|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Charles compare his service?
(a) An umbrella
(b) A husband
(c) An ape
(d) A child
2. Brideshead is home to ________.
(a) A reclusive family
(b) A royal family
(c) A working class family
(d) An aristocratic family
3. Between what wars does the book take place?
(a) The Korean War and the Vietnam War
(b) World War II and the Falklands War
(c) The Boer War and World War War I
(d) World War I and World War II
4. With shat does Sebastian fill Charles' room?
(b) Cans of beer
(d) More vomit
5. Charles gives the army the characteristics of ___________.
(a) A woman
(b) A cat
(c) A man
(d) An ape
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Ryder and his troops going?
2. Who does Charles become inseparable with in this chapter?
3. Who does Charles receive a visit from in this chapter?
4. What do Sebastian and Charles like to drink during the holidays?
5. What is the name of the Marchmains' oldest child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Charles' marriage to Celia.
2. Why does Charles ignore Anthony's warnings about Sebastian?
3. What does Boy suggest they do to spice up their evening?
4. Describe Sebastian's parents.
5. What statement by Lord Marchmain's mistress does Charles now understand?
6. Why does Brideshead interest Charles so much?
7. Why is Charles appalled at what he sees on his return to Brideshead?
8. How have things changed for Sebastian and Charles at university?
9. Who are the other Marchmain children?
10. From whose point of view is the story told?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)