|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What continent is Charles coming back from in this chapter?
(a) South America
(b) Central America
2. The German boy tells Charles that Sebastian is in __________.
(a) A hospital
(b) A monastry
(c) A nunnery
3. How long ago did Charles and Julia last see Lord Marchmain?
(a) Seven months
(b) Nine months
(c) Five months
(d) Six month
4. Why does Charles say he must remain in London?
(a) To see his mother
(b) To tend to his exhibitions
(c) To spend time with Julia
(d) To find a house
5. What has put a strain on Charles and Celia's marriage?
(a) The children
(c) An affair
(d) Charles' travels
6. Why will Beryl not come to Brideshead?
(a) It is too far.
(b) She cannot leave her sickly son.
(c) The castle is haunted.
(d) Charles and Julia's inapproriate living arrangement
7. Why does Beryl not come with Bridey to Brideshead?
(a) She is busy with her children.
(b) She is sickly.
(c) She does not like Brideshead
(d) She wants to see a play in London.
8. What is Charles' daughter's name?
9. Who does Lord Marchmain call for when he sees the priest?
(a) His lawyers
(c) His dead wife
10. What will Charles' painting be sold off to pay?
(a) The servants
(b) A wedding
(c) An extension
11. Why is Rex prohibited from marrying Julia in a Catholic church?
(a) He is not British.
(b) He is not a Catholic.
(c) There are rumors he is homosexual.
(d) He has been married before.
12. What does the family bring into the Chinese drawing room to make the Lord's stay more comfortable?
(a) A piano and books
(b) A television
(c) A radio
(d) A kettle and a stove
13. Who else returns to Brideshead in this section?
14. How many children does Beryl Muspratt have?
15. What is the name of Bridey's fiance?
(a) Franny Hillsporn
(b) Delia Nobsod
(c) Freda Smith
(d) Beryl Muspratt
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is dying in this chapter?
2. Where does Lord Marchmain demand to sleep?
3. What does Charles spend most of his time doing at Brideshead?
4. What is the name of Charles' wife?
5. What kind of disorder is Sebastian fighting in question #99?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)