|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the last place Despair saw Destruction?
2. Who is the first woman Dream talks to?
3. How does Delirium find the people on her list?
4. What does Dream invite Delirium to do when she comes to visit him?
5. Where in the waking world does Dream want to travel first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Delirium come to talk to Dream after being denied by the twin sisters?
2. Why does Dream tell Delirium he is willing to help her?
3. What is in Bernie's secret black box?
4. Describe the last interchange between Despair and Destruction before he disappeared.
5. What are hung on the walls of Destruction's house?
6. How was Delirium comforted during her transition?
7. What does Destruction say will end his age on earth?
8. How does Delirium hope to cheer up Dream at the beginning of the book?
9. What has Nada chosen to do at the beginning of the book, and why?
10. How has the Alderman been cheating Death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Desire and Despair were twins and shared a realm of experience. Why would these two characters be so tightly connected, and how is this symbolized in the text of this book?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance of the title of the book, and what role did it play in the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Delirium was once called Delight. How did this transformation take place, and how are these two identities connected?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)