|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the talking dog doing when we first see him?
(a) Doing his own painting.
(b) Conducting the music.
(c) Critiquing Destruction's work.
(d) Digging a hole.
2. Where was Farrell in his former life?
3. Where does Delirium meet with Farrell?
4. How are Delirium and Orpheus related?
(a) Delirium is his sister.
(b) Delirium is his mother.
(c) Delirium is his cousin.
(d) Delirium is his aunt.
5. Where in the waking world does Dream want to travel first?
6. Who escorts Delirium home after she talks with the vagrant woman at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Andros do with Orpheus at the beginning of the book?
(a) Hold a prayer.
(b) Watch the sunrise.
(c) Read a book.
(d) Sing a song.
8. How long had it been raining when flooding began in the Dreaming?
(a) 27 days.
(b) 23 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 18 dys.
9. What does Dream invite Delirium to do when she comes to visit him?
10. What is Farrell's other name?
11. What did Destruction say people are using now to figure out phenomena?
12. What kind of bird is Matthew?
13. What just ended before this book began?
(a) Nada's reign as queen.
(b) Dream's relationship with Nada.
(c) Nada's education.
(d) Dream's 4th life.
14. What does the Alderman do after he changes into an animal?
(a) He eats his shadow.
(b) He sleeps.
(c) He marks his area.
(d) He howls at the moon.
15. What is Bernie's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mortal that Delirium connects with the Dancing Woman?
2. Why does Dream say he is setting out to find Destruction?
3. What does Farrell do in his new life?
4. What does Dream say Delirium is not allowed to do while they look for Destruction?
5. What did Delirium have trouble doing when her identity changed?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)