|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Raiza?
(a) she maintains a traditional Pakistani household
(b) she stopped wearing a sari
(c) she is beginning to swear
(d) she is angry at her husband
2. After three dazys Chanu:
(a) consulted with Dr. Azad
(b) departed for Dhaka
(c) went home for food and certain items
(d) took Ruku home
3. Chanu feels that:
(a) Mrs. Islam visits too much
(b) more intelligent babies require less sleep
(c) Nazneen pays too much attention to Ruku
(d) Ruku isn't his child
4. Hasina is considered the bad one at work because:
(a) of her relationship with Mr. Chowdhury
(b) she is the best worker
(c) she is beautiful
(d) she is the youngest
5. The family is supported by Nazneen's:
(b) work as a waitress
(c) tailoring business
(d) work as a store clerk
6. When Mrs. Islam visits, Nazneen learns that:
(a) Mrs. Islam is moving
(b) Raiza owes her money
(c) Chanu is seeing another woman
(d) Chanu borrowed money from her
7. What item did Nazneen tell Chanu to bring:
(a) baby food
(b) a teddy bear
(c) a toy rattle
(d) Ruku's special blanket
8. Why can't Raiza secure employment?
(a) her husband says he will kill her
(b) she has children
(c) she has no skills
(d) she doesn't want to wrok
9. Who looks after Hasina?
(d) Mr. Chowdhury
10. What gift does Raiza bring for Ruku?
(a) a man doll
(b) a book
(c) a blanket
(d) a teddy bear
11. Nazneen has a dream about:
(a) a mynah bird that wouldn't fly away
(b) her sister
(c) her daughter's disappearance
(d) Mrs. Islam
12. Where do Chanu and Nazneen go on their Sunday outing?
(a) to visit Mrs. Islam
(c) to the house of Dr. Azad
(d) to a rstaurant
13. Nazneen begins to worry about Chanu when he:
(a) refuses to talk to her
(b) talks about returning to Bangledesh
(c) stops reading
(d) refuses to go out
14. Dr. Azad is Nazneen's:
(d) dinner guest
15. What does Chanu believe about the tunes he sings to the child in Nazneen's womb?
(a) he is proving to Nazneen that he wants the child
(b) Nazneen finds it amusing
(c) it makes him happy
(d) the child will recognize them when he is born
Short Answer Questions
1. Chanu is:
2. How does Chanu rationalize the use of alcohol?
3. What happens to Hasina's job at the garment factory?
4. Nazneen wants Chanu to:
5. Why is Chanu upset at Dr. Azad?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)