|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Beryl not come to Brideshead?
(a) She cannot leave her sickly son.
(b) Charles and Julia's inapproriate living arrangement
(c) It is too far.
(d) The castle is haunted.
2. Who does Julia visit in this section?
(a) Her father
3. In what month does Lord Marchmain's condition turn grave?
4. To whom does Charles telegraph the information about Sebastian?
(a) Lady Marchmain
(b) Lord Marchmain
5. From what artistic style does Charles want to move away?
(a) Typical English style
(b) French style
(c) Brazilian style
(d) Italian style
6. Where does Charles have to meet Celia?
(a) Los Angeles
(c) New York
(d) San Francisco
7. Where did Cordelia find Sebastian?
(a) In Tangiers
(b) In New York
(c) In Carthage
(d) In Chicago
8. What does Charles agree to fund for his children?
(a) Their weddings
(b) Their clothing
(c) Their education
(d) Their travels
9. Who is Celia's brother?
10. Who does Lord Marchmain call for when he sees the priest?
(b) His lawyers
(c) His dead wife
11. How does the German boy avoid going to the army?
(a) He attacks the leading officer.
(b) He tells them he is gay.
(c) He feigns madness.
(d) He shoots off his toe.
12. Who is returning to Brideshead in this chapter?
(b) Lord Marchmain
13. What does Charles spend most of his time doing at Brideshead?
(a) Fixing things around the house
14. Why is Rex prohibited from marrying Julia in a Catholic church?
(a) He is not British.
(b) He has been married before.
(c) There are rumors he is homosexual.
(d) He is not a Catholic.
15. How long has Charles been living with Julia at Brideshead?
(a) Two years
(b) Three years
(c) One year
(d) Five years
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lord Marchmain want to see his lawyers?
2. Why does Charles think that sending for the answer to question #156 is a bad idea?
3. What is Charles' son's name?
4. How many children do Charles and Celia have?
5. Who represents Celia in the divorce proceedings?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)