|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Charles agree to go and find in this section?
(c) The German boy
2. How many years have passed since the last section?
(a) Five years
(b) Eight years
(c) Nine years
(d) Ten years
3. Who is Celia's brother?
4. Why does Charles claim meeting Rex is good for Julia?
(a) She needs security.
(b) She is bored of men her own age.
(c) She needs money.
(d) She needs to feel wanted.
5. Who does Julia visit in this section?
(c) Her father
6. What does Charles spend most of his time doing at Brideshead?
(d) Fixing things around the house
7. Who does the family want to send for for Lord Marchmain's benefit?
(a) A priest
(b) A pharmacist
(c) A doctor
(d) A woman
8. What is Charles' son's name?
9. In what month does Lord Marchmain's condition turn grave?
10. Where did Cordelia find Sebastian?
(a) In Tangiers
(b) In Carthage
(c) In Chicago
(d) In New York
11. Why does Julia say she wants Charles to marry her?
(a) So she can have a child
(b) So they don't live in sin
(c) So they can be conventional
(d) So she has security
12. How many years has Charles spent in Central America?
(a) Five years
(b) Four years
(c) Six years
(d) Two years
13. What is the name of Charles' wife?
14. What does Julia say she longs for in this section?
(a) A sensitive man
(b) Stability and convention
(c) Love and understanding
15. Why does Charles think that sending for the answer to question #156 is a bad idea?
(a) Lord Marchmain will be dead before the priest arrives.
(b) Lord Marchmain has rejected religion.
(c) Lord Marchmain is not in his right mind.
(d) Lord Marchmain does not want visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the German boy avoid going to the army?
2. Why does Charles say he must remain in London?
3. How long has it been since Charles has seen Sebastian?
4. Where does Charles have to meet Celia?
5. Sebastian has moved to _________.
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)