|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. Azad:
2. Nazneen wants to work to save money to:
3. Chanu turns down a job:
4. Which of the following is not a friend of Hasina?
5. Chanu shows Nazneen a sketch of:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hasina encourage Nazneen to do?
2. What happens to Hasina's second marriage to Ahmed?
3. What happens to Hasina's job at the garment factory?
4. What does Nazneen ask Chanu for permission to do with Raiza?
5. What does Chanu view as the tragedy of the immigrant?
6. What were the circumstances of Nazneen's birth?
7. Why is Shahana not interested in the Internet?
8. What does Chanu tell Nazneen that his long range plans are?
9. What does Nazneen learn that Chanu has been telling his family for many years?
10. How does the family survive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nazneen accepts the marriage to the man her father has chosen even though he is a complete stranger to her. What does she realize about him when
Ruku dies that makes her think her father did a good job in selecting a husband for her? Does she think that she and Chanu are very different?
Essay Topic 2
When Nazneen said she would make up her own mind about Chanu, Karim and Bangladesh, she meant it. She discussed it with no one. What is the significance of this? Should she have talked things out with Chanu earlier? What could this have accomplished?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book Chanu warned Nazneen about Raiza. Why? What was the threat that was represented by Raiza?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)