|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sebastian's father live?
2. Charles say a woman has a nervous tick with _______ when she is lying.
(a) Her toes
(b) Her ears
(c) Her fingers
(d) Her eyes
3. Why can Charles not go on holiday with his friends?
(a) He is not a member of their gang.
(b) He has spent his annual allowance.
(c) His father has grounded him.
(d) He is scared of going abroad.
4. For what do the families want to prepare the young men?
(b) Jobs in the public service
(c) Life in general
5. Why does Sebastian refuse to take Charles on a tour of the castle?
(a) He is allergic to the damp
(b) It is an ugly building
(c) It is rife with man traps
(d) He does not want to introduce his family
6. Who sends Charles a telegram at the beginning of this section?
7. Who provides the young men advice about working hard at university?
(a) Their families
(b) The police
(c) The Prime Minister
(d) Their tutors
8. Where does Charles paint his mural?
(a) On the garden wall
(b) On the dining room ceiling
(c) On Sebastian's bedroom wall
(d) On the interior walls of the mansion
9. What two words does Charles use to describe a woman's charm?
(a) Routine and mechanic
(b) Lost and forgetful
(c) Dreamy and dangerous
(d) Random and delicate
10. In what year did Charles first visit Brideshead?
11. Anthony has moved to _________.
(d) New York
12. With whom does Lord Marchmain live in Italy?
(a) His male lover
(b) His sister
(c) His mistress
(d) His mother
13. In which city is Charles' home?
14. Which member of the family does Charles meet?
15. To what does Charles compare his service?
(a) A husband
(b) An ape
(c) A child
(d) An umbrella
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cara, Sebastian has a tendency towards ________.
2. What does Charles prefer to drinking?
3. How long does Charles say the woman has kept house?
4. How old was Lord Marchmain when he left the family home?
5. How do Charles and his troops get to England?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)