|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sebastian and Charles like to drink during the holidays?
(a) Orange juice
(b) Coca cola
(c) Fine wine
(d) Ginger ale
2. Who invites the two young men to a private party?
(a) Two women
(b) A policeman
(c) Two professors
(d) A doctor
3. Why can Charles not go on holiday with his friends?
(a) His father has grounded him.
(b) He is not a member of their gang.
(c) He is scared of going abroad.
(d) He has spent his annual allowance.
4. What is the name of Julia's new boyfriend?
5. Charles say a woman has a nervous tick with _______ when she is lying.
(a) Her toes
(b) Her ears
(c) Her fingers
(d) Her eyes
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sebastian fill Charles' room with flowers?
2. Where does Sebastian's father live?
3. What does Sebastian decide to put away in this chapter?
4. Which of Sebastian's sisters is closest to his age?
5. How many years ago did Charles first visit Brideshead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Waugh dealt with the theme of homosexuality so far in the novel?
2. Why does Jasper chastise Charles for his choice of friends?
3. What is Charles' reason for not wanting a priest to give Lord Marchmain his religious rites?
4. What is Charles now doing with his life?
5. In what way is the theme of religion prevalent in Book 2, Chapter 5?
6. To what does Charles compare the army?
7. What is the family's relationship with Cara?
8. In what is Rex an unsavory character?
9. How does Charles become acquainted with Sebastian?
10. Describe Charles' marriage to Celia.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)