|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brideshead is home to ________.
(a) A working class family
(b) An aristocratic family
(c) A royal family
(d) A reclusive family
2. Why does Jasper think Charles' friends are a bad influence?
(a) Their bad language and drinking habits
(b) Their addiction to absinthe
(c) Their attitude towards institutions
(d) Their financial irresponsibility and inappropraite behavior
3. What do Sebastian and Charles like to drink during the holidays?
(a) Coca cola
(b) Fine wine
(c) Orange juice
(d) Ginger ale
4. How many years ago did Charles first visit Brideshead?
(a) Thirty years
(b) Twenty years
(c) Forty years
(d) Ten years
5. What is the name of Lord Marchmain's mistress?
6. Where does Charles spend the New Year's holiday?
(b) New York
7. Sebastian invite Charles out for ________.
(a) A swim
(b) A walk
8. What does Charles paint during his stay?
(a) A portrait
(b) A landscape
(c) A mural
(d) An abstract painting
9. In which city is Charles' home?
10. Julia departs for _________ when Charles arrives.
11. Between what wars does the book take place?
(a) World War I and World War II
(b) The Boer War and World War War I
(c) World War II and the Falklands War
(d) The Korean War and the Vietnam War
12. What is the name of Sebastian's bear?
13. What is Charles' rank in the army?
14. Where does Sebastian's father live?
15. What is the name of the Marchmains' oldest child?
(a) Lord Brideshead
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Lord Marchmain live in Italy?
2. Which of Sebastian's sisters is closest to his age?
3. What does Charles prefer to drinking?
4. What kind of school does Cordelia attend?
5. Boy suggests they go to __________.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)