|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commissions Charles to paint Brideshead?
(c) Lord Marchmain
2. Why does Julia say she wants Charles to marry her?
(a) So they can be conventional
(b) So she has security
(c) So they don't live in sin
(d) So she can have a child
3. Why does Charles claim Rex wants to marry Julia?
(a) To advance his career
(b) To inherit Brideshead
(c) Becasue he wants beautiful children
(d) Because he loves her
4. Who is returning to Brideshead in this chapter?
(d) Lord Marchmain
5. What is Charles' son's name?
6. Which character is dying in this chapter?
(a) The German boy
(c) Lady Marchmain
(d) Lord Marchmain
7. Who does Charles meet aboard the ocean liner?
8. Why does Charles say he must remain in London?
(a) To spend time with Julia
(b) To find a house
(c) To tend to his exhibitions
(d) To see his mother
9. What does Julia say she longs for in this section?
(b) Stability and convention
(c) A sensitive man
(d) Love and understanding
10. Sebastian has moved to _________.
11. Where did Cordelia find Sebastian?
(a) In Carthage
(b) In Tangiers
(c) In New York
(d) In Chicago
12. How long ago did Charles and Julia last see Lord Marchmain?
(a) Nine months
(b) Five months
(c) Six month
(d) Seven months
13. What does Charles leave for Sebastian before he goes home?
(a) A photograph of Lady Marchmain
(b) A portrait
(c) The telegram from Julie
14. From what artistic style does Charles want to move away?
(a) French style
(b) Brazilian style
(c) Italian style
(d) Typical English style
15. Who does Julia visit in this section?
(c) Her father
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia lash out at Charles with in this section?
2. Why does Charles think that sending for the answer to question #156 is a bad idea?
3. What will Charles' painting be sold off to pay?
4. Who represents Celia in the divorce proceedings?
5. How does the German boy avoid going to the army?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)