|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the talking dog with Destruction?
2. What is the name of Andros's grandson?
3. How does Delirium feel when she hears Dream will help her?
4. What does the Alderman do after he changes into an animal?
5. What just ended before this book began?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ruby?
2. Who took the absence of Destruction the hardest, and why?
3. How was Delirium comforted during her transition?
4. What does Matthew talk to Lucien about when he first meet him?
5. What was unique about Delirium's transformation?
6. Where did Dream rescue Nada from?
7. How has the Alderman been cheating Death?
8. Why has Bernie decided to be a lawyer?
9. What does Dream do at the beginning of the book, and why?
10. What has Nada chosen to do at the beginning of the book, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Delirium was once called Delight. How did this transformation take place, and how are these two identities connected?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)