|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Marchmains' oldest child?
(b) Lord Brideshead
2. At what estate do Charles and his troops set up camp?
3. Who arrives announced at the university in this chapter?
(a) Lady Marchmain
(b) Lord Marchmain
(d) Charles' father
4. Why does Sebastian refuse to take Charles on a tour of the castle?
(a) It is rife with man traps
(b) He is allergic to the damp
(c) It is an ugly building
(d) He does not want to introduce his family
5. Where do Sebastian and Charles decide to travel to in this section?
6. Why has Lady Marchmain come to the university?
(a) To do some shopping
(b) To get to know Charles
(c) To get to know her son
(d) To talk to the head
7. Where are Ryder and his troops going?
(a) The Sudan
(b) They do not know.
(d) The Sahara
8. What is the name of Charles' friend who first invites him to Brideshead?
9. Why can Charles not go on holiday with his friends?
(a) He is scared of going abroad.
(b) His father has grounded him.
(c) He is not a member of their gang.
(d) He has spent his annual allowance.
10. Why is Charles excited about setting up camp?
(a) They have invited women to join them.
(b) He is happy to get a rest.
(c) He is looking forward to a gourmet meal.
(d) He has been there before.
11. What does Sebastian always carry with him?
(a) A gun
(b) A teddy bear
(c) A stick
(d) A ham roll
12. Which member of the family does Charles meet?
13. In which city is Charles' home?
14. Where does Rex invite Sebastian and Charles?
(a) A soccer match
(b) A charity dinner
(c) A charity ball
(d) A business meeting
15. Who invites the two young men to a private party?
(a) A policeman
(b) Two professors
(c) Two women
(d) A doctor
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do the families want to prepare the young men?
2. Anthony has moved to _________.
3. Who picks up Charles from the station?
4. With shat does Sebastian fill Charles' room?
5. Who has Lady Marchmain hired to look after her son?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)