with Lady Bast?
3. What is happening at the back room of Destruction's house, and what is this supposed to mean?
4. What does Dream tell Andros to do in a dream, and how does he respond?
5. Why does Dream tell Delirium he is willing to help her?
6. What does Dream do at the beginning of the book, and why?
7. What is Tiffany talking about at the end of the book, and where is she saying this?
8. Who is Ruby?
9. What did Desire make an oath to do long ago, and how does she feel when it is fulfilled?
10. How does Ruby die?
Essay Topic 1
How did Dreams affect the course of this plot, and why were they such a significant aspect of the Endless?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in this book and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the greatest images included in this book, and how does this imagery change the feel and tone of the plot?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)