|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Alderman watching when he first appears in the book?
(a) The Aurora.
(b) The comet.
(c) The meteor shower.
(d) The birds.
2. What does Dream invite Delirium to do when she comes to visit him?
3. What happens shortly after Etain smells something strange in her living room?
(a) An earthquake starts.
(b) A man knocks on the door.
(c) She faints.
(d) The building explodes.
4. Who shows Dream the secret papers of Bernie?
(a) His housekeeper.
(b) His son.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
5. What does the Alderman do after he changes into an animal?
(a) He eats his shadow.
(b) He howls at the moon.
(c) He marks his area.
(d) He sleeps.
6. What is the Alderman checking when he first appears in the book?
(a) His children's bedrooms.
(b) His death traps.
(c) His calendar and schedule.
(d) His reports.
7. How did Bernie's family think of him?
(a) They thought he was unintelligent.
(b) They thought he was boring.
(c) They thought he was arrogant.
(d) They thought he was strange.
8. Where is Destruction when we first see him in this book?
(a) In a cave.
(b) On a cloud.
(c) Next to the ocean.
(d) On the roof of a building.
9. What just ended before this book began?
(a) Dream's 4th life.
(b) Nada's reign as queen.
(c) Dream's relationship with Nada.
(d) Nada's education.
10. What is different from Bernie than other humans?
(a) He does not dream.
(b) He is long lived.
(c) He has been to the Dreaming.
(d) He can see the Endless.
11. How was Delirium helped through her transformation?
(a) She was held tightly.
(b) She was sung to.
(c) She was massaged.
(d) None of these.
12. What does Etain smell in her living room?
13. How does Bernie remain different from other humans?
(a) He uses his third eye.
(b) He avoids seeing death.
(c) He gives himself up to his dreams.
(d) He never sleeps deeply.
14. Which of her brothers is Delirium closest to?
15. Where was Dream the last time he saw Destruction?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Dream about trying to find Destruction?
2. What does Ruby do while watching TV in her first motel room?
3. What is the first animal we see the Alderman change into?
4. Who does Matthew talk to about Dream's lovers?
5. What has Desire been trying to do at Dream's castle when Delirium comes to visit?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)