|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Delirium the most during her transformation?
2. How does Ruby die?
3. What does the first woman Dream talks to do for him and Delirium?
4. What kind of bird is Matthew?
5. How was Delirium helped through her transformation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Destruction say will end his age on earth?
2. How does Bernie die?
3. What was unique about Delirium's transformation?
4. How does Delirium hope to cheer up Dream at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Dream do at the beginning of the book, and why?
6. What are the Endless?
7. Who is Ruby?
8. How has the Alderman been cheating Death?
9. Describe the last interchange between Despair and Destruction before he disappeared.
10. What are Destruction and Barnabas doing when we first see them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
How did Dreams affect the course of this plot, and why were they such a significant aspect of the Endless?
Essay Topic 3
How did Ishtar die, and how did this death change the tone of the book and progression of the plot?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)