|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the last place Despair saw Destruction?
(d) New York.
2. What did Farrell used to be?
(a) A king.
(b) A spirit.
(c) A god.
(d) An olympian.
3. What city does Delirium meet with a vagrant woman at the beginning of the book?
4. Which of her brothers is Delirium closest to?
5. Where does Dream go to look for Etain?
(a) North Dakota.
(b) South Dakota.
6. How old was Bernie when he died?
7. What is Destruction doing when we first see him in this book?
(d) Playing a violin.
8. What is the first animal we see the Alderman change into?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A bear.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A fox.
9. What does Dream say Delirium is not allowed to do while they look for Destruction?
10. Where was Farrell in his former life?
11. Why does Delirium say she is having such a hard time holding herself together at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is passing into another age.
(b) There is too much change going on.
(c) She misses her brother.
(d) It is her nature.
12. What is the name of Dream's realm?
(a) The Cloud.
(c) The Dreaming.
13. Why does Nada choose to be re-born at the beginning of this book?
(a) So she can forget what happened between her and Dream.
(b) So she can rule the way she wants.
(c) So she can live more simply than before.
(d) So she can get some powers.
14. How long had it been raining when flooding began in the Dreaming?
(a) 20 days.
(b) 27 days.
(c) 18 dys.
(d) 23 days.
15. What does Farrell do in his new life?
(a) Provides transportation.
(b) Predicts the future.
(c) Instructs leaders.
(d) Teaches mythology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Delirium the most during her transformation?
2. What is the Alderman watching when he first appears in the book?
3. Who does Matthew talk to about Dream's lovers?
4. What is the talking dog doing when we first see him?
5. What is the name of the mortal that Delirium connects with the Dancing Woman?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)