|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nazneen think of while doing her housework and cooking?
(c) Dr. Azad
2. Dr. Azad advises Chanu to:
(a) eat more slowly
(b) not to be so ambitious
(c) forget about his desired promotion
(d) forget about returning to Pakistan
3. What advice does Nazneen have for Raiza?
(a) to make up with her husband for the children's sake
(b) to see a marriage counselor
(c) to find a job no matter what her husband says
(d) to leave her husband
4. The story of Nazneen's birth was often told to her as:
(a) Nazneen's Story
(b) The Miracle of Nanzeen
(c) How You Were Left to Your Fate
(d) Banesa's Story
5. Chanu feels that to be an immigrant is to:
(a) be in a bad position
(b) be the only way to succeed
(c) live out a tragedy
(d) be lucky
6. Nazneen tells Raiza that Chanu feels that the reason he hasn't yet received his promotion is due to:
(a) he hasn't yet completed his degree
(b) a slow economy
(c) he isn't due for a promotion
7. When Rupban first went into labor, she was busy:
(b) gossiping with the women in the village
(c) plucking a chicken
(d) ploughing a fired
8. What does Dr. Azad mention that Nazneen knows nothing about?
(a) having dinner with Chanu
(c) a petition
(d) aseeing Chanu as a patient
9. Which of the following is not a friend of Hasina?
10. Where do Chanu and Nazneen go on their Sunday outing?
(b) to a rstaurant
(c) to visit Mrs. Islam
(d) to the house of Dr. Azad
11. Rupban's husband is:
12. What was Chanu looking for?
(b) a job consistent with his educaztion
(d) easy money
13. What does Nazneen do when she is upset about Hasina's letter?
(a) she wanders around London
(b) she talks to Raiza
(c) she talks to Dr. Azad
(d) she refuses to talk to Chanu
14. When Nazneen asks Chanu for a new sari, he:
(a) says no
(b) says she doesn't need one
(c) buys it for her
(d) has a fit of rage
15. What does Chanu tell Dr. Azad that his plan is?
(a) to buy a new car
(b) to own a country estate
(c) to be successful and return to Pakistan
(d) to teacvh at the university
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chanu so concerned with at his work?
2. Nazneen found her way home after being lost by:
3. What, according to Banesa, will determine if Nazneen will live?
4. Nazneen still has dreams of:
5. Chanu is:
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)