|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Farrell to change his identity?
2. What did Destruction say people are using now to figure out phenomena?
3. What is the talking dog doing when we first see him?
4. What book in the series does this one pick up after?
5. What does Dream say Delirium is not allowed to do while they look for Destruction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Destruction say will end his age on earth?
2. What are the Endless?
3. How does Ruby die?
4. How has the Alderman been cheating Death?
5. Why does Dream tell Delirium he is willing to help her?
6. Who is Farrell now, and who did he used to be?
7. What happens to Delirium after talking to the vagrant woman in London?
8. Why does Delirium tell her sister she is having such a hard time holding herself together at the beginning of the book?
9. How does Bernie die?
10. Why did Dream's rescue of Nada not make her love him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Dream have to sacrifice at the end of the book, and how does this action affect all of his siblings?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Delirium was once called Delight. How did this transformation take place, and how are these two identities connected?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)