|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had Chanu received a letter from?
2. Rupban's husband is:
3. What does Chanu tell Dr. Azad that his plan is?
4. Chanu brings Nazneen her:
5. Chanu does not feel that:
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Nazneen and Chanu received by Dr. Azad?
2. What is Chanu's attitude about his job as a taxi driver?
3. Why is Shahana not interested in the Internet?
4. During the dinner, what does Chanu feel bitter about?
5. What is Chanu's theory about Mrs. Islam's handkerchiefs?
6. What does Chanu view as the tragedy of the immigrant?
7. Why is Nazneen worried?
8. Why does the upset Nazneen wander around the city?
9. How is Nazneen beginning to view her husband?
10. What does Nazneen ask Chanu for permission to do with Raiza?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book Chanu warned Nazneen about Raiza. Why? What was the threat that was represented by Raiza?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Chanu knew about Nazneen's affair with Karim? Why or why not? What indications were there?
Essay Topic 3
Chanu talks of the tragedy of the immigrant. What is meant by this? Why is the clash of cultures such a serious problem for them?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)